Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire 2010

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher
Bottle Design Aesthithe
Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2010. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher. Pronunciation

Mandarin orange, Mimosa absolute, Orange blossom absolute, Bourbon vanilla absolute, Tahitian vanilla absolute, Ugandan vanilla absolute, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.10.2020.

The most beautiful vanilla
"WHERE IS IT?!" I want to yell at Yves. Why has the most beautiful vanilla perfume been withdrawn from the market?! Explain it to me! WHY?! :'-(

Fortunately I had secured a large bottle just before the disaster, which I now guard like a treasure. When I started looking for the right body lotion shortly afterwards, I was shocked to discover that the complete series had been taken out of the range.

You might have to back up a little - I love vanilla. Always have. In my (for me, by my standards) quite considerable collection I had and have numerous vanilla perfumes, which all went in a different direction. Sometimes more vanilla sugar, sometimes coconut, sometimes creamy, sometimes like pudding... That's all well and good and has its justification - but no perfume smelled like a scratched-out vanilla pod. And I know how it smells, because vanilla sugar is not allowed in my house! When I bake cakes, cookies and the like, I always love it when my hands still smell of this fine vanilla note hours after the black pod has been scraped out. And that's exactly the kind of perfume I had been looking for - and found.

I can't describe the fragrance any better - it smells exactly like vanilla. Sweet, lulling, delicious, gourmand, slightly woody and with a pinch of orange marzipan. Vanille Noire is my candidate for cold winter days, when it's freezing outside, when I take out my wool sweater and just want to be accompanied by warmth.
A little luck
Today is such a "Watt willze machen" day - after Hüsch.

The foot feels like it's made of rubber, but still hurts - and my faithful orthopaedist is going into her well-earned retirement next week.
Sigh.

The alarm system is spinning, and the husband rushes through the house upset, not without chasing the dog and me barely out of the way.
I admonish him to rest - but he does not want rest, and above all no police task force soon in the hut.
At the same time his mother desires to talk to him on the phone - and I get barked at : No time !
It's nice to have a lightning rod at your fingertips.
I feel very useful, and find I can treat myself to something.
Vanilla Noire is just the thing for me.

I feel as if after a frustrating school day my ma had put a plate of warm vanilla pudding in front of my nose, with tangerine slices and a cherry on top.
The fragrance is so soft, warm and comforting.
I can't discover black - for me it's sunny yellow.
Slightly woody texture mixes in, but does not diminish the creamy impression.

The dog jumps suddenly on my lap and presses himself against me.

A breather - and a little luck.

Anessa
Shady vanilla... (hence the 'Noir'?)
The name seems well chosen for this fragrance.

The scent of the sample tissue resembled that of vanilla tobacco with the combination of heady smoke and the concentrated sweetness of vanillin essence.

The liquid fragrance developed a very distinct and persistent musty note, bordering on sweat on my skin. In fact, there is a similar perfume that also has this buttery, strangely 'dirty' and 'perfume-y' kind of vanilla, although I'll have to test Hypnotic Poison again to confirm the widespread comparison.

While I suspect that the cedar note adds a somewhat dry 'shrewdness', the rest of the sultriness and somewhat artificial florality must be attributed to the name-giving star of this perfume: Apparently, three different types of vanilla were used; quoting the brand - "Bourbon vanilla absolute with leathery accents, the delicate and floral absolute of Tahitian vanilla, and the Uganda vanilla with a woody and spicy character".

Apart from the surprising 'leathery' aspects of the Bourbon vanilla, the spiciness of the Ugandan variety was probably too unfamiliar for me to be comfortable with. I, for my part, prefer a simpler rendition of this note, such as in the body lotion of the same brand - cheerful, tasty and uncomplicated without any suggestiveness like Vanille 'Noir', a fitting name for its somewhat shady facet.

Judging by the overall favourable reviews wherever I look, I seem to belong to the minority that does not appreciate this perfume.
Nevertheless, it may not be to everyone's taste, and despite the great positive feedback, I strongly recommend a skin test before purchasing.

CuteChemist
Love this perfume! Inexpensive, but nothing else like it!
I have to say, I just adore this. I am a huge vanilla lover so of course I was curious to try this. It's not your typical "ice cream" type vanilla. It's slightly sweet, but mostly dry and quite woody. I can smell the cedar trees blowing in the breeze in the background, while the dusty vanilla shines in the forefront. I do get mimosa, but that doesn't bother me (I'm not a huge fan of mimosa) and I think it helps round out the composition. I don't care what anyone says, this is a masterpiece, especially for the price, and in my book, Jacques Cavallier can do no wrong

A Simple Solution..
I'm so pleased I have the opportunity to test this perfume, as I have been curious about it for some time. As I already have Voile d'Ambre,from this house, and enjoy it, I wondered just what sort of vanilla fragrance this would turn out to be. First of all, it doesn't strike me as a Noire type. It doesn't seem to be deep enough for that Noire word, which seems to be the Trend these days). We all know that Black is sexy, but so many Noire fragrances around! Anyway, back to subject! I got a slight whiff of the Mimosa on the opening..but it faded very quickly. I could detect the orange blossom, but it certainly is low key. Coming to the dry down, cedar is evident, but rather overwhelmed by the vanilla, which is perfectly understandable, as it is complete vanilla scent. The vanilla in this is similar to the vanilla in L.T. Piver..Heliotrope Blanc. A kind of vanilla essence vibe. But, the dry down is not over sweet at all. It hasn't got the zing that some of the other vanilla fragrances have, in this price range. It just seems to be a good, solid, everyday type of vanilla. So, if you are looking for a safe, not too complex vanilla perfume, this could be the simple solution.

by Mustang69
Eine Kastanie in Berlin :-)
by Seejungfrau
Vielen Dank für so viele liebe Kommentare! :-)
by PureNeugier
by CrazyCat
by Thornyrose
by Thornyrose

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Absolue Le Parfum by Yves Rocher