L'Homme (2006) Eau de Toilette

L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent

L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesBasil, Spices, Violet, White pepper
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.03.2019

10.0 4.0 7.0 10.0/10
I stopped listening to Jeremy
Honestly, what are some people actually presuming to do?! To explain a fragrance simply for ´´veraltet´´ because there is scrap like ´´Dior Sauvage´´ ?! I liked Jeremy very much, but when he said that, I just couldn't take him seriously anymore.

´´L´Homme´´´ is the so far only warm weather scent that I like 1.) and 2.) works on my skin.
In the top note, I get the most pleasant ginger I have ever smelt. The ginger harmonizes wonderfully with the bergamot, which makes the top note so incredibly delicious. Ginger and bergamot remain, but the spicy notes naturally come out more clearly, until I have a modern vetiver tone in the base, which smells sweetish.

I have worn the fragrance throughout the summer and am completely satisfied with it. I've received a lot of compliments and it lasts a good seven hours on my skin, while the first 1.5 hours have plenty of power. In the evening I put on ´´La Nuit de L´Homme´´, which also works wonderfully.

So people, if you want to have a horny, modern summer scent, I can highly recommend it :)
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10
Farneon
Dear gentlemen and WOMEN! :-)
Well, what should I think of YSL L'Homme personally? I own this scent, but I practically never wear it! It plays rather in the upper price range and every time I think to myself: "Noble is the scent, helpful and good!" ;-) But is it also as stated fresh-spicy, which is my preferred composition? There's a clear NO from me here!

Something seems to bother me about this EDT, and the crux of the matter is: I can't even say exactly what! There would be one of the numerous Flanker perhaps ideal for me, but the experience shows: The sports version would probably be too lax for me, the night version too sweet and I want to do without everything else if I already have a problem with the original!

It is actually less a problem of liking, however, but concerns rather the type question. I have now thought for a long time back and forth about how I should best express this, and have come to the following, possibly "amateurish" result: YSL L'Homme is actually too feminine for me! It has a flowery-powdery note in my nose, which I would rather smell at my lady of the heart than at myself!

YSL L'Homme is not powerful or striking, but rather balsamic, a little bit relaxed, a kind of "yoga mat fragrance" for the softie among men (not bad' meant). Although well balanced and of high quality, it will probably only be used very rarely by me ... What a shame!
7.0 6.0 6.0 6.0/10
Mainstream Blockbuster
Scentrack
The Killers – When You Were Young

L’Homme is an easy, likeable fragrance. It is clean, positive, light and inoffensive. L’Homme is a compliment getter from the opposite sex.
It opens with bright citruses, peppery ginger and to my nose unidentified spices. To me L’Homme has some chamomile tea soft vibe. On my skin cedar becomes very soon the main player. Very pale vetiver note lays beneath a clean cedar and musk. Tonka bean gives just a touch of sweetness, but I have to admit I couldn’t recognize it without a help of Fragrantica’s note breakdown.
The whole composition is extremely well balanced and tweaked. A lot of work is spent to make so approachable. Some may say is too simple and boring, but I consider L’Homme as a great example of a mainstream blockbuster and financial success.

Rating: 6/10

More on Scentimentalwords
6.0 2.0 4.0 3.5/10
fresh and cool ginger
it have a very fresh and nice opening note of ginger and lemon and suitable for spring season but unfortunately sillage is very soft and longevity is very weak .......
Bro-meh!
I can’t say I hate this, but this is surely the duller and blander YSL fragrance for men I’ve ever tried, together with the other couple of flankers they made out of this. It isn’t bad, the quality seems to me mildly good, and if you’re looking for a safe unpretentious gift for a non-fan of fragrances to wear all day long, all year round, this would be a nice choice with a decent price for the value. It’s a fresh, unobtrusive ginger-citrus-woody fragrance playing some aromatic fougère chords but with a decided “younger” vibe, focusing on sweet woods and spices (Envy for Men), and fresh-aromatic notes, with a conventional note of soft violet. Mellow and polished, sweet and boringly fresh, kind of “young” and if I got the term correctly, kind of “bro” too – the smoky-fruity sweetness, the extreme linearity, the overall dullness (but maybe bros need bombs? This isn’t, just in case). Miles away from what once was a mature and classy brand delivering delightful fragrances like M7 or Rive Gauche, they seem now more aimed at 20-something in need of boosting their sex agendas. Not bad as I said, but nothing really special.

6/10
7.5 2.5 5.0 5.0/10
Weak but good
L'homme is a great option for office and summer days. Actually it goes well on every occasion.

I like its ginger note combined with the sweetness of tonka bean in the base.

Do not expect something extraordinary, but just a good scent for every day.

Sillage, projection and lasting power are below average.

Updated January 2014
2.5 7.5 5.0 3.0/10
Drseid
OK, Even A Genius Like Ropion Can Have One Fail And This One Is It...
I can't stand this stuff. It is so generic, artificial and strong that I immediately want to get it off my skin. I get a faux citrus mixed with tonka beans and artificial ginger as a supporting note. It all comes together poorly and unwearable for me, at least. Ropion is extraordinarily talented, but this scent is not worthy of his name. I know L'Homme has a great reputation with the ladies, but I don't know what they see in it. Disgusting! On the positive side (I suppose), it has relatively good projection and unlike many other reviewers, longevity is at least average on my skin. Believe me when I say I wish that were not the case. Two tremendous thumbs down on this one. 1.5 stars out of 5.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10
Sexual and smooth
From what I've heard and observed, L'Homme has many female fans. I'm a definite fan, L'Homme makes a lovely, refreshingly spicy scent, with all the allure and appeal that makes it decidingly popular.

Woodsy, spicy and crisp sums up the whole composition in three simple words. This fragrance seems to suit any man of any age, regardless of the occasion or personality. Versatile enough to be worn casually, classically or to a strict suit and tie event.

The delicious spiciness was what immediately intrigued me when I first smelt L'Homme. I was not surprised when the sales assistant piped in with such praise with how popular this fragrance is as a present for lovers, family and friends.

I can distinguish an odd, tasty orange note, that seems to be neither the lemon nor the bergamot. Personally, this is what I feel makes this fragrance so amazing. I could smell this fragrance forever, just cuddle up to its wearer and relish in its woodsiness and deliciousness.

Some mention an aquatic type quality, and I slightly agree, even though it's not so noticeable that it drives the scent. I'm not so certain as to what makes this fragrance so sexy, but there is no contention as to its obvious sexual appeal.

The sillage and lasting power is excellent, lasting for what seems like forever and a day. There is absolutely nothing else to say. I highly recommend.

Yos 9 months ago
Way overhyped. Poor performance and meh smell. La nuit and its flankers smell better.+1
5.0
PMRP12 2 years ago
The gateway to my fragrance obsession. Universally appealing and appropriate for all seasons and occasions. Performance is disappointing.+1
6.0
10.0
Elysium 3 years ago
Albeit the opening is like the best promise, with the pungent and fresh-spicy smell ginger's smell, though it fades away so quickly, too bad!+3
5.0