Cinéma (2006) Eau de Toilette

Cinéma (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent
Cinéma (Eau de Toilette) (Yves Saint Laurent)

Cinéma (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-floral. It was last marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesClementine, Mimosa, Cyclamen
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite peony, Jasmine, Amaryllis
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, White musk, Bourbon vanilla

Submitted by Blanche, last update on 16.10.2018

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
"Limelight-scent"
I remember very well when this scent came out but I never tested before, I don't know why it didn't attract me in the past. Today, while I was coming home, I went in a drugstore for testing some scents and I found this fragrance too , so I decided to try it, finally. it was a very nice surprise.
Immediately the bright and fizzy clementine note came to my nose with its energizing and renvigorating effect (I was so tired!) , then I smelled the flowery bouquet, soft and well harmonized , extremely feminin. So, I thought: "Now I understand the reason of the name...maybe because it's a fragrance as bright as a movie star !"
At last, the vanilla base note arrived: round, sweet but not sweetish, perfectly balanced and cocooning, giving that special warmth to this "limelight-scent".
The longevity and the sillage are quite good although it isn't a heavy and so longlasting fragrance. it could be perfect for an event in crowded places because it's a pleasant and intoxicating scent , but quite discrete at the same time. Last but not least, the particular and refined squared bottle with the golden cap and the writings .
Ysl scent are usually quite expensive and this one too isn't cheap, but I think it could be considered one of the contemporary classics of the perfumery.Let's play to the movie stars!
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Cinema review
This is a review for a fragrance I rarely wear myself but i do enjoy it as something on to smell on others. Yves Saint Laurent's Cinema (edt version). Hope you enjoy the review.

Bottle 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
autumn dreaming
I love autumn, especially for its smells. Cinema's warm vanilla-balsamic scent reminds me so much of October evenings when the air feels crisp and clear and the maple leaves give off a slight sweetness as they curl up and turn brown on the lawn and crunch underfoot. I wore it a lot (during my air-conditioned evenings) to get me through the hottest parts of last summer (in the 90s F/33+C) and remind me that the soothing coolness is coming. It enchants me much less when the weather is actually cool, at which time it seems a little bit too high-pitched.

Jazzy76 34 days ago
Bright and fruity, pleasantly intoxicating, as bright as a movie star.Average sillage. I like it!+2
Bottle 8.0