L'Homme L'Intense 2013

L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent
L'Homme L'Intense is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian citronItalian citron
Violet leafViolet leaf
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwoodCedarwood
Benzoin SiamBenzoin Siam
SuedeSuede

Submitted by Michael, last update on 14.01.2022.

ScentSlave
This one is somewhat underrated
I scored 100ml of this for $60 on Macy’s online… an absolute STEAL!

This one is more appealing to the people who like the somewhat sweet feeling “well dressed” feeling scents. One for a nice dinner with that special someone, or a formal drink with some business associates after a successful long workday. It’s that kind of scent. I get a sweetness with the suede notes that make this one shine bright.

I also get great performance out of this one; a solid projection bubble that reaches a good 3ft radius, performing well for the entire 8hour duration, as it leaves a solid sillage trail that points in your direction.

If you dont mind a touch of sweeter feeling playfulness in you formal wardrobe, give this one a look. It’s perfect in that sense.

ALMOST MADE A MISTAKE, BUT ENDED UP EVEN WITH A BETTER CHOICE
After a long time, I decided to buy myself a new perfume. I get into the shop where the fragrance department is not much bigger than my living room. There were 5 shop employees & I described to them accurately what I like from perfumes & expect from them. A fresh, fruity scent and all other 'stuff', which you can read on the page devoted to me on this website. I was also very explicit in my statement, that my signature scent was LONG AGO (10 years +) 'Magnetism' from ESCADA for men, but those sellers didn't have the slightest clue what I was talking about.

But NO! I was there for more than one hour, tested around a dozen perfumes, but not a SINGLE one was remotely related to what I was asking for.

As I already wanted to go home, the only male employee persuaded me to try on my skin (which was still 'reserved' for the right scent) EDT 'Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream'.

Believe it or not, because I'm not exaggerating, I was already a bit dazed & felt slightly nauseous from trying out so many scents, but still he had chosen the best fragrance of the day based on my description of what I like.

I chose to follow his advice and I must say that in spite of being (only) an EDT, this fragrance has a very strong scent. (YES, I DO know that many other factors are at play here!). In spite of the fact that this 'Yellow Dream' smelled quite pleasant, it wasn't quite what I was searching for. If I were a more impulsive person (also read younger :) & my wallet would be thicker, I'd buy this fragrance instantly. Yet I chose to come back tomorrow and see how the scent will develop and IF this was really the fragrance I was looking for.

On the first glance everything seemed alright:

The scent was the closest match to that I was looking for and it was in my price range (even BELOW).

And yet as the popular saying from Aristotle goes:

'The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.'

, could be applied here perfectly.

I said to myself: 'Enough! You don't always get EXACTLY what you're looking for!' But after having enough of everything, I was prepared to pay and leave with a thinner wallet.

I really don't know what STOPPED ME from making the purchase almost at the time, when I wanted to take the wallet out of my pocket.

I decided to come back tomorrow or in the following days - the stock of the perfume was plentiful, so there was practically no chance that people would buy all of them - think about everything a bit more and enjoy (or not ?!) how the scent, according to the 'pyramid' and the info on the net, will develop.

In next hours at home I was rather disappointed, because obviously the perfume had reached it base notes rather quickly and didn't change anymore (though it smelled nice - not fabulous, where you can say 'WOW!', it was nevertheless a pleasant experience to put my nose in the vicinity of my arm, where I originally applied 'my' fragrance.

Next day in the morning, when I woke up (17 to 18 hours later), the scent was still there. Of course much milder, but if you put your nose not more than 1 inch or 2,5 cm away from the original 'spraying point', you could perceive the milder but the SAME scent as yesterday & it went away only through my morning wash routine with a touch of a liquid soap.

Although the next day the shop was open to 9PM in the evening, I had ABSOLUTELY no more impulsive desire to spend quite a lot of money for something that is OK, but nevertheless misses something, that I can't define with words, but after the FIRST spray on your skin I could say without any hesitation:

"That's it!" (& you also go with almost no regret OVER your predefined budget).

And so my story with the first perfume (which I even wasn't supposed to review :) ended.

Around 2 or even 3 weeks went by & I have completely forgotten my negative experience in the perfume shop and decided on the weekend the 30th October - it was Saturday, to give it another try.

It was a spontaneous visit, without ANY expectations, maybe more to just get acquainted with new fragrances. I brought to shop a small paper notebook, to write down my experiences with individual perfumes, so that I could later check on the net (in my country we have ONLY one online shop devoted EXCLUSIVELY to beauty products and original (VERIFIED!), newest perfumes - and most importantly, they sell them for a minimum of 30% lower price as in the 'physical' shop and sometimes the difference can be even bigger), what of interest I found.

But a surprise was waiting for me.

After 20 or 30 seconds a female employee stepped to me (I didn't ask for any help) and nicely offered me her help by asking me what I was looking for. I wrote above why I was there, so I must have looked somewhat uninterested and told her what I was looking for very fast & left out my Escada experience. Everything lasted maybe even not a whole minute - a total opposite to my first time.

But she remained her composure, was calm and smiling (NOT 'artificially').

And there I was:

There were only 2 bottles of "YSL L'Homme L'Intense" 60 ml left & I didn't even check the price (fortunately or maybe it was meant to be, that it checked out perfectly) & in the tester was only a small amount left (15%?).

I really don't know why I offered my hand to spray the perfume on it (usually I reserve this to the last, best 'candidate' and other scents that come first are tested on paper test strips).

I really don't know how to start with the description of the scent. It is strong, yet discreet & not too heavy and doesn't go into the nose 'forcefully'. There's something mysterious about it & I fell in love INSTANTLY & I was mesmerized. Even if you don't find it special, there's a big chance that you won't describe it by using negative adjectives.

Without ANY thinking I bought it & I don't regret it a bit.

At least on my skin, EVERYTHING: sillage, longevity & projection are quite above average.

As I got home, I tried it out, by putting 1 spray behind one ear, the 2nd one behind my other, the 3rd & 4th on my collars of the shirt and the last 5th spray was left for the back of my neck.

PROJECTION: As my mother came home and was still more than 1 meter away, she INSTANTLY asked me, what smells so nice? But whatever she tried, she couldn't accurately define the smell.

She went past me & I felt that a pair of eyes was looking at me, but as soon as I turned to her, she acted as she was doing her usual errands. I'd say, this is a good measure of SILLAGE, because in 3 days this happened twice to me (my mother & a female colleague of mine).

Back to my mother:

On the day I bought the perfume, I couldn't get enough hugs from her & she said the reason is that I smell so good, but not too 'intrusive', because she couldn't get enough of her nose on my head. :)

Let's go to LONGEVITY:

I don't have to write a lot here. On the day I bought the perfume I was quite tired & have fallen asleep in the shirt I had on in the shop & at home.

I know, a bad habit, but this was an exception. Yet in this case it helped me, because the collars smelled excellent (the shirt had to be washed because of the scent) & only AFTER a LONG shower the scent of the fragrance disappeared.

Only 2 comments more, before I run out of space:

In this instance (or is it my skin?): 'LESS is really MORE.'

And IMHO, this is a fragrance that may seem too casual or dull to you, but there is a GREAT chance, that whatever the END impression, it'll be in worst case NEUTRAL, but not BAD.
Winter candy
Performance:

This perfume does well.
It is quite an intense fragrance with a good shelf life. If you like this fragrance, you will certainly be satisfied with it. The performance is at least better than that of La Nuit de L'Homme.

Who can wear the fragrance?

Again, a good men's fragrance that has no age restriction, in my opinion. If you are looking for something slightly unusual for the cold days and like the scents, it is a perfume for everyone.

Where can you wear the fragrance?

Here you can also say again with a clear conscience that this perfume is an all-rounder.

I myself wear this fragrance relatively rarely on, because I have collected over time some perfumes that I prefer to wear something. But you can wear it well in the office, in everyday life and at celebrations or at dinner outside.

My opinion:

I personally wear this perfume as already mentioned, relatively rarely on. The fragrance is not necessarily one of my favorites, but that is always a matter of taste. On other people, the perfume works positively and is also not too heavy. Thus, I would definitely recommend it. Before you should have tested it but times.

Seductive
A fragrance that is not talked about much and in my opinion has to do with its discreet projection. But on the other hand we find a fragrance that can work very well to seduce.
Its aroma is very well balanced, it is very warm, elegant and mysterious. Despite having intense notes, it is very wearable and not heavy at all.
In temperate climates it is when it works best, its longevity is not bad, an option to try for those who want to smell good without attracting too much attention.
If you want to know more about her, you can watch the video.

I stole this bottle.
. . .to my friend! Don't worry I'm not a shoplifter xD !!! Never! Because I love to spend money on fragrances! :) Very gladly even...

But now for the fragrance:
This fragrance is one of the men's fragrances that I love to wear myself and I don't understand why it wasn't simply declared as a unisex fragrance? Because then maybe more women would want to get their hands on that treasure...
Because it's not a men's fragrance that screams testosterone! You know what I mean? So no Harley Davidson rider in a bar or a pumped-up bodybuilder in the gym... more like a guy in a suit who cares a lot about his appearance ;)

Because it is so sweet and also a little "soft", it could easily pass for a unisex scent. I also smell something woody, which is a little masculine. But that doesn't bother me as a woman... What I really appreciate about this fragrance is the orange, which shows to advantage on my skin! The orange wraps the woody, lightly smoky notes very well!

But I find it difficult to wear this fragrance in the summer, but I also think that it can be worn for a night out in the summer anyway! On the beach, however, I would rather not, as the 30 degrees might turn into 40 degrees ...

The durability is pretty good in my opinion...it's easily 6-7 hours :)

The amber elixir from YSL
The fragrance is in my opinion one of the best of the L'Homme range. But I must also mention that I am never a big fan of the series. The fragrance starts softly with a mix of orange and ambroxan. Afterwards it evolves into the leathery woody direction. Sillage and durability is not my favourite. You can smell something for 2-3 hours and the environment perceives the scent, but the scent is not so special that you are addressed. As a season I recommend autumn and winter and maybe a good date scent. Because of the soft and not obtrusive nature possibly also suitable for the office. Even on rainy days, the fragrance is also well applicable. But in my opinion, due to the increasing number of fragrances, there are unfortunately better ones that are applicable in these situations ;)

Unfortunately for me too generic and expensive, so I decided to buy the fragrance again. But who likes it should not be disturbed !!!
SchatzSucher
Always these old flankers.....
No, it won't be a review I like the scent too much for that.
The beautiful fragrance L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent moved in with me a good 3 years ago.
I was on a short trip to the south of Sweden and visited a friend in Helsingborg, a nice city located directly at the Öresund. It was October, it was already relatively cool and I was in the mood for a more powerful fragrance.
In a nice little, quite well sorted shop with everything that beautifies her and him, I rummaged around a little and found what I was looking for quite fast.
The simple round flacon with the hexagonal cap appealed to me very much.
I have to tell you that this fragrance was the first one I got to know from the meanwhile rather confusing L'Homme series.
A brave sprayer on my wrist, oh yes, immediately a sweet-spicy cloud greets me Since I know that one should not fall for the top note alone and should give the fragrance a certain amount of time to unfold, I let the fragrance work on me a little and I liked the development more and more.
So I took the 60ml bottle with me and I have not regretted this purchase.
The 60 ml then quickly turned into 100 ml.

Then I made myself a little bit clever here and looked how the smell gets away from here like that. Yes, I would say, overall quite good average but not exactly outstanding.
Comparisons with One Million also appear again and again.

L'Homme L'Intense starts off peppery and lemony with this rather strong sweetness, which probably comes from the Indian Davana. I first had to see what Davana is at all.
Davana (fine-leaved mugwort) comes from the artemisia family, a composite plant native to South India and is used as a medicinal plant. The essential oil is used in perfumery to give fragrances a fruity-sweet and slightly woody note. The effect is described as calming and uplifting for the nerves, relieving stress, reducing anxiety and balancing. These are really very positive qualities
Fruity-sweet I can confirm in any case, that comes out well, strong as well. But not overwhelming. I can still perceive orange blossom very well. The orange blossom appears again and again in fragrances that I like very much. I can only guess the violet leaf, it seems that not much has been used.
The somewhat loud beginning settles quite quickly, the scent is ordered and the base notes also come up immediately. Something balsamic resonates, a little bit of wood and the fine leather note is clearly to be smelled.
Unfortunately, leather that is too dominant in fragrances is always very quickly repugnant to me, here at L'Homme L'Intense it is very soft, cuddly and does not stand out too strongly. Here the leather note forms a supporting framework and is not dominant.

I see the fragrance more in the cold season due to its rather opulent design and the projection which is quite strong at the beginning. One can also wear the fragrance to work in sparing doses.
But on festive occasions and fancy clothes he is especially good at it.

As far as durability is concerned, there are slight weaknesses. For an eau de parfum it takes about 6-7 hours, but on the last few meters the fragrance unfortunately runs out of breath, even very abruptly. It's as if you'd cut a thread or simply turned off the light.
But also here it shows once again that the terms Intense etc. do not have much to say and only serve the marketing.

Some time ago I tried the Ur-L'Homme, which I find pleasant but very shy and pale. These two fragrances have hardly anything in common except the name and the packaging. You could really blame L'Oréal for not having had the courage or the desire to market this beautiful fragrance under its own name.
This resting on the cash hits and again and again flankers on the market, in the hope that these sell themselves also like cut bread, because the original smell runs so well, provides with us Parfumos yes for a certain tiredness. This I can also well understand.

As far as the comparison with One Million is concerned, I can say that the spicy-sweet basic relationship is certainly there, but L'Homme L'Intense goes a different way and does not remain as cheeky and brazen as One Million, which is really quite a blast. So L'Homme L'Intense is much more wearable and above all not so common.
Besides, in L'Homme L'Intense there is neither rose nor cinnamon.
To me, L'Homme L'Intense seems to be a little bit higher quality, even if you can't deny the weakness with the durability.

All in all I can only say, a nice winter scent with many nice attributes and a few weaknesses, but it definitely deserves a closer look, if you disregard the family affiliation. But exactly this knowledge has certainly contributed to the fact that this scent is a bit too bad here. And maybe the train of the sweet-spicy, somewhat more expansive scents had already been on its way for a while and you were a little bit behind.
But if my 100 ml bottle is empty soon, it will definitely be bought again :-)

Good, but doesn't last.
This smells very lovely.
Overall, but it still doesn't last.
So carry a travel atomizer to fix the issue.
Short but sweet...
I used six sprays...both wrist, back & front of my neck, chest, and front of my shirt.

Will I buy this again?...Yes(If I can find it).

What's the strength of this? EDP.

Can you use it as a unisex scent? No.

Am I willing to trade this fragrance? No.

Should You Skip It, Sample It First or Blind Buy It? I say Sample it first.

Is it the old, new formulation? New.

What's its availability; in production, limited edition or discontinued? In production.

SKU Number: 3365440328303
Batch Number: ? (Production Date: 2017)

Age: 25+
From: Girlfriend x-mas gift
Size: 100 ML
Scent: 5/5 (Nice).
Value: 5/5 (Gift).
Sillage: 2/5 (Two feet).
Longevity: 2/5 (Four hours Tops).
Creativity: 5/5 (Nothing groundbreaking).
Projection: 2/5 (One hour).
Versatility: 5/5 (Anytime & anywhere).
Compliments: 5/5 (Nice).

Until next time, I'll catch you on the flipside.

Another YSL Masterpiece
Similar to La Nuit, L'Homme Parfum Intense is a subtle, yet luxurious creation from the masterful house of YSL. Bright and warm at the top, soft and luxurious in the heart, and a beautifully seductive drydown. It doesn't scream "smell me!", but that's certainly no crime. It's a beautiful, sensual frag that delivers on quality, complexity, and balance. Perfect for evenings out, intimate encounters, and when your S.O. wants to get 'real close!' She/he won't be able to stay away from you.

Longevity is better than average, about 5-7 hours, and sillage is moderate. But again, a beautiful fragrance doesn't have to be 'in your face'.

Comparisons to 1 Million aren't accurate IMO- Paco is much louder. But it has a sweetness to it that is divine.

I love this frag, and better yet my girl loves it!

Two BIG thumbs up from me!

So sweet .. & weak!!
Tried it and replaced it the next day! Its not that bad but this scent is too far from the original and successful l'homme as people may think!! Although its a parfum, i found the performance is so far and maybe worse that some EDT there in market specially sillage.

Its a try to copy one million intense but far worse, i find it over sweet too for a man.

If you really like sweet scents and don't care for the performance go 4 it unless stay away :)

JMWeedJMWeed 4 months ago
Sweet, rich, windex. The smell I wish I could find in glass cleaner.
Nik604Nik604 8 months ago
Another ethyl maltol bomb for teens...next!
EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 year ago

by Basslukas
by Bandito
by Bandito

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (1993) / Champagne (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent