Elle 2007 Eau de Parfum

Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent
Elle (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLycheeLychee PeonyPeony Citrus fruitsCitrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine Red berriesRed berries
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.05.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Yeah, I like it.
and well, actually always better.
The first time I stumbled on the forum about Elle, looking for a replacement for Midnight Poison. Quickly, however, the thought of him was displaced by another fragrance (Vengeance Extreme).
A few months later, while shopping at the local Müller, this bright pink bottle with the golden package caught my eye. Only one tester was left on the shelf. Super, I thought, then you can test him yet. Two sprays on the Unteram, hmm ok fruity with a sweetish freshness, red fruits, beautiful but does not blow me away.
Actually, I had at that moment already made a hook to the fragrance, I do not have to have, you have yes Vengeance when it comes to a similar fragrance to Midnight Poison. Your collection has already grown so much lately and you do not have to have so many similar scents.
Nevertheless, the thought of Elle did not let me go in the next few weeks, seems as if he did something with my subconscious, the scoundrel.
So ordered the fragrance, the big bottle. He makes already what her, heavy in the hand and despite the really gaudy pink not kitschy. A real eye-catcher.

I must say I feel my fragrance differently than the tester in the Müller. He also starts fruity / citrus fresh with a certain sweetness, but here comes a certain spice in play, a slight sharpness that I like, he gives the fragrance but a small edge that does not let him go down in this mash of fruity sweet fragrances. The sweetness I feel also not at all as pappig, sticky rather than transparent and nevertheless the fragrance is already strongly perceptible at the beginning.
The rose shows up but soon and can assert itself well next to the red fruits that now come to it, at this time also disappears the slightly brizzelige pepper note that may tickle some in the nose.
After about 2 hours, the fragrance no longer radiates with me so much, but is still easily perceptible. After 4-5 hours, the scent is already close and still comes again and again so a breath that rises to my nose. Now the fragrance is also more grounded by the patchouli, becomes creamy, less sweet, rose and fruits are still to be guessed. After 6-7 hours I must already with the nose to the skin, now he says goodbye so slowly, unless you got what on the clothes ;-)
Does he have something of Midnight Poison? Kind of. Who likes Midnight Poison will also like this, if you do not take it so exactly.
Possibly it is because I bought Elle at the beginning of spring, but I find with still cool spring days he fits perfectly. I also feel him as a good mood fragrance, mood-lifting, somehow he has what of new beginnings, like nature in the spring. I've been wearing it for three days and it does me good.
She - elle
For the British TV series "Seven Faces of Women" Charles Aznavour sang the theme music in 1974, which Herbert Kretzmer composed and wrote the lyrics for: "She"!
(That women are supposed to have only seven faces, I doubt; or they're still very young.)
The charismatic man with such a distinctive voice also released a French version right away; except for the title "Elle/She," the two songs have nothing in common except for a remarkable woman worthy of this attention.
As you know, I also live with sounds, so I'm sure no one is surprised that since testing this fragrance, I can't get the already-forgotten "She" out of my head.

Fragrances of the house of Yves Saint Laurent are for me always a kind of "surprise egg": with many I stand on war foot. But again and again amazing fragrance creations are there and it is such a thing with "Elle".

Attracted me, of course, the peony; how could it be otherwise.

Already at the start, these large heavy flower heads appear and exude their beguiling fragrance.
In the first moment, the fruity freshness seems amazing: exotic lychee aroma and - yes, I think: lime, orange and possibly some splashes of grapefruit pep up their classic beauty.
Balsamic jasmine and again fruity scents (what berries might have gathered here?) spread summer vibrancy and make this fragrance composition dance in the air and play with the sun's rays.
Vetiver also gives this creature a certain earthiness, which is cleverly underlined by patchouli.
Thus presents itself here a symbol of self-confident femininity!

"Elle" spreads a certain lightness without being a lightweight!
A round, feminine fragrance that delights and accompanies life with a smile, opened up to me.
Even if I would not wear "Elle", our encounter was worthwhile:
Did "She" but showed me that Yves Saint Laurent will continue to offer me surprises.

Perfume dysphoria
Elle is misnamed. It's a dry woody floral that hardly falls on the feminine side, and that's only due to a watery-pink note of lychee and some red fruits. Everything else; the scratchy pink pepper, the lemon, the gritty indoles of sambac, papery flowers, what Luca Turin calls the Feu d'Issey bread-milk note, the patchouli and dark woods, all of them are not Feminine. The only other feminine note is a sweet powdery-woody in the base.
This isn't a criticism of the profile, just the name the marketers gave to it.
It actually works quite well, just not under the name She. 'He' might have been less incongruous, but either way, with it's inherent weirdness, this was always going to be an outlier, a non-conformist luking in it's square cut androgenous bottle.
Elle, this gritty 'feminine' with a hipster beard, should have had a metrosexual twin called Lui; with lavender and not lychee, and keeping the papery florals, but swopping out the dark woods for a plush oriental base. This suitably mixed up affair would be packaged in a bulbous curvy bottle in pink and grey. These two could have been the first Mix & Match pair, to be layered as you feel.
Like Alan Turing, Elle is a Code Breaker; unconventional, an outsider with a different point of view.
But is it a good perfume? I'm not sure.
As a feminine, it's adventurous, but the form - as well as the theme - is rather crude, and this would normally point to a masculine perfume. When seen from this perspective though, Elle seems to function rather better, and guys, it could be worth checking out. Just don't let the name put you off, because after all, gendering perfume is just as arbitrary as it is conventional.

Loaded with Cedar
In my search for an introductory patchouli fragrance, I've come across this beauty thanks to the great suggestions from the forums. At first application there's a lot of pink pepper, patchouli, and a little bit of red berries. In about 15 mins, comes the heart phase. Cedar lovers - Definitely go for this one! I smell a LOT of cedar and I mean a LOT of cedar! Whew! It's like the smell of a cedar closet. It's not bad but I think this is where a lot of people say they smell toothpaste or something medicinal. It can take that direction as well. So I can see what they're talking about. The dry down is my absolute favorite part... Sweet powdery patchouli with berries. YUMMY - but - I have to wait at least an hour to get there. I've tried this scent on a tester strip a while ago and remember not favoring it much. THIS is why I didn't. Because on a tester strip, I got stuck in the pepper, cedar, patchouli phase. Not bad but not my thing. It's not as feminine as I'd like my perfumes to be for at least half of its stay on my skin. Unfortunately, I cannot wait that long for an olfactory pleasure. It's a pass for me.

Elle
Elle reflects the chicness of modern Womanhood confident
yet refined this scent is the new Era of the powerhouse
scents of the 80's a scent just screams HERE I AM JUST LOOK AT ME! commands your attention with just one spray.
Open zesty with Almalfi Lemon with a crisp and bitter
texture in a minute it dries a bit softer with Petals
of peonies with it's semi sweet airy scent floating in the notes, Sweet and succulent Litchi plump ripe with
the purest transformation to dark pink to bright Red
dries sweetly finishes the top Layer with intoxicating
nuances. Delicate and spicy pink pepper opens the second
layer turns the scent with a bit of dryness that adds
to the intensity Jasmine is very easy to detect in This scent and give off an greenish herbal smell.

The drydown or the bottom layer fades and the only
note i can pick up is the diluted silage of Patchouli,
and deep almost elusive patches of musk that finishes
this Scent.

What i also think why this scent is sexy the reason for this is the shape and the color of the flacon
Clean slender lines reminiscent of the perfectly
built and well groomed businesswoman domineering and
Sexual who put men in their place and also the color
the sexiest of all flacon colors conjours bright neon
signs of a nocturnal city, adds to the futuristic
minimalistic style of Today.

1 short view on the fragrance
Jazzy76Jazzy76 8 months ago
I love so much this scent : discrete and classy, it smells of lipstick on my skin.
Unfortunately I don't find it anymore:(

Images

26 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Yves Saint Laurent

Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Babycat by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2002) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2011) / M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent