L'Homme L'Intense 2013

L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent
L'Homme L'Intense is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian citron, White pepper, Bergamot, Davana
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Violet leaf
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Benzoin Siam, Suede

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.01.2021.

Seductora
Una fragancia de la que no se habla mucho y en mi opinión tiene que ver su discreta proyección. Pero por otra parte encontramos una fragancia que puede funcionar muy bien para seducir. Su aroma está muy bien balanceado, es muy cálida, elegante y misteriosa. A pesar de tener notas intensas, es muy llevable y para nada pesada. En clima templado es cuando mejor funciona, su longevidad no es mala, una opción a probar para quien quiere oler bien sin llamar demasiado la atención.
Si queréis saber más de ella podéis ver el video.

I stole this bottle.
. . .to my friend! Don't worry I'm not a shoplifter xD !!! Never! Because I love to spend money on fragrances! :) Very gladly even...

But now for the fragrance:
This fragrance is one of the men's fragrances that I love to wear myself and I don't understand why it wasn't simply declared as a unisex fragrance? Because then maybe more women would want to get their hands on that treasure...
Because it's not a men's fragrance that screams testosterone! You know what I mean? So no Harley Davidson rider in a bar or a pumped-up bodybuilder in the gym... more like a guy in a suit who cares a lot about his appearance ;)

Because it is so sweet and also a little "soft", it could easily pass for a unisex scent. I also smell something woody, which is a little masculine. But that doesn't bother me as a woman... What I really appreciate about this fragrance is the orange, which shows to advantage on my skin! The orange wraps the woody, lightly smoky notes very well!

But I find it difficult to wear this fragrance in the summer, but I also think that it can be worn for a night out in the summer anyway! On the beach, however, I would rather not, as the 30 degrees might turn into 40 degrees ...

The durability is pretty good in my opinion...it's easily 6-7 hours :)

The amber elixir from YSL
The fragrance is in my opinion one of the best of the L'Homme range. But I must also mention that I am never a big fan of the series. The fragrance starts softly with a mix of orange and ambroxan. Afterwards it evolves into the leathery woody direction. Sillage and durability is not my favourite. You can smell something for 2-3 hours and the environment perceives the scent, but the scent is not so special that you are addressed. As a season I recommend autumn and winter and maybe a good date scent. Because of the soft and not obtrusive nature possibly also suitable for the office. Even on rainy days, the fragrance is also well applicable. But in my opinion, due to the increasing number of fragrances, there are unfortunately better ones that are applicable in these situations ;)

Unfortunately for me too generic and expensive, so I decided to buy the fragrance again. But who likes it should not be disturbed !!!
SchatzSucher
Always these old flankers.....
No, it won't be a review I like the scent too much for that.
The beautiful fragrance L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent moved in with me a good 3 years ago.
I was on a short trip to the south of Sweden and visited a friend in Helsingborg, a nice city located directly at the Öresund. It was October, it was already relatively cool and I was in the mood for a more powerful fragrance.
In a nice little, quite well sorted shop with everything that beautifies her and him, I rummaged around a little and found what I was looking for quite fast.
The simple round flacon with the hexagonal cap appealed to me very much.
I have to tell you that this fragrance was the first one I got to know from the meanwhile rather confusing L'Homme series.
A brave sprayer on my wrist, oh yes, immediately a sweet-spicy cloud greets me Since I know that one should not fall for the top note alone and should give the fragrance a certain amount of time to unfold, I let the fragrance work on me a little and I liked the development more and more.
So I took the 60ml bottle with me and I have not regretted this purchase.
The 60 ml then quickly turned into 100 ml.

Then I made myself a little bit clever here and looked how the smell gets away from here like that. Yes, I would say, overall quite good average but not exactly outstanding.
Comparisons with One Million also appear again and again.

L'Homme L'Intense starts off peppery and lemony with this rather strong sweetness, which probably comes from the Indian Davana. I first had to see what Davana is at all.
Davana (fine-leaved mugwort) comes from the artemisia family, a composite plant native to South India and is used as a medicinal plant. The essential oil is used in perfumery to give fragrances a fruity-sweet and slightly woody note. The effect is described as calming and uplifting for the nerves, relieving stress, reducing anxiety and balancing. These are really very positive qualities
Fruity-sweet I can confirm in any case, that comes out well, strong as well. But not overwhelming. I can still perceive orange blossom very well. The orange blossom appears again and again in fragrances that I like very much. I can only guess the violet leaf, it seems that not much has been used.
The somewhat loud beginning settles quite quickly, the scent is ordered and the base notes also come up immediately. Something balsamic resonates, a little bit of wood and the fine leather note is clearly to be smelled.
Unfortunately, leather that is too dominant in fragrances is always very quickly repugnant to me, here at L'Homme L'Intense it is very soft, cuddly and does not stand out too strongly. Here the leather note forms a supporting framework and is not dominant.

I see the fragrance more in the cold season due to its rather opulent design and the projection which is quite strong at the beginning. One can also wear the fragrance to work in sparing doses.
But on festive occasions and fancy clothes he is especially good at it.

As far as durability is concerned, there are slight weaknesses. For an eau de parfum it takes about 6-7 hours, but on the last few meters the fragrance unfortunately runs out of breath, even very abruptly. It's as if you'd cut a thread or simply turned off the light.
But also here it shows once again that the terms Intense etc. do not have much to say and only serve the marketing.

Some time ago I tried the Ur-L'Homme, which I find pleasant but very shy and pale. These two fragrances have hardly anything in common except the name and the packaging. You could really blame L'Oréal for not having had the courage or the desire to market this beautiful fragrance under its own name.
This resting on the cash hits and again and again flankers on the market, in the hope that these sell themselves also like cut bread, because the original smell runs so well, provides with us Parfumos yes for a certain tiredness. This I can also well understand.

As far as the comparison with One Million is concerned, I can say that the spicy-sweet basic relationship is certainly there, but L'Homme L'Intense goes a different way and does not remain as cheeky and brazen as One Million, which is really quite a blast. So L'Homme L'Intense is much more wearable and above all not so common.
Besides, in L'Homme L'Intense there is neither rose nor cinnamon.
To me, L'Homme L'Intense seems to be a little bit higher quality, even if you can't deny the weakness with the durability.

All in all I can only say, a nice winter scent with many nice attributes and a few weaknesses, but it definitely deserves a closer look, if you disregard the family affiliation. But exactly this knowledge has certainly contributed to the fact that this scent is a bit too bad here. And maybe the train of the sweet-spicy, somewhat more expansive scents had already been on its way for a while and you were a little bit behind.
But if my 100 ml bottle is empty soon, it will definitely be bought again :-)

Good, but doesn't last.
This smells very lovely.
Overall, but it still doesn't last.
So carry a travel atomizer to fix the issue.
Short but sweet...
I used six sprays...both wrist, back & front of my neck, chest, and front of my shirt.

Will I buy this again?...Yes(If I can find it).

What's the strength of this? EDP.

Can you use it as a unisex scent? No.

Am I willing to trade this fragrance? No.

Should You Skip It, Sample It First or Blind Buy It? I say Sample it first.

Is it the old, new formulation? New.

What's its availability; in production, limited edition or discontinued? In production.

SKU Number: 3365440328303
Batch Number: ? (Production Date: 2017)

Age: 25+
From: Girlfriend x-mas gift
Size: 100 ML
Scent: 5/5 (Nice).
Value: 5/5 (Gift).
Sillage: 2/5 (Two feet).
Longevity: 2/5 (Four hours Tops).
Creativity: 5/5 (Nothing groundbreaking).
Projection: 2/5 (One hour).
Versatility: 5/5 (Anytime & anywhere).
Compliments: 5/5 (Nice).

Until next time, I'll catch you on the flipside.

Another YSL Masterpiece
Similar to La Nuit, L'Homme Parfum Intense is a subtle, yet luxurious creation from the masterful house of YSL. Bright and warm at the top, soft and luxurious in the heart, and a beautifully seductive drydown. It doesn't scream "smell me!", but that's certainly no crime. It's a beautiful, sensual frag that delivers on quality, complexity, and balance. Perfect for evenings out, intimate encounters, and when your S.O. wants to get 'real close!' She/he won't be able to stay away from you.

Longevity is better than average, about 5-7 hours, and sillage is moderate. But again, a beautiful fragrance doesn't have to be 'in your face'.

Comparisons to 1 Million aren't accurate IMO- Paco is much louder. But it has a sweetness to it that is divine.

I love this frag, and better yet my girl loves it!

Two BIG thumbs up from me!

So sweet .. & weak!!
Tried it and replaced it the next day! Its not that bad but this scent is too far from the original and successful l'homme as people may think!! Although its a parfum, i found the performance is so far and maybe worse that some EDT there in market specially sillage.

Its a try to copy one million intense but far worse, i find it over sweet too for a man.

If you really like sweet scents and don't care for the performance go 4 it unless stay away :)

by Parzival852
by CR7
by Bandito
by Bandito

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent