Plein Soleil 2019

Plein Soleil by Yves Rocher
Plein Soleil is a new perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher. Pronunciation

Indian tuberose, Guatemala cardamom, Australian sandalwood, Comorian ylang-ylang

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.08.2020.

Calabrian feelings
My Schwiegi's girlfriend is Swiss, and she has created an idyllic holiday resort in Calabria because it is too cold for her in Switzerland.
That's what I call initiative!
She is a gripping elderly lady who met with her charming holiday resort right in the middle of my taste center.

Leaning cottages, directly by the sea and set in a lush garden.

As I fell asleep, the surf swayed me into peaceful dreams - mixed with the beguiling scents of flowers from the colourful garden.

One stumbled out of the door in the morning, directly to the beach, which was always deserted, because Calabria did not seem to me to have been developed for tourism yet.

The few other guests - all Italians - got lost in the generous expanse.

On the horizon you could discover Sicily - also always my favourite side trip with the ferry.

If one is to imagine one's place of well-being in stressful times, the dreamlike Centro Svizzero.
appears before my eyes
And so relaxing is the fragrance Plein Solei - which for me, however, does not take place in the " blazing " sun, but in the quiet garden, where I like to linger in the shade of the lush flower bushes - sometimes with a book, sometimes without any distraction at all.

Ylang and tuberose soothed my nose - brightened by white flowers.
Spicy wafting over from Mama Lilly's herb garden.

And there I could actually fall asleep during the day.

Plein Solei - in my shady garden corner - under the Calabrian sun also conveys this welcome peace.
Intoxicating flowerage of the South Seas
Plein Soleil is the first fragrance of the many new scents by Yves Rocher, which were released in 2019, pretty much simultaneously.
I don't like all of them, but this one convinced me quickly.
It is said to resemble Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford, but unfortunately I cannot judge that, because I do not know the scent in question. Maybe sometimes it's better that way At least then you don't have too high or wrong expectations.

Plein Soleil is a neat flowering, lush and floral, perhaps a little floriental.
Lush tuberose determines the direction of the journey. The sweet, turgid flowers of Ylang-Ylang are also not too scarce. I have been appreciating the scent of ylang-ylang since the nineties.
Add sandalwood, it gives even more warmth.
The fragrance is very floral, warm, lush and with the woody softness of sandalwood.
It would have fitted well into the nineties where fragrances like samsara or mahora were modern. I still like that stuff
The sillage is not too scarce, so it is advisable to dose rather sparingly. The shelf life is also quite good.
The bottle is simple and cylindrical with a simple adhesive label - just like the whole range. So the flacons from Yves Rocher have already been more beautiful! But uniformity in bottles seems to be the modern way to go. Personally, I prefer individual bottles. I don't like the fact that only 30 or 100ml bottles are offered. A 50ml flacon as a middle thing would have been great But anyway, the fragrance Plein Soleil is well done and I like it very much.

Sensual, Carnal, Scandaleuse, Vertigineuse, and Criminelle
Michael Kors, So Nude Costume National, Tom Ford Soleil Blanc, Gucci Bloom, Elie Saab, CH Good Girl, and La Dame Blanche Le Cercle des Parfumeurs Createurs ... What do all these perfumes have in common? They are not clones of each other, obviously not, but they present a magical note that was unknown to me until I met Dior Hypnotic Poison. Yes, my love for tuberose is a recent thing, because that white flower is not so common in men's perfumes, Bvlgary Man in Black has it, but it is not dominant, indeed it is buried behind other spicier and woodier hints. Now I can detect tuberose at first sight. Wow, there are many female perfumes focused on tuberose. A lot. And Yves Rocher Plein Soleil is one of those, seriously. Undercut by notes of ylang-ylang and sandalwood, it’s simultaneously bright and sultry, floral and earthy-green, like burying your face in a freshly-cut spring bouquet. It’s pervasive and narcotic, but never cloying, a floral scent for people who typically dislike floral scents. Because I love tuberose my review is going to be slanted.

The fragrance opens with obscure and spicy notes of cardamom surrounded by the delicacy of citrus blossom, which is only too creamy. Then, as time past by, the scent did not dissipate of dry down to a more subdued, delectable blend of this unique combination.

Indeed, a floral heart of ylang-ylang and tuberose suddenly appears, enchanting for its elegance and sensuality. It is a carnal, creamy and fleshy floral note which can present mentholated facets, supported by the cardamom. It is sweet, creamy, rich, powerful, fruity, slightly animal. Yes, you get tuberose upfront. It's not loud, at least I don't think so, this is much softer and less of diva tuberose. You get tuberose petals, but not big heavy ones. They've dialed it down quite a bit. Certainly, its sheer as you can make it with still smelling it. It's not every day that you smell a woody tuberose fragrance. Plein Soleil is less focused on the white floral aspects, and more zoned into the creamy and sheer qualities of this popular flower.

A warm base of sandalwood gives depth to the scent. Up close and during the opening hour or so, this is all white florals, pushing Plein Soleil into the feminine for me. However, in the air and the deeper it goes into the drydown it's a very fresh, clean laundry musk with sweet woody notes that I don't mind wearing at all.

Longevity is above average, I can catch it on my hand and sleeve the day after. Projection is just okay throughout but quite persistent even after quite a few hours on my skin. The longevity surprised me. Suited for the middle seasons, more a daily than a nightly scent. It was love at first scent. I adored the intoxicatingly striking notes of intermingled flowered and spice. It is unique and beautiful.

-Elysium
Failed!
Since my perfume budget was used up again this month, but I can't help it, I spent the sunny afternoon in the city on the green. I need a summer scent, I can't get anything out of the German "winter" and its grey dreariness and I definitely felt like summer in the city!!!
Of course, the summer fragrances are not necessarily launched in January and February, but first the old stuff is brought to the people with red pawing pseudo discounts. Stoic as I am and blinded by greed, of course I was sausage. Full of zest for action, I headed straight for Mr. Ford, because soleil planc has remained so nicely in my memory and was immediately addressed by a dramatically made-up lady with: "Welcome to Tom Ford" as if he had to jump around the corner at any moment I asked her to apply the soleil directly to my skin and meanwhile she told me that this was a fragrance from Mr. Ford's private collection (when is this Mr. Ford finally coming and greeting me personally). The private collection is exclusive (i.e. overpriced) and for people who know about fragrances. "Aha" I said, "what a pity, I really like it but unfortunately I have no idea about the material, otherwise I would have bought it". I left the lady and Mr. Ford On the parfumo page I was shown soleil plein as a fragrance twin.
Ha!!!! I thought I'd show you Ford! So I single-mindedly reached for plein soleil with Mr. Yves, while I was quite confident of victory. I ran the two scents against each other, and they were actually similar... The first five seconds...ylang ylang and tuberose were the common denominator. But soon it turned out that plein soleil was the somewhat more corpulent, pimply sister. Plein soleil does not develop and remains linear, the fragrance somehow unloving and dull. Tuberose once again hardly lets any increment shine on her side and so she sultries. The delicate creamy texture is also missing. Well, it's not a bad scent per se, but in direct comparison to soleil blanc, unfortunately it failed completely!

by FräuleinJK
by FräuleinJK

Popular Yves Rocher

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher Cuir Vétiver by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Accord Chic by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Oud by Yves Rocher Cuir de Nuit by Yves Rocher 8ᵉ Jour (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre Le Parfum by Yves Rocher Venise (1986) / Venice (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Oui à L'Amour by Yves Rocher Nuit Vanille by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher