Ambre Noir 2013

Ambre Noir by Yves Rocher
Ambre Noir is a perfume by Yves Rocher for men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher. Pronunciation

PatchouliPatchouli VetiverVetiver Tonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute CedarwoodCedarwood LavenderLavender BergamotBergamot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange CardamomCardamom CinnamonCinnamon Elemi resinElemi resin Violet leaf absoluteViolet leaf absolute

Submitted by Magdulenka, last update on 27.04.2022.

JavSantana
Nice CH Privé alternative (Or even better)
Ambre Noir is made by the same perfumer of CH Men Privé, Christophe Raynaud, and if there is an original, it is this one, i assume that when Carolina Herrera ordered the creation of Men Privé, Monsieur Raynaud based that creation upon this one.

What does it share with the Herrera frag? How does this Ambre Noir smells like?
I could pretty much explain Ambre Noir as huge leather accord with a tonka / cardamom backbone and with some of the characters of the leather such as the smoky part of it taken off. If you look up the notes you'll see what i mean: Resins of elemi and benzoin coming from the amber which are pretty much a base for leather along tar or ibq, (I mean, Ambre Noir does not contain any of those two) violet leaf (Adds up a petrol tone) and resinoid vetiver which add heavily to that overall leather feel, cedar might also add up some to it.

Any perfumers looking to create leather: Look no further to birch tar or cade, (Smoke base similar to the smell of tannins, distillates of tree bark are actually used to tan leather) isobutyl quinoline or violet / violet leaf (Petrol, gasoline, leather grease with solvants smell) and finally vetiver and resins such as elemi. (Base of the smell so the smoke is not overwhelming) Other couple of ingredients might be of good use such as castoreum (Which can be replaced by birch tar or cade) and indole (Naphtha smell)

So, what it does share to CH Privé?: Resinoid leather, spices such as tonka bean and cardamom which add up the sexyness, woods, citrus and aromatics and finally, sweet amber / vanillic notes.
I am looking forward to buy this frag for my Xmas selfpresent. I would put it even above Herrera. Costs way less, the ingredients i would say are of a comparable quality (The eternal natural vs synthetic ingredient fight) and most importantly, it actually smells good on my skin, unlike CH Privé. As i have mentioned earlier Privé smells like plain Coke on my skin, doesn't smell leathery or resinous at all.

bottom line: Wait for the discounts on this and get 5 bottles of it and 5 more of Cuir Vetiver
My Amber No.7

Ambre Noir - Yves Rocher
slipped on a watermelon - slipped over vetiver stubble - in the middle of the cedar wood - the cheeks of bergamot striped - the tangerine starts with slippery cinnamon - all with a big spoon - to the standard porridge on the pallet - plop - all at once - little progress - off !

So goes amber - without amber - permanent green - I see noir !

A pretty safe amber...
I don't get any resemblance to D&G The One from this one at all (except for the cheesy bottle) as I'm not getting any fresh or spicy notes that come through.
A soft, subtle amber, where the patchouli and lavender peek through after half to one hour with hints of cedar as well. Very calming and inoffensive, but also sort of... boring? I had my bottle for a year and a half and used it maybe ten times, before selling it.
Not bad, just wasn't interesting at all IMO. Safe for most environments.
A spicy-woody touch
AM starts with me tart-spicy and slightly bitter, which is only slowly joined by a slight green note. Next, the fragrance withdraws then only once completely on the skin, and the search begins. I could not make out the fruity nuances. In general, I would have difficulty determining the scent notes. For a long time I have a spicy-woody note on my skin, joined now and then by this light green note. Only after three to four hours do I become aware again. . There is now a creamy note with a hint of sweetness and this delicate green note again, without the spicy-woody note being completely lost. More I do not smell.

On the whole, I like "Ambre Noir". But here the sillage is also too weak for me. It's annoying when you want to fathom a new fragrance and right from the start, the nose must press on the skin. On the other hand, AN would be stronger, would me the bitter note of the start the fragrance possibly immediately disgust, would depend on their durability.

AN lasts with me about 5 - 6 hours. That's longer than I would have suspected with the weak charisma and that can already disturb, if you smell on the one hand only something when you press the nose on the skin, but on the other hand you can not yet spray on another fragrance, because that would falsify the next fragrance yet.

Seasonally I classify AN in the fall, where our current somewhat cool and windy weather is also quite suitable.

Conclusion: I'll probably use up my filling with time, but that's it but also with both of us
2.5

gojira86
Ambiguously gendered, in a good way
Most of the notes in Ambre Noir were familiar to me from other Yves Rocher perfumes that were made for women. Having had a surprisingly good experiment with another Yves Rocher scent for men, I decided to give this one a try to broaden my collection and suit the more masculine swings of my somewhat fluid gender identity.

While the citrus notes are usually the ones that best complement my natural skin chemistry and make the perfume work on me, in Ambre Noir it's the spicy and woody notes that do the trick. Honestly, thinking of my collection of YR women's perfumes, it reminds me of Yria. Definitely more masculine than Yria, but the similarities are oddly striking considering they were released over 10 year apart from each other. One might easily think they are the male and female version of the same series.

Though Ambre Noir makes me think of a more masculine version of Yria, I would still consider it a unisex perfume, though perhaps slightly on the masculine side. It can pass as a very spicy women's perfume aimed at a slightly older user that I am at the moment. Maybe 30+?
2.5

Gold
You're my private amber (for everybody)
One of my best friends (who is not into perfumes, btw) calls Yves Rocher a "democratic brand". What he actually wants to express is the fact that YR's fragrances are widely available and that YR offers decent quality at reasonnable prices. The current YR-portfolio contains a number of pleasant fragrances and the latest scent "for men" in the line manages to live up to the reputation of its sisters and brothers with typical YR reliabilty and quality. Created by Christoph Raynaud (he of "1 Million", "My Insolence" and "Karleidoscope"), "Ambre Noir" is a medley of patchouli and vetiver, cardamon, lavender, cedarwood, violet leaves and tonka bean plus the beautiful essential oil of elemi which adds a sensuous whiff to that good old favourite called "Amber". This fragrance is not strong, but discreet, warm and refined. The woody notes bring it down to earth and the "elemi resin" adds a sense of mystery. There is something "private" about this scent, it stays on my skin for hours, but doesn't communicate with others unless they come very close. It may not immediately appeal to the pure-minded "amber-lovers", but it manages to be both warm and light, spicy and transparent. A winner.

MikaelMikael 1 month ago
More of a 'dry amber' than a 'dark amber'. It's rather sharp and a bit boring.
ElysiumElysium 7 years ago
Ambre Noir and my skin go together well. Not overpowering, bittersweet, smoky, manly, seductive, and addictive. So warm for these fall days!

by Elysium
by Elysium
by WHISKARING
by WHISKARING

Popular by Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Monoï Vague d'Été by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Nature Millénaire by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Sel d'Azur by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher