Shooting Stars - Starlight 2019

Shooting Stars - Starlight by XerJoff
Shooting Stars - Starlight is a popular limited perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesAlmond, Cinnamon, Clove
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cedarwood, Balsamic notes

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 07.01.2021.

Connie
Rather overhasty but patience pays off.
The top note is a bit much. Cardamom up to the sky and so much I'd have to cough. I find the top notes just too much... A lot of spices. From the beginning it doesn't smell like perfume but like baking ingredients. Cardamom and clove...

But 30 minutes later the scent develops super nice. Cardamom only plays a minor role, but instead almonds and some balsamic notes come to the fore more and more. In the base this fragrance is heavenly and is a really beautiful cuddly scent, with a good portion of amber.

So if you have a little patience and survive the first 30-40 minutes without coughing, you will be rewarded with a dream scent..

Durability is moderate and the sillage is rather low. Otherwise a good Christmas scent...

Christmas in a bottle
Xerjoff has been a house, that I tend to keep close eye on, when ever they make new release. I have enjoyed the way Xerjoff utilies spices in few of their newer releases, like Golden Dallah for example. Thirdly I would mention the presentation for the limited edition releases, quite exquisite :)

Well what I think about Starlight:

On top there's that Shooting Star signature bright blast of Bergamot shortly followed by quite fresh and aromatic combo of green cardamom and gloves. Both smell quite natural as the spices used for baking. These three notes play complimenting one another for some time. After that cinnamon and amber or benzoin starts to warm up the composition. Starlight gets warmer and sweeter, but not too much so. Nothing tard like. More like fresh baked gingerbred.

I can see clove being a tricky note for some with Starlight. Clove is quite punchent and dominant note with this one. So if you don't like cloves as a note, this might not be for you. In Starlight's defense, I have to say, that balance is the key.

Almond I can't detect, maybe in base there's a sort of nutty nuance. I have same problem with Golden Dallah's hazel nut note. I am not sure, if I would classify this as gourmand. Maybe oriental spicy or even fresh spicy/aromatic? I think is definately unisex scent or even genderless scent. For me Kilian Intoxicated is in same ball part concerning gender ( scent wise they are nothing alike).

Closest relative from the house has to be Golden Dallah. Spices at the top are very similar. In DG cloves are toned down and nutmeg is more amped up. After developing DG takes more darker aura and Starlight stays relatively "bright" till the end.

Starlight isn't anything ground braking, but very nice addition to Shooting Stars collection. For my personal taste, I like the darker aura of Golden Dallah more than Starlight. I also feel, that the base of Starlight ends up being flat. It's very nice pastry-vanilla, but on same time very familiar.
My Christmas Star
Every year... Come Christmas and with it the feeling to treat yourself to something very special. To spoil yourself and do something good. This is what happened to me this year with this wonderful Xerjoff here. It's been a while since I bought a fragrance from this house, not quite cheap and usually a bit too special, which usually kept me from pressing the order button. This one wasn't easy at first either... Expensive, limited and also the fragrance again very special. But my sample from the sharing just wouldn't let go of me. So it came that I had to order it to get my peace of mind back, it was nice that it arrived yesterday on time for Christmas Eve :) but now to the essential...

The smell:
Already with the first test I had to think of Christmas right after spraying on the bike. The smell of Christmas markets, from speculoos, mulled wine, Linzer Pl├Ątzchen, oranges spiked with cloves to roasted almonds, is everything your heart desires. Intense spices, especially cardamom, come through here very strongly at first. For some, perhaps a little too much spice, but after a short time, the fragrance starts to work and becomes softer, rounder and slightly sweetish, even if the spices do not move into the background until the end, they are a perfect unit through a warm and very pleasant almond note and cinnamon and amber, and thus result in a fragrance which is full of high-quality and finest ingredients only shine like a star
Shelf life:
With this fragrance you can get through the day without it disappearing completely. In my hair I notice him the very next day. On clothes as well. Since I am a frequent sprayer, I like to refill 1-2 sprayers after 2 hours, just to experience the development of the fragrance again :) The sillage is also very high, my boss had gotten a little bit too much and he had to open the windows, others came and praised me in the sky how good I would smell :)

Flacon:
This one is simply gorgeous again, very high quality, quite heavy and the packaging is also grandiose, I am totally in love and every few hours I think about where I can take the best and most beautiful pictures and where I should put it in the apartment, it should not go into the perfume room because it would sink there, it will probably be the hallway in my starry shell, which fits perfectly, at least over how winter time and in summer for safety maybe in the perfume room, who knows...

All those who like spicy fragrances and love Christmas should try this starlight, here Xerjoff has once again created something wonderful, which you cannot smell every day, a special fragrance, especially for the cold days but not only at Christmas! I am very happy to be able to call this piece of jewellery my own now :)
Merry Christmas to you all!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 days ago
Beautiful and fresh opening with citruses, cardamom and almond. In the drydown, it's warm, spicy, aromatic, almond with cinnamon.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Smellie13
by Smellie13
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular XerJoff

Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Amber Star by XerJoff XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff Casamorati - Dolce Amalfi by XerJoff Opera by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Nio by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Star Musk by XerJoff Coffee Break - Golden Dallah by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff XJ 1861 Renaissance by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Esquel by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Ibitira by XerJoff Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Ouverture by XerJoff