Cléa (1980) Eau de Toilette

Cléa (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher

Cléa (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 1980. The scent is floral-woody. It is still in production.

Gardenia, Ginger, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Ylang-ylang

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.06.2019

9.0 8.0 9.0/10

Santalwalti
There is something eternal...
It's ringing.
Finally - you're here!
I have waited longingly for you and I am so curious how you are, how you look today and how you have developed. Or should I say: 'I am curious what I am like, what I look like and how I have developed? For in the meeting of two people who were once very close to each other and then meet again after a long, long time, you not only perceive the other person but also yourself as you once were. In a single moment one feels the change, the difference that has taken place between one and the other over decades, feels very clearly what it was like, feels the same again and feels oneself as if there was no time in between. And for both of us it is almost 30 years, which now seem to have been wiped out.

I see you and I feel as if I am looking into a very special mirror that brings me back to you and to me. I realize in amazement that we are really the same again, lying in our arms, telling stories and laughing and crying over everything.... Something inside me becomes silent and I feel the need to close my eyes. There I see your wrinkles, your eyes, feel your warmth and hear your voice. It's nice to meet you again. It is wondrous how alive everything is still in us and how alive and young we ourselves have remained inside.

I wonder whether we will always remain the same in this sense, feel and think the same in the decades to come, hope just as intensely and yearn just as much. Whether a young person suspects that he might be sensitive and hungry for life and dreaming all his life in the same way he was at 20?

How strange is time and what it does to us and how special is it that there is something in us that has nothing to do with passing time, because time cannot touch certain levels of our being.
There's something eternal.

And I had to miss you for 30 years to learn something so precious.

I know I don't describe Cléa well enough.
Ingredients, fragrance, suitable occasions for her and her shelf life and the bottle in which she lives.... I don't want to go into any of this. Something inside of me is resisting that.

Cléa is what she is and how she is - just as beautiful, so fine, so warm, so deep and yes, also so invisible and not explainable for me ....oh, in a moment everything is back. It is crucial that we have found each other again, that we lie in our arms again.

Cléa is dear and expensive to me, so I don't like to put her in a drawer.
Forgive me, please. This is certainly not a serious comment.
But this is how I feel about Cléa, who stood in front of me today in the shape of the postman who handed me a parcel when it rang at the front door.
I won't give her up or let her go like I did 30 years ago. She stays and keeps me young and makes me alive.

Thank you, dear Cléa.
Thank you, Yves Rocher.
7.5 7.5 8.0 8.5/10

Floral-aldehyde elegance
Today I feel like Clea, a fragrance that I have had for a few years. And again and again I like to wear this timeless classic by Yves Rocher. It was launched in 1980. From the smell Clea could have come out much earlier.

In my opinion, Yves Rocher has made an attempt here to bring out a timeless classic for "ladies" and is clearly oriented to N°5 and Arpege, possibly a little bit more to White Linen.
And Clea smells so classic:

To start with there are lots of aldehydes as you find them in the great classics of the twenties. After the aldehydes have slowly dissipated, Clea opens his floral heart with gardenia, gentle jasmine, powdery roses and ylang-ylang. The floral notes are densely interwoven and very difficult to peck apart. None of the flowers wants to dominate and there is harmony in the bouquet. Clea becomes a little more powdery and gentle over time. Very delicate vanilla and sandalwood of the old variety shows up on my skin and Clea shows its slightly woody base.
Clea becomes slowly very closely with the time, however, he has with me really a good durability.

Yves Rocher has really succeeded in creating an elegant aldydy women's fragrance for the small money market. After all, not everyone could afford a Chanel before. Even more similar than N°5 it is in my opinion Eau Arpege, the EdT version from the seventies of Lanvin's classic Arpege.

But also with Clea I am sure that here was strongly screwed around and reformulated. I still have a very old pouring bottle, which differs from the current (from time to time Yves Rocher sells it for Christmas) version in the vaporizer. The aldehydes look somehow more hairspray and the flowers not so round. I had the new version once, but sold the bottle again. The old version is clearly better. I still have a very old bottle from the eighties in the old pink box. Only later he came out in the golden box and sometime gab´s then also the fragrance as a vaporizer. But I can't say exactly when it was reformulated. There was also an extrait of it, I think in the 15 ml bottle.
Clea is one of the best fragrances of the very early Yves Rochers and I am happy to have a small stock of it. A very fine fragrance.

Cléa – sie möchte nicht vergessen sein.....
60ml wundervoller Vintagefreude.
by Zora
im Rosenbogen gut verborgen...und glücklich wieder gefunden (Vintage-Miniatur)
by Santalwalti
Beloved Cléa – nach dem Regen scheint die Sonne ... (Deutzia Rosea)
Für Fresh
by Piapedersen
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Yves Rocher

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Moment de Bonheur by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Tendre Jasmin by Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple by Yves Rocher Naturelle by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Absolue (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Quelques Notes d'Amour L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Monoï Eau des Vahinés (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Noix de Coco de Malaisie / Malaysian Coconut by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Vanille / Vanilla by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve / Purple Lilac by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Rose Fraîche / Fresh Rose by Yves Rocher Hoggar (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher