Sable Fauve (2019)

Sable Fauve by Yves Rocher

Sable Fauve is a new perfume by Yves Rocher for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Groupe Rocher.

Marie Salamagne

Tonka bean, Laotian benzoin, Spanish cistus

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.11.2019.

9.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Soft, soft, sensual warmth
I admit it - at first I didn't like the new YR fragrances at all. Probably because they are a little different from what we were used to from YR, flowery and harmless. I liked it for a long time, but since about a year I was wearing YR less and less - the scents bored me more and more.

Relatively quickly I acquired the entire collection. So "Sable Fauve" also came into my collection - a free gift that I had chosen for my birthday. I had the most reservations about him besides "Tropical Tentation". Actually, I thought he might be too oriental for me (Yves Rocher emphasizes the similarity to Voile d'Ambre, which I absolutely can't understand) - and after reading some parallels to "La Vie est belle", I was even more cautious. But Lilienfeld liked the scent quite well and she recognized similarities to Coco Mademoiselle - so I wanted to test him. The free offer was just right for me.

And I wasn't disappointed. In the first moment I had to think about LVEB for a moment, but probably this is only due to the sweetness. But it's not an annoying, penetrating sweetness like in most currently popular mainstreamers, but a very soft, lovely sweetness. Even for me who doesn't like sweet scents, very pleasant. With this fragrance I can only give an overall impression: It is soft, balsamic, delicate-sweet, unobtrusive. Due to the labdanum, which is extracted from the cistus, it has a very sensual effect on me. He reminds me a little of Wish, but also of So Elixir Bois Sensuelle. It is also a little resinous, here it reminds one of Coco Mademoiselle. But it's really easy, I have a hard time dealing with Coco Mademoiselle myself.

I am happy about my free gift, for the autumn and winter one gets here really a fine smell. You can't complain about the price. If you order it with 50% discount, as almost always with YR, you pay only 35€ for 100ml. And you really get a lot on offer for that, I think it's much nicer than all those sweet main streamers that often cling to my nose and cause headaches and nausea. However, Sable Fauve also has a cotton candy note in her clothes that I don't like that much now. And she's really gonna hold out till the next wash. So in the future I will take care that scarves, cardigans etc. don't get any of the scent. The T-shirt comes in the evening anyway in the laundry, that's not tragic
The shelf life on the skin is 4-5 hours, the silage is rather restrained. I find the bottle really beautiful with the picture, presumably it works only on the 100ml bottles so correctly, the 30 ml bottles did not please me at all so.

By the way: La Vie est Belle is indicated as the fragrance twin, but I cannot confirm that. Anyone who gives the fragrance more than 5 minutes to develop, and not just a short touch or sniff at the tester, will notice that it is going in a different direction
4.0 5.0 5.5/10

JetonToni
Sable Fauve turned to ashes...
Sable Fauve I had quickly tested in a Yves Rocher store weeks ago and considered him a La Vie Est Belle copy, but in my defence I must say that I also tested other fragrances on that day
Still, I couldn't get the scent out of my head. Not even correctly assigned, I decided to make a blind purchase. Sable Fauve finally arrived today. Compliments to the beautiful box. While unpacking, I saw the bottle "in kind": kindly said, a bit too simple. Unfortunately, there is nothing special about the bottle shape here anymore, as I actually know it from Yves Rocher. Unfortunately, the sticked overprint does the rest, it will surely become unsightly after some time or peel off. Here already times minus points!

I can still overlook that, if the scent promises what it wants to say, so first sprayed: The sprayer "shoots" more like a revolver, than that it can be sprayed pleasantly.
I spray and first smell a nice pleasant sweetness, which then fades like a "dead angle", only after 10 minutes, a hunch comes to So Elixir Bois Sensuel, but, in diluted form almost like a failed reformulation. Or a simple eau de toilette to this fragrance.

Sable Fauve has unfortunately no depth, as I know it from the So Elixir fragrances. Sable Fauve, already begins to fade after not even 2 hours. No soul, no statement! If this is reddish brown sand, it is more like sand that is swept away by the wind. Where So Elixir Bois Sensuel seduces with delicate (honey)sweetness and harmony, Sable Fauve leaves nothing profound. It's not too sweet for that, for all those who already had problems with So Elixir Bois Sensuel.

The shelf life is very modest. After 3 hours there was practically nothing left which could be called a fragrance. Sillage weak.

I was very much looking forward to Sable Fauve, hoping it would come quite close to the long since discontinued Yves Rocher Nature Millenaire fragrance, which I already liked with the earthy campaign back then. Nature Millenaire smelled wonderful, sweet, floral and earthy. One could have designed Sable Fauve better, but that would probably not have allowed the budget of the new fragrance series.

I am unfortunately not satisfied with Sable Fauve and even more sad that they did not dare to create a fragrance in the style of Nature Millenaire. I like Cuir de Nuit better than that.
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Soft sand
Yesterday post came from Rocher fluttered into the house, and lured with special offers.

I was not told twice, because the free Mascara is very convenient for me.
And also the husband was not averse to a visit with Rocher, because he likes the scents - and the shampoo.

I immediately got to grips with the new summer fragrances - starting with Sable Fauve.
An unusual fragrance - but interesting.

The title red-brown sand, however, is somewhat misleading, because Fauve is not dry at all.
Nothing crunches here.
And if I could give the scent a color, it'd be sun gold.

The tonka bean is round and vanilla and the sweetish cistus rose harmonises perfectly with it.
Zistrose always speaks to me in scents anyway.

This sand is as fine as powder - and you walk on it like on clouds.
The sun bathes this scene in golden light.

I am ready to buy, but the seller informs me that the new summer fragrances are excluded from the discount.

Well, then I will be patient - because Sable also fits into the winter

Popular Yves Rocher

Secrets d'Essences - Vanille Noire by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Moment de Bonheur by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Neroli by Yves Rocher So Elixir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Tendre Jasmin by Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple by Yves Rocher Naturelle by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Iris Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Ispahan (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Muguet en Fleurs / Lily of the Valley by Yves Rocher Secrets d'Essences - Rose Absolue (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Rocher Monoï Eau des Vahinés (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher Quelques Notes d'Amour L'Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Noix de Coco de Malaisie / Malaysian Coconut by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Lilas Mauve / Purple Lilac by Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature - Vanille / Vanilla by Yves Rocher Un Matin au Jardin - Rose Fraîche / Fresh Rose by Yves Rocher Hoggar (2005) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Rocher