Cinéma 2004 Eau de Parfum

Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent
Bottle Design Line Vautrin
Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Incense City

Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
VanillaVanilla
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.07.2021.

Farewell, beloved friend.

At Louis Vuitton at the perfume counter:
"Excuse me, may I ask what fragrance you are wearing?"
Private:
"That smells good in here, who is that?"
and the constant "What are you wearing?"
That's what I can expect when I wear Cinema.
And I wear Cinema, and how I wear it!For 15 years. Almost every day, almost all the time.

Except on the warmest days of the year, and not even the coldest.
And, when I want to hold back, because I always, really always get called on it.
People love him... on me at least.
If the fragrance is repurchased, one does not like him on himself so, more often not at all.
How many times I've come so already to new bottles, I may not even betray.
Unfortunately, is the formulation of my last 2 30ml bottles of significant difference.
The power is almost lost, has lost much of its magic.
The warmth is missing.
The power is no longer felt.
He often disappears secretly now, though in the past he sometimes stayed for days, or at least 24 hours.
At the laundry also sometimes weeks - without exaggerating.

On my search for possible reasons, I thereby but only conjecture found, I came across terrible news.
Cinema is being discontinued.
Confirmed by overly ambitious customer service.
And so it is indeed a long-announced farewell.
A stealthy one. One of the cowardly kind.

What I have in the closet is enough for the next 10 years. It still hurts.
I'm bad at goodbyes.

But maybe... we'll see each other again sometime.
Cinéma - come celebrate our 17th anniversary
17 years long accompanies me this fragrance now already -
exactly as old I was when I was allowed to smell him for the first time.

I still remember the moment exactly ... I was a schoolgirl, had bought something at Douglas and got the obligatory perfume sample. On the bus on the way home, I sniffed it curiously and sprayed it in the air. At first I thought: hmm, nothing special but also somehow interesting, different from all the scents I had smelled so far. It definitely stayed in my mind. The next morning I sprayed the sample for the first time on my skin.
From then on, our love story began. The fragrance became more and more pleasant, the citrus what I usually do not like so laid down and gave way to the warmer nuances - which I like incredibly.

Throughout the day, I kept smelling my wrist. I had not found a scent that was "my" scent until this point. Which corresponded so completely to me. I harvested over the day distributed several compliments and had to stand speech and answer to my new perfume. Still in the afternoon I stood again with Douglas and got hold of my first bottle of Cinéma.

I don't even know how many I have already repurchased of it in all these years. Many in any case, because he has become my absolute and so far undisputed number 1.

It makes me very sad to read more and more often that the production is discontinued and he will soon go from us. I had hoped to be able to celebrate also still another 25-year anniversary with him.
Duftblüte
Tangerine on petals in a bed of vanilla
I just wanted to write a response to the previous review, but soon realized that I was instead describing my own experience with this fragrance. So it became just but rather its own review.
It always fascinates me how differently a fragrance can be experienced. I smell here nothing bitter at the beginning, but mainly tangerine, which becomes quite soft after a short time by almond. It recedes somewhat into the background over time, but still accompanies me there for a long time and provides a quiet freshness, like a gentle counterpoint to the now emerging sweetness and the first hint of vanilla. At the same time, more floral scents rise to my nose, especially the scent of jasmine. The whole is carried by the warmth of musk and amber. At the end remains a warm, powdery vanilla, which lasts on my somewhat difficult skin for hours, albeit very close to the body.
For me, Cinéma is a subtle, flattering fragrance that more or less always goes. He does not overwhelm and fits especially well for spring and summer and is probably less suitable for the very big appearance. For sure this Cinéma will be a permanent part of my collection for a long time.
MollySmith
Powdery mandarin, almond and amber
At first, Cinema smells almost bitter, like bitter almond perhaps, and a bit pungent. I'm not a big fan of the first notes, honestly. :) But after a few minutes, that bitterness is gone and I smell tangerine with a hint of almond. The tangerine is not fresh, without the sharp citrusy notes, a bit sweet and powdery. There is also some amber in the base, kind of in the similar style as Casmir Chopard. I found the scent particularly nice when I was out and about in the cold morning, it really came through in the chilly air.
Great cinema
Also this fine fragrance was allowed to move into my collection, he was long a wish candidate. Now he is with me and I want to try to put his olfactory aura into words.

