L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent

Silverfire
18.02.2020 - 11:36 PM
Helpful Review

The Classy One that Disappears

YSL's L'Homme begins as the classy, gentlemanly scent, but after announcing its presence, it quits the scene. Its projection on me is usually short, but when it does last, it's barely there. It's like someone showed up with a bang, sat down, and melted into the furniture.

It begins with a vibrant pear smell, and then hits an aromatic sandalwood sort of smell. This is much like Michael by Michael Kors with a little bit of the baby oil undertow, but not enough to be obnoxious. It is gentlemanly without being old-fashioned (in a bad way); it is modern and urban. I can smell it around me.

Next it hits a fresh/synthetic smell, not unpleasant that, then gets into warm, clean cotton smell and the projection amps up to 6". By the next hour or so the projection dies down and it becomes this vaguely oily-just-oily-enough musky/soapy smell that is quite nice. I 'm beginning to miss the projection at this point.

When it does last, it's a skin scent after hour four, which is disappointing and makes L'Homme just not usable for me. L'Homme Le Parfum, here I come.

Latest Reviews

SilverfireSilverfire 2 years ago
Burning Rain of Death - The Strange South

Burning Rain of Death A Chasm Between the Name and the Experience
With a name like Burning Rain of Death, you knew I would end up reviewing this scent. What I discovered was not some awe-inspiring scent heralding the end of the age, but instead something initially promising, but eventually...

SilverfireSilverfire 2 years ago
The Drowned Choir - The Strange South

The Drowned Choir Someone Thought Heaven Smelled Like a Hotel Laundromat
If you've read my other reviews of fragrances from this line, then you know what you're in for. If you haven't, let me just say that there are fewer things more vitriolic than a dark romantic who has been disappointed....