Orchidée 1988 Eau de Toilette

Orchidée (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher
Orchidée (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 1988. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

SpicesSpices
HibiscusHibiscus
HyacinthHyacinth
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 03.08.2021.

Pure femininity
A lot has been said about the scent. It's a classic now, too. Sort of. Generally I find the "old" things of Yves Rocher very well done.
Unlike many things, I have no childhood memory of Orchidee. My mother didn't wear it. Yves Rocher came to Russia much later, in the 90s.
But I already came to Germany in '97. I was 17, and quite inexperienced in fragrance and yet quite old-fashioned.
A perfume should have a pretty bottle, preferably to dab on, and have a floral scent. Yeah, that's "orchid."
And now for how I met him. My neighbor wore it. A young woman of just 22, but already married to her childhood sweetheart. And so down-to-earth! And really neat! With big plans for children, house and garden. Happy, faithful and completely satisfied with her life.
And yes, "orchid" is. Great bottle, slightly old-fashioned. If you pull the plug, you immediately have flowers in your nose. Hyacinths above all. And carnations. The scent envelops you, smiles softly at you.
And yet Orchid can hold its own. In a very feminine and gentle way. That scent is just there. Like the hands of the mother who gently embraces you. Like your wife's gentle kiss when you wake up tomorrow. He's just a quiet smell from home, he pulls you into his train.
He was too stuffy for me back then. I wasn't like my neighbor at all. Still, I always had to sniff him when I was with her for coffee.
The two are still together and have two children, a house and a dog. And she still wears something very close, quiet, bland? I might. She doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. She is absolutely happy in herself and with herself.
Just like "orchid." Clear, close to the skin, but present and very balanced fragrance. I soughed up here the other day and I'm very happy about it.
I wear them more often than I thought. Always being shrill makes you tired. You just need that magic scent. My time-out to dream. My "Orchid"

Surprise, surprise
This is something else for sure!
It opens sweet, strong and very floral. Lovely, it fits the sparkle and color of the bottle perfectly. about 30 minutes later the heart sneaks in, nice and calm, not-so-flowery, sort of woody on me. Very nice and likeable, but not one that stands out very much.
Seven - yes, seven! hours after I applied, a drydown explosion happened. Orchidee went stronger in the drydown than it was in the heart! Boom! I was surrounded by what seemed to be a whole new, spicy perfume. Even more surprising, it reminded me SO much of Iceberg The Fragrance without the pistacchio and before the vanilla takes over. Orchidee has vanilla too, but it's subtle here.
I don't really like to say 'this fragrance is like that fragrance', but this loud and wonderful drydown really did resemble the part of Iceberg that I love the most.
It's very long-lasting compared to all other Yves Rocher I tried. Most of them disappoint me big time when it comes to longevity. It lasts about 10 hours and after the first 7-8 hours the drydown change once more into a soft vanilla with only little sweetness.
Reading up on my own review here makes me worry about the sanity of my own nose. But this was what I experienced.
Sillage - I'm not sure, but I think it comes and goes.
I'm so happy I have this lovely gem with its divine drydown and all its surprises.

by Zora
by Zora
by MadameLegras
Yves Rocher - Orchidée (1988)
by TIA1971
by TIA1971
Yves Rocher - Orchidée (1988)
by Tribu
by Neroli
by KissKiss
by KissKiss

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Monoï Vague d'Été by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Sel d'Azur by Yves Rocher Nature Millénaire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Autour de Minuit by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher