Citrus - Wood Citrus & Wood 2011

Citrus - Wood / Citrus & Wood by Yardley
Citrus - Wood is a popular perfume by Yardley for men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-citrusy. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver
CedarCedar

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 16.10.2020.

A nice TdH clone...
C&W opens with a sharp, alcoholic blast of lemon that within the next 30 minutes evolves into an extremely pleasant, refreshing drydown with birch, vetiver and sandalwood.

It's a very pleasing allround scent for adult (30+) fellas that can be used for work as well as leisure time - only be aware you shouldn't use this as a refresher in betweens meetings - or your colleagues will think you've just downed half a bottle of gin until the drydown settles ;-)
I really like this little cheapie, though the "standard" bottle with the paper label does look really - well, cheap!

Sillage is medium/OK, but the longevity rather poor - I get a max of 3 hours from this baby.

A recommendation for Yardley should be to give it some steroids, make a long lasting intense or EDP version and stuff it into a somewhat more classy bottle. They could easily double the price, and I would still be buying it.

PS: I can see that Yardley also make a "Gentleman Citrus & Wood" and am rather curious if that one is an intense version or just a limited edition ?

The McLaren F1 fragrance souvenir
Yardley is one of those brand names and scents from my early boyhood.
I still remember (very well) the McLaren M19 and M23 racing in Brands Hatch and Silverstone with the Yardley colours.
Peter Revson (from the Revlon family) won the British Grand Prix in 1973 driving an Yardley McLaren M23 in the circuit of Silverstone. Guys like Jackie Stewart, Emerson Fittipaldi, François Cevert, James Hunt, Denny Hulme, Ronnie Peterson, Jody Scheckter, Niky Lauda, Clay Regazzony, Jacky Ickx and John Watson were all in that Formula One starting grid.
An Yardley bottle (don't remember which one) was the very first cologne I bought at the age of eleven years old.

Citrus & Wood has been released in the current decade and it's a very classy fragrance. It comes in a handy 50ml bottle that you can easily slip in the pocket.
The citrus notes combined with the resins, birch, spices, amber and woods do make a bold impression. Performance is average, which is a pity as the ambery woody drydown is very pleasant.
I bought my third 50ml bottle last week. I have more 300 perfume flasks in my closet and what do I wear quite often? .... Citrus and Wood!!!!
By the way, I also wear Terre d'Hermes with some frequency.
My real personal issue is that they never sponsored McLaren or any other Formula One Team, neither back in the 70's, nor in more recent years. So I reward Yardley by being a loyal customer of their fragrances.

The scents - Citrus & Wood and Terre d'Hermes EDT - are really alike and the Yardley flask costs kind of 10 times less per ml or oz (13 times to be precise). The performance is inferior but you just have to respray.
So, following my head and heart, the Yardley flask took the place of Terre d' Hermes EDT. And my nose never complained with my head and heart decision.
I hope you don't mind a little white lie in the text above.
I still have Terre d'Hermes EDP and use it a lot - it's a fantastic fragrance.

My rate for Citrus & Wood: 8.0/10.0
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
My 50ml bottles costed me €10.00 each one. For the price I suggest you to just blind buy it.

A Classy and Refined Cheapie
This was a blind buy and I was worried that it might smell like lemon furniture polish. However considering the low price and the very favourable reviews I decided to give it a go and was very pleased with my purchase. What you get is a very refined and very classy smelling fragrance. It may be a 'cheapie' but in no way does it smell like it. Essentially it does exactly what it says on the bottle in the fact that it smells of both citrus and wood. Not a particularly helpful statement you may think, but it delivers exactly what it promises and that is never a bad thing.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
It does ressemble Terre d'Hermes with a 95% similarity, and... it's less arsh at the top, costs 1/7 of the price and it's reaaally pleasant.

by jakdelind
by jakdelind
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa
by oliver1h
by oliver1h

Popular Yardley

English Lavender (1873) by Yardley 1770 by Yardley English Rose (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley Peony by Yardley Flora Jade / Jade by Yardley Lily of the Valley (1980) by Yardley English Rose (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley April Violets (1913) by Yardley English Bluebell (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley Flowerful - Decadent Mimosa by Yardley Chique (1976) by Yardley Iris by Yardley Heritage Collection - Geranium by Yardley Heritage Collection - Orange Blossom by Yardley English Dahlia (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley Imperial Vetyver by Yardley April Violets (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley Polaire by Yardley Gentleman Royal Oud by Yardley Daisy Sapphire / English Daisy / Royal English Daisy by Yardley