Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum (2003)

Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher

Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher.
Scent goes well with Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum Intense

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesViolet leaf, Bergamot, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose absolute, Lily-of-the-valley, Jasmine absolute
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Moss

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.08.2020.

No, thanks
Nothing for me is this flowery water, I knew that immediately. The mixture is too strong and too weak, too flowery, but also meaningless.
After wearing it for a while it is still uncomfortable and has a note that I do not like. I can't say what it is exactly, but musty is a good description
A fragrance that has remained in the 70s, no freshness, no flowers visible, no real sweetness - for me a big nothing.
Sorry.
Spring can come!:)
For a long time I was looking for a good rose scent which is not too soapy but also not artificial or old smells and I found it as so often with Yves more rosy. Luckily I got this bottle with an order from me as it would cost otherwise if I buy it almost around 80Fr. with us in Switzerland ... I was very happy about the present because I also have the body lotion from this fragrance and love*-* Before I sprayed on the fragrance I asked myself here on Parfumo what the opinions about this fragrance are... In spite of the partly bad evaluation to this smell I wanted to make myself my own opinion here and tested it a whole week every day through:)

I have to admit I am in love with a rose fragrance for the first time, otherwise I always have a hard time with rose fragrances but this one just gives me a good mood and brings a bit of color in my everyday life. When spraying on one perceives a soapy rose which becomes softer and creamier. Jasmine and musk can also be clearly smelled at the beginning. Jasmine remains present for the whole fragrance but the musk becomes weaker and softer on my skin. All in all I love this fragrance:) For me the perfect everyday companion with lots of fresh and joy in a bottle. Also, in my opinion, this fragrance is very feminine, delicate and romantic also this fragrance cries out for spring;)
Durability is not so strong with this fragrance, because I sometimes spray every now and then.
Due to inconspicuousness
Clear and simple - this is how perfumer Annick Ménardo sees her creation Comme une Evidence. The water-bright colour of the EdP and the simple, cubic bottle also correspond to this.
I expect a lot from a perfume - it can be refined, turning a wallflower into a diva, a woman into a vamp. It can be passionate, playful, mystical, lovely, romantic, elegant, discreet or make a strong impression. In the best case it underlines the own personality. Clear and simple are for me quite strange attributes, which one ascribes to a perfume.
After all, Comme une Evidence managed to make me curious how a "clear, simple" fragrance sniffs its way.
I didn't have to wait long for a testing opportunity to come up. Like so many female beings, I got the EdP as a gift.
I still can't tell whether the simple design of the bottle appeals to me or seems too sober to me But what about the scent itself now?
Chypre perfumes aren't my thing by themselves. But let's give it a try. The top note should open very fresh with bergamot, violet and petitgrain.
Pfffft ... I spray - and am immediately surrounded by a soft, lovely flower fragrance, which is graceful, but not very sweet. I recognize the violet leaves. They contribute a distinct green note to the bouquet. Petit grain and bergamot hold back elegantly.
The gentle character of the perfume is present from the start. The classic fragrances rose, lily of the valley and jasmine, on the other hand, soon stand out strongly. But the fragrance remains discreet, calm and well-groomed.
A light powderiness gradually opens up and gives the whole a fine elegance. I'm best off sniffing out rose and jasmine. The lilies of the valley, which would have provided for more freshness, unfortunately go down somewhat in the intensity of rose and jasmine. Probably, however, this is what was intended.
For me, Comme une Evidence is therefore not a fragrance for hot summer days that brings freshness. Nevertheless, I would assign it to its characteristic after the summer. It makes you think of well-kept gardens with colourful blooming flowers and rose hedges.
On the other hand, the fragrance is too delicate for a summer perfume.
He's a bit of a wallflower without much refinement. Yes, a pleasing floral scent, not too sweet, rather dry, nothing more. In my opinion, a high recognition value is not associated with this. The scent is rather inconspicuous. One will perceive it at most as something unspecifically floral, but which does not really make you sit up and take notice. The mixture is much too good and inconspicuous for that. This perfume doesn't have much charisma. I imagine that it fits well with women who want to be well-groomed but not conspicuous. It is possible that this quality corresponds to the majority of the target group of Yves-Rocher fans.
All that remains is to await the end. Will the Chypre show his claws here? I don't notice much of the musk or the patchouli. The moss ears the flower cocktail a little, but without bringing much new.
The EdP doesn't come up with big changes or even surprises. Not to mention scent sensations.
Annick Ménardo has promised a fragrance that is supposed to bring a "feeling of infinite vastness" that is described as radiant and clear. I don't find much of that.
For me, Comme une Evidence is simply a discreet floral scent, which at best can offer a certain delicate elegance. Sweet, good and discreet. Due to inconspicuousness.
Whoever wears this fragrance does not need much courage or anything else. "woman" ain't gonna mess with nowhere. But you don't stand out either. If that is enough, the flower water is recommended.
I find the EdP "quite nice" - but not anymore. I wear the EdP when I go shopping in the supermarket around the corner. I won't buy it back. It's too pale for that.
It doesn't always have to be the full drone. But a scent should have something special and not be lost in the mass of countless other floral scents. There are also floral fragrances that have that certain something and have therefore become classics - Pleasures by Estée Lauder, for example. Or diorissimo. Or Champs-Elysée of Guerlain. I always resort to the latter when I feel like it. Evidence can't really convince me. I find the idea of creating a simple, clear perfume fascinating. It didn't work out here. And as a flower fragrance with rose chord, the opulence of Chloé, for example, convinces me more.
What convinces about Evidence is its amazing durability. I was able to clearly perceive the scent for more than 4 hours after the - not too opulent - spraying on. He also loosely survived hand washing.
unkind
I had often heard of evidence - and actually only praise.

That's why I tried it with advance laurels in mind.

I don't know if it was the high expectation - but somehow the scent doesn't reach me.

The chypriot soapiness is sharp, almost burning, and is only partially insulated by the flowery parts.
But then the moss appears intensively, but unfortunately in the dark, bitter direction.
The wood seems brittle to me - and I cannot discover the patchouli.
A confusing fragrance melange that I find unsorted and angular.
In addition, Evidence is rather tough and does not have the yvsche lightness.

However, the fragrance has many fans - and it may be more positive in others as well, but I find it almost unfriendly.

But fortunately Yves has other creations in his assortment that I can cope with better.

Daisyvision
Pretty, even if a little soapy
Clean, crisp rose centerpiece with an earthy combo of lily of the valley & patchouli. It's almost soapy, rather subtle, and appropriate for virtually any occasion. You won't necessarily be making any statements with this fragrance, but it's safe, reliable, feminine, and pleasant.

gojira86
Not for everyone, but works for me
While this perfume may not be overly expensive or as sophisticated as some people seem to prefer, I find it to be very versatile and suitable for many occasions as it compliments my natural skin chemisty.

While I wouldn't call any particular scent my signature (but I do have several favourites) this comes pretty close. It's one of the perfumes in my collection that I find are always a realiable choice, no matter what kind of hurry I'm leaving the house in.

Edit: I applied this yesterday and I can still smell it, atleast on my clothes.

like it
first I like it, second I hate it, so awful,but the third I have to buy it,so lovely . Like a city rich lady , its elegant and so free. But its less sweet, I'd like the EDP intense 2013, its sweeter and woody

Rhubarb, musk and jasmine
This is the most unpleasant of all Yves Rocher perfumes I know. It is too sumptuous and too powerful for me, in a very disturbing way. The composition, attemting to be a "chypre", lacks coherence and beauty. Annick Ménardo used too much of everything: too much jasmine, too many different musks... and rhubarb. I can't stand rhubard. The components aren't well blended, the whole fragrance is one fine mess to me. Yes, subjective, like always... I know. But this is one of the rare fragrances which make me shudder.

Musky Patchouli with a hint of Rose and LOTV
There seem to be dozens of perfumes now inhabiting the same general olfactory neighborhood as Yves Rocher COMME UNE EVIDENCE, created by Annick Ménardo in 2003. Was hers the first? I'm thinking of perfumes such as NARCISO RODRIGUEZ for her, Sarah Jessica Parker LOVELY, Tocca CLEOPATRA, La Perla J'AIME, Guerlain IDYLLE ... The list goes on and on.

The story is a fairly simple one: musk, patchouli, and a touch of flowers and woods. The composition is slightly sweet, but not enough to situate it alongside the dozens (or is it hundreds?--perhaps by now thousands?!) of sweet patchouli perfumes. The biggest difference between the two categories has a simple four-letter name:
M U S K

Musk is key to COMME UNE EVIDENCE, and it comes close to crossing over into the sweaty musk territory which I find unpleasant to wear. Close, but not quite. I can still wear this perfume, unlike NR for her, for example, which somehow grosses me out. I also own LOVELY, which is just a touch too musky for me, and it always reminds me of the single episode of Sex in the City which I had the misfortune of watching. The topic of the evening was, believe it or not: crabs. That's right, the STD.

I read somewhere that COMME UNE EVIDENCE is the number-one selling perfume in France! Well, we all know that French women have excellent taste, and this composition is not bad at all, although it is at a somewhat lower quality level than some of its neighbors. For gals on a budget, this perfume should be a real coup, provided that they are keen on acquiring a less expensive version of the more famous perfumes featuring patchouli and musk with a touch of florality.

HubertGHubertG 137 days ago
Nice floral in a classic way, affordable and well balanced scent, hand cream also nice. Good choice if you don't wanna spend a lot.

by Irini
by Thornyrose
by GreenTin
by GreenTin

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher