La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne (2012)

La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-fresh. It was last marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Tonka bean, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.10.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10

Certainly Unexpected
This has been sitting on my wishlist for a while, I was sure I'd never get this in my collection since it's been long discontinued. I read extensively about it, how it was a fresh take on the grand La Nuit de l'Homme. All reviews are positive mentioning the fresh notes, the tender sweetness, the delightfulness so my expectations were very high.
I was lucky enough to find a 100ml brand new Frozen Cologne with 30% off (if they only knew they could've sold this over ebay for 3x the price) so I didn't even think twice before purchasing and yeah, I wasn't ready for it. I've read that Geranium is the main note and key player here and I don't recall any of my fragrances having any prominent Geranium notes so this was already uncharted territory for me.
The fragrance opens with a nice citrus blast with some sweeter notes, they got that right however this lasts 10 to 15 mins before all the fresh and 'frozen' notes disappear. After that it's La Nuit de l'Homme Cologne (nothing frozen about it). Then there's the Geranium, Pepper and Cashmere Wood present and I guess the tonka in the back (in account for the creamy and sweet feel).

On the first wear I didn't like it but didn't hate it, on second wear it grew on me. I still haven't decided if it Love or Like, I certainly don't Hate it but it'll take a couple of wears to get there. The 'frozen' name is misleading and I'm not sure this is a day wear for Spring and Summer, to me this is an evening/night wear for Spring and Autumn. Longevity is very good for an Eau de Cologne.
7.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Morpheus1
Shock frozen and immediately in love - the convincing fresh sweetness - day & night
I was lucky enough to find a new 60ml remaining bottle today and took it with me blindly.

Wow, first sprayer, definitely not regretting the blind buy. Besides, I never liked that direction of fresh scents. Neither does the YSL man series itself. Everybody wears it, it smells too mainstream. So twice as heavy for my new YSL. However, I was totally surprised and immediately convinced!

A great citric, fresh "frozen" start greeted me on my skin. A nose flatterer. No ifs or buts. Transitioning into a spicy sweetness with lasting fresh accents. Still casual, light and not aggravating. The rose is not annoying, the pepper is correctly dosed. Ideal for the coming spring and summer. And sexy with a seductive effect. It is a lighter night and night scent, but also suitable for everyday use. I imagine him perfect for the next vacation e.g. on the Canaren.

In the meantime he has been hired and is no longer on the shelves. I'm glad I got this 2012 batch. Sillage and shelf life are perfectly ok. 7-8 hours is in.

Helpful Review
Syrup with your Gin & Tonic?
Assuming that by the frozen cocktail accord listed on another perfume site they mean gin & tonic with ice and lemon, its fair to say this is one juice that lives up to its fanciful note description.

The structure tries to balance coldness with an underlying dose of syrup which becomes more apparent as the gin & tonic and cardamom signature wears off.

Done in the regulation smoothly synthetic manner, Frozen Cologne arrives perky and sociable and seems designed to not offend anyone - unless they have a dislike of gungy sweet drydowns.

For the G&T effect to work at all, which is the the sole reason for this flanker, I find it needs to be worn on clothes as it doesn't project from my skin.

There is little to recommend here, the G&T accord being fragile and the drydown banal, but overall I wouldn't call it bad, just gimmicky.

Golcher 82 days ago
I had clear expectations about the scent and feel of this one but I was very wrong+1
Yos 17 months ago
OK longevity and projection which is what you should expect but the scent is really good! More wearable than la nuit with fresher opening.+2
9.0
6.0
6.0

Yves Saint Laurent - La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne (2012)
by Morpheus1