Black Opium 2019Eau de Parfum Intense

Black Opium (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent
Black Opium (Eau de Parfum Intense) is a new perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Coffee, Blue absinthe, Jasmine sambac absolute, Sandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 01.10.2020.

Marleen1201
Has what the original is missing
Black opium is more for me. I don't think it's bad, but it's rather short-lived and quite a uniform mash. This one has that certain something that I miss in the BO. I smell more coffee, which makes it more interesting. I also clearly smell the absinthe, slightly herbal and mysterious. But that's the shelf life for me again. My skin devours perfume. So does this one. Also quite weak. My better half says "It's fresh, it's quite alright for a change". That was not the reaction I had expected
pudelbonzo
Irish Coffee with icing on the cake
Yesterday, my perfume saleswoman offered me Black Opium intense - which I immediately identified as a treat.

I also like to meet the Ur Black Opium and was curious about this flanker.

I had a delicious Irish Coffee in front of my eyes - topped with a fluffy creamy icing on the cake.

I myself do not drink alcohol, but I like to smell it in various drinks - so also in Intense.

The jasmine brightens the fragrance - and sandal nestles into it.

A trusting scent that gives you the impression of a buzz - without having consumed alcohol.

In any case, you are spared a tomcat - only the association of a cuddly cuddly cat remains.

For me a sensual fragrance that goes well with my Ur Black Opium
DonJuanDeCat
In the night the ladies lurk and smell damn sweet!
Hello you beasts (by that I mean you ladies, but I mean that in a nice way, honestly :D)!
Yesterday I introduced Aquolina "Sweet Me", a rather grottenschlechten, sweet fragrance, today I introduced Black Opium EDP Intense by Yves Saint Laurent, a quite sweet and synthetic fragrance, which smells much better and you can "see" here how to make sweet and/or synthetic fragrances right.

First of all I should say that such scents do not meet everyone's taste, so that some of you might not like this scent despite my rating. For those who like such a fragrance but like it well, this is a great night scent (even if there are better ones). A fragrance to look especially sweet and sexy, with which they then amble out somewhere at night to unsuspecting guys to jump at them and... buy themselves a drink? Sure, until the next, better looking guy appears and you get thrown into the water like a lump of stone, bu hu hu hu :DDD Bah, I shouldn't write about sexy scents if I'm not in a good mood, otherwise I only complain more about beastly ladies, he he he :D

But no matter, let's first get to the scent!

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins sweet and slightly bitter. The sweetness comes mainly from jasmine, there's a tart note that I can't quite identify (which is the absinthe?), and it smells of coffee, but because of its sweetness it looks like sweet iced coffee to me.
It also contains powdery notes that soften and soften the fragrance and enhance the radiance of a feminine fragrance.
This will be intensified even more later, because the scent is quite creamy and soft due to the powdery and sweet notes as well as the shot of coffee, which can hardly be smelled later, which is not only pleasant but also sexy.
On the whole, the fragrance remains as just described, but I find that in the later base it begins to smell a little too sultry, because I then find the floral notes a little too heavy. Apart from that, the fragrance has something nice about it and looks quite sexy for a while, even though it hasn't become a very complex fragrance or even something completely new.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good, even if I wouldn't call it extremely room-filling. Nevertheless, the scent is very good at a smellable. The shelf life is quite high with twelve hours and even more.

The bottle:
The bottle has the typical shape of all opium fragrances. It is therefore slightly oval with a large "porthole" in the middle which allows a glimpse into the scent liquid. This time the bottle itself has been coloured bluer than violet, otherwise the well-known glitter elements "stick" to it. Due to the blue colour of the bottle everything looks like a night sky with many stars. The lid is hemispherical and acts like a button to press. All in all a beautiful bottle.

Soo, so I liked the smell. I found both the sweetness of the fragrance and the coffee note quite nice. As mentioned at the beginning, this fragrance is actually quite synthetic, but in a way where the fragrance doesn't look too cheap, but this synthetic is just typical for certain mainstream fragrances. She doesn't bother me here, but I can imagine that this fragrance certainly doesn't suit everyone's taste, even if I think it's not just a fragrance for very younger girls. Especially, because after a few hours the fragrance gets heavier (which I could have done without, but that's a matter of taste).

From the smell direction it is however no everyday smell, but more so suitable for going out. That can be to a Date (*seufz* I should have also times ... :D), to the dancing and/or abfeiern go, simply only hot and sexy work and such things evenly. All this is best in autumn and winter, as it could be overwhelming in summer because of its sweetness.

So I would recommend that you try it, but since I already said that not everyone will like the scent, I hope that you don't complain too much if you sacrifice an arm for the scent and the scent actually doesn't suit you :D

I'm done with that again. I wish you all a nice evening, and until next time :)
Leonora82
A little bit of erotic elegance
Blindly I bought the scent at the airport. From
Bottle I was immediately convinced and simply had to add this fragrance to my collection. Meanwhile I own every scent of YSL. I was very skeptical, because I often fell on my nose with "Intense" fragrances. Unfortunately, many smell like the once original. But here the coffee and the creamy sweetness clearly stand out. If you spray on the scent, a light breeze of coffee rises into your nose. Basically I am not a friend of this fragrance, but here it fits like a glove. After some time the slightly creamy sweetness is added. It smells like latte to me. But really tender. The vanilla defuses this scent a little and makes it rounder, but in any case much more "Intense" than the original. Of course, when you sniff it, you immediately notice that it's Black Opium. The Sillage is enormous and perhaps too much for one or the other. The waiting room at Doctor Stefan Frank's is definitely filled. And whether the one or the other lady or the one or the other gentleman will agree with it remains to be seen. Otherwise, the fragrance is very beguiling and erotic in its very own way. I've been approached many times now, especially by my male contemporaries. Some find the scent attractive and wanted to know the name, others wanted to know the time
CandyScent
A drama in three acts...
...spoilers: There's a happy ending!

I like the great black opium very much. Unfortunately he had to move out again sooner or later because his H+S (on me) disappointed me.
So I was accordingly hot for the Intense variant, I hoped for more "steadfastness" from this one.

From a nice online retailer in Italy, I was lucky to get a bottle. This arrived today and the fragrance was immediately generously applied with a great deal of anticipation...

1. Act: I cheer with delight! Shortly after spraying, I am enveloped in an incredibly intense and dark-fruity breeze, paired with the full aroma of a freshly brewed black coffee. According to the fragrance pyramid the blue absinthe should also have a guest appearance here... Unfortunately I don't have a clue how Absinthe should smell. With alcohol I like it, surprise - surprise, namely rather fruity and sweet.

2. Act: All of a sudden the love snout takes on dramatic traits! The heart note spreads and creeps out, in the form of the now well-known 'Jasmin-Sambac'. Suddenly the scent changes completely and reminds totally of "Alien" by Mugler.
I am madly disappointed, almost angry about this development. I have nothing against "Alien" in itself, I even possessed it for a long time. But... If I want to smell like "Alien", I'll use "Alien"!

I'm annoyed when I let go of my wrist. Cursed everything and everyone. (Hey, it's a drama!) But then...

3. Nude: The salvation comes in the form of an espresso macchiato, crowned with vanilla milk foam. He hits the evil Jasmin into flight or pushes her into the background in such a way that she still remains perceptible - but at least the alien was shot back into space.

Relief spreads. The audience breathes a sigh of relief, applause resounds. That's how it should be, that's how it can stay. It does! Because H+S are really successful and the beautiful, deep blue shimmering bottle rightly carries the addition "Intense".

All's well, all's well

Jazzy76Jazzy76 20 months ago
Intense? not for my nose. I only smelled a lightly flowery scent , but no absynth magic touch, no vibrant Jasmine. What a damage. High price

Don't drink and drive!
by CandyScent
~ Die höchste Form des Glücks ist ein Leben mit einem gewissen Grad an Verrücktheit~Erasmus v. Rotterdam
by Sunshine00

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent