Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve Purple Lilac 2012

Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve / Purple Lilac by Yves Rocher
Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Groupe Rocher.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilac, Powdery notes
Base Notes Base NotesBalsamic notes

Submitted by Peanut, last update on 18.08.2020.

Green, crisp and fresh
This is a nostalgic scent for me, it reminds me of being a kid playing in the yard with the smell of lilacs wafting all around me, ahh.. it's very green, crisp and fresh. Not much more to say about it - it does exactly what it should, it's pleasant, and is the perfect springtime scent.

Lilac Soliflore with a paintlike edge
Yves Rocher LILAS MAUVE, from the collection Un Matin au Jardin, reminds me a lot of the Demeter LILAC cologne--not the all-natural one (which I have never tried), but the regular line-up lilac. That one is very, very strong and can easily induce a headache if overapplied.

LILAS MAUVE is similar in that it really is a soliflore, but there is a difference: instead of the super-strong soap vibe of the Demeter composition, this new creation from Yves Rocher smells to me a bit like paint or glue around the edges. Upon application, I rather like that scent, and it makes me think that I could have become a glue sniffer. As LILAS MAUVE develops a bit, however, I find that the faint paint fume effect gives way to something less appealing to my nose. At this point, I start to feel that if I spray any more on, I may seriously develop a headache.

Needless to say, this is all a bit of a disappointment coming from a company which prides itself on its all-natural ingredients. Perhaps lilac must be constructed, like lily of the valley? I'm not sure, but for those looking for a better soliflore, I recommend Ineke AFTER MY OWN HEART, which does smell very natural to me. I even like it more than Frédéric Malle EN PASSANT.

In fairness, I must observe that this Yves Rocher eau de toilette costs a fraction of the price of either the Ineke or the Malle. To me the quality here is on a par with the Demeter soliflore colognes--which makes sense, given the price.

by Tribu
by Somebody
by EvaK
by EvaK

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher