In Love Again Jasmin Etoilé 2006

In Love Again Jasmin Etoilé by Yves Saint Laurent
In Love Again Jasmin Etoilé is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2006. The scent is fruity-floral. It was last marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange BlackcurrantBlackcurrant Star aniseStar anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine StarfruitStarfruit
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood CedarCedar VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.08.2017.

Asphaltblume
Canned mandarins, wet dog and an alien flower UFO
"In Love Again Jasmin Étoile" crossed my path rather by accident, so I simply had to poach a test spray...

The top note is fruity and somehow toffee-like. I suspect amber as that often sports the same kind of pervasiveness.
Next the fragrance reminds me of the strange note of wet dog I find so typical for the Hermès Jardin fragrances and which I dislike. I'm not that keen on the smell of dogs even when they're dry.

So, ambrated wet dog.
I can't pair this up with the notes given: Aniseed? Well, perhaps it could be part of the wet dog smell, but that's no definite.
Jasmin? Nix. In the very first beginning I smelled something which reminded me of urine - should that have been the jasmin? If so, it snuck off quickly and thoroughly. That's lucky of course. A leaking wet dog would be too much.

Cassia - that should smell pleasantly like cinnamon and a bit like hay, but I can't smell any of that. What a pity.
Mandarin? Yes, but only the variety canned with syrup. Instead of being fresh and tangy it smells distinctively of cooked fruit with a metallic whiff from the can to boot. (Probably have been stored a few years past their best-before date...)
Sandalwood? Nope. Granted, that belongs in the base notes and they're not due yet.
Vanilla - a whiff, yes. Not obtrusive at all.
And cedar will probably become more pronounced in the base notes, but there's a whiff of pencil shavings noticeable already.

In Love Again Jasmin Étoile fades quickly, the wet Hermès dog straying on while the rest is dominated by canned mandarins and pencil. I don't get this fragrance at all. I would not even use it if someone gave it to me as it starts to give me a headache, too.

But then! Two and a half hours later, the heart note puts paid to canned mandarins and pencil shavings. Instead there is a resemblance to the Hermès Jardins fragrances. They too have this lovely and extremely foreign, no, this extraterrestial sweet flowery scent that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the notes listed. This lovely sweet flowery and arresting scent stays for hours, far into the faint but softly woody base note over which it hovers like a lovely UFO.

This fragrance is not for me, even if I am fascinated by the lovely alien flower scent. I'm not patient enough to sit through the wet dog and the canned mandarins until I like what I smell on my skin.
Im very very curious however what is this smell of wet dog turning into lovely alien flower. I'm sure it's nothing of the components usually given in fragrance note listings...

by Jani
by Jani

Popular by Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2002) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2011) / M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent