Starlight 2019

Starlight by XerJoff
8.2 / 10 279 Ratings
Starlight is a popular perfume by XerJoff for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot CardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart Notes AlmondAlmond CinnamonCinnamon CloveClove
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber CedarwoodCedarwood Balsamic notesBalsamic notes
Videos
Submitted by Amourage, last update on 27.01.2023.
First part of the "Shooting Stars" collection, Starlight is now part of the "Spotlight" collection.

8 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 19
My Christmas Star
Every year... Come Christmas and with it the feeling to treat yourself to something very special. To spoil yourself and do something good. This is what happened to me this year with this wonderful Xerjoff here. It's been a while since I bought a fragrance from this house, not quite cheap and usually a bit too special, which usually kept me from pressing the order button. This one wasn't easy at first either... Expensive, limited and also the fragrance again very special. But my sample from the sharing just wouldn't let go of me. So it came that I had to order it to get my peace of mind back, it was nice that it arrived yesterday on time for Christmas Eve :) but now to the essential...

The smell:
Already with the first test I had to think of Christmas right after spraying on the bike. The smell of Christmas markets, from speculoos, mulled wine, Linzer Plätzchen, oranges spiked with cloves to roasted almonds, is everything your heart desires. Intense spices, especially cardamom, come through here very strongly at first. For some, perhaps a little too much spice, but after a short time, the fragrance starts to work and becomes softer, rounder and slightly sweetish, even if the spices do not move into the background until the end, they are a perfect unit through a warm and very pleasant almond note and cinnamon and amber, and thus result in a fragrance which is full of high-quality and finest ingredients only shine like a star
Shelf life:
With this fragrance you can get through the day without it disappearing completely. In my hair I notice him the very next day. On clothes as well. Since I am a frequent sprayer, I like to refill 1-2 sprayers after 2 hours, just to experience the development of the fragrance again :) The sillage is also very high, my boss had gotten a little bit too much and he had to open the windows, others came and praised me in the sky how good I would smell :)

Flacon:
This one is simply gorgeous again, very high quality, quite heavy and the packaging is also grandiose, I am totally in love and every few hours I think about where I can take the best and most beautiful pictures and where I should put it in the apartment, it should not go into the perfume room because it would sink there, it will probably be the hallway in my starry shell, which fits perfectly, at least over how winter time and in summer for safety maybe in the perfume room, who knows...

All those who like spicy fragrances and love Christmas should try this starlight, here Xerjoff has once again created something wonderful, which you cannot smell every day, a special fragrance, especially for the cold days but not only at Christmas! I am very happy to be able to call this piece of jewellery my own now :)
Merry Christmas to you all!
Helpful Review 9
Xerjoff number 8 - the one from the other star
Yay, I think slowly my passion for great gourmands is coming back. I've come full circle. After I have tested pretty much all categories of fragrances and my collection has adapted accordingly, I now land where I started and enjoy again beautiful gourmand notes, which have already accompanied me before Parfumo so some time. All the more I'm glad that after almost two years and 250 tested fragrances my nose is back to "zero" and my enthusiasm for this type of fragrances was rekindled Since currently the test marathon of many Xerjoff fragrances on the plan stood and stands, it was clear to me, it had to come to the point where I get a great Gourmand under the nose. Especially Xerjoff as a brand with its many variations is predestined to present the right fragrance here. That the Xerjoff Starlight is not the last good and convincing fragrance of the brand, I then quickly realized, but this will be visible in the coming weeks in my reviews.

The Starlight was not even my first choice in the first step or test. Many other candidates were before this in the mental row, if he would have landed at all with me. However, the opportunity arose and so I could not resist. In retrospect, a very good decision, because by the test and its result Starlight was now part of my 15ml miniflakon package of Xerjoff.
At this point I would also like to express again a special praise for Xerjoff to offer these miniflakons. The selection of the composition of own sets could be even larger, however, I can take so many different fragrances without being tied with masses of milliliters to a fragrance.

So what makes Starlight so special or interesting for me as a gourmand nose?
To do this, we have to make a little trip into the fragrance pyramid, because here are three components or fragrance notes noted, which just at the beginning for a very specific association and a comparison to a very popular fragrance produce. Almond, cinnamon and balsamic notes (whatever is to be defined under it). These three notes are strong on the nose for me at the start and combine into such an incredibly great creaminess, reminiscent of the complete scent progression of Tom Ford's Fucking Fabulous. I thought I got the wrong sample at first. It was surprising and pleasant to sniff. If the further course is then also as beautiful as the beginning, then it could only be a horny fragrance.
With time, some clove, some wood, some resinous notes join it and the almond and the balsamic moves something in the background. Since then come at some point the associations with unbaked cookie dough. The whole thing seems less sweet than I first imagined, because the spices counter the resinous notes a bit and the woodiness also takes away a lot of sweetness. So the fragrance is also interesting for people who otherwise get the horror with sweet fragrances and can not do much with Gourmands.

What I have to highlight this fragrance but again is the drydown. Many Gourmands have the habit at the end either in a sweet sundries or in strong vanilla notes to fall off. Not so with this one, it stays extremely long the only slightly sweetened cookie dough to then at some point rather in a spiced wood note with vanilla hints and light resin transition. Thus, one has compared to other fragrances not the feeling to have to re-spray or to go to the environment with very sweet notes on the nerves.
You could already read it out in this paragraph, the fragrance holds up really well. With a spray on the arm I have heard the fragrance really the complete day. So at least twelve hours long, even if he is skin after a good eight hours. I feel this longevity is really quite good with the current temperatures, and I'm sure it will be extended a bit by even slightly colder temperatures. The sillage isn't too bad either, if you're expecting a sweet gourmand not to flood entire city canyons right away. The first time there's no question where the scent lingers in the Fucking Fabuous-like state, there's some real power there. Also the following one to two hours were very pleasant with me, because every now and then a small surge of the great aromas arrived with me.

The test of this fragrance has currently really worthwhile and I'm looking forward to my mini bottle, as it can be the perfect companion for autumn and spring, if not already mentally with me. Just the in the long run only finely dosed sweetness leaves me with a big grin.
Connie
Rather overhasty but patience pays off.
The top note is a bit much. Cardamom up to the sky and so much I'd have to cough. I find the top notes just too much... A lot of spices. From the beginning it doesn't smell like perfume but like baking ingredients. Cardamom and clove...

But 30 minutes later the scent develops super nice. Cardamom only plays a minor role, but instead almonds and some balsamic notes come to the fore more and more. In the base this fragrance is heavenly and is a really beautiful cuddly scent, with a good portion of amber.

So if you have a little patience and survive the first 30-40 minutes without coughing, you will be rewarded with a dream scent..

Durability is moderate and the sillage is rather low. Otherwise a good Christmas scent...

Warm and cozy
This is my favorite now for a Christmas holiday time. On my hot skin bergamot not screaming und well blended with cardamon. Cozy and jammy. Then comes cinnamon with wood and balanced this cocktail. It’s so warm like a Kashmir sweater. A bit of balsam note playing and time to time they appear and disappear again. You will not smell like a Turkish bazaar full of spices, it’s absolutely different direction. Well balanced, not too sweet but not too spicy. I see this smell more on women than on man. Very diffuser and maximum 2 spray will hold you all day in its hugs and give you warm and cozy mood. Just super discovery for me! winter and cold weather it’s time

Surprising discovery
Being in Xerjoff`s fan group I was recommended to buy this fragrance for its eternal beauty. Price was quite high to dive into unknown but curiosity won. I received it back in December 2020. This wasn't my first one from the house, but the first from the Shooting Stars collection. What can I say? I was more impressed with the piece of Meteorite, which accompanied the bottle, - their special gift for any SS line fragrances, - than with the juice itself.
It was like yes and know, or rather - why would I wear this one, if I have many other favourites?
The main NO about it was a very disturbing bayleaf/ laurel /soup )) note. I know, it was cardamon, but sorry! - laurel for me.
I have already mentioned that once a guy drove 70 km over to me to try Erba, and the same guy after sniffing Starlight just exclaimed: My God, this is the best I've ever smelt! I told him that he could have it because I wasn't that keen on it. And he answered: Keep it, it's yours, and I will have mine. One day you will appreciate this piece of heaven you own.
And this day happened to be today....
While decanting I decided to give it a go on my wrist. And it was a lucky move!!! My God! What a star gem I have!
First of all I would never ever consider it to be a summer fragrance. It is hot and dry today and it is behaving just wonderfully!
It stars with citrus, pine, cedar and very mild bergamot and yes, that laurel note, which botheres me badly. It doesn't lean masculine at all, I would rather say, it is even more feminine than unisex.
It is highly addictive straight away - you just can't stop sniffing your wrist, and Starlight plays along, developing and seducing. The sillage grows, that laurel is almost gone and now starts vanilla and light poudre. In 30 minutes the soup note )) completely disappears and and the fragrance becomes very opulent but still noble and posh. You feel like your whole body wears not a scent but states a life style - luxurious, elegant, rich but without being a show-off. Just a simplicity of royals.
Citrusy but not cologny; vanilly but not gourmand, bergamot but not masculine, powdery but not feminine, aldehyde but not old-fashioned.
Clean, cristal-clear, noble.
After 8 hours it is still with me.
I love you my personal Star piece.
Should I consider buying a back up bottle? Ha-ha! I have done it right now!!
More reviews

9 short views on the fragrance
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Beautiful and fresh opening with citruses, cardamom and almond. In the drydown, it's warm, spicy, aromatic, almond with cinnamon.
SmellsFargoSmellsFargo 11 months ago
I feel like sailor Moon after she changes from the normal high school student. But I'm from Harlem so call me Sailor Goon
Basilisk2803Basilisk2803 1 year ago
Find the right weather, give it another chance, keep trying - you will be amazed.
MrLawmanMrLawman 2 years ago
A lovely, elegant, posh fragrance. Very alluring with a heavy dose of clove in the opening that paves the way for a warm bed of cardamom.
MariaSMariaS 1 year ago
A bit Citrusy a bit spicy a bit fresh a bit sweet. I needed a strong sweet vanilla at the base notes! When bergamot fades it’s beautiful!
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

19 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by XerJoff

XJ 1861 Naxos by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) by XerJoff Amber Star by XerJoff Tony Iommi Monkey Special by XerJoff Shooting Stars - Uden by XerJoff Alexandria II (Pure Attar) by XerJoff Casamorati - Lira (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Join The Club - Torino21 by XerJoff Join The Club - 40 Knots by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria III by XerJoff Accento by XerJoff Oud Stars - Alexandria Orientale by XerJoff Join The Club - Ivory Route by XerJoff 17/17 - Richwood by XerJoff Casamorati - Bouquet Ideale (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff Oud Stars - Fars by XerJoff 17/17 - Symphonium by XerJoff Casamorati - 1888 by XerJoff Casamorati - Dama Bianca (Eau de Parfum) by XerJoff 17/17 - Pikovaya Dama by XerJoff