Black Opium (2014) Eau de Parfum

Black Opium (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent

Black Opium (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Patchouli, Cedar

Submitted by Michael, last update on 05.12.2019.

The face of the campaign is the British model Edie Campbell.

9.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

A great character scent!
With my sister-in-law I was already allowed to take a sniffer from the Black Opium and found him insanely great! However and after long research I noticed quite fast that there are several versions and the bottle, which I will possess now soon, is probably a more or less harsh version, but I prefer it nevertheless substantially. If you consider that I was actually critical of opium because I still know the original opium and this is not really my taste ... In any case, after the first snoop at my sister-in-law's, I got a sample, which is a bit harsher version, and I think this opium is really great. The coffee note stands out very nicely and that with a discreetly sweet underline, simply great! In any case, it is an after-sale product, because it is not so intrusive and in my opinion suitable for everyday use!
10.0 10.0 7.0 2.0/10

Stronger than anything
When I First tried this piece, it reminded me another perfume, From Yodeyma. Its called Celebrity Woman. Its heavy, floral, oh my God, Just very strong. But this one? Black Opium? Its much stronger! Little bit sweet, not for fresh perfume lovers definitely. Some people have headaches from this one. I would not even say its somehow special. No. Opium is only one.
6.0 7.0 8.0 6.0/10

It's okay
The scent is ok, but please dosed correctly.

In the summer it is unfortunately very strong, would recommend it rather for the winter.

The other day in Cologne he had almost every third one on him, most of them unfortunately much too strong for such a warm weather.

Got it too, but don't wear it much. But I wouldn't buy it again.
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Beere
The opiate for long nights
It is already late, it is cold outside, which is normal during this winter season. I went to a party tonight with my best friends. Today I want to be wild and emphasize my still well preserved youthfulness. I am in a good mood, from my wardrobe I take my leather leggings and an oversize knit sweater. That looks rocky in my black Doc Martens. I put my hair loosely upwards and I emphasize my eyes especially. Today I want to celebrate and last but not least I wear my Black Opium. My buddy's car stops, I go out and sit down, we are greeted and he says to me: "you sexy thing, today smells very feminine and good again". I laugh I know I've chosen everything right for today;)

For me BO is a very nice and tasty sweet gourmand, which I like to wear in winter evenings for going out or partying. It fits very well to women who are young at heart but also to more elegant women. I know that this fragrance is worn a lot and smells a lot. I also know that it has already been reformulated and many mourn after the original version. But I think he is wrongly judged too badly because he is a beautiful, sweet, tasty and not exaggerated gourmand. For me this fragrance unfolds very harmoniously and I like to use it
10.0 4.0 4.0 5.0/10

Disappointing to me.
After trying "Touch of Woman" by La Rive, which is supposed to be a dupe of this fragrance, I thought I had to have it. A great disappointment for me, I'm afraid. The fragrance starts with a slightly orange coffee note, until a short time later, absolutely nothing can be smelled anymore. I waited in vain for vanilla to start, in contrast to the cheap "Duftzwilling", which I find much better and at a much lower price!
10.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

GirlofNow
The party queen is coming!
This perfume is just a masterpiece in my opinion it's so mysterious, dark and dangerous at the same time it's the woman who rises in the night and can't be stopped anymore is she knows she's the party queen of the night. She won't let anything or anybody stop her, let alone put her down! She wants to live out her energy and make the night unsafe! Every man who sees her in this one night knows no one can wrap her around her fingers so fast because she wraps the men around her fingers. In every room where it was you could see the energetic and dark coffee note with the light orange blossom note but that all changes very quickly because the vanilla note comes out and makes everything creamier and more interesting but still the coffee note remains strong and mysterious just like its wearer because the night is long as you know:) After 5 minutes one smells very strongly that the whole course of fragrance becomes creamier and softer because this woman has consumed half her energy in this one night then it is also clear that the course of fragrance no longer so strong and smoky remains everything becomes very pleasant and lighter until one only perceives the vanilla note. The woman has had enough of this night and is going to recover so that she can give everything again the next night and is charged with full energy;)

Sopfie207
I'm not the nice girl next door...
Black opium - what can I say? The fragrance was in my house in the year of its release, at that time still relatively unknown, today unfortunately somewhat affected by the mainstream.
Still, I can't get enough...

Friday night. The black lace body sits, just like the black velvet skirt. Pantyhose? No, better today the good lace stockings, you never know after all and you won't notice that anyway... but who knows!? The bootees on and still the loose blazer over it, you don't want to get out too freely. Quickly back to the bathroom - the taxi will surely arrive any moment. The hairstyle again fixed with hairspray and then the question: Which fragrance accompanies me this evening? The outfit screams 'all black today', so the choice is not difficult: it becomes Black Opium.
Arrived at the club. It's full inside. A few men stare at me as I squeeze past them wrapped in my mysterious scent.
One of them speaks to me. We start with a small talk, he actually asks for my perfume. "Black opium. He asks me again and smiles, "Excuse me?"
The ice is broken; he certainly sees himself on the way home - not alone. He loves the mysterious, but what he does not know is that today he is not the hunter, but the hunted. The object of desire. The black poison will grab him and then not let him go; for only a few of them will let go again...
6.0 7.0 7.0 5.0/10

Stereotypical YSL
Only the name and bottle design reminded of glorious Opium brand, everything else is different. This is just another contemporary uber sweet Manifesto clone. Inspiration as usual was find in legendary Angel. Some mocca, lots of glucose and patchouli, fair amount of vanilla and voila... Black Opium is served. Not bad but already done and stereotypical.

Rating: 5/10
6.0 6.0 6.0 5.5/10

Crowd pleaser
Mediocrity...or even less.Every single powerful House of fragrances comes nowadays with a gourmand liquid,that's because very many of them are hard to call perfumes.YSL has its fair share of candy bars and sweet to sickening scents.Black Opium is a joke,a joke that really hurts and ashames the real Opium name,a perfume that made quite a history in its days.It is supposed to be gourmand,well,yes it is,but it is really difficult to make a difference between all of them gourmand scents today.I have no idea if I smell YSL or Dior's Poison Girlie thingie,or Givenchy's Dahlias,or Bvlgari's Omnias or any of whatever they decide to bring up to the market.They are all the same,synthetic,burning your olfactive organs,making your eyes burst to tears...I have decided not even to try to imagine how they smell,no way in hell,i'd rather use my vintage Escada,at least it is old school.
2.5 5.0 7.5 1.0/10

Mediocrity made by L'Oréal - really not worth it
"Black Opium" - a new scent by YSL? It would be better to openly declare on the package that it's a product by L'Oreal. The marketing people have tried very hard to make the most of a legend, but the result is a flanker which smells like a cross of "La Vie est belle", "Flowerbomb" and "Si" with a touch of coffee. Mediocrity, here you come. The bottle is from cheap-looking plastic and doesn't impress me much. Staying-power is good, but that's the only positive thing I have to say about this kind of horror from France. A loud, coarse and chemical scent capable of turning me into a perfume-hater.

Catarina 6 hours ago
Strong, deep, dark and sweet! It's my conceprion of a perfume for a very well dressed lady ready for a glamorous night out. Luv it!
9.0
Polarrfox 84 days ago
Very sweet, floral and heavy scent. Stronger than makes me headaches. Really. Real opium is only that one. These ones are Just... Not good.+1
10.0
10.0
2.0
PBullFriend 4 years ago
Loud, synthetic La Vie est Belle, but with added fruit jam and skunky beer. Hurts my head! Mostly useful for military purposes, I suspect.+4
5.0

by Whiff
by Darkwhite
by Darkwhite

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Kouros (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Paris (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Y (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Belle d'Opium (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent