Monoï Vague d'Été 2020

Monoï Vague d'Été by Yves Rocher
Monoï Vague d'Été is a new and limited perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-creamy. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher. Pronunciation Limited Edition
Scent goes well with Cašmir (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesTiaré
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 09.01.2021.

Sun in a bottle
Actually I am a declared rose fan, but in the summer I allowed myself a fling with YR's Monoi. I left it with my in-laws in Brittany, only to find it back now for Christmas. I thought it was a fun idea to have a scent that you associate with a certain place and time. Much has been written about 2020 - and there's not much positive to report. The longing for harmony and security is growing. Mono¨Vague d'Eté is just the thing. It's not exactly cold outside, but today it's storming and the wind is just sweeping around the house. I sniff the bottle and immediately memories of warm, sunny summer days come up. The interplay of tiare and vanilla caresses the skin. Together with the body oil, you get the feeling that summer lasts forever, that life is light and positive. Monoï Vague d'Eté is a flatterer of the soul.
Marzipan
Flowers in your hair and the sun in your heart
In Polynesia, the girls wear flowers in their hair and the sun in their hearts. Their culture is so colorful and intense, as I could not describe the fragrance itself.

Unbiased charity, positivity, living in the moment, openness, lightheartedness, rites, deities, nature, beach and yesa the sun, in all its unfolding power..

Perhaps you remember the South Sea lard movie "Mutiny on the Bounty" ? The enchanting leading lady embodies, at least for me, exactly this pure-hearted girl with flowers in her hair and sun in her heart.

Her name was Tarita Teriipaia. An exotic dancer, and she was still very young, too young, when she turned the head of a hardened actor, with her natural charisma. She certainly wore a touch of monoi in her hair when she managed to do so with Mr. Brando. Unlike him, however, monoi stayed true to her.... :')

Me accompanies this fabulous Polynesia fragrance also almost two whole days, until he says goodbye with his last, delicate vanilla note, longing from my skin.

On the Bounty, he sails then, proud of his homeland, the sunset, entgegen..

He wants to go back to his Tarita...he doesn't suit me.
Vanillily
plain and simple, beautiful.
Ohhh, I love that smell!

The perfume fever has grabbed me and for some weeks now I have been trying out new fragrances, ordering samples, or - due to the situation - sometimes even making a blind purchase.
Students purse - and accordingly often more a disillusionment than a joy, with the cheap drugstore fragrances.
But last week I ordered a few bits and pieces from Yves Rocher and when I checked out I packed a free Monoi tasting size (I had already heard about the fragrance, it was a dupe to Guerlain's terracotta - I can't confirm that yet, but bottling is on the way :D ).
So after days of impatient waiting I unpacked my package, full of anticipation and was not disappointed!
After many attempts to find a few cheap summer scents, I have finally come a big step closer to my goal!
I tried fresh or flowery scents, but something always bothered me. To toilet stone, to room spray, to sweet...bäh.
Monoi, on the other hand, is not fresh, a bit warm and flowery, sweet, but creamy-sweet, which gives me a bit of a wellness feeling. It smells like freshly creamed and pleasantly warm from the sun. I don't know if I would still like to wear it at 40 degrees, but to push the spring a little bit into the summer emotionally...hammer!
It hardly changes at all, and is not particularly "interesting", that has to be said.
But I find it in the truest sense of the word: plain and simple - beautiful!
So far I haven't had the feeling that I'm getting on someone's nerves, which is probably due to the modest durability.
My boyfriend even likes him very much, so he passed the endurance test and directly ordered a double pack of original size :D ( 200 ml for 30€ )
Now there is first of all scent shopping withdrawal!
I have to say, now that I have found my spring-summer scent, I hope it will be easier for me too!

Stays healthy

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Nature Millénaire by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher