Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire (2010)

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher
Bottle Design: Aesthithe

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2010. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher.

Mandarin, Mimosa absolute, Orange blossom absolute, Bourbon vanilla absolute, Tahitian vanilla absolute, Ugandan vanilla absolute, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.08.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

A little luck
Today is such a "Watt willze machen" day - after Hüsch.

The foot feels like it's made of rubber, but still hurts - and my faithful orthopaedist is going into her well-earned retirement next week.
Sigh.

The alarm system is spinning, and the husband rushes through the house upset, not without chasing the dog and me barely out of the way.
I admonish him to rest - but he does not want rest, and above all no police task force soon in the hut.
At the same time his mother desires to talk to him on the phone - and I get barked at : No time !
It's nice to have a lightning rod at your fingertips.
I feel very useful, and find I can treat myself to something.
Vanilla Noire is just the thing for me.

I feel as if after a frustrating school day my ma had put a plate of warm vanilla pudding in front of my nose, with tangerine slices and a cherry on top.
The fragrance is so soft, warm and comforting.
I can't discover black - for me it's sunny yellow.
Slightly woody texture mixes in, but does not diminish the creamy impression.

The dog jumps suddenly on my lap and presses himself against me.

A breather - and a little luck.
7.0 8.0 4.0/10

Helpful Review
Shady vanilla... (hence the 'Noir'?)
The name seems well-chosen for this fragrance.

The smell of the sample tissue resembled vanilla tobacco with the combination of heady smoke and concentrated sweetness of vanilla essence.

The Eau de Parfum developed a very distinctive and persistent musty note verging on sweat on my skin. There indeed is a similar perfume which also has this buttery, strangely 'dirty' and 'perfume-y' kind of vanilla, even though I have to test Hypnotic Poison again to confirm the widely shared comparison.

While I suspect the cedar note adding a somewhat dry 'shrewdness', the rest of this muggy sultriness and the somewhat artificial floweriness must all be attributed to the namesake star: Apparently, three different types of vanilla were used for this fragrance, quoting the brand - "Bourbon vanilla absolute with leathery accents, the delicate and flowery absolute of Tahitian vanilla, and the Uganda vanilla with woody and spicy character".

The surprising 'leathery' aspects of the Bourbon vanilla aside, I suppose the spice of the Uganda variety was too unfamiliar for me to feel comfortable with.
As it is, I for my part prefer a more simple rendition of this note such as in the body lotion by the same brand - joyful, tasty and straightforward without any suggestiveness like Vanille 'Noir', an apt naming of the somewhat shady facet.

Judging by the overall favourable reviews wherever I look, I seem to belong to the minority who is not able to appreciate this perfume.
Still, it may not be to everyone's liking, and I strongly recommend a skin-test prior to purchase despite the huge positive feedback.
5.0 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

CuteChemist
Love this perfume! Inexpensive, but nothing else like it!
I have to say, I just adore this. I am a huge vanilla lover so of course I was curious to try this. It's not your typical "ice cream" type vanilla. It's slightly sweet, but mostly dry and quite woody. I can smell the cedar trees blowing in the breeze in the background, while the dusty vanilla shines in the forefront. I do get mimosa, but that doesn't bother me (I'm not a huge fan of mimosa) and I think it helps round out the composition. I don't care what anyone says, this is a masterpiece, especially for the price, and in my book, Jacques Cavallier can do no wrong
5.0/10

Bouzeos
the pudding in Spain falls mainly on the plain
It's a nice perfume and fresh, full of smooth vanilla. But it's like it's trying to much not to offend, like they made it thinking "we must do a very non-offensive vanilla perfume". They did it. Here, presented to us, the fine scent of vanilla pudding with a mimosa overdose. :)

I'm not sure if I like it or not. Still keeping it, but ... rather undecided. I always find other perfumes to wear before choosing this.
7.5 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

A Simple Solution..
I'm so pleased I have the opportunity to test this perfume, as I have been curious about it for some time. As I already have Voile d'Ambre,from this house, and enjoy it, I wondered just what sort of vanilla fragrance this would turn out to be. First of all, it doesn't strike me as a Noire type. It doesn't seem to be deep enough for that Noire word, which seems to be the Trend these days). We all know that Black is sexy, but so many Noire fragrances around! Anyway, back to subject! I got a slight whiff of the Mimosa on the opening..but it faded very quickly. I could detect the orange blossom, but it certainly is low key. Coming to the dry down, cedar is evident, but rather overwhelmed by the vanilla, which is perfectly understandable, as it is complete vanilla scent. The vanilla in this is similar to the vanilla in L.T. Piver..Heliotrope Blanc. A kind of vanilla essence vibe. But, the dry down is not over sweet at all. It hasn't got the zing that some of the other vanilla fragrances have, in this price range. It just seems to be a good, solid, everyday type of vanilla. So, if you are looking for a safe, not too complex vanilla perfume, this could be the simple solution.

by Mustang69
Eine Kastanie in Berlin :-)
by Seejungfrau
by CrazyCat
by Thornyrose
by Thornyrose

Popular Yves Rocher

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Moment de Bonheur by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Tendre Jasmin by Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple by Yves Rocher Naturelle by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Absolue (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Quelques Notes d'Amour L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Monoï Eau des Vahinés (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Noix de Coco de Malaisie / Malaysian Coconut by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Vanille / Vanilla by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve / Purple Lilac by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Rose Fraîche / Fresh Rose by Yves Rocher Hoggar (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher