Shooting Stars - Starlight by XerJoff

Shooting Stars - Starlight 2019

MariaS
14.11.2021 - 09:23 AM

I do like the idea that there’s a little starlight in each of us

“Aristotle taught that stars are made of a different matter than the four earthly elements— a quintessence— that also happens to be what the human psyche is made of. Which is why man’s spirit corresponds to the stars. Perhaps that’s not a very scientific view, but I do like the idea that there’s a little starlight in each of us”. Lisa Kleypas.

I recently smelled this perfume and I was amazed!! From the first impression you will say “too simple for Xerjoff” but it’s not. I believe it is a great perfume and I ll explain!

At the beginning you get a very intense bergamot scent which reminded me of Nio regarding the sourness and made me think “is it a freshie”? Coz I don’t like freshies…or at least I don’t like to pay a lot for freshies coz they don’t last long! As time goes by and after almost half an hour, this sourness fades and the spices are becoming more prominent. The cinnamon adds a sweetness to them but they are all so beautifully blended together. After some hours, the balsamic notes appear and it becomes a smooth sweet almost bubblegum spicy scent which is incredible! The drydown where base notes appear reminds me of Decas base which also is a bit bubblegummy. Maybe it’s the balsamic notes at their base! The scents overall are not similar but If you told me that they are from the same collection, I would believe you!

To sum up, the scent is spicy balsamic sweet and it changes as time goes by. It is not linear! The longevity is very good but I dont find a great sillage! I am waiting for my bottle to come but from the decant I have and tested it about 4 times, I don’t get it much in the air! If I needed something in this perfume to be perfect 10, would be a dense vanilla at the base to give a more solid base to all the spices!

I tested this perfume because someone told me that it is similar to changing Constance by Penhaligons which I love but haven’t bought, because it doesn’t last long. The truth is that they are quite similar after bergamot fades in starlight but Changing constance is more sweet and gourmand because of caramel and vanilla. Taking into account the similar smell, the quality and longevity of Xerjoff perfumes, it works as a perfect alternative and that’s why I bought Starlight immediately! They have the same price by the way…

Also, I saw some people comparing Starlight to Vanilla Diorama which is my favourite perfume! It kind of has similar vibes, they are both spicy sweet, elegant, discreet, versatile. Like they are from the same family! Vanilla diorama is very boozy because of the rum and more gourmand because of the cocoa and vanilla. You can say Starlight is a virgin Diorama…you know…without the booze!

I believe I helped you understand this perfume! It is amazing, easy to wear, I think versatile (I bought it now on November so haven’t tested in in summer but I believe it works), elegant, discreet, unisex and for all occasions!

Thank you for your time! Be safe smell great and believe in the starlight inside you!

Maria

Latest Reviews

MariaSMariaS 1 day ago
Psychedelic Love - Initio

Psychedelic Love Medicinal florals
When I smelled this one I was like meh…but when I did a full wear, I was enchanted and needed a bottle ASAP!! This perfume opens with intense white floral scent, mostly ylang ylang and Jasmine and some bergamot. There is a slight touch of rose...

MariaSMariaS 1 day ago
Grape Pearls - The House of Oud

Grape Pearls Coffee rose oud fragrance with a twist
Juicy grapes and bluberries laid on a coffee-rose-oud base, creating a gourmand rose-oud fragrance with a twist. It opens synthetic but this is how blueberries and grapes taste so it doesn’t bother me…After some time,...