Cuir de Nuit (2019)

Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher

Cuir de Nuit is a new perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2019. The scent is gourmand-woody. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher.

Papua vanilla, Ivory Coast cacao, Coffee, Mauritian pink pepper

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.09.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

soft lullaby
The husband and I are not early risers - simply because we are late risers.

This fact is known among friends and is also accepted.
In emergencies, of course, we always jump to the phone.
That too is well known.

Only the girlfriend ignores our often asked request for undisturbed rest periods, and the phone rang every 10 minutes from 8 am today.

I know she wants to chat because she's bored.

The husband and I turned on the mattress like the propellers and looked for sleep.

Finally the doorbell rang and the husband came back with a parcel from his best friend from far away Weimar.

Yes ! That's a reason to be awakened.
I joyfully inspected the contents.
Night leather ?

But at the start we are soothed by soft vanilla, accompanied by delicately sweet cocoa - a real smoothing nerve.
The pink pepper is also sweet and a hint of coffee floats through the room.
I still perceive subtle soft suede that gently envelops me.

Cuir looks like a quiet lullaby - because we snuggle up again in the feathers and take ourselves another "cap" sleep
8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

The oasis of peace !
Cuir de Nuit, I had in a 5 ml bottle to try. On Monday I got the 5 ml bottle and today I took 40 kilometers to buy the scent (100ml) in a Yves Rocher store, because I couldn't stand it anymore without this scent.

The little bottle is almost empty! Normally 5 ml last some time, this immense consumption clearly shows what I think of this heavenly scent. Cuir de Nuit is for me the most wonderful vanilla, comforting, encouraging, dreamy, she takes the fragrant one into other worlds. Magic and peace unite here.

Thank God (!) this scent has nothing to do with leather. It has a positive effect on the psyche if you have had a hard, long or difficult day. Vanilla is clearly dominant in this wonderful act, but with floral notes as well! And, I have also told it to the blue mouse: a little I also sniff out lavender, though not stated.
But exactly this imaginary lavender note gives a "coming down" from the stressful fast everyday life.
The therapy, the fragrant well-being, is exactly that, Cuir de Nuit !

After half an hour, I also smelled benzoin (also not in this fragrance). This resinous, slightly sweetly powdery, what comes out of it, reminds me of a fragrance by Yves Rocher that has long since been discontinued. To the wonderful magical Ode au Réve.
This soft powdery dominant note also possesses Cuir de Nuit. That makes me happy as a Yves Rocher fan, long time stopped fragrances immensely.

The two fragrances are not 100% similar, but I have recognized the wonderful aura of both. A reminder, so to speak, of the wonderful memories I had with Ode au Réve. It was launched on the market in 2001. It's always been my favorite bedtime scent. Since this wonderful aura always made me sleep well.

Durability and Sillage are good: The fragrance kept on me 7-8 hours and Sillage was medium. One is noticed and likes to smell. With this fragrance, Yves Rocher has created a new sensual classic that I hope will delight us for many years to come.

I will definitely stockpile this "oasis of peace". Safe is safe !
10.0 6.0 7.0 10.0/10

Wonderfully soft and delicate
But still no wallflower. That's what I would call this new addition to YR fragrances. To be honest, I had no great expectations of the new collection. Probably thin, boring and quickly gone. Like many of YR's new fragrances. Or paper-sweet mainstream. Or flowery, like a lot of YR. I liked it very much once, but in the meantime I have overreached myself and prefer other things.

Well then, the first "new" one who came into my collection was the new honeysuckle fraicheur. And I was more than surprised by that. Also the durability was tidier than the fragrances of the Jardin series, the fragrance seemed pleasantly round and high quality to me. Then Sel d'Azur came, out of curiosity. For an EdP something light and fleeting, but still neatly done and really beautiful. The third one is Cuir de Nuit, of which I got a free miniature together with my last order. And to say it in advance: Today the SFO arrived. I tested the Mini for three days, only in the evening, because it was quite warm and sunny during the day, but it was enough to convince me.

Cuir de Nuit is really wonderful. The main actor is vanilla, but it is not a sweet vanilla, nor a smoky vanilla like vanilla noir. No, this one smells like a pod. I still smell a hint of red pepper, it makes the fragrance a little fruity. A little cocoa gives the chocolate a tangy taste, I can only perceive the coffee after a few hours in the dry down. Yes, after a few hours - that's how long it lasts. To be more precise, it lasts from late in the evening until the next morning, I can still sniff out the scent on my wrist. It's tender, but it's def. still there. Maybe it may seem a bit monotonous to some, but I find it pleasantly calm and straightforward.

You can wear it all day long, the night leather is not only for the night. And even if you don't want to wear anything fresh even when it's warm, it's certainly also safe because it's completely sweet and unobtrusive.

I pers. am happy about the new collection, the old, flowery YR I had as mentioned at the beginning, quite sattgerochen and for some months hardly worn YR. That will change again. Today I ordered Plein de Soleil, the curiosity was just too big. Let's see how I like it and what I'll report about it

Popular Yves Rocher

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Moment de Bonheur by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Tendre Jasmin by Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple by Yves Rocher Naturelle by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Absolue (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Quelques Notes d'Amour L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Monoï Eau des Vahinés (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Noix de Coco de Malaisie / Malaysian Coconut by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Vanille / Vanilla by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve / Purple Lilac by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Rose Fraîche / Fresh Rose by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher