Nouveau Genre 2019

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher
Nouveau Genre is a new perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-sweet. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher. Pronunciation

Marie Salamagne

Indonesian patchouli, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 30.11.2020.

Short moment of joy
Homely in the first spraying - patchouli without earthy grave effect, soft, smooth, delicious, woody, a bit whisky-like - but without sillage, I have to hang with my nose right above my wrist. That's the way I want to smell when I'm in close contact with someone. But it's more of a quickie: after an hour it fizzles out more and more, then it goes more in the direction of furniture polish with a load of Iso E Super, the fragrance I'm at war with, since I alternately smell nothing, water, ironed but worn men's shirt and motor oil.
Spektrum
Patchouli perfume - without fresh and without flowers
This is clearly the return of the Néonatura Cocoon that fans have been longing for, unfortunately in the desolate standard flacon. I owned it back then, it was a perfume for going out, perfect for black parties in dimly lit basements. I can't tell the difference to the perfume of that time, smells exactly like my stored scent memory. At least after it has fully developed, maybe the process is a bit different After spraying, one immediately recognizes patchouli, immediately the gothic association fully on the twelve as a top note. That's fun. Then it quickly becomes softer, slightly vanilla-sweetish and dark chocolaty.
In the shop I sprayed something on a strand of hair, that was almost too intense for me, what was blowing around me. But after about an hour or so the sillage retreated to an unpenetrant level. The base is bitter cocoa with a little bit of earth (on the paper strip, hours later), the sweetness of the tonka vanilla remains in the mix I almost took him with me. But: I'm not particularly enthusiastic about retro, especially when it comes to my own life. I also had a special liking for fragrances that consisted of classic base notes at the time, but that has changed somewhat.
Instead, I started testing something with the So Elixir at the Y.R. store, and the jasmine immediately won me over.
But there are also days like this and days like this, which are for feminine, friendly, radiant jasmine and which are for more introverted, sensual goth scents...
And it's not autumn enough for this one either, I think
on clouds
The Rocher discount voucher fluttered into the house - and lo and behold, my favorite L 'eau comme une evidence is on offer.

That's a reason to get going !

But in the shop a novelty is displayed on a pedestal and wants to be tried.
Noveau genre.

Already the first spray has me immediately with the wrap, because this full-bodied sweet tart cloud works beguiling.
Grated dark chocolate, garnished with cocoa powder caresses my nose.
Patchouli dims the sweetness and keeps the fragrance flowing.
Tonka softly rounds off this treat.

I'm packing L eau and Nouveau, and I'm floating out of the store like on clouds.

The husband nods benevolently - although two bottles have now landed in his pocket after all.

But even he cannot escape the charm of nouveau.
Really bitter surprise
Given the ratings, which are the highest in this series at Yves Rocher, I was very excited when the flacon arrived. Sprayed and flinched. The bouquet is very full, you can't say otherwise. After the top note fades away, a scratchy resin smell remains. This may be a pleasant smell for trained noses. I experience it as masculine (why should it be a unisex or even women's perfume ??) and somehow stale, like old wood. But the tastes are different. In no case recommendable for daytime, maybe for evening, for a smoky bar. Unfortunately, I can't offer my brand new 30 ml bottle on Parfumo for the but-lovers (not unlocked), but on ebay. Good luck!

by Reyzel
by Reyzel

Popular Yves Rocher

Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Monoï Vague d'Été by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Nature Millénaire by Yves Rocher