Elle (2007) Eau de Parfum

Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent

Elle (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesLychee, Peony, Citruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Red berries
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.07.2019

Loaded with Cedar
In my search for an introductory patchouli fragrance, I've come across this beauty thanks to the great suggestions from the forums. At first application there's a lot of pink pepper, patchouli, and a little bit of red berries. In about 15 mins, comes the heart phase. Cedar lovers - Definitely go for this one! I smell a LOT of cedar and I mean a LOT of cedar! Whew! It's like the smell of a cedar closet. It's not bad but I think this is where a lot of people say they smell toothpaste or something medicinal. It can take that direction as well. So I can see what they're talking about. The dry down is my absolute favorite part... Sweet powdery patchouli with berries. YUMMY - but - I have to wait at least an hour to get there. I've tried this scent on a tester strip a while ago and remember not favoring it much. THIS is why I didn't. Because on a tester strip, I got stuck in the pepper, cedar, patchouli phase. Not bad but not my thing. It's not as feminine as I'd like my perfumes to be for at least half of its stay on my skin. Unfortunately, I cannot wait that long for an olfactory pleasure. It's a pass for me.
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Elle
Elle reflects the chicness of modern Womanhood confident
yet refined this scent is the new Era of the powerhouse
scents of the 80's a scent just screams HERE I AM JUST LOOK AT ME! commands your attention with just one spray.
Open zesty with Almalfi Lemon with a crisp and bitter
texture in a minute it dries a bit softer with Petals
of peonies with it's semi sweet airy scent floating in the notes, Sweet and succulent Litchi plump ripe with
the purest transformation to dark pink to bright Red
dries sweetly finishes the top Layer with intoxicating
nuances. Delicate and spicy pink pepper opens the second
layer turns the scent with a bit of dryness that adds
to the intensity Jasmine is very easy to detect in This scent and give off an greenish herbal smell.

The drydown or the bottom layer fades and the only
note i can pick up is the diluted silage of Patchouli,
and deep almost elusive patches of musk that finishes
this Scent.

What i also think why this scent is sexy the reason for this is the shape and the color of the flacon
Clean slender lines reminiscent of the perfectly
built and well groomed businesswoman domineering and
Sexual who put men in their place and also the color
the sexiest of all flacon colors conjours bright neon
signs of a nocturnal city, adds to the futuristic
minimalistic style of Today.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Elle MacPherson drenched in patchouli oil
It seems to me that patchouli has become increasingly popular in fragrances these days, even though there are still many people that dislike its scent.

Elle is very much dominated by the patchouli. There are many similarities between this fragrance and Dior's Midnight Poison, which reviewers before me have already noted.

This is patchouli in a dark, earthy and somewhat spicy sense. Not particularly feminine yet not unpleasant either. Delicate just isn't the right word here, Elle is actually quite strong and in some ways sharp.

In the top notes, the lemon, litchi and peony are rich and bold rather than being sweet and flirtatious as they are in most scents. The patchouli and vetiver tend to discourage the entire composition from becoming too sweet, too fruity or too flowery. The red berries seem to be the only competition with the patchouli in the heart, which tends to create an almost boozy-type smell.

Elle definitely has character in an alluring and powerful sense. This fragrance is not for a meek and mild woman. Elle is a demanding, attention-seeking, modernistic femme fatale.

Elle is in some ways too loud and dark for my tastes, even though I do enjoy patchouli in heavy doses. This fragrance does not suit my own personality, and even though it did agree with my chemistry, I couldn't feel comfortable wearing it.

by Andreas09