Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire 2010

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher
Bottle Design Aesthithe
Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2010. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher. Pronunciation

Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Mimosa absoluteMimosa absolute
Orange blossom absoluteOrange blossom absolute
Bourbon vanilla absoluteBourbon vanilla absolute
Tahitian vanilla absoluteTahitian vanilla absolute
Ugandan vanilla absolute
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.09.2021.

Vanilla for everyday life
The beautiful Secrets d'Essence - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher has been on my mind for a few days now. Like so many fragrances that I like very much, this one is once again discontinued. Sometimes I think I'm just always too late. I've only known it for a few days and only by chance, because after the first shock I decided to test the more than abundantly filled fragrance package of the dear HappySunny completely. Finally, you never know what you miss.

The decision proved to be absolutely right. Because this fragrance is simply magical. The first moment I sprayed him on paper, he reminded me of my beloved Confetto by Profumum Roma. On the skin, however, it was, quieter, quieter with much less sweet opulence. On the back of my hand, it made me think of Aubade, which I also love but have never bought. A heliotrope scent, which at first surprised me a bit, because Vanille Noire seems to be completely devoid of that note. Anise, like Confetto, there's with him also not, even if I initially believed to sniff him.

Vanille Noire has not so much exciting to offer besides the vanilla, by the way, three different vanilla notes. At least that's what the stated fragrance notes claim. There is orange blossom, but I do not perceive here at all. Mandarin and mimosa I find further in the listing, which I also do not recognize as such. Cedarwood I'll put up with, but I wouldn't have suspected that note here either. Still, I really like the overall concept of a floral-tinged, non-edible vanilla overall. The scent is sweet, and is probably perceived sweeter in the radiation than the wearer would rate it. I had already experienced something similar with Vaniglia del Madagascar by I Profumi di Firenze, which I think it resembles the most when worn for a few hours. Because despite all floweriness we have here a quite monothematic vanilla and also no real scent progression.

Wears really pleasant, this fragrance, but I think the almost triple amount for which he is still to get today on relevant online sales platforms, I do not have to spend now necessarily for it. To 100 percent I'm admittedly not yet decided whether I should not get him, is quasi vintage and that also has its certain charm, but if I'm honest, I think it does not really have to be.

Nevertheless, I can recommend the little one, and to all those who fragrances like Confetto by Profumum Roma, Hypnotic Poison by Dior or even, for example, Andalusian Soul by The Merchant of Venice are a little too powerful. This pretty vanilla beauty goes in that direction, but is very delicate and never overbearing. You practically can't apply too much, as the sillage is very low and the scent stays close to the body. This is a big plus of the little one. A wonderful everyday fragrance it is in contrast to the rather more lush, further above mentioned relatives. Whether you want to invest more than 70 euros for it, however, where he was originally quite cheap to get, then again everyone must decide for themselves.
Vanille noir, an obituary
This comment is quite emotional for me, since the person through whom I got to know this fragrance is no longer alive.
S., my best friend at the time. Almost the same age, met in training, felt like we spent day and night together, laughed, cried, went to the disco, shared a deep friendship including a passion for cosmetics and perfume. One day she wore this incredibly beautiful fragrance, and still without knowing the color or brand, I knew the scent was somehow dark. I perceived an indescribably beautiful scent on her, sweet but somehow also slightly tart, leathery and woody, as well as a tiny bit spicy. I immediately felt even more comfortable in her presence, the scent was somehow comforting and at the same time very sensual. Sure enough, I immediately asked her what great thing she was wearing. I'll never forget her voice, the pitch in which she rapturously said "Vanilla (with a instead of e) noir!"

Since we ordered monthly from Uncle Yves back then, of course the perfume had to be included in the next (early) order. From then on, it was something like our signature girlfriend fragrance, since no one else in our environment has worn it. Whether in summer or winter, it accompanied us olfactorically for a year. Then the fight over some stupid thing, long radio silence. God, I'm sorry. Shortly before she died, suddenly and unexpectedly, I wrote to her, we became close again. Unfortunately, we never got the chance to meet. To her funeral I wore vanilla noir, and the leopard print scarf, which she also had.

Since then, I've worn Vanille noir maybe 5 more times. The scent, despite its beauty, makes me sad, melancholy, and makes me think of moments long gone, yet forever unforgettable. Of first times, last times, bittersweet thoughts, just like the scent itself. When S wore it, I felt wonderfully enveloped in this warm, soft vanilla, with its many facets. On me, it also developed warmly, but somehow darker, deeper, and more sensual, with a tepid leather and wood note, and of course exquisitely and authentically scented vanilla.
He was still with me the next morning, after a long night of disco, when I fell asleep tired with a smile, my feet aching from my high heels, but incredibly happy.

Now, as I said, he makes me sad, sad that we never got to talk properly, sad how certain things went then, sad that she died. I miss her, even after all these years.
An olfactory legacy, and I almost see it as a sign from S. that I was able to grab probably one of the last 50ml bottles in the souk the other day. I still have a small stash, but something urged me to buy it.
I keep finding excuses not to wear it. But that will change from now on, because I want to create new, beautiful memories with this wonderful fragrance. S. would certainly not have liked it if I let this gem languish in my drawer. He didn't deserve that either.
S., I will never forget this great time, and in your honor Vanille noir will be worn more often from now on. Amoi sehma us again
Vanilla pure
Vanilla bean, dark wood and black velvet in liquid form.
Vanilla scents are such a thing, quickly too artificial or squeaky. Vanilla Noir is not that it. But natural vanilla in its most beautiful form. Yves Rocher can do more than Monoi. Too bad that he is no longer produced
The most beautiful vanilla
"WHERE IS IT?!" I want to yell at Yves. Why has the most beautiful vanilla perfume been withdrawn from the market?! Explain it to me! WHY?! :'-(

Fortunately I had secured a large bottle just before the disaster, which I now guard like a treasure. When I started looking for the right body lotion shortly afterwards, I was shocked to discover that the complete series had been taken out of the range.

You might have to back up a little - I love vanilla. Always have. In my (for me, by my standards) quite considerable collection I had and have numerous vanilla perfumes, which all went in a different direction. Sometimes more vanilla sugar, sometimes coconut, sometimes creamy, sometimes like pudding... That's all well and good and has its justification - but no perfume smelled like a scratched-out vanilla pod. And I know how it smells, because vanilla sugar is not allowed in my house! When I bake cakes, cookies and the like, I always love it when my hands still smell of this fine vanilla note hours after the black pod has been scraped out. And that's exactly the kind of perfume I had been looking for - and found.

I can't describe the fragrance any better - it smells exactly like vanilla. Sweet, lulling, delicious, gourmand, slightly woody and with a pinch of orange marzipan. Vanille Noire is my candidate for cold winter days, when it's freezing outside, when I take out my wool sweater and just want to be accompanied by warmth.
A little luck
Today is such a "Watt willze machen" day - after Hüsch.

The foot feels like it's made of rubber, but still hurts - and my faithful orthopaedist is going into her well-earned retirement next week.
Sigh.

The alarm system is spinning, and the husband rushes through the house upset, not without chasing the dog and me barely out of the way.
I admonish him to rest - but he does not want rest, and above all no police task force soon in the hut.
At the same time his mother desires to talk to him on the phone - and I get barked at : No time !
It's nice to have a lightning rod at your fingertips.
I feel very useful, and find I can treat myself to something.
Vanilla Noire is just the thing for me.

I feel as if after a frustrating school day my ma had put a plate of warm vanilla pudding in front of my nose, with tangerine slices and a cherry on top.
The fragrance is so soft, warm and comforting.
I can't discover black - for me it's sunny yellow.
Slightly woody texture mixes in, but does not diminish the creamy impression.

The dog jumps suddenly on my lap and presses himself against me.

A breather - and a little luck.

Anessa
Shady vanilla... (hence the 'Noir'?)
The name seems well chosen for this fragrance.

The scent of the sample tissue resembled that of vanilla tobacco with the combination of heady smoke and the concentrated sweetness of vanillin essence.

The liquid fragrance developed a very distinct and persistent musty note, bordering on sweat on my skin. In fact, there is a similar perfume that also has this buttery, strangely 'dirty' and 'perfume-y' kind of vanilla, although I'll have to test Hypnotic Poison again to confirm the widespread comparison.

While I suspect that the cedar note adds a somewhat dry 'shrewdness', the rest of the sultriness and somewhat artificial florality must be attributed to the name-giving star of this perfume: Apparently, three different types of vanilla were used; quoting the brand - "Bourbon vanilla absolute with leathery accents, the delicate and floral absolute of Tahitian vanilla, and the Uganda vanilla with a woody and spicy character".

Apart from the surprising 'leathery' aspects of the Bourbon vanilla, the spiciness of the Ugandan variety was probably too unfamiliar for me to be comfortable with. I, for my part, prefer a simpler rendition of this note, such as in the body lotion of the same brand - cheerful, tasty and uncomplicated without any suggestiveness like Vanille 'Noir', a fitting name for its somewhat shady facet.

Judging by the overall favourable reviews wherever I look, I seem to belong to the minority that does not appreciate this perfume.
Nevertheless, it may not be to everyone's taste, and despite the great positive feedback, I strongly recommend a skin test before purchasing.

CuteChemist
Love this perfume! Inexpensive, but nothing else like it!
I have to say, I just adore this. I am a huge vanilla lover so of course I was curious to try this. It's not your typical "ice cream" type vanilla. It's slightly sweet, but mostly dry and quite woody. I can smell the cedar trees blowing in the breeze in the background, while the dusty vanilla shines in the forefront. I do get mimosa, but that doesn't bother me (I'm not a huge fan of mimosa) and I think it helps round out the composition. I don't care what anyone says, this is a masterpiece, especially for the price, and in my book, Jacques Cavallier can do no wrong

A Simple Solution..
I'm so pleased I have the opportunity to test this perfume, as I have been curious about it for some time. As I already have Voile d'Ambre,from this house, and enjoy it, I wondered just what sort of vanilla fragrance this would turn out to be. First of all, it doesn't strike me as a Noire type. It doesn't seem to be deep enough for that Noire word, which seems to be the Trend these days). We all know that Black is sexy, but so many Noire fragrances around! Anyway, back to subject! I got a slight whiff of the Mimosa on the opening..but it faded very quickly. I could detect the orange blossom, but it certainly is low key. Coming to the dry down, cedar is evident, but rather overwhelmed by the vanilla, which is perfectly understandable, as it is complete vanilla scent. The vanilla in this is similar to the vanilla in L.T. Piver..Heliotrope Blanc. A kind of vanilla essence vibe. But, the dry down is not over sweet at all. It hasn't got the zing that some of the other vanilla fragrances have, in this price range. It just seems to be a good, solid, everyday type of vanilla. So, if you are looking for a safe, not too complex vanilla perfume, this could be the simple solution.

by Mustang69
Vielen Dank für so viele liebe Kommentare! :-)
by PureNeugier
Eine Kastanie in Berlin :-)
by Seejungfrau
by Parfuniverse
by CrazyCat
by CrazyCat

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Monoï Vague d'Été by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Nature Millénaire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Oui à L'Amour by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher