Body Kouros (2000) Eau de Toilette

Body Kouros (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent
Bottle Design: Alain de Mourgues
Body Kouros (Eau de Toilette) (Yves Saint Laurent)

Body Kouros (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2000. The scent is sweet-oriental. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesEucalyptus, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesMace, Chinese cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Camphor tree wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.11.2018

Unrelated to Kouros, but a real keeper!
Benzoin, synthetic incense and sour balsamic-anisic greenish herbs (eucaliptus and sage) is exactly what you get at the opening, soon developing a warm, rather bold anisic-almondy aftertaste which I wouldn’t know which note to attribute to exactly – quite sure there’s spices here, definitely tonka above all, as I get a whole sweet Oriental base accord, made smokier by that woody incense note. So, shortly a sweet, kind of soft but at the same time round and bold (almost heavy actually) balsamic and nearly-heavily spiced anisic-resinous-herbal Oriental blend. Not the slightest connection to Kouros to pretty much any extent; but still a remarkable scent to say the least, more than versatile and easy to wear, really “simple” and effortless – almost naif and slightly tacky for the first hour or so (far less than it may have been with these notes, though). Then, after some three or four hours, an unexpectedly mellow and “grey” late-drydown arrives, with a really peculiar sort of discreet and dusty incense-starch note that reminded me of the smell of freshly-laundered garments. Slightly aromatic, kind of “gassy” and breezy, really clean. And nearly completely different from what came before, to any extent; the heavy spices are gone, not much more sweetness left, just this immensely enjoyable thin fog of almost-avantgarde smoky incense with an anisic vein and a crisp substance. Quite a twist if compared to the almost juvenile and kind of flashy early stages, which are more all about thick resinous spices. I wouldn’t define Body Kouros a gem, but we’re almost there - a true keeper for sure, with a quite distinctive informal and playful vibe then unexpectedly and effortlessly morphing into a classy and enveloping drydown.

8/10

P.S. I wasn’t aware this has been (allegedly) “heavily” reformulated, but just in case - my bottle is the older one.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
Creamy Benzoin...
I love this fragrance! It's made by perfumer Annick Menardo who always takes unusual notes and never disappoints in her creations... Bvlgari Black, Dior Bois d'Argent and Lolita Lemipcka Au Masculin, each one of them different, unique and outstanding...

Body Kouros is no exception... It is a creamy, resinous benzoin and eucalyptus fragrance (seriously, how many fragrances do you know that have that note?). It is at times resinous, camphorous & balsamic... and has a hint of something slightly herbal or medicinal (almost menthol-like), which comes from the eucalyptus and mace (clary sage). But it really is all about the creamy benzoin and incense. Benzoin as a note has a very vanillic type smell... and this does smell like vanilla, a very creamy, resinous, dark vanilla (along with amber). I love it!

I picture perhaps an old temple or cave somewhere in Asia... it has this really exotic smell which I can't put my finger on. The design of the bottle I think also reflects this aspect (I own the older bottle).

I think either men or women could wear this fragrance... but it would smell incredible on a man, as it's sweet, but in a very dark, seductive way. It's a great one, quite underrated in my opinion. A really great, dark, sweet choice for men, and any daring women!
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
"GORILLAS IN THE MIST."
Muscular. swarthy. animal -heat... cooled down by eucalyptus.

Not for kiddies. Body Kouros has an omni present and misty sillage in cooler weather. It's deep, smoky, medicinal character suggests adult sensuality in those conditions: Winter air teemed with cool vapors of eucalyptus, holds a brawny benzoin hostage...A touch kinky. But in warmer temperatures... the output intensifies; provoking the beast within. Body Kouros goes Primal ! Overwhelming it's prey with an ardent, resiny, incense sweetness.

Either way, this one pushed one of my already favorite perfumers, Annick Menardo, to the TOP of my list.

Provocative, and brilliant !

( and I'm not just talking about Annick. )

(Added per request: This fragrance projects well on me with 2 to 3 sprays for the first 3hrs (in cool weather). After which, the sillage becmoes moderate for another 2-3. With a still detectable base scent that totals about 6 or 7hrs.)
Scent 10.0/10
a sweet,creamie scent!
this is a growing fragrance for me, when i worn it the first time i was a Little bit negative about it, but the more ive worn it,the more i love it, and now i can say this is a masterpiece, the mainnotes is vanilla and incense and a Little bit sweet eucalyptus in the background.
its a very sweet and creamie fragrance!!!

one of my favorites and good price too, my other favorites is more expensive, so if you look at the price of this masterpiece i cant give it Another score than 100%
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Wonderful!
Body Kouros is an outstanding fragrance!

Very unique, the eucalyptus note mixed with the incense note gives an edge for this scent.

Also there's a sweetness that's not bubble gum type which is present in many actual releases.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are great.

Definetely worth it!
Sexy and attractive!
I don't personally own this perfume, my boy friend does, and it left a really strong impression on me. I think it is one of the best male perfume (in terms of attracting females) so far in the market.
The perfume is somehow attractive and strangely unlike other common male's cologne. The fragrance contains something else, very passionate, sexy, gorgeous and a bit sweet just right enough to makes me turn my head around, wonder what it was every time it touches my nose.
Advice from a female: Guys you really should try out this one!
Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Intoxicating.....
Body Kouros is 1 of the better modern offerings from Yves Saint Laurent, altho the majority of there frags are rather interesting & different! I get a sweet cotton candy smell at first with a hint of incense. The incense is never really strong to my nose...I get Eucalyptus, camphor, anise & incense! It is beautifully constructed with great longevity & leaves a nice trail to follow as well. When it starts to dry down, i am left with a sweet, gooey marshmellow effect with the camphor still being present! last a very long time on me which is great for an EDT! Works the best for me in fall/winter like weather! Its an 8.5/10! Kudos to the house of Yves Saint Laurent!

• by Epimedes by Epimedes