Citrus - WoodCitrus & Wood (2011)

Citrus - Wood / Citrus & Wood by Yardley
Citrus - Wood is a popular perfume by Yardley for men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-citrusy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Elemi resin, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch, Oakmoss, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 18.07.2018

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
The McLaren F1 fragrance souvenir
Yardley is one of those brand names and scents from my early boyhood.
I still remember (very well) the McLaren M19 and M23 racing in Brands Hatch and Silverstone with the Yardley colours.
Peter Revson (from the Revlon family) won the British Grand Prix in 1973 driving an Yardley McLaren M23 in the circuit of Silverstone. Guys like Jackie Stewart, Emerson Fittipaldi, François Cevert, James Hunt, Denny Hulme, Ronnie Peterson, Jody Scheckter, Niky Lauda, Clay Regazzony, Jacky Ickx and John Watson were all in that Formula One starting grid.
An Yardley bottle (don't remember which one) was the very first cologne I bought at the age of eleven years old.

Citrus & Wood has been released in the current decade and it's a very classy fragrance. It comes in a handy 50ml bottle that you can easily slip in the pocket.
The citrus notes combined with the resins, birch, spices, amber and woods do make a bold impression. Performance is average, which is a pity as the ambery woody drydown is very pleasant.
I bought my third 50ml bottle last week. I have more 300 perfume flasks in my closet and what do I wear quite often? .... Citrus and Wood!!!!
By the way, I also wear Terre d'Hermes with some frequency.
My real personal issue is that they never sponsored McLaren or any other Formula One Team, neither back in the 70's, nor in more recent years. So I reward Yardley by being a loyal customer of their fragrances.

The scents - Citrus & Wood and Terre d'Hermes EDT - are really alike and the Yardley flask costs kind of 10 times less per ml or oz (13 times to be precise). The performance is inferior but you just have to respray.
So, following my head and heart, the Yardley flask took the place of Terre d' Hermes EDT. And my nose never complained with my head and heart decision.
I hope you don't mind a little white lie in the text above.
I still have Terre d'Hermes EDP and use it a lot - it's a fantastic fragrance.

My rate for Citrus & Wood: 8.0/10.0 ------------ up to 5 = avoid it;
---------------------------------------------------------------- between 5 and 6 = under average;
---------------------------------------------------------------- between 6 and 7 = average;
---------------------------------------------------------------- between 7 and 8 =above average;
---------------------------------------------------------------- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
---------------------------------------------------------------- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
My 50ml bottles costed me €10.00 each one. For the price I suggest you to just blind buy it.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
A Classy and Refined Cheapie
This was a blind buy and I was worried that it might smell like lemon furniture polish. However considering the low price and the very favourable reviews I decided to give it a go and was very pleased with my purchase. What you get is a very refined and very classy smelling fragrance. It may be a 'cheapie' but in no way does it smell like it. Essentially it does exactly what it says on the bottle in the fact that it smells of both citrus and wood. Not a particularly helpful statement you may think, but it delivers exactly what it promises and that is never a bad thing.

Carlitos01 155 days ago
It does ressemble Terre d'Hermes with a 95% similarity, and... it's less arsh at the top, costs 1/7 of the price and it's reaaally pleasant.+1
Bottle 5.0
Sillage 6.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 8.5

• by jakdelind by jakdelind
  • by Okidoki11 by Okidoki11
  • by Okidoki11 by Okidoki11
  • by Vawallpa by Vawallpa
  • by oliver1h by oliver1h

Popular Yardley

English Lavender (1873) (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley Citrus - Wood / Citrus & Wood by Yardley Iris by Yardley Lily of the Valley (1980) by Yardley English Rose (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley April Violets (1913) by Yardley Heritage Collection - Geranium by Yardley Daisy Sapphire / English Daisy / Royal English Daisy by Yardley Peony by Yardley Heritage Collection - Orange Blossom by Yardley Lavender Spa by Yardley English Bluebell by Yardley English Lavender (2015) by Yardley Heritage Collection - Hyacinth by Yardley Lace (1982) by Yardley Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley Chique (1976) by Yardley Gentleman Royal Oud by Yardley Imperial Vetyver by Yardley English Rose (2015) by Yardley