Ming Shu

Ming Shu by Yves Rocher
Ming Shu is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is fresh-aquatic. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPeach
Heart Notes Heart NotesWater lily
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.11.2019.

2.5
2.5

Discontinued? So what!
Many years ago I received a small catalogue of Yves Rocher fragrances. Perfums direct from France.
There were promised fragances which I might have liked I guessed, pure rose scent und several interesting mono-floral-scents. Rocher was only to purchase by mail distribution, they were cheap. And I ordered some samples. When I received and tried them I was very disappointed. I was not able to identify one of the declared blossoms. The smell was strange for me then. Now I know that what I disliked were the artificial and synthetically ingredients. Yes, the Rocher-scents were a lot lighter than the cheap perfumes which were often offered in those times as "real French perfumes" which I just found totally disgusting, breathtaking so to say.
But those scents of Yves Rocher I did not like either.
Once I tried again Yves Rocher perfumes in France in shops I did not recognize that they smelled better or about which I was able to be excited more then before, I decided that I was through with Yves Rocher perfumes. Though the seller came close to me, spraying some scents on me: "Madame, s'il vous plait ce qu'ily a de beau chez vous!"
And now here in Parfumo from time to time I meet Yves Rocher scents again. But they are still seeming to smell all the same anyhow: If you know one you know almost all. The differences seem to be tiny for me.
So for my mind "Ming Shu" is again smelling like a typically Yves Rocher.
Yes, the first moment there is a period of a sweet fruity-flowry something in direction of osmanthe, but then the smell of ambroxan & cie are taking care for a constantly lasting and unceasing synthetically scent. A little bit sweet, fruity and soapy. Not to forget the lack of any creamy note which I remarked until now in every Yves Rocher perfumes, they all seem to be transparent. But to be honest, I did not test a lot of them, only "en passant" like "Ming Shu". And again I'm considering clearly: I'm full of it for the next time. Like every time after testing a Yves Rocher.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
I tested it when I was studying in Milan and I remember its typical "Zen " character: minimal, pure, clean, watery. Good but too evanescent

by Ninina
by Ninina
by Tatidragomir
by Tatidragomir

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Monoï Vague d'Été by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Nature Millénaire by Yves Rocher