Black Opium (2019) Eau de Parfum Intense

Black Opium (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent

Black Opium (Eau de Parfum Intense) is a new perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Coffee, Blue absinth, Jasmine sambac absolute, Sandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 24.03.2019

Leonora82
A little bit of erotic elegance
Blindly I bought the scent at the airport. From
Bottle I was immediately convinced and simply had to add this fragrance to my collection. Meanwhile I own every scent of YSL. I was very skeptical, because I often fell on my nose with "Intense" fragrances. Unfortunately, many smell like the once original. But here the coffee and the creamy sweetness clearly stand out. If you spray on the scent, a light breeze of coffee rises into your nose. Basically I am not a friend of this fragrance, but here it fits like a glove. After some time the slightly creamy sweetness is added. It smells like latte to me. But really tender. The vanilla defuses this scent a little and makes it rounder, but in any case much more "Intense" than the original. Of course, when you sniff it, you immediately notice that it's Black Opium. The Sillage is enormous and perhaps too much for one or the other. The waiting room at Doctor Stefan Frank's is definitely filled. And whether the one or the other lady or the one or the other gentleman will agree with it remains to be seen. Otherwise, the fragrance is very beguiling and erotic in its very own way. I've been approached many times now, especially by my male contemporaries. Some find the scent attractive and wanted to know the name, others wanted to know the time
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

CandyScent
A drama in three acts...
...spoilers: There's a happy ending!

I like the great black opium very much. Unfortunately he had to move out again sooner or later because his H+S (on me) disappointed me.
So I was accordingly hot for the Intense variant, I hoped for more "steadfastness" from this one.

From a nice online retailer in Italy, I was lucky to get a bottle. This arrived today and the fragrance was immediately generously applied with a great deal of anticipation...

1. Act: I cheer with delight! Shortly after spraying, I am enveloped in an incredibly intense and dark-fruity breeze, paired with the full aroma of a freshly brewed black coffee. According to the fragrance pyramid the blue absinthe should also have a guest appearance here... Unfortunately I don't have a clue how Absinthe should smell. With alcohol I like it, surprise - surprise, namely rather fruity and sweet.

2. Act: All of a sudden the love snout takes on dramatic traits! The heart note spreads and creeps out, in the form of the now well-known 'Jasmin-Sambac'. Suddenly the scent changes completely and reminds totally of "Alien" by Mugler.
I am madly disappointed, almost angry about this development. I have nothing against "Alien" in itself, I even possessed it for a long time. But... If I want to smell like "Alien", I'll use "Alien"!

I'm annoyed when I let go of my wrist. Cursed everything and everyone. (Hey, it's a drama!) But then...

3. Nude: The salvation comes in the form of an espresso macchiato, crowned with vanilla milk foam. He hits the evil Jasmin into flight or pushes her into the background in such a way that she still remains perceptible - but at least the alien was shot back into space.

Relief spreads. The audience breathes a sigh of relief, applause resounds. That's how it should be, that's how it can stay. It does! Because H+S are really successful and the beautiful, deep blue shimmering bottle rightly carries the addition "Intense".

All's well, all's well

Jazzy76 41 days ago
Intense? not for my nose. I only smelled a lightly flowery scent , but no absynth magic touch, no vibrant Jasmine. What a damage. High price+1
5.0