Yohji 2013

Version from 2013
Yohji (2013) by Yohji Yamamoto
Bottle Design Edith Touati
Yohji (2013) is a perfume by Yohji Yamamoto for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-creamy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notesGreen notes
BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
FreesiaFreesia
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.04.2020.

2.5
2.5

All is revealed!
So ... it's taken me a while and a decent bit of research to sort this one out! As some of you may have seen, I asked about this fragrance on my blog here at Parfumo, and after scouring the net a bit have come up with a few answers, some of which may be pure conjecture ... but there it is.

I was presented with a bottle of Yohji EDT (pictured below) by a friend who knows the designer very well. Much has been written about how fabulous the fragrances of this house were ... many people in the community were devastated by their discontinuation, probably due to the financial woes the company had in 2009.
I have never had the opportunity of sampling any of the originals, so I was faced with quite a conundrum when I smelled this. It's not good at all so I was very confused! I needn't have looked further than the packaging ... there it stands, black on plastic ... licensed to P&G Prestige Beaute. The rights to this label are now owned by Proctor and Gamble and it is made in the UK. These are the same people who bought up Rochas and then closed the label down. 'Nuff said!!

Yohji EDT is abysmal ... for want of better terminology. I cannot find anything more to this fragrance than a cheap woody smell and laundry musk with loads of Anise ... giving it a decidedly 'unwashed armpit' vibe. I find aniseed in fragrances bearable if it is sweet, but this is not. There is a resemblance here to Aquolina's Blue Sugar, sans the sugar. I would (and do!) wear that one far quicker than I'd wear this. The notes listed above would make a stunning fragrance if the ingredients were up to scratch ... but I think this release is a cheap attempt at cashing in on something that was supposedly quite magical in the past. This fragrance strikes my nose as an aroma-chemical mess! Thankfully, the longevity here is so poor that the six sprays I gave my left arm have vanished within the space of 90 minutes.

Yamamoto fans BEWARE! This one will surely disappoint!

by Coutureguru
by Coutureguru

Popular Yohji Yamamoto

Yohji (1996) (Eau de Toilette) by Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Homme (1999) (Eau de Toilette) by Yohji Yamamoto I Am Not Going To Disturb You Femme by Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Homme (2013) (Eau de Toilette) by Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Essential (1998) (Eau de Toilette) by Yohji Yamamoto Y-3 by Yohji Yamamoto I Am Not Going To Disturb You Homme by Yohji Yamamoto Avant-Garde by Yohji Yamamoto Deconstruction by Yohji Yamamoto Mode Zero by Yohji Yamamoto Darkness by Yohji Yamamoto Paradox by Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Yamamoto Homme (2004) by Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Yamamoto Femme (2004) (Eau de Parfum) by Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Yamamoto Homme (2013) (Eau de Toilette) by Yohji Yamamoto Unravel 21/38 by Yohji Yamamoto Unravel  07/14 by Yohji Yamamoto Her Love Story by Yohji Yamamoto His Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Essential (2013) by Yohji Yamamoto