Golden YSL lettering characterizes the clear rectangular bottle, like the credits of the contributors after a movie, the letters on the back seem. Whether it is a good movie ...?

I am curious. Wine is ready.
I don't have popcorn, don't need it.
The curtain's going up.
I make myself comfortable in my chair.
It's getting dark.
3 -2-1- start.
After the usual commercial break comes the blockbuster. The movie begins.

Supporting actors: light Mandarin ladies open, dancing lightly along, chatting, whispering. Silly they leave small traces, the shell remnants are visible everywhere.
Impossible, can someone clean that up!!!

Now small inconspicuous almond boys appear, rather cheekily,
however, they are extras and only appear briefly as subtitles.
They disappear after clear instruction of the director more or less involuntarily in the background and make then the following cuddly and lovely leading lady Vanille place.

Tush! Lots of music and light - diva-like Ms. Vanille moves amid white flowers, she is the star. Soft, white and fluffy she floats along and enchants everyone present. Blossoms and vanilla dance together for a long time in a lulling way that makes you a little sleepy.

Suddenly there comes a windy Amberkerl along, such a conceited thing.
Wasn't in the script at all. Wants to unite with the vanilla, which of course resists.
Dirty sex scenes ensue. OMG, is that PG?!?!?
The intoxicating union continues, sweaty musky vapors enveloping the two.

The director rages. He said they should stick to the script. So it is interrupted and the Amberkerl thrown out. He's gone.

He's gone. He's gone
The vanilla is saved, takes a final bow and blows away. Little minx.

Credits.

A smut flick with a happy ending. It is now already dark in the cinema hall, the cleaning lady clears away the tangerine peels and other traces.....

I'm delighted with the lovely cast.
A heady scent strip, fine and with a bit of scandalous dirt.

Will be saved and stored professionally.

;-))))
Vanilla?
Based on all the positive reviews and because I love vanilla in fragrances, I blind ordered this scent. It sounded everywhere, as if it were a warm vanilla fragrance. But unfortunately, this turned out to be a bad buy.

On my skin I notice a lot of citrus, incredibly floral and then the scent immediately transitions into jasmine, which remains dominant. It is a delicate elegant jasmine, which I like very much but from vanilla no trace, not even from almond.
I doubted myself and tested therefore also on a strip. But the impression repeated itself and I perceived only much citrus and floral and especially jasmine. A few hours later, I could actually smell a nice almond on the strip and a bit of warmth came into the scent, which doesn't want to show on my skin but no trace of vanilla there either. Maybe I'm scent blind here too. Very strange anyway.

The fragrance itself is an elegant, sensual, adult, very feminine fragrance, although for me exclusively floral and therefore well suited for spring as well as summer. He goes for any occasion and does not antagonize, is quite linear in the course with good durability and moderate to low projection depending on the dosage. I could see many liking it and the almond and vanilla coming out great with different skin chemistry. In addition, the jasmine note is implemented here class.
I personally find him quite well done but he is unfortunately not what I was looking for. Therefore, the bottle may like to move on. Who is interested, may write with pleasure
Amortentia and Felix Felicisin a
I bought Cinema as a bottling from a dear perfumer (thanks again!), after I had seen it at Lenis Scents. Since I smell vanilla, almond and citrus extraordinarily gladly, I wanted to test "Cinema" absolutely. I had to pull myself together to not order it blindly. Due to the price, however, reason prevailed and I dutifully tested him first extensively by filling. The tube was quickly empty and I started to wonder: should I order the fragrance "in bulk"? Actually, I am grad quite rigorously to sort out, think thoroughly whether and who may move in new (fragrance-wise) and am generally sorting and rearranging. I don't want to buy blindly anymore, just because the fragrance pyramid is so great, only to have fragrances at home that I wear once, don't convince me and then I reach for the few all time favourites again. Collecting well and good, but at some point every perfume tilts, and then it's a shame.
With "Cinema" my heart had already decided, and the mind I still gave a few weeks to think.
Ultimately, my brain gave the heart right, and so "Cinema" soon expanded my collection.

I've already outed myself as a Harry Potter fan here, and fortunately there are more of them in the community :-D they know there's a love potion that smells different to everyone, depending on what he/she is attracted to. And there's "Felix Felicis", the golden potion that makes you feel lucky for a certain amount of time and makes all your plans succeed. "Cinema" is somehow both for me, although I like to smell 100 things, and you can not capture, for example, scents of loved ones.
If I spray it on, the scent makes me happy and I have the feeling that it will be a good day. At the same time, I'm so in love with the aromas that float around my nose that I can't help but smile. And the golden color does the rest.

"Cinema" doesn't do much of a makeover for me. I once read that YSL belongs to the fragrances that are immediately present after spraying on. I can agree with that.
The fragrance starts creamy-citrusy and becomes powdery at the end. I smell the sweet almond, the tangy clementine, which accompany me happily until the end. Amaryllis and jasmine make an interesting combination that is never too loud or overbearing. "Cinema" finishes warm and soft with vanilla and musk. The longevity is very good, I can still smell it quite well into the evening. Sillage is medium to good, but then I don't spray much. 2 sprays on the back of the neck, so as not to irritate baby's delicate little nose. With 4 sprays one creates with certainty quite a large fragrance trail.
I find that you notice his price, he smells quite luxurious, but still likeable.
Also, it's a crowdpleaser without being boring or mainstream. It has class, style and elegance.

"Cinema" is not made for very young wearers in my opinion. You have to be ready for this yet rather unknown fragrance from the house of YSL. So from 25 (oh dear, am I old at 30?) He also comes across credible. I think it goes wonderfully with festive occasions, but it's also great for work, strolling around town or meeting friends. Only as a Sunday cuddle fragrance I can imagine it less, for that it's really too opulent and somehow also too bad. Besides, there are beautiful gourmands to snuggle up with. "Cinema" wants to be worn, to be seen. And when we are all allowed out again, he will certainly be allowed to accompany me to the cinema ;-)
The Easy-Grab Vanilla...
The "easy grab vanilla" , so it says according to Leni from Lenis Scents. Since I am an absolute fan of vanilla scents, I came according to good reviews, various recommendations on YouTube, etc. not at all around it, than to look at this fragrance more closely. The fragrance pyramid appealed to me directly; however, I didn't make the purchase until the opening was described as fresh/fruity, slightly herbaceous and creamy. That's when it hit me & I quickly ordered the scent - of course, it was another blind buy, but a very good one! The scent arrived & I was delighted. I know... a blind purchase is risky and it can backfire tremendously, but what I love is the excitement of unwrapping the scent until you spray it for the first time and decide for yourself "top" or "flop". For me in that case "top". In the opening, I first perceive citrus notes, which are quickly enveloped by the delicate almond. This is how the creaminess emerges for me. It joins in the heart jasmine and of course in the base the beautiful vanilla. Already after I perceive the almond, it is an absolute feel-good scent for me! What comes to my mind from that point on: a tender embrace, cuddly, dreamy.... The scent is sweet but not too sweet, everything just in balance. I also love wearing this scent to sleep. Okay, it's an understatement. Since I've owned it, I've been wearing it daily to sleep. Sillage is good, however, the durability could be even better BUT since the price-performance ratio is unbeatable, you can also safely re-spray this. A coordinated, round and for me personally "adult" vanilla fragrance. From me an absolute recommendation to test this fragrance once
bon et agréable
This perfume I wanted to test because he was described to me by many people as "expensive smelling". The fragrance components have convinced me then, so I let me get a bottling.
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. My expectations were not quite met. He smells sensual, enticing and gorgeous but that was it.
Clementine and cyclamen say goodbye fairly quickly and jasmine sets the tone, well delicate and luxurious, just not sacrosanct.
I can well imagine that this fragrance pleases the masses, as is the case with many other YSL. However, who is looking for something unrivaled, which should not buy this perfume blindly
Once "Peace to go"
This scent gives me peace - I can't say it any other way. This (more than just) vanilla scent is like the blanket that hugs you and caresses your soul - without being too heavy. Soft and feminine. Light and cuddly. The perfect cozy scent

TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Vanilla flavoured buttered popcorn.

by Pepdal
by PennyT
by PennyT
by Spring67
by Spring67
Danke Euch für die lieben Worte zum Foto :-)
by Nikolina
by Ninina
by Helianthe
by Helianthe

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent