Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas MauvePurple Lilac (2012)

Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve / Purple Lilac by Yves Rocher

Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilac, Powdery notes
Base Notes Base NotesBalsamic notes

Submitted by Peanut, last update on 21.10.2018

5.0 5.0 5.0 6.5/10

Green, crisp and fresh
This is a nostalgic scent for me, it reminds me of being a kid playing in the yard with the smell of lilacs wafting all around me, ahh.. it's very green, crisp and fresh. Not much more to say about it - it does exactly what it should, it's pleasant, and is the perfect springtime scent.
7.5 5.0 5.0 3.0/10

Lilac Soliflore with a paintlike edge
Yves Rocher LILAS MAUVE, from the collection Un Matin au Jardin, reminds me a lot of the Demeter LILAC cologne--not the all-natural one (which I have never tried), but the regular line-up lilac. That one is very, very strong and can easily induce a headache if overapplied.

LILAS MAUVE is similar in that it really is a soliflore, but there is a difference: instead of the super-strong soap vibe of the Demeter composition, this new creation from Yves Rocher smells to me a bit like paint or glue around the edges. Upon application, I rather like that scent, and it makes me think that I could have become a glue sniffer. As LILAS MAUVE develops a bit, however, I find that the faint paint fume effect gives way to something less appealing to my nose. At this point, I start to feel that if I spray any more on, I may seriously develop a headache.

Needless to say, this is all a bit of a disappointment coming from a company which prides itself on its all-natural ingredients. Perhaps lilac must be constructed, like lily of the valley? I'm not sure, but for those looking for a better soliflore, I recommend Ineke AFTER MY OWN HEART, which does smell very natural to me. I even like it more than Frédéric Malle EN PASSANT.

In fairness, I must observe that this Yves Rocher eau de toilette costs a fraction of the price of either the Ineke or the Malle. To me the quality here is on a par with the Demeter soliflore colognes--which makes sense, given the price.

Wie wundervoll ist so ein Flieder, wenn endlich alle Blüten aufgebrochen sind....
by Santalwalti
Der Schmertterlingsflieder blüht den ganzen Sommer über...
Ein Körbchen voller Fliederblüten
by Somebody
by EvaK
by EvaK

Popular Yves Rocher

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Moment de Bonheur by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Tendre Jasmin by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple by Yves Rocher Naturelle by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Absolue (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Monoï Eau des Vahinés (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Quelques Notes d'Amour L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Noix de Coco de Malaisie / Malaysian Coconut by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve / Purple Lilac by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Vanille / Vanilla by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Rose Fraîche / Fresh Rose by Yves Rocher Hoggar (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher