Un Matin au Jardin - Rose Fraîche Fresh Rose 2012

Un Matin au Jardin - Rose Fraîche / Fresh Rose by Yves Rocher
Un Matin au Jardin - Rose Fraîche is a perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-floral. It was last marketed by Groupe Rocher.
Scent goes well with Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesFruity notes, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes, Tonkin musk

Submitted by Peanut, last update on 16.10.2020.

Eden Rose
In my garden there are roses in different places - and the scent varies from location to location.

So a deep, beguiling scent of roses embraces me - starting with the red Cpriccio and the pink Leonardo da Vinci when I get out of the car, - and a fresh flowery aroma when I walk a few meters further - to where my Eden Rose is blooming.

The flowers are lushly double, and white - but with a rose edge.
And I find this Eden Rose in Rose fraiche
Elegant and light as a feather, she surrounds me - with a beautiful radiance.
The tangerine additionally provides clarity and light - and delicately woody shimmers through.

Even at night her flowers shine in through the window and she dreams in the moonlight.

A fragrance full of poetry - which also makes me dream
Duftmaus
Beautifully rosy-fresh, also suitable as a room spray.
Got it for free. A beautiful, fresh and light scent of roses. As durability and sillage are not particularly important during application, I use it now and then as a room scent spray. It stays in the room for a very long time and creates a pleasant atmosphere.
4.5

First impressions count...
...at least for this fragrance.

The first time, my expectation of a crisp and dewy rose was instantly betrayed by a non-natural, high-pitched, headache-inducing strong peony which went through a phase of astringent air-freshener and settled to a soapy and salty musky dry down.

However, when I tested again after a couple of years, Rose Fraîche surprised me with fresh but delicate pink petals I could have covered myself with. What had happened to my nose? Anyway, I was happy to use it from spring to early summer as my morning refreshing cologne and never get tired of it.

And then, all of a sudden, it shifted again. After I even secured some backup bottles, I noticed that it smelt the same as in the beginning, or even worse - fruit and citrus translating as a sticky sweet-sourness usurping the much appreciated fresh rose. Combined with the bitterness of wood, it created such an unpleasant, artificially acidic staleness on my skin like that of a spoilt canned grapefruit to the extent of causing nausea. The fragrance had not even turned, as a new bottle had the same effect on me.

Whatever factors were involved in this drastic change in perception - as much as I can tell from the time I actually liked it, I agree that Rose Fraîche delivers a fresh, pink rose that is much closer to peony. It has been likened to Atlas Mountain Rose by The Body Shop, and Paul Smith; I cannot comment on the latter, but I do find that the citrusy opening of Atlas Mountain Rose is the only similarity to Rose Fraîche. The Body Shop's rose is more rounded and sweeter in the base, without any bitter sourness.

Even with a lower projection and shorter longevity, I prefer the other rose version. Apparently the mix of fruit and wood did not work for me.

Originally written 10/28/2015

Edited to add: As of autumn 2019, the Un Matin au Jardin line was discontinued.

Basic, pretty, fleeting
This is a nice basic Rose Solifleur. It was very alcoholic in the opening but it fades quickly. It's a basic tea rose. Nothing out-of-the-box. It fades so quickly that it's more of an aromatic water than a perfume. It's gone within an hour. It is pretty and nice for a light, quick citrusy rose burst. I actually like to spray it in a room to freshen it up a bit. It makes me smile.

Jun
2014

Simple Peonylike-Rose--no stickiness and no soap
One clear advantage of Yves Rocher ROSE FRAICHE, from the recently launched Un Martin au Jardin collection of soliflores, is that it does not feature the sticky base found in the Secrets d'Essence collection from this same house, including ROSE ABSOLUE. The first time I tried this fragrance, it struck me as somewhat ugly, but I think that I was not processing this as peony. To my nose this is clearly a peony-rose fragrance. Probably there is a bit more rose than peony, but it could just as easily have been named PIVOINE-ROSE FRAICHE.

The scent is light and fresh, as advertised, without smelling very watery. It is also not at all soapy, and much less green than TEA ROSE and many other rose soliflores. For the modest price, this is a decent everyday peony-rose perfume. On comparing it to Bvlgari ROSE ESSENTIELLE edp, I realized that in some ways and on some days I prefer this one, because the Bvlgari, too, contains the sticky base common to so many mainstream abstract (synthetic) floral launches.

I would recommend this composition to peony before rose aficionados. Some versions of peony bother me, but this one does not at all. A simple pink floral fragrance is the bottom line here.

Fleeting rosewater
Very light, totally unobtrusive rosewater done in the style of "Moment de Bonheur" (also by Yves Rocher). There is nothing spectacular about "Fresh Rose", but you can layer it with the matching showergel and body-lotion and achieve a nice, but very low-key "rose-effect". C'est tout. Okay for the price. Added bonus: cute packaging.

Sky
Nearly, but not quite. Watery ghost of a rose.
A young, innocent, fresh & fruity modern take on rose......that almost delivers.

In the garden, the rose bud opens as the summer morning begins. A young "English Rose" skips down the garden, barefoot, tresses tumbling around her shoulders. She stoops to sniff the rose...& then her boiled-sweet-sucking breath swamps the poor flower with sticky candy warmth. Her sticky mitts grab the bloom & pull it rudely from the plant, petals scattering onto the lawn. She tuts & discards the ruined rose, picks up her plastic mug of juice & skips up back to the house. Modern is not necessarily better.

The opener is a pale pink rose bud, refreshed by bergamot & drenched not in sparkling morning dew but dripping with the nectar from a ripe, juicy tangerine & a touch of bitter pulp. As the scent warms to the skin it becomes sweeter, more fruity, a little fizzy. The lasting power is average & the sillage polite. The drydown is a clean, sweet musk.

I can't help but wish for a fresher & more rosey version of Rose Fraiche - more sap & stem & musty earth! As much as I adore Rose Absolu for its sticky, jammy rose I can't help but think this Earl-grey-tea-meets-rose-scented-orange-squash needs a few thorns to awaken the senses & raise it above the average young rose frag.

Nice. Pretty. Sweet. Not innocent enough - I still search for my rosey summer-stunner.

Rose or Peony?
this opens very fresh with lots of the citrusy mandarin/grapefruit and a peony rose scent. I would say that it is more peony rose then a garden rose. The drydown gets a bit woody but not to much. Its a nice spring summer scent when you want to feel fresh and not overly scented with perfume. wears like a eau fraiche.

AnessaAnessa 4 years ago
4.5
Edited: The fruity components, slightly sour and yet artificially sweet, began to get on my nerves, smells like canned grapefruit gone wrong

by Klopfnote
by Klopfnote
by Hermessenz
by Hermessenz
Eau de Toilette Un Matin au Jardin Rose Fraiche (Rosa Fresca / Fresh Rose) Yves Rocher [REF: 29112] with body lotion [REF: 18668]. Foto de Cristina Pais, revendedora autorizada em Portugal.
by CristinaPais

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Nature Millénaire by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau by Yves Rocher Oui à L'Amour by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher