Cinéma 2004Eau de Parfum

Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent
Bottle Design Line Vautrin
Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesClementine, Almond, Cyclamen
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmaryllis, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.02.2021.

Vanilla?
Based on all the positive reviews and because I love vanilla in fragrances, I blind ordered this scent. It sounded everywhere, as if it were a warm vanilla fragrance. But unfortunately, this turned out to be a bad buy.

On my skin I notice a lot of citrus, incredibly floral and then the scent immediately transitions into jasmine, which remains dominant. It is a delicate elegant jasmine, which I like very much but from vanilla no trace, not even from almond.
I doubted myself and tested therefore also on a strip. But the impression repeated itself and I perceived only much citrus and floral and especially jasmine. A few hours later, I could actually smell a nice almond on the strip and a bit of warmth came into the scent, which doesn't want to show on my skin but no trace of vanilla there either. Maybe I'm scent blind here too. Very strange anyway.

The fragrance itself is an elegant, sensual, adult, very feminine fragrance, although for me exclusively floral and therefore well suited for spring as well as summer. He goes for any occasion and does not antagonize, is quite linear in the course with good durability and moderate to low projection depending on the dosage. I could see many liking it and the almond and vanilla coming out great with different skin chemistry. In addition, the jasmine note is implemented here class.
I personally find him quite well done but he is unfortunately not what I was looking for. Therefore, the bottle may like to move on. Who is interested, may write with pleasure
Amortentia and Felix Felicisin a
I bought Cinema as a bottling from a dear perfumer (thanks again!), after I had seen it at Lenis Scents. Since I smell vanilla, almond and citrus extraordinarily gladly, I wanted to test "Cinema" absolutely. I had to pull myself together to not order it blindly. Due to the price, however, reason prevailed and I dutifully tested him first extensively by filling. The tube was quickly empty and I started to wonder: should I order the fragrance "in bulk"? Actually, I am grad quite rigorously to sort out, think thoroughly whether and who may move in new (fragrance-wise) and am generally sorting and rearranging. I don't want to buy blindly anymore, just because the fragrance pyramid is so great, only to have fragrances at home that I wear once, don't convince me and then I reach for the few all time favourites again. Collecting well and good, but at some point every perfume tilts, and then it's a shame.
With "Cinema" my heart had already decided, and the mind I still gave a few weeks to think.
Ultimately, my brain gave the heart right, and so "Cinema" soon expanded my collection.

I've already outed myself as a Harry Potter fan here, and fortunately there are more of them in the community :-D they know there's a love potion that smells different to everyone, depending on what he/she is attracted to. And there's "Felix Felicis", the golden potion that makes you feel lucky for a certain amount of time and makes all your plans succeed. "Cinema" is somehow both for me, although I like to smell 100 things, and you can not capture, for example, scents of loved ones.
If I spray it on, the scent makes me happy and I have the feeling that it will be a good day. At the same time, I'm so in love with the aromas that float around my nose that I can't help but smile. And the golden color does the rest.

"Cinema" doesn't do much of a makeover for me. I once read that YSL belongs to the fragrances that are immediately present after spraying on. I can agree with that.
The fragrance starts creamy-citrusy and becomes powdery at the end. I smell the sweet almond, the tangy clementine, which accompany me happily until the end. Amaryllis and jasmine make an interesting combination that is never too loud or overbearing. "Cinema" finishes warm and soft with vanilla and musk. The longevity is very good, I can still smell it quite well into the evening. Sillage is medium to good, but then I don't spray much. 2 sprays on the back of the neck, so as not to irritate baby's delicate little nose. With 4 sprays one creates with certainty quite a large fragrance trail.
I find that you notice his price, he smells quite luxurious, but still likeable.
Also, it's a crowdpleaser without being boring or mainstream. It has class, style and elegance.

"Cinema" is not made for very young wearers in my opinion. You have to be ready for this yet rather unknown fragrance from the house of YSL. So from 25 (oh dear, am I old at 30?) He also comes across credible. I think it goes wonderfully with festive occasions, but it's also great for work, strolling around town or meeting friends. Only as a Sunday cuddle fragrance I can imagine it less, for that it's really too opulent and somehow also too bad. Besides, there are beautiful gourmands to snuggle up with. "Cinema" wants to be worn, to be seen. And when we are all allowed out again, he will certainly be allowed to accompany me to the cinema ;-)
The Easy-Grab Vanilla...
The "easy grab vanilla" , so it says according to Leni from Lenis Scents. Since I am an absolute fan of vanilla scents, I came according to good reviews, various recommendations on YouTube, etc. not at all around it, than to look at this fragrance more closely. The fragrance pyramid appealed to me directly; however, I didn't make the purchase until the opening was described as fresh/fruity, slightly herbaceous and creamy. That's when it hit me & I quickly ordered the scent - of course, it was another blind buy, but a very good one! The scent arrived & I was delighted. I know... a blind purchase is risky and it can backfire tremendously, but what I love is the excitement of unwrapping the scent until you spray it for the first time and decide for yourself "top" or "flop". For me in that case "top". In the opening, I first perceive citrus notes, which are quickly enveloped by the delicate almond. This is how the creaminess emerges for me. It joins in the heart jasmine and of course in the base the beautiful vanilla. Already after I perceive the almond, it is an absolute feel-good scent for me! What comes to my mind from that point on: a tender embrace, cuddly, dreamy.... The scent is sweet but not too sweet, everything just in balance. I also love wearing this scent to sleep. Okay, it's an understatement. Since I've owned it, I've been wearing it daily to sleep. Sillage is good, however, the durability could be even better BUT since the price-performance ratio is unbeatable, you can also safely re-spray this. A coordinated, round and for me personally "adult" vanilla fragrance. From me an absolute recommendation to test this fragrance once
bon et agréable
This perfume I wanted to test because he was described to me by many people as "expensive smelling". The fragrance components have convinced me then, so I let me get a bottling.
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. My expectations were not quite met. He smells sensual, enticing and gorgeous but that was it.
Clementine and cyclamen say goodbye fairly quickly and jasmine sets the tone, well delicate and luxurious, just not sacrosanct.
I can well imagine that this fragrance pleases the masses, as is the case with many other YSL. However, who is looking for something unrivaled, which should not buy this perfume blindly
Once "Peace to go"
This scent gives me peace - I can't say it any other way. This (more than just) vanilla scent is like the blanket that hugs you and caresses your soul - without being too heavy. Soft and feminine. Light and cuddly. The perfect cozy scent
Nice cuddly vanilla scent
Cinema is a cuddly vanilla feel-good scent, but mMn is not made very refined and is rather linear.

Maybe some of you know Bettina Barty's Vanilla Body Lotion - I used to wear it on and off in my youth - Cinema really smells very similar! So if you want to save money you can use the body lotion ;-)

Nevertheless a good smell!

Alexiaamos
La señorita y la meretriz
Mi primer acercamiento con Cinéma de ysl se remonta a mi segundo primer año de universidad(2006) visitaba a mi amigo Felipe(felicon) quien recibiría en su departamento a tres estudiantes franceses de intercambio, con quienes compartiría su hogar. Elsa(rubia, alta, blanca con cara de poker 24/7,un amor) , Marion(hija de diplomáticos con ansias de perderse en el mundo, robusta, ojos de gata verdes como esmeraldas) y arturo(Dios griego multiplicado por Mil) Al saludar a Marion no pude evidentemente notar el perfume que llevaba, el que se mezclaba con un nada agradable olor a ropa húmeda, espere el momento indicado para preguntar por su fragancia entremezclando mi rudimentario francés y el español, justificando un poco mi presencia ahí solicitada por mi amigo.“Je ne peux pas m'empêcher de vous poser des questions sur le parfum que vous utilisez, qu'est-ce que c'est? " CINÉMA..me dijo y Ahí quedó, tiempo después de vez en cuando volvía a sentir el perfume pero siempre entremezclado con olor a ropa sucia, por ende siempre algo diferente. Hasta qué en una visita, vi el pequeño frasco en el living y patudamente lo puse en mi... Y.... UFFFF me pareció terrible (el Dulzor en ese momento me era menos tolerable que ahora) poderosisimo y por mi ph maximise las bondades de ese líquido, felicon me dijo que ya no lo soportaba jaaa.
Segundo acercamiento, años después(2008) trabajando en la barra de un Bar/Disco de estilo rockero, new wave, gótico, alternativo, noventero, kitsh llegó a pedirme un trago, una piscola creo que era, una chica muy muy perfumada y pum!!!! Viaje en el tiempo imágenes, los franceses, ropas sucia, carretes freaks, vino !!!. Cuál es tu perfume?(siempre pregunto) CINÉMA de guaiyesel, me dijo con su voz algo ronca y orgullosa, era una chica travesti que se preparaba para iniciar su noche, tres piscolas fueron su combustible... En ella adquirió una luz cítrica efervescente que no me hizo empalagar.
Tercer acercamiento 2011 luego del terremoto y en mi manía de recuperar volumen en lo perdido, llegué nuevamente a Saint Lauren y me hice de mi propia botella, costosa en ese momento pero mi T. O. C necesitaba de él, pese a no ser de mi total agrado. Al utilizarlo las primeras veces poco a poco fui cediendo a su encanto, y como no hacerlo si era una especie de mimosa amandarinada, intensisima que poco a poco desplegaba punzantes sparkling picosos resinosos, juntos con una vainilla almendrada verde que se tornaba algo licorosa sin llegar a ser algo cercano a un amaretto, absolutamente cálido, el jugo adquiría temperatura, tu nariz olía temperatura, como si el aire a tu alrededor se calentara al momento de sprayar el perfume. Absolutamente acogedor, con un secado almizclado suavemente floral y amaderado(ya no es así, lamentablemente lo deslavaron); indiscutiblemente elegante e innegablemente seductor, en mi mente se mezclaron las dos referencias anteriores,la de la Chica “Bien", burguesa que se perdía en la mundanal noche porteña, y la chica “mundana" que se vestía de “Bien" y gala para perderse en burgueses autos. Ambas vestidas de Cinéma, ambas protagonistas en el guión de sus propias y cinematográficas vidas.
Ambas perfumadas para siempre en mi memoria.

Nice is underrated
Just read the book of Nadja Spiegelmann, another halfway interesting book about neurotic families and the only passage that stuck to my mind so far is when she talks about her English teacher claiming that "nice" is not a compliment and the word should be abolished all together...and Nadja stating that years later she found out that nice is a really rare and valuable virtue.
What's wrong with nice?

Cinema is nice. Not overwhelming, but nice. Nice citrus, nice flowers, nice vanilla. Never too much of any. A little shy sillage- and longevity-wise. Nothing outstanding, nothing attracting attention. I heard comments like "nice", "boring", "unspecific","girly" most of the time.
I agree with mademoiselle Spiegelmann: nice is underrated.
Nice clothes, jewellery or even people usually don't catch your eye immediately but become close to your heart on the long run: while you are busy searching for even bigger excitment you might realise that you have grown really fond of the basic-piece-skirt that you just bought for a job interview, a string of pearls that was handed down to you from your grandmother and the girl that was never the center of the party or your attention when you first met but is now your best and most loyal friend.

I finished a bottle of the "boring" cinema because it's easy to wear, year round and to most occasions, and everyone likes it without cinema ever being too loud. And I bought another bottle. It is just comfy and simple and pleasant.
And that is really nice:)

Fleeting beauty
Beautiful, but so fleeting. I douse the heck out of her, and two hours later she is barely there. She is almost too discreet for me to be considered as an evening frag. So I will enjoy her more in the daytime, and carry the bottle with me to reapply every two hours. She gets the love sticker from me nevertheless, because she is truly beautiful, but I am still quite disappointed when it comes to her longevity.

Sweetgrass
A million iterations of the platinum blonde
I'm pleased that at least this perfume has the substance to divide opinions somewhat -- to my nose, Cinéma is very much a nice auntie kind of perfume. Definitely classy, always pleasant and well-mannered, never too much or too little. I detect a gourmand aspect, too, but whatever citric there is about it is so fleeting I couldn't pinpoint it.

The comparison to the glamour of movies stars of old is very apt. Beyond the obvious big names, those beautiful women came and went (as they still do) as soon as any sign of age crept in, always replaced by a younger version of themselves, never unique or remembered. That is what the glamour of the cinema is built upon, that neverending re/cycling of looks and maybe talent, and that is what I'm reminded of when I sniff Cinéma: the fifty flavours of vanilla pudding, varied just so those who consume their image won't get bored too easily but staying the same in their essence so the punters will keep coming back for more.

It's a well-made floral, oriental vanilla, and so generic it will probably remind you of loads of things you have smelled before. If Shalimar is too gutsy (or alternately old-lady) for you, Cinéma is a worthy contender for the favoured comfort/luxury scent. If you like that sort of thing, you will love Cinéma, an it certainly has its strengths; if not, keep looking.

TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Vanilla flavoured buttered popcorn.

by Pepdal
by PennyT
by PennyT
by Spring67
by Spring67
Danke Euch für die lieben Worte zum Foto :-)
by Nikolina
by Ninina
by Helianthe
by Helianthe

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent