Yardley Original 1979 After Shave

Yardley Original (After Shave) by Yardley
Yardley Original (After Shave) is a perfume by Yardley for men and was released in 1979. The scent is smoky-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Submitted by Hasi, last update on 25.09.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Yardley Original (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley, which differs in concentration.

Episode 107 : Bertie's aftershave
Bad news Jeeves!
Aunt Agatha told me I should smarten myself up, get some new suits, that sort of thing ... and she was talking about my aftershave.

Is there a problem sir?

Wooster :
There most certainly is Jeeves, she said it smells like vinegar! I don't know what's wrong with it, I've had the same bottle for twenty years now - and there's still some left in the bottom!

[Holds up bottle containing small amount of brown sludge]

Jeeves :
Sir, if I may, I'd like to suggest a rather fine cologne from Yardley; Mr Fink-Nottle's valet recommends it most highly. I have taken the liberty of purchasing a bottle of the aftershave and find it to be quite acceptable.
It's a dark woody aromatic, which I believe the amateurs describe as having a 'fruity amber facet' and a 'nuance of chypre'.

Excellent!
I'm having lunch later with Madeline Bassett, perhaps it will smooth her feathers over this blasted engagement business!

Very good sir.

Later.

What-ho Jeeves!
I say! That cologne thingy worked a treat! One sniff and she was off, saying how she adored it when Fink-Nottle was engaged to her, how manly and fresh he smelled...
and now she's going to have lunch with him tomorrow!

Jeeves :
Am I to take it that the misunderstanding over your engagement to Miss Bassett has been resolved sir?

Absolutely!
Now Jeeves, where can I buy some of that Hardly Original?

Jeeves :
Well, actually sir, Gentlemen's gentlemen do not usually wear cologne, it's a rule of the Junior Ganymede Club, and so I would be most happy if you would make use of the bottle on my behalf, sir.

Wooster :
That's very kind of you Jeeves, thank you.

Jeeves :
Not at all sir, I am merely happy that such a singular scent will be appreciated.

Popular Yardley

English Lavender (1873) by Yardley Citrus - Wood / Citrus & Wood by Yardley 1770 by Yardley English Rose (1997) (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley Peony by Yardley Flora Jade / Jade by Yardley Lily of the Valley (1980) by Yardley April Violets (1913) by Yardley English Bluebell (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley English Rose (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley Chique (1976) by Yardley Iris by Yardley Heritage Collection - Geranium by Yardley Daisy Sapphire / English Daisy / Royal English Daisy by Yardley Heritage Collection - Orange Blossom by Yardley Imperial Vetyver by Yardley April Violets (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley Polaire by Yardley Gentleman Royal Oud by Yardley English Freesia (Eau de Toilette) by Yardley