Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre 2005 Eau de Parfum

Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher
Bottle Design Aesthithe
Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2005. The scent is oriental-sweet. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian green mandarin orange, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesMyrrh, Frankincense, Opoponax
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Australian sandalwood, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.06.2021.

Just a forgetting?
My Amber No. 130
Petals swing
In meadows, forest and field
You butterflies sing
From tender amber world.
The fragrance is barely felt
Surrounds with light glow
Vanilla' and mandarin
You hardly believe in its being.
Then the hours linger
Is often a woe to thee
Then your little nose flickers
A magical happening.
Cozy
The Italian green mandarin shows itself clearly in the prelude, but for my taste a little too briefly. Immediately it goes over to the cardamom: slightly powdery-spicy. I sniff it quite long. Over the course of about 3 hours, the scent becomes balsamic, powdery, spicy, sweetish, in other words, cozy. I have to search intensively for a smoky note with my nose on my skin, but there is something there. In the finish, it is vanilllig-sweetlich and very delicately spicy, so patchouli and sandalwood are rather hints.

The shelf life is good with me. Applied in the evening about 22:00, I can perceive the next morning about 7:30 still a vanilligen breath. The radiance, however, is quite mau. Apart from the first 5 - 10 minutes, "Voile d'Ambre" quickly becomes skin tight. Whether you find that good or bad, of course, is a matter of taste, for me it might like to be a little more.

As a fragrance twin of "Shalimar" I would not call VdA now, S is clearly smokier, but it goes already in this direction. For all those who even the EdT or a L'Eau of "Shalimar is still too much, "Voile d'Ambre" would possibly be an alternative.

Remains for me to note that I have chosen the wrong season for the test, I would now rather have something fresher :-), but that comes from when you reach blindly into the box.

Greetings and thanks to ChaiTee
Grandma plush
In the estate of my deceased aunt in law I found this fragrance new and originally packed. Was also stored cool and dark. I was looking forward to this fragrance experience, because I missed the action when the fragrance was available. Subsequent scent did not appeal to me . The beginning was quite nice and spicy with cardamom. But then goes on with incense, myrrh and that was it. Together a terrible plörre. Synthetic and disharmonic. The finish then, with vanilla, sandalwood and patchouli, can no longer be described as fragrance but as stench. Then there were added notes that reminded of sour sweat or unventilated clothes. No, I do not want to smell like that. Shelf life of about 5 hours. Now I offered the scent of my 92-year-old aunt to test. Aunt was horrified and said she was still too young for such a granny smell :) Nothing would be right in front and back. Now my aunt was in the 70's my big example in terms of cosmetics and I still respect her opinion

Sweet Amber...
This is a beautiful amber fragrance. I get a syrupy aspect to it which I like. I find it simple enough and not too complicated, but I also like the fact that it has a sophistication to it as well. There is an aspect of Shalimar to it as well, and I think this adds depth to the fragrance and stops it being too linear. The Myrrh, Sandalwood and Vanilla shine though, and there is a hint of Mandarin Orange as well.

Overall a really good fragrance and Yves Rocher have not disappointed here. Worth a try considering the good price.

Satsuma & Sweet Myrrh
A traditional composition presented with a transparent, modern twist, the amber here is a pleasant surprise in that the prime note of the accord is smooth opopanax instead of the often rougher benzoin. Another eye-opener is a bright, honeyed citrus closer in character to satsuma than the listed mandarin. This sunny sweetness would overcome the entire composition if not for being perfectly balanced and complimented by creamy, quality vanille. This harmonious duet is a core feature from first spray into drydown, only surrendering the stage well into the mellow plush of base notes. Sandalwood, ever the mediator, is appreciated only for how it tames and anchors. The frankincense is pale, pure grade resin burning cleanly.
Overall, a superbly blended and original execution of a popular accord.

A soft oriental
Voile d'Ambre is one very lovely fragrance, that smells a lot more expensive than it actually is. Although an oriental, this is not as loud or as deep as you might expect. It is in fact quite soft and sweet.

I love Voile d'Ambre for its delicacy and animalic undertones. It is very pretty and pleasing on the skin, and dare I say, rather sensual too. It's enough to be worn intimately with a loved one, and I do believe men find it quite enchanting.

Opoponax is easily one of my favourite notes, so technically this isn't an amber fragrance, because this note is in abundance. Soft, sweet sandalwood based incense gives Voile d'Ambre that smooth and even finish. Many may mistake this for an amber fragrance, and either love it or feel cheated by it. Honestly, it's not syrupy or heavy like most ambers tend to be, but powdery and sweet, with a subtle fecal, yet oddly beautiful drydown.

I was really surprised by the lasting strength, which held on for a good six hours despite the scent's softness. The cold, wintry weather brings out this fragrance in all its glory. I probably wouldn't wear this fragrance in Spring and Summer in fear of it becoming too thick and nauseating.

Women that don't usually fall into the category of orientals while out perfume shopping, may enjoy Voile d'Ambre for its subtlety and price. Another plus is its versatility, being suitable for both formal or casual wear.

I am most grateful to my friend Renate who sent me a sample of this beautiful fragrance. Yves Rocher is not sold where I live, so being able to sniff this fragrance has been a real highlight. I may even be ordering a bottle sometime in the near future.

Of Dens Of Thieves And Veil Dances
I sniffed Voile d'Ambre distrustfully at first: My much older half-sister moved from home in the middle of the 1970s and bequeathed on me a heap of bits and bobs and hippiesk junk she didn't want to take with her. Amongst it a tiny flacon labeled "Ambra". The contents smelled of - well, you might call it animalic, I guess, but my association was caries. This Amba perfume (probably bought from one of those small and fascinatingly crammed oriental shops) smelled of decaying teeth. I don't fancy that. My sister became a dentist, by the way.

On to Voile d'Ambre, the veil of amber. I sprayed a wet patch onto the back of my hand and warily lowered my nose to it. Nothing of decaying teeth here fortunately! Instead I encounter a rich, orientally sweet and somehow balsamicwoodysmoky stunner that even goes to my head a bit. This stunner is little fruity, a little flowery to boot. Too much at once, too sweet, too too. Ali Babas den of thieves crammed with all the treasure of Arabia. I need air! I need space!

Yes, and that's what Voile d'Ambre needs, too. After all, veils are at their most beautiful when they are delicately waving in the breeze.
Applied with a light hand and smelled from a distance, just as a breeze wafting to my nose, Voile d'Ambre really is enchanting!
Warm and exotic, sweet, flattering, a little spicy, balsamic and in fact a little incensey this scent flows around the wearer. A whiff of bitter almond, a slight fruitiness (the sweetness is balsamic, not fruity though) add a gourmand dimension to this fragrance without making it seem edible.

With time the stunning power and the sweetness cease to go to my head, the fragrance becomes softer, more tender, hazy (->patchouli?) and very close to the skin in the end.

To me it is a somehow magical fairytale fragrance that is by all means grown-up. Arabian Nights. Odalisque. The tsar's daughter. Silk and velvet in glowing colours, jewels and gold, furs and morocco leather. Majestic in some way, but not distinctly elegant as it is too luxuriant and too voluptuous for that.

I think that Voile d'Ambre is especially good in the cooler season, great for autumn and winter.
But I will try it in summer as well, as Arabia is not exactly known for a wet and cold climate...

Bałtyk.
by Lasisa
by Lasisa
by Tribu
by Tribu
Ambre fängt die letzten Sonnenstrahlen am Spätnachmittag ein ...
by Elastique
by Grazia
by Annkom
by Annkom

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Monoï Vague d'Été by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Oui à L'Amour by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher