Cuir de Nuit 2019

Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher
Cuir de Nuit is a new perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2019. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher. Pronunciation

Papua New Guinea vanilla, Ivory Coast cocoa, Coffee, Mauritian pink pepper

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 11.11.2020.

CleoAkasha
A touch of powder on suede
Surely I am not the first to wonder about the name of this fragrance. Leather in the sense of a typical men's scent, a horse saddle for example or a biker's outfit, is definitely not to be found here. And certainly not does the fragrance suggest the presence of a nocturnal beauty in leather corset and with riding crop in her hand. But I do suspect a touch of suede, a delicate pair of ladies' gloves or a jacket. Anyone who knows Madness by Chopard knows what I mean, by the way, both fragrances have red pepper in common. But while Madness had a tangy, cinnamon spice, Cuir de Nuit is much more reserved, very close, subtle, you will have to get close enough to get into the enjoyment of this delicate scent taura, as it likes to happen at night, in the intimacy of a dark room.

But the vanilla is definitely dominant in the fragrance. A very dry vanilla, just like Pure DKNY once presented to us, not at all gourmand sweet, no sticky treat. The outer carton is lying in no way. Even the notes of cocoa and coffee that were announced to us can be found, directly after spraying, the cocoa also rather subtly dusted over it, by no means sweet like a drinking chocolate. And the coffee... here too, just a hint in the air, an old-fashioned coffee note like from a classic café, here no barista conjures up milk-foamy pretentiousness in the cup with a loud hiss, here the coffee was still ground and poured by hand. It is a gourmet fragrance in the sense that edible and drinkable ingredients were processed here, but the result is by no means sweet and certainly not childish. In the course of the fragrance, the perception of cocoa and coffee first increases, only to then enter a more abstract liaison, no longer differentiable.

The sillage is low and therefore the scent is wearable for all occasions, but overall I would be more inclined to the cool and cold season. The closeness to the skin should prevent you from killing other people with it, it is not suitable to attract the attention of strangers, but on a first date it should be a rather subtle and surprising companion, which only becomes noticeable when sympathy has been established and you perhaps dare a first tender hug at the end of a promising evening to say goodbye. Also for autumn walks or cozy evenings on the couch, alone with a book or cuddling in twos, I would like to reach for this bottle from time to time.

For relatively little money you can get a quite surprising and pleasant scent, which may bring variety into the everyday life of scent lovers. As a signature fragrance, however, it would be a touch too airy for me.

5.5
Winter more humid
As a supplement to my package there was this scent. Like lately, YR only offers "Husch und weg" and "Dicker Wummser" fragrances. The intermediate scents that I used to prefer don't seem to exist anymore. Certainly you would like to have a fragrance that is more expressive, but with a little bit of pep. So lately it is difficult for me to make friends with the YR scents. But they have been my favourite scents for many years. I remember Eglantine, Chévrefeuille, Milrose, Ming Shui, or Isfahan. But at some point the concept was changed and since then you only have the choice between the two extremes
Cuir de Nuit is such a big guy who will surely find his fans. Only I'm not one of them, because he's too meaningless for that. He begins with me directly with a boom of vanilla, musk, leather and sandalwood. It shouldn't be in there, but I can smell it. This mixture intensifies a little bit with me, without other fragrances being added. Fortunately there is also no more increase. The smell is there, stays almost 2 hours. Then it is gone all at once. As if it had never been there. Recently noticed in various YR fragrances.

Herb is the fragrance and already on the borderline of masculine. But without any noteworthy depth. It is a 0815 fragrance in a 0815 bottle. I only attach limited value to richly decorated flacons. It depends on the content. But what is sold to you as a container is an imposition. Cheap paper label, which dissolves from the glass when you get to know water. The bottle itself is practical and simple. But it does not justify the officially high price. These are many fragrances from the bend shelves in better bottles.

The bottom line for me is a fragrance for the autumn/winter. I can use it, because I have it. But I don't necessarily need it, because I don't find it extraordinary
Liquid bliss
Normally I do not describe fragrances until I have worn them for a while. This is not the case in the perfume at hand, and yet I dare to comment.

Do you know that, you smell a fragrance and you are sure you don't want to live another day without it? Until I found this fragrance, I did not know this immense passion for a fragrance. I have always liked many fragrances and have some that I would not want to miss anymore. And yet this inconspicuous, almost ugly bottle of liquid bliss is almost a sprayable blanket.

Now it wasn't that I tried this perfume in the shop, because I avoid the city centre wherever I can. In addition, for years I have imposed on myself to use up my products as much as possible and not to buy any more until I have come down to 3-4 perfumes.

Now I surely had the perfume in my shopping cart for weeks until I finally ordered it. Only 30ml, I was sure that I could not like it that much after all. I have been at war with YR fragrances for a long time and find many of them unoriginal. All the more I was attracted by the scent, as the components almost physically jumped out at me.

When I got it, I noticed the boring look again - but as with Sable Fauve, I wear the fragrance, not the bottle
A first spray made me dizzy. What was THAT? The scent was warm, soft and spicy. And on my body it became even softer (and every other nice adjective with w, as I just noticed :) ). You can smell the vanilla, but as warm and cuddly as hardly any other. And I like little vanilla, a lot smells like cheap vanillin to me. But here the vanilla smells grown-up, not leathery, whereby I can perceive a hint. Is that the pepper? You can smell the coffee too. It is not an espresso, but a light touch of the fine Café Crema from the coffee house. Anyway, the scent fits right here, in the fine society that is having a good time.

When I apply the fragrance, I feel incredibly sensual. It is not a headache scent, because I am very sensitive here. When I wear it, I am different, really self-confident and a woman in the middle of life. There are fragrances that smell so boring and yet good that I can't get the feeling. But here I feel strong and feminine, almost beautiful - and no fragrance has managed that yet!

The scent is not complex, and that's what I like about it. It is straightforward, you know what you are getting - from the beginning to the end. It becomes softer and lighter towards the end, and yet a touch of homesickness remains.

I've probably never before loaded a fragrance with so many positive adjectives, and yet I can't help it here. Does anyone else remember the lucky potion from Harry Potter? When it has a fragrance, it smells like Cuir de Nuit.

When I wear it and close my eyes, I see an oversized blanket above me. It is cosy and wraps me up, comforts me on bad days and warms my soul. I see a Viennese coffee house in front of me, fine ladies and smart gentlemen enjoying their delicious cakes and excellent coffee. Somewhere a whiff of cocoa still blows over, and I look at all the colourful hustle and bustle with a blanket over me.

I feel secure and that is exactly what the perfume is for me: a piece of home. Incredibly corny, I'm sure. But also honest and true.

In the end, the perfume lasts for a day, and on the scarf I can still smell it after two days. The silage, on the other hand, is not extreme; you have to get close to it to really notice it. But since only dear people come so close to us, this is perfectly fine.

If you are unsure whether you want to try this slightly oriental, slightly powdery but not extremely sweet and gourmand scent: If you like those grades, go ahead. If you like fresh, maybe still citric, this is certainly not your scent. And he's not right for a girl. I even think the older you are, the better it fits. He looks like a strong and well-behaved lady, respectable and noble. What does it matter if the scarf is from the rummage table - true style has no price tag

A Nice Surprise Like a Jewel in a Plain Encasement
So, today I had the opportunity to test the new Yves Rocher Perfume Collection fragrances. I immediately wanted to head for the one with leather and vanilla notes first, and my intuition was confirmed: Cuir de Nuit Eau de Parfum is a surprising perfume, and it has that exciting aspect I look for in a fragrance. Cuir de Nuit is far from leathery, and rather it is all too vanillic. The vanilla you get here is neither the gourmand one nor the bourbon one, not cloying, not cheeky, instead of a flowery, woody, and smoky vanilla. And the Cuir in the name is just a leather subtlety of this kind of vanilla. There are no leathery notes here. Delicious, I would say.

Among the other Eau de Parfum Collection's items, this is the most captivating and original one. All of the scents are bottled in an understandable and minimal bottle, with transparent and thick glass and a massive base, the juice of this cologne is a pale violet. This scent evokes me as much in the afternoons by the fireplace to enjoy a cake still hot with a cup of tea as in the elegant dark interiors where leather and raw wood would have a place of choice.

It greats you with a blast of the grassy and sour accord, also has a slight boozy sweet feeling. There is something akin to terebinth reminiscents of the smell of mango. In a while, the beauty of the wild pink pepper kicks in and gives off a pleasant, penetrating aroma. In perfumery, its essence fragrance is sought after for its delicacy and is particularly enjoyed when it enhances floral harmony. Soft and sweet with a feminine characteristic, its welcoming aroma invites the nature enthusiast to share.

And then appears the chocolate accord. The cocoa is represented here in its natural form and aroma, with all the nuttiness of the fermented cacao pods. It is bitter, and it is dark, it is pure, it is a powder, ain't too praline or toffee or brownies as in Mugler Angel or Valentino Uomo, which I adore. Still, with a dusty feel and a bitterish edge, so if you are chocoholics like me, you will appreciate it.

At last, it's all about vanilla, and any of the different facets vanilla can have. The vanilla here has a dark, somewhat dry, woody, and leathery feeling. Cacao makes the dryness more pronounced, and the coffee strengthens the ominous sense of the scent without smelling like strong coffee. In addition to the notes mentioned, I also feel something that reminds of lavender and cedarwood in here. I think the combination of Tahitian vanilla and cacao is the culprit, together they create a chocolate liqueur accord, to my nose anyway.

It's a pleasant fragrance, a perfect one. Well made and long-lasting. I've had it on for about 8 hours now, and it's still quite prominent. But at the end of the day, it's just vanilla. I haven't smelled this type of vanilla fragrance before. It does say much to me, so it feels not redundant for me. This perfume is a pleasant surprise, like a jewel in a clear encasement.
The vanilla here is incredibly well done, so elegant, powdery, even leathery! Also, accompanied by the right amount of cacao, pink pepper, and just a hint of coffee, it stays creamy till the end.

Cuir de Nuit is a perfect treat for the wintertime, and long-lasting too. In my opinion, it is a safe bet, a fragrance with character and timeless, and I see it well worn with a thick woolen fabric and a leather jacket a little rock, innocuous for wearing at the office. On the outfit side, nothing about to complain. I like the fact that it is not heady from the start but that it remains stable throughout the day with a tendency towards the vanilla-musk side at the end of the day. This perfume is a lovely favorite, in the same collection I also really liked Sable Fauve but I reserve it for the next days!

-Elysium
GirlofNow
I know maybe I'm late but I wish you all a merry Christmas!
I have not written a text for a long time now! Admittedly, it was a little due to my own laziness and the Christmas stress I had... No I don't try to justify my laziness!:D I love Christmas, but the stress is part of it, I think. Especially if you come from an extended family... Christmas was for me, just beautiful! Above all, the togetherness with the family at the delicious Christmas dinner is, as always, just beautiful!:))))) I hope you all had a nice Christmas time too :) Anyway, there are many people here who would like to rave about this fragrance, because I wanted to test it and see how it would develop on my skin:) Also my grandfather was very curious how the smell would probably smell :) The scents sounded very promising, so I ordered a small 5ml bottle from yves rocher. When the little bottle finally arrived I was very curious how, which would probably smell:) I wanted to test the fragrance together with my grandfather because I wanted to see on which skin it would develop well. I dabbed two drops on my wrist and on my grandfather's from the perfume...

I will now describe the course of the fragrance on my skin but also on my grandfather's skin, something I must emphasize I was extremely surprised how different but also different this fragrance developed on every skin!

The scent on my skin:
Starts very, very sweet! I could smell at the beginning very clearly a sweet but nevertheless a light artificial vanilla note... I must say that I have never smelled such a vanilla note in any fragrance before! I found her to be very soothing... But she also made a slight special impression Unfortunately I could not smell coffee at all! Much more a subtle lavender note, even my grandfather could smell the lavender note just like me! Now comes the special part: I had mentioned at the beginning that the scent on my skin was very sweet... But after exactly 5min. the scent, or rather the vanilla note, was suddenly no longer sweet but fresh... I've never smelled a vanilla note that's fresh... I only know the sweet and heavy vanilla notes! The fresh vanilla note was new to both me and my grandfather: I could smell the cocoa very discreetly, but when I had to sniff it with my nose very close to my wrist! The scent had hardly changed or better said not at all! Unfortunately I could not smell the scent after 4.hours... Too bad!
So now I describe the scent on the skin of my grandfather:)

The scent on my grandfather's skin:
With him the smell process began very similarly as with me, only that it was MUCH MUCH sweeter... With him the vanilla note wasn't so much in the foreground as it was with me, but he thought he smelled a leather note...It wasn't an ordinary leather note, but a musty but also powdery leather note, which was strongly present throughout the fragrance...With him the sweet note remained strongly present, which my grandfather doesn't like at all, especially not with himself! He could smell a spicy note, but I could also smell it clearly in the base note... My grandfather began to grin and said that this scent would remind him a little bit of an old leather bag:D The scent simply reminded me very strongly of another scent that unfortunately has not come to my mind until now... But it is well said that everyone perceives scents differently! And that is also true!:) With him I could not smell a vanilla note or cocoa! Much more a musty leather note...:D Also with him the scent had not changed much except that the sweet note was no longer so strongly present after 3.hours.

And once again it was very interesting for me how, different but fragrances can be especially on the skin! I just love such comparisons because I, for myself, have noticed that I can train my nose so better:) I hope very much that, this text has become good:)
soft lullaby
The husband and I are not early risers - simply because we are late risers.

This fact is known among friends and is also accepted.
In emergencies, of course, we always jump to the phone.
That too is well known.

Only the girlfriend ignores our often asked request for undisturbed rest periods, and the phone rang every 10 minutes from 8 am today.

I know she wants to chat because she's bored.

The husband and I turned on the mattress like the propellers and looked for sleep.

Finally the doorbell rang and the husband came back with a parcel from his best friend from far away Weimar.

Yes ! That's a reason to be awakened.
I joyfully inspected the contents.
Night leather ?

But at the start we are soothed by soft vanilla, accompanied by delicately sweet cocoa - a real smoothing nerve.
The pink pepper is also sweet and a hint of coffee floats through the room.
I still perceive subtle soft suede that gently envelops me.

Cuir looks like a quiet lullaby - because we snuggle up again in the feathers and take ourselves another "cap" sleep

ElysiumElysium 10 months ago
Cuir de Nuit is far from leathery, rather it is all too vanillic. The vanilla you get here ain't gourmand nor bourbon but woody and smoky.

by Elysium
by Elysium

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Monoï Vague d'Été by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Nature Millénaire by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau by Yves Rocher