Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (2005)

Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher
Bottle Design: Aesthithe

Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2005. The scent is oriental-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian green mandarin, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesMyrrh, Frankincense, Opoponax
Base Notes Base NotesMadagascan vanilla, Australian sandalwood, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.10.2019

Sweet Amber...
This is a beautiful amber fragrance. I get a syrupy aspect to it which I like. I find it simple enough and not too complicated, but I also like the fact that it has a sophistication to it as well. There is an aspect of Shalimar to it as well, and I think this adds depth to the fragrance and stops it being too linear. The Myrrh, Sandalwood and Vanilla shine though, and there is a hint of Mandarin Orange as well.

Overall a really good fragrance and Yves Rocher have not disappointed here. Worth a try considering the good price.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Satsuma & Sweet Myrrh
A traditional composition presented with a transparent, modern twist, the amber here is a pleasant surprise in that the prime note of the accord is smooth opopanax instead of the often rougher benzoin. Another eye-opener is a bright, honeyed citrus closer in character to satsuma than the listed mandarin. This sunny sweetness would overcome the entire composition if not for being perfectly balanced and complimented by creamy, quality vanille. This harmonious duet is a core feature from first spray into drydown, only surrendering the stage well into the mellow plush of base notes. Sandalwood, ever the mediator, is appreciated only for how it tames and anchors. The frankincense is pale, pure grade resin burning cleanly.
Overall, a superbly blended and original execution of a popular accord.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

A soft oriental
Voile d'Ambre is one very lovely fragrance, that smells a lot more expensive than it actually is. Although an oriental, this is not as loud or as deep as you might expect. It is in fact quite soft and sweet.

I love Voile d'Ambre for its delicacy and animalic undertones. It is very pretty and pleasing on the skin, and dare I say, rather sensual too. It's enough to be worn intimately with a loved one, and I do believe men find it quite enchanting.

Opoponax is easily one of my favourite notes, so technically this isn't an amber fragrance, because this note is in abundance. Soft, sweet sandalwood based incense gives Voile d'Ambre that smooth and even finish. Many may mistake this for an amber fragrance, and either love it or feel cheated by it. Honestly, it's not syrupy or heavy like most ambers tend to be, but powdery and sweet, with a subtle fecal, yet oddly beautiful drydown.

I was really surprised by the lasting strength, which held on for a good six hours despite the scent's softness. The cold, wintry weather brings out this fragrance in all its glory. I probably wouldn't wear this fragrance in Spring and Summer in fear of it becoming too thick and nauseating.

Women that don't usually fall into the category of orientals while out perfume shopping, may enjoy Voile d'Ambre for its subtlety and price. Another plus is its versatility, being suitable for both formal or casual wear.

I am most grateful to my friend Renate who sent me a sample of this beautiful fragrance. Yves Rocher is not sold where I live, so being able to sniff this fragrance has been a real highlight. I may even be ordering a bottle sometime in the near future.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Of Dens Of Thieves And Veil Dances
I sniffed Voile d'Ambre distrustfully at first: My much older half-sister moved from home in the middle of the 1970s and bequeathed on me a heap of bits and bobs and hippiesk junk she didn't want to take with her. Amongst it a tiny flacon labeled "Ambra". The contents smelled of - well, you might call it animalic, I guess, but my association was caries. This Amba perfume (probably bought from one of those small and fascinatingly crammed oriental shops) smelled of decaying teeth. I don't fancy that. My sister became a dentist, by the way.

On to Voile d'Ambre, the veil of amber. I sprayed a wet patch onto the back of my hand and warily lowered my nose to it. Nothing of decaying teeth here fortunately! Instead I encounter a rich, orientally sweet and somehow balsamicwoodysmoky stunner that even goes to my head a bit. This stunner is little fruity, a little flowery to boot. Too much at once, too sweet, too too. Ali Babas den of thieves crammed with all the treasure of Arabia. I need air! I need space!

Yes, and that's what Voile d'Ambre needs, too. After all, veils are at their most beautiful when they are delicately waving in the breeze.
Applied with a light hand and smelled from a distance, just as a breeze wafting to my nose, Voile d'Ambre really is enchanting!
Warm and exotic, sweet, flattering, a little spicy, balsamic and in fact a little incensey this scent flows around the wearer. A whiff of bitter almond, a slight fruitiness (the sweetness is balsamic, not fruity though) add a gourmand dimension to this fragrance without making it seem edible.

With time the stunning power and the sweetness cease to go to my head, the fragrance becomes softer, more tender, hazy (->patchouli?) and very close to the skin in the end.

To me it is a somehow magical fairytale fragrance that is by all means grown-up. Arabian Nights. Odalisque. The tsar's daughter. Silk and velvet in glowing colours, jewels and gold, furs and morocco leather. Majestic in some way, but not distinctly elegant as it is too luxuriant and too voluptuous for that.

I think that Voile d'Ambre is especially good in the cooler season, great for autumn and winter.
But I will try it in summer as well, as Arabia is not exactly known for a wet and cold climate...

Bałtyk.
by Joe
by Annkom
by Annkom

Popular Yves Rocher

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Moment de Bonheur by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Tendre Jasmin by Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple by Yves Rocher Naturelle by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Absolue (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Quelques Notes d'Amour L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Monoï Eau des Vahinés (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Noix de Coco de Malaisie / Malaysian Coconut by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Vanille / Vanilla by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve / Purple Lilac by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Rose Fraîche / Fresh Rose by Yves Rocher Hoggar (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher