L'Homme 2006 Eau de Toilette

L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent
L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

White pepperWhite pepper
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean
VetiverVetiver
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.10.2021.

Kadir25
A brief moment of happiness
Beforehand, I ordered this fragrance blindly, because I was previously tempted by various Youtuber.
Whether I am disappointed? Not at all.

For me, the fragrance starts with a cloud of citrusy scents accompanied by a (positive) spice blend that I can't specify.
Already at the beginning you notice that the fragrance goes into a depth, which is reminiscent of the character but not a powderiness, such as in Prada L'Homme, but stands on its own. Possibly this depth is offered by the violets. I can't really say for sure. But that is also completely irrelevant, because the fragrance is just brilliant for men.

Equally, however, one must criticize the durability of the fragrance. This is unfortunately below average... in the first 60 minutes you perceive the smell. Then you have to smell his clothes to be able to perceive him again. At least that's the case with me.
Despite this, I would recommend this fragrance all the time. Who wants to have a little longer fun with the fragrance, can buy a fragrance diffuser. Exactly the same I have also done. So you can spray again in the course of the day, if you want this then.
In appropriate online perfumeries, the fragrance will also be found at a reasonable price.

Bergamot, ginger and spices
An old-school contemporary, we might say. Aristocratic aroma whose bottle is very reminiscent of what it craves: disengagement. The cylindrical and hexagonal (on the lid) demonstrate that L'Homme is a perfume of contrasts: the freshness of the sweetened bergamot and strengthened by cedar. Vetiver is light, without the grass-pulled scent of so many other brands.

The image that reminds me is that of an austere man who suddenly changes his face to play with a child or a dog. In other words, seriousness and lightness in one package. And this is his great asset: loose but complementary pieces.

Versatile, from coffee to cocktails without ceasing to ooze charm. For a night out, there is already La Nuit. I don't quite think of it as a generic fragrance, but I would easily recognize it. I don't think it has changed the history of perfumery either, but it is an excellent creation.

I usually love a bomb fragrance, something that doesn't relate much to the Portuguese climate. But this one, despite not being one, has conquered a special place in my heart.

Longevity is reasonable, lasts about 4 hours close to the skin. The projection is poor. But the feeling of well-being and elegance is lasting. Allows you to spray clothes to enhance. It's not a cologne, it's a light fragrance, yes, but mature for people ditto (and I'm not talking about age, but about personality).

The question I always ask myself: is it worth it? As it was offered to me, I can't complain, but I warn about the tending high prices. It's not, in all honesty, worth more than €60/€70. There are others cheaper and equally classy, ​​but with much more performance. Only for those who are in love with the brand and/or can pay for it.
5 minutes, strong number, kiss, HDGDL
In the first hour one of the hottest scents that have ever come under my nose. After that, however, you can confidently pack another up without fear of having that mixed with L'Homme.
Best to wear only when you're indoors, because otherwise hardly noticeable

Love the scent
Just beautiful scent. PERIOD. I don't know how to describe this. Masculine, fresh and sweet at the same time, very versatile and mass appealing. Very safe to blind buy and you'll never regret it. It just lacks in performance, it doesn't long lasting frags. Love this?
Blind purchase
Blind bought because the La Nuit series has surprised me positively, unfortunately, came here the disillusionment.

The bottle itself is very nice as in the whole L`Homme series and makes something when he stands on the shelf.
The fragrance times applied and what do I smell? Freshness and soap.
A really soapy smell that smells in my opinion not after high-quality soap but similar to S Oliver so Pure. Somehow after chemical soap, it bergamot I still smell out what makes the fragrance a little more pleasant. For a designer fragrance in the price range I find it very bad when a 13€ fragrance has almost exactly the same soapy smell.
For my nose the fragrance is nothing.
I will give the fragrance a few more chances and then probably leave it to a new owner.
Maybe me?
It's been about a month now. I stood in the big M, then in the little D. I tried a lot. Everything was there. But only a few scent strips remained in my hand. One of them was L'Homme. I had to test it on my skin. Besides three other scents I left the city centre. The nose constantly swayed from one wrist/arm to the other.
One thing I stuck with, though. He smelled manly. But tender at the same time. A soapy freshness that captivated me. "I'm going to order that one! It suits me," I thought that evening. Still under the spell of the first two hours, I was sure to place an order the next day. But it didn't come to that.
Where are you going? After another two hours, I didn't even smell him. Pity. I won't buy a perfume without endurance! The chapter was closed for the time being.
Time has passed and it drove me back to the big M. Today remained until only about 15-20 minutes. "Hmm, I've seen that before... Boring... Everyone smells like that... Doesn't suit me..." I decided to go back to the YSL shelf. L'Homme should get another chance And there he was again! Could it be me? "But it won't last long!" said my inner voice of reason. "Take him," said the other me.
Pause for thought outdoors.
The decision was already made a month ago.
I didn't want to wait A short time later he was sitting in the side compartment of my car Have I found myself? Maybe

no longer relevant
I got YSL's L'Homme a while back and it never caught me, I never got into the hype and couldn't really understand its reputation I mean, yeah, it's nice, it's a nice, clean and gentlemanly fragrance but that's as far as I'd go.

Usually when I wear frags the first 2 or 3 times I get awful performance and it's after that when they start to work on my skin (don't know the reason or if this is the same for everyone) but somehow after a year owning and wearing this one I still get 4 hours, perhaps 5 if I spray heavily but that last is barely skin scent.

I'm not here to try to convince anyone, I like the scent and I understand the legacy of this fragrance however it's heyday seems to be far behind. Perhaps reformulations killed L'Homme perhaps it was the release of flankers like L'Homme Ultime which is far better smelling and performs way better (7-8 hours) that made this one obsolete
The Faded Beauty
There was a time when L'Homme was "The" spring/summer scent!

The spicy top note with ginger paired with the floral notes were magical and appealing. Without a doubt, this scent from back then had potential for the summer Signature. The fragrance I'm reporting about here dates back several years. My last full bottle, I emptied in 2015.

Lapsed by nostalgia, I made another attempt this year. To be on the safe side, I first bought a 40ml bottle. As it should turn out later, it was the right decision!

When the package arrived, directly unpacked the scent. Bottle did not seem to
to have really changed. But the smell does! The opening of the fragrance with the spicy ginger note was no longer so filigree and much more pungent, in the heart note the floral note was different in certain nuances than back then. All in all, it tends to look more spicy and not as balanced to me. The whole thing extends to the base. It has to be said that as a carrier of this fragrance you don't get anything from the drydown for long. The scent has a very weak durability of max. 4 hours and a quasi non-existent Sillage. If you want to be noticed at all, you have to apply at least 5-6 spray strokes. It is best to spray about 3 of them on your clothes.

Now I ask myself, of course, do I remember it better than it really is, or has it been watered down or reformulated here? But I clearly suspect the latter, because the old bottles had a better shelf life and stronger sillage (especially the bottles before 2012).

I would really like to know when something was changed here. Anyway, I do not recognize my old YSL L'Homme. For me definitely not a candidate for purchase anymore!
JB89
Favorite scents don't need a "10"
L'Homme is now almost a classic of the house!
In 2013 I had got to know this beautiful fragrance by chance through a colleague at that time. He raved about the cylindrical flacons with beautiful lids...
At that time, there was not yet the mass of flanks, so the black bottle La Nuit de L'Homme was also tested, which I found "quite okay" :)
(Only afterwards did I become aware of all the hype about La Nuit)

Nevertheless, I had almost always liked the more classic L'Homme with its citric-spicy freshness better than the darker competitor.
Both were invitingly sweet, but the composition of L'Homme was more reminiscent of another very popular fragrance of mine: Boss Bottled
For a Bottled fan the victory was clear, oh if the fragrances are not twins!

Both fragrances of the house, L'Homme and La Nuit de L'Homme had been equipped with such a great quality and so finely tuned to each other that I decided to buy both.
What great scents of the 2013 batches, which opened up completely new scent experiences for me!
YSL L'Homme immediately became the new signature scent and was quite well received, but I personally liked it best! I was amazed how versatile this fragrance was, as it was able to combine the balance between sweetness and freshness so well that it was a real eye-catcher even in summer at over 30 degrees!
Today I would definitely choose something fresher ;-)

The fragrance still reminds me of that wonderful carefree time, unbelievable what perfumes can do in our heads...

Of course I had used up the 2013 bottles and the current batches are no longer interesting enough for me. Of course I soon stamped this one as a linear sweet tonka scent. And of course the search for similarly great scents had to continue!
So why the hell do I still rate this scent so highly today?

Quite simply, I've noticed how I've been going in circles over the years. And I don't mean that in a negative way!

When I only smell the bottle today, he still brings a smile to my lips! This may sound a bit corny, but that is a fact I can admit to myself today.
Even today, thanks to this great community, I was able to refund a Btach from 2013, at a fair price!
Even today I still enjoy this wonderful fragrance, whose description here would be almost unnecessary...

If I were to think of my "Top 10" fragrances today, I would almost always think of the same fragrances as when I started with perfume.
So I can't help but love that smell!

I hope that I can keep my interest in these, in the great offshoots -La Nuit de L'Homme- and of course in the classic -Opium pour Homme EdP- , and that these fragrances will accompany me for many years to come...

I am of course aware that many fragrances that can show more scent changes and more depth are also to be found in the niche world!
However, I am also aware that my favourite fragrances do not need a "10 out of 10"...
...at least not yet! :)

Thanks for reading!

The Classy One that Disappears
YSL's L'Homme begins as the classy, gentlemanly scent, but after announcing its presence, it quits the scene. Its projection on me is usually short, but when it does last, it's barely there. It's like someone showed up with a bang, sat down, and melted into the furniture.

It begins with a vibrant pear smell, and then hits an aromatic sandalwood sort of smell. This is much like Michael by Michael Kors with a little bit of the baby oil undertow, but not enough to be obnoxious. It is gentlemanly without being old-fashioned (in a bad way); it is modern and urban. I can smell it around me.

Next it hits a fresh/synthetic smell, not unpleasant that, then gets into warm, clean cotton smell and the projection amps up to 6". By the next hour or so the projection dies down and it becomes this vaguely oily-just-oily-enough musky/soapy smell that is quite nice. I 'm beginning to miss the projection at this point.

When it does last, it's a skin scent after hour four, which is disappointing and makes L'Homme just not usable for me. L'Homme Le Parfum, here I come.

50something50something 2 months ago
Not great on longevity, but I buy atomizers for everything. Classy, and elegant. I would suggest this for 40+. It’s for a gentleman. 9/10
RamonkuRamonku 2 months ago
It´s less sweet that LNdLH. Women like both. My grilfriend likes it more than the other best-sellers, Sauvage, Allure, Dior, Valentino, etc.
MikaelMikael 3 months ago
Classy, elegant, masculine, smooth, versatile and unique. Hard not to love.
RisendyRisendy 12 months ago
Very nice citrus ginger combination in the opening, after a while it becomes more flowery. Really subtle with low projection, a bit feminine
DemeteraDemetera 12 months ago
Smells great and fresh, got a lovely character from the ginger note, useable as a daily/signature/office scent. Also has a goodguy vibe.
GreMuserGreMuser 12 months ago
The perfect signature scent, smells just amazing, need to overspray and, actually, for the price it's a shame.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Fresh, sweet and smooth. Sadly, the citruses don't last long. The violet is well blended with the cedarwood. The performance is not good.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 1 year ago
Mr versatile. A great masculine spicy woody scent. Lots of ginger, violets, a little bit of coumarin and woods. Great signature scent!
AithanAithan 1 year ago
Slightly sweet opening. Inviting and pleasant woody spicy drydown.
Below avg sillage. Last 7hrs+ as skin scent.
GolcherGolcher 1 year ago
This one is nice but it was made completely obsolete by L'Homme Ultime which is far better in every sense

by WCR
by Pepper81
by Pepper81
Der 40ML Flakon

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent