L'Homme Ultime 2016

L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent
L'Homme Ultime is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit
GingerGinger
CardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose
Clary sageClary sage
GeraniumGeranium
Base Notes Base NotesCedarCedar
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 22.07.2021.

My forever signature
Words can't explain how much I love this scent.
There is something about it.I am not an expert on notes and I don't think i will ever be, no need for that. This is the scent that just .. fadamt. Holyyy smokeeee - kind of thing - You get it.
Its fresh but has depth.Its - class.
Its too bad that its discontinued but God bless my half bottle left. I will try and get a backup bottle if I see it anywhere and so should YOU.
BasilTonic
With L'homme by Lacoste layern...
Awesome part...the creative cousin of L'homme. If someone is worried about the rose: Smells not feminine. Comes but quite well. As layering with Lacoste l'homme or l'homme Intense the absolute hammer
Chrisniburg
The fragrance for the warmer days...
...or if you want to brighten up your mood on those winter days.

If the air were a color, then I would choose myself. He starts very fruity, then changes to a slightly sweet note and becomes woody in the conclusion. He is a very balanced fragrance, with by out longer shelf life (with me good 8 hours on clothes). Unfortunately this fragrance has been discontinued. You have to be on the lookout to get it for a reasonable price. Partly he goes for about 130 € over the table.

the best L'Homme version yet
I was never a huge fan of YSL's L'Homme, I mean it was nice, it's a like just not a love but performance left a lot to desire.

I remember trying L'Homme Ultime and getting caught by it but soon after it became unavailable in my country so it turned into a distant memory. I recall a strong rose note, unusual but very intriguing. Like an even classier and more refined version of the original.

I finally got it in my collection and I must say, I don't know if it was reformulated or not but it's not what I remember. For starters the rose is not nearly as prominent as I recall, I get more grapefruit and the ginger is almost as 'front and center' as it was with the original also, I get a peppery feel and I guess that's the cedar. The fragrance is stunning but where Ultime out shines the original the most is in the performance, I get 7 to 9hrs while I'd hardly get 5 with L'Home OG.

This is perhaps the best flanker there is for the Homme line if you ask me

Prepare for the compliments
Received this as a gift on my birthday, ironically, not that one I wished (Ysl La Nuit) but this is also a great fragrance, always getting attention and compliments. Longevity and sillage are not that great but still better than the legendary La Nuit. Definitely worth a try.
Swagger91
GT for men as an all-rounder!
Hello dear community! It's about time again for a comment on one of my fragrances in my collection!

I came across this fragrance 2 years ago before it was hyped by various YouTubers. When I discovered the scent, the association of a good and expensive gin and tonic came directly into my head:D Since I was even active as a bartender at that time, I found the scent very appropriate. Before it was allowed to be taken up naturally into the collection it still needed the agreement of the lady of the heart ;) She also immediately took this gin and tonic fragrance was and said this fits great for the summer / spring time and the GT now just experienced a renaissance was a clear buy recommendation.

After 3 months of use, I was simply curious what scents are contained in? I found out that it was simply grapefruit, rose and cedar wood! Since I have become an absolute fan of rose/wood/oud fragrances I just couldn't believe this composition :)

Now for the actual scent. I didn't really like the bottle that much now, because I think all YSLs from the L'Homme range are pretty cheap. This plastic cap and the bottle are only good for the actual juice ;) Well, we as perfume rats are only interested in the contents! As far as I can tell the H/S is pretty good for a designer scent. It lasts for about 6 hours with me and in the first 2-3 hours I get a lot of compliments ;) The fragrance has a fruity/woody vibe that goes in the metallic-floral direction as I think. But because of this already very individual composition I even find that the fragrance is suitable as an allrounder! Last year several youtubers started celebrating the fragrance and since then it is already in great demand!

Definitely a clear buying recommendation for all those who celebrate the L'Homme range or who are simply looking for a good gin and tonic fragrance;)
My number one
Because this outstanding fragrance has now become my No. 1, I deleted my previous comment and am now reapplying it to give more expression to my enthusiasm:

Yeah, that's it, a megaduft, the best, my darling, Superscent, Nasenweide, and everything else ;-)

But fun aside, what counts is my respect for this perfume art and my fondness for this YSL. At the beginning the Ultime didn't have an easy time with me. Because just a year ago, it was a can't-decide-me-fragrance for months on end, although I can usually tell quickly whether I like a perfume or not. So why of all things this Flanker became a YOU fragrance for me seems a little strange to me from today's point of view. But perhaps the affection had to develop first, even if the flirting should last over half a year ...

When L'Homme Ultime is sprayed on for the first time, an attractive presence is immediately audible, casting a spell over its wearer. Because the fragrance juggles with two contrary attributes that I particularly like: fruity (slightly flowery) freshness on the one hand, and smoky peppery spiciness on the other:

It starts very refreshingly with the grapefruit, more fruity-soft than citric-herb, and already slightly fired by the cardamom. After approx. 15 minutes a fine, discreet floweriness is added, because we have already arrived at the heart of the rose. So the Ultime now seems a little more floral, more sweet, although still fruity and spicy. It is noticeable that this contrast of fresh fruitiness and spicy spiciness is always differentiated, i.e. individually perceptible. This is exactly what makes it so attractive for me and creates a high transparency in the fragrance, which also gives it a certain lightness. It is very balanced, because the two opposing directions are roughly in balance, which creates an almost noble aura, also supported by the cedar, which constantly contributes something smoky to the fragrance. Fascinating! And towards the end a moderate vetiver is added and sets another counterpoint. So the scent stands for a constant attracting effect ... and that quite persevering (lasts on clothes about 7 to 8 hours).

All in all a very valuable elixir, harmonious and finely tuned, almost too aesthetic, too perfect. So could it possibly be this attribute that kept me from ordering it at first?

... Wait a minute, this suddenly gives me a suspicion. Perhaps this beautiful fragrance was in the shadow of an even more beautiful one? Because my collection is also adorned by another designer fragrance that dominates the rose vs. spice theme and performs similarly well here at Parfumo. It's the Déclaration d'un Soir by Cartier, but it's much more "extroverted", which I particularly like. So could the Big Brother Little Brother Syndrome have caused my hesitation to include this wonderful Frenchman in my collection?

Be that as it may, after months of indecision the YSL Ultime was finally allowed to move in with me, so that I have been using it for about half a year now. The fact that he was able to develop into the top of my collection is probably due to several characteristics that are unique for me in this combination: It manages to be extremely balanced despite ambivalent scents, combines mild floral fruit with fine smoky spice, is light as a feather and transparent, relatively linear in scent, and that for up to 8 hours with good sillage. It is never intrusive, fits almost any occasion and season and can be worn at any age. What more could you ask for?

Finally, a little tip for perfumers who don't know him yet: If you like Armanis Profumo or Versaces Dylan Blue, maybe you should take a closer look at this YSL L'Homme Ultime ...

My No.1

Shetthy
For all the rose lovers out there, MUST HAVE.
As a huge rose fan, I'd suggest people to have this fragrance. It is such a great take on rose on masculine side while keeping it fresh and youthful. It lingers around a lot, like even if you don't want to sniff it, you'll get wiffs of it. It is not offensive at all, doesn't smell feminine and neither smells like grandma. The price point is perfect for such a great crowd pleaser yet somewhat unique fragrance. If you want to get into rose game but are worried about where to start from then this is the perfect fragrance for you.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 month ago
Bright, fresh ginger and citrus opening. Rose comes in as it dries down, rosy vetiver in deep drydown. Versatile, all-occasions fragrance.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 months ago
Jammy Rose with sweet ginger and a slight citrus zest.
Cheech93Cheech93 3 months ago
Undeniable YSL DNA. It's a nice fresh w/rose and g.apple, but there's something in it that's cloying/synthetic and gives me a headache.
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
A bright & uplifting scent. A fine blend of notes that doesn't allow one to dominate,instead creating something which is both elegant & fun!

Ein ultimativer Ausblick auf das Tiroler Meer und die schönen Berge...
by Delijafrag33
Das ULTIME-ative Vitamin D tanken und die schöne Aussicht genießen...
by Delijafrag33
by Guapo
by BestSmellGuy
by BestSmellGuy

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent