Quelques Notes d'Amour L'Eau de Parfum (2014)

Quelques Notes d'Amour L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher
Bottle Design: Sylvie de France

Quelques Notes d'Amour L'Eau de Parfum is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher.

Bergamot, Pink pepper, Damask rose absolute, Gaiac wood, Patchouli, Amyris wood, Cedar, Benzoin

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.05.2019

10.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

Strange but interesting
I received this perfume with an order as a gift and was very happy about it because it costs almost 70Fr. a 30ml bottle in Switzerland.... I thought to myself if this perfume is so expensive then it must be a good and beautiful perfume because the description of this perfume was very good it means it should be the bestseller of all the fragrances they have so far. Until now almost no Yves Rocher fragrance had disappointed me because most of them I liked very much. I think the bottle is very successful, it is simple, sweet and very feminine (yes I know you shouldn't pay attention to the bottles but to the content but with this one I couldn't do anything else because it appealed to me very much;)) I sprayed a splash on my wrist and immediately I was surrounded by a certain powdery note where I could not assign her what it was for a note. I admit I've never had any trouble smelling notes out of perfume before, but this one doesn't seem to make my nose react big or I'm just having trouble finding out what I'm smelling right now. Well, I can't complain because it's not a bad perfume because I think it's good to wear in everyday life. I admit I can hardly guess a note apart from Patchouli as it is the only note I could smell so far. I think Patchoulie is very present now but otherwise this perfume smells as already mentioned very interesting because the notes are really difficult to smell out...
Nevertheless I would be very interested in something burning, am I the only one who noticed that certain Yves Rocher fragrances react very strongly to heat?
6.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Sweetness for every day
I came to Quelques Notes d Àmour rather via detours, because at first I didn't want it at all.
At the first test, must have been on a warm day, I remembered him as too sweet and didn't care any more.

Sometime I got then times the associated perfumed body lotion to an order as a gift in addition. And when I finally used it, I liked the delicately perfumed scent film the lotion left on my skin. With each time I like the smell of the body lotion better.

And when the metallic shiny golden special bottle came out, I decided to get it and try again with the scent.

I try to describe this rather simply knitted, but compact fragrance.
Quelques Notes dÀmour starts with a slightly bitter bergamot and pink pepper. The roses tend to hold back on me. The fragrance develops slowly in a sweeter direction but with a certain woodiness, which I like quite well, remains. Guaiac wood and patchouli radiate a lot of warmth.

I have worn the scent at different times of the year and at different temperatures and there are differences In summer with warm temperatures he develops much more sweetness and a certain powderiness, which is too much for me personally.
In autumn and winter the sweetness recedes and the woody tones dominate, for me a clear winter scent.

All in all, it is not badly done, but personally it is too arbitrary for me to buy it again. Solidly made, well wearable in everyday life (when it's cool). The Sillage is average, so not too loud, which is rather an advantage here. So the sweetie doesn't take the upper hand, which I salute. In summer it should be enjoyed with caution, as it becomes much sweeter. But there are supposed to be people, too, for whom it can't be sweet enough.

Maybe I'll switch back to the pleasant body lotion.
7.0/10

Sweetgrass
Rosy floral in the YR style
Yves Rocher is a brand traditionally known for their semi-serious, cheaply priced or at least affordable perfumes and body products, and it seems things are still as they were back in the 90s when little packages with green print came in the post every once in a while, and our grandmothers and mother had to be serious about keeping us off the contents before they had had the chance to salvage whatever it is they wanted. Sample sachets and minis usually ended up with us. Few of those old lines remain, but e.g. Mûre Sauvage is just like the blackberry-scented stuff we had in the 90s, and I am very glad for my shower gel and small EdT from the current collection.

Anyway. I have never been one for the more grown-up YR perfumes because I find that they are too often steeped in rose, which I usually don’t tolerate at large doses. Sniffing Quelques Notes d’Amour in the shop, I just wrote it off as another soapy rose from YR and got my Mûre Sauvages and Pêche Jaunes and left.
The SA, however, did include a sample sachet of Quelques Notes because it is a new release, and I am fortunate that she did! It is actually a far less soapy and rosy perfume than I initally thought, and the top and heart notes resemble the current big brand perfumes with clean accords of bergamot, berries and some cleaned-up white flowers, I wanna say tuberose but I can’t be sure. It smells good in the inoffensive manner of contemporary mainstream perfumery.

This is still a rose perfume at its heart, though, and as the top and heart notes fade away you are left with a musky base of rose. Which for me screams soap, in a bad way. It is not the most long-lasting and the rose-musky base turns pungent when I sweat, which is not good, but then wearing perfume to strenuous physical exercise is not my top priority anyway.

I tend not to buy perfumes if I do not like the heart and base notes, but I may make an exception because YR sells minis and other small sizes of their perfumes for pocket change. And this is, after all, more than just rose — maybe it could be my gateway perfume into rosy scents. The dude seems to love rose at least, so I might just keep this one around for when I feel like treating him to something delicious.
6.0 8.0 8.0 5.0/10

Dusty pink
There is not a single shrill note in this scent, which is understandable when you look at the pyramide. "Quelque Notes d'Amour's" rosy heart is combined with a nicely balanced base of patchouli, cedarwood and benzoine. Well-behaved and polite, somehow old-fashioned and very quiet. Yves Rocher and perfumer Bertier (creator of Flowerbomb!) opted for good manners and feminine grace. I see shades of dusty pink, rose and apricot, scarfs made of organza and georgette, soft and supple fabrics for a subtle scent which floats and insinuates...perfectly in line with the lighter trend in perfumery. Too shy and conventional for me. Like a faint shadow of "La vie est belle" in tiny, tiny dilution.

Leidenschaftlich süße Rose (Rosa Leonardo da Vinci – eine der letzten Überlebenden)
by Santalwalti
Five o'clock  (Rosa Leonardo da Vinci)
by Santalwalti
by Rosedusoir
by Kiengira
by Kiengira

Popular Yves Rocher

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Moment de Bonheur by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Tendre Jasmin by Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple by Yves Rocher Naturelle by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Absolue (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Quelques Notes d'Amour L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Monoï Eau des Vahinés (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Noix de Coco de Malaisie / Malaysian Coconut by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Vanille / Vanilla by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Rose Fraîche / Fresh Rose by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve / Purple Lilac by Yves Rocher Hoggar (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher