Black Opium 2014Eau de Parfum

Black Opium (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent
Black Opium (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Alien (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Patchouli, Cedar

Submitted by Michael, last update on 17.01.2021.

The face of the campaign is the British model Edie Campbell.

Black Opium - One Last Doubt Remains
Black Opium is very modern for me, even too modern. It just doesn't suit me, although I don't find it bad in the actual sense.
Black Opium is an appropriate name, since I can actually smell out the coffee note, but I prefer to drink that, black of course, and sometimes with milk if I'm not dieting. Tea, however, I prefer.
Black tea of course. Alternatively though, I like many other types of tea.
Now to the perfume: I find it actually extraordinary, because I would not think of any fragrance that resembles it.
Pink pepper I would not have suspected here.
The orange blossom note, however, I have been able to recognize, only the interaction with the coffee note irritates me, but that's just a matter of taste and says nothing about the quality of the perfume nor anything about the wearer.I find Black Opium very modern and would therefore rather assign to the younger target group, but that does not necessarily have to be. I think it is quite ageless and wearable on many occasions.
The vanilla provides a sweet contrast to the coffee note.
Somehow, this is quite an offbeat floral-sweet, somewhat hidden gourmand scent with charm.
He just does not particularly suit me.
My nose is irritated by Black Opium, even though I wouldn't call it bad per se
Crowd puller
It's strange how different perceptions can be sometimes...

A few years ago I smelled this fragrance on a colleague and found in merely ok, more than 6/10 I would not have given him then.
A few months later landed then, after a perfumery visit, a sample in my shopping bag. I left it first, until I discovered it a few weeks later in my handbag. Without much thought I sprayed 2 times and left the apartment in the direction of downtown.
As I sat on the bus,headphones on my ears, a lady approached me about my scent.
I had to consider only briefly ("hmmm what I have because today on it?"), until I then remembered,
that I still had the fragrance sample in the bag. Without, againma,l think about it, I gave the nice lady the remaining sample.
In the evening then, lounging on the couch, my husband also seemed to be quite enthusiastic about my fragrance. So enthusiastic that he gave it to me a few weeks later.
Every time I wear it, I get compliments.
Somehow a pity that I myself perceive him only as satisfying, sometimes even as too loud.
2.5
FvSpee
Unjust, perhaps, but trouble must go away.
I didn't want to write a comment today, I just wanted to take a quick test and make a more or less mindless statement about it.

So quickly reached into the threateningly empty test box: What here? Nina Ritschi, Lährdüdings, classic, demanding, maybe even hammer good, you have to torture yourself with art and intellectual commentary, but not something like that. I don't want a problem film, I want a thriller, 45 minutes
Yo, the free thing from the mail-order perfume shop, black opium, that works. It can't be that bad, Üsel is an okeene brand somehow and the old opium is a horny brew, pur-om and non-pur-om, odepaföng and odetolett, everything primitive. So it's a flanker, for sure
Impatiently fluffy cardboard thing torn open all around, spray. And: No now, right? This is not serious? I thought, fragrance stuff is somehow a vacation from all the sh... out there, beautiful illusory world and so, climate catastrophes and the nasty scheming work colleagues forgotten
But not with this Üsel. He makes me really angry, more angry than the news. What? He makes me so stubborn that I need more space than a statement to let it out, if only for therapeutic reasons
Firstly, this scent has as much to do with the original opium as a suitcase of milk powder with pure heroin. Gifted, you could say, that's the same with Dior Homme and Dior Homme. It still annoys me. Why don't they call it "Milk Powder Black", "Sucrose Black" or if it should be real drugs, at least "Crack Black", then you can see, ok, it's something else than opium, and it would even rhyme with it.

Second, what the hell does "Black" stand for? Night, danger, threat, twilight, Gotham City, drugs, sin, sex, little black, fishnets? No, right? For the black humor that lies in getting customers to spray themselves with it voluntarily and give money for it? Maybe. Or for the dark unconsciousness into which you fall because of sugar shocks when you consume this iso-glucose-fructose-invert sugar syrup, which is pumped up with nature-identical flavouring substances as full as the average visitor of a muscle temple with steroids?

Why? What for? For whom? Diffusely sweating orange blossoms inserted in sticky sweets and, as a celebrated heart note, an office filter coffee that has been standing on the hot plate too long. Because there was no milk left, someone dissolved three butterscotch candies in it. Works too
And don't give me any of that other demographic stuff. Does an 18-year-old trainee (after Corona) in the club in Friedrichshain (Berlin) or Friedrichshafen (Lake Constance) have to wear Chanel No 5 in the heat of the night or a niche label from Timbuktu? No, she doesn't have to (although who knows, maybe it wouldn't hurt either). Does she want to smell something good and sexy? Yeah, she probably does. But, wallah, she can do that much better with twenty cheap products from the bottom shelf of the local drugstore than with this plörre.

My fantasy may be excessive and uninhibited and unbridled enough to imagine a woman looking so sexy that she's even attractive after she's put these smelly goods on her body. Precautionary: Of course, all 575 women who have this scent product according to the right column belong to this group.

But the idea that there is a female (or any other) being who would not be significantly more adorable and breathtaking without black opium than with black opium would be too much for even me a libertine.

However, if you understand "more breathtaking" in medical terms, then black opium would be better.

"Nathalie Lorson, Marie Salamagne, Olivier Cresp, Honorine Blanc": Many cooks* spoil the baby food.
5.5
Sweet smelling...
Since the fragrance was very popular with the clubbers, I had to try it now, and I can only think of one word: boring! The scent is totally unoriginal, this flowery vanilla-sweetness has been smelled 1000 times. Black Opium has nothing special at all, but it doesn't smell bad per se, just boring ;-) I think it also has a relatively high headache potential... so no recommendation, there are much better club scents!
Erotic veil
The fragrance Black Opium is a warm, "hot" women's fragrance for all ages, only sexy should the wearer like to feel!
Its sweet gourmand scent - comparable to the perception of taste, like a chocolate tastes like a sip of coffee, it enchants every woman and every man. The pure pleasure on the tongue ;) (skin).
Noble and sexy, this very vanilla and yet spicy fragrance with a slight pungency, beguiling jasmine flows over the body and spreads like an invisible veil. The mystique of opium right inside the dark body continues and makes this fragrance unique.
Zeitgeist meets group pressure
A few years ago, that smell was everywhere. A good friend of mine had it and because I liked it very much on her, I took a look at the scent too. So much for individuality, but if things that are mainstream were very bad, they probably wouldn't be mainstream either. Well...

And actually the perfume smells pretty good. It starts out like something you buy at Starbucks: Very sweet latte, with caramel syrup and cream. But the sugary one disappears quickly and the scent becomes softer. What remains is a pleasing mix of coffee with lots of milk and vanilla. Well, I'm not really thinking about black. I'm thinking more of the color of the liquid. It's an old cliché, but maybe something like Opium Girl wouldn't have been a bad name for it. Yeah, I guess so. After all, it's a new edition of a classic, which doesn't really have anything in common with the aforementioned classic, but is supposed to appeal to young people...yes, it's certainly successful, it's quite wearable. The only question is why I am not really enthusiastic about this water.

On the one hand I like the scent because it reminds me of several people who are important to me. On the other hand, I can see that it's probably a very good example of the new zeitgeist: designer brand, nice presentation, actually very nice anyway, but quality and individuality? Well, that's both secondary. That's why I have to say that although I'm very happy to have been given it as a gift, I don't think that Black Opium is worth the money now that I've been able to test the durability and fragrance progression.

I can certainly understand why the fragrance was so popular for such a long time, perhaps especially when you don't really deal with the subject matter and don't know what else is around. That's why I'll cherish my bottle and remember the time when I didn't really know anything about perfume.

Or maybe I'll look at more than one Dupes. At the moment I own the one from La Rive, which is portable, but not really close to the original. A bigger similarity seemed to be the one from Kik (Black Emotion). Don't ask, somehow I find it ironic...and a bit sad...
An old flame never dies
Actually, I didn't want him. The new guy...
No, my opium is in that brown bottle with the tassel .
With mother in the bathroom, on a golden doily!
A saved-up Christmas present... 99,00 DM
that little sweetheart cost...
He was new ,moved into our drugstore and flaunted
In the special gondola in the middle of the department.
Yes this fragrance is a drift into oriental realms
A thousand and one nights.
But there he was, the new guy..
Did he get a chance?
Slowly I got rid of the bottle of his
Outer packaging.
Thought of mommy ,as she was then
also unwrapped the bottle...
Ohh ,the bottle is attractively mysterious..
Then the first test spray...
Sweetness... and vanilla is in the air, surrounded by it From patchouli ,
A very warm and full scent, from the jasmine comes some lightness and freshens up the slightly darker patchouli! The pink pepper combines everything very harmoniously!
I can't smell coffee...
The fragrance lasts well, it will last for about 6 hours The patchouli alone also longer...
Portable for me ,in the evening or on shopping tour .
This opium is not related to the opium of old days!
Nevertheless, it is very well portable and will certainly find
new admirers.
But old love does not rust :-)).
A great character scent!
With my sister-in-law I was already allowed to take a sniffer from the Black Opium and found him insanely great! However and after long research I noticed quite fast that there are several versions and the bottle, which I will possess now soon, is probably a more or less harsh version, but I prefer it nevertheless substantially. If you consider that I was actually critical of opium because I still know the original opium and this is not really my taste ... In any case, after the first snoop at my sister-in-law's, I got a sample, which is a bit harsher version, and I think this opium is really great. The coffee note stands out very nicely and that with a discreetly sweet underline, simply great! In any case, it is an after-sale product, because it is not so intrusive and in my opinion suitable for everyday use!

Stronger than anything
When I First tried this piece, it reminded me another perfume, From Yodeyma. Its called Celebrity Woman. Its heavy, floral, oh my God, Just very strong. But this one? Black Opium? Its much stronger! Little bit sweet, not for fresh perfume lovers definitely. Some people have headaches from this one. I would not even say its somehow special. No. Opium is only one.
It's okay
The scent is ok, but please dosed correctly.

In the summer it is unfortunately very strong, would recommend it rather for the winter.

The other day in Cologne he had almost every third one on him, most of them unfortunately much too strong for such a warm weather.

Got it too, but don't wear it much. But I wouldn't buy it again.

CatarinaCatarina 1 year ago
Strong, deep, dark and sweet! It's my conceprion of a perfume for a very well dressed lady ready for a glamorous night out. Luv it!
PolarrfoxPolarrfox 1 year ago
Very sweet, floral and heavy scent. Stronger than makes me headaches. Really. Real opium is only that one. These ones are Just... Not good.
PBullFriendPBullFriend 5 years ago
Loud, synthetic La Vie est Belle, but with added fruit jam and skunky beer. Hurts my head! Mostly useful for military purposes, I suspect.

by ChopIsland
by Jsmnlmr
by Darkwhite
by Darkwhite

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent