La Nuit de L'Homme 2019Eau de Parfum

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent
La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesClary sage, Lavender absolute
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Patchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by Jazzbob, last update on 23.11.2020.

Long lasting spice bomb
I have long thought about whether I should add my mustard here, because here many people have already added it extensively. Dear Salva then persuaded me to do it, even though my opinion is almost the same as his...there are coincidences... ;)

I came across the La Nuit de L'Homme EDP rather by chance, since at first you only hear about the EDT's better known brother and his praise. I thought to myself, why always go with the flow? Almost everyone has the EDT anyway, just buy the EDP, it won't be bad. So it was a total blind buy. It was supposed to be the best blind buy of my short perfume-buying career so far...

The prelude by the grapefruit-cardamom mixture hits like a bomb! So fresh, so spicy, so full of character. Without being really obtrusive in the Sillage, you notice it quite clearly in the surrounding area. After the prelude you would think that the spiciness would fade over the next few hours. The combination of the Muscat sage, which is known for its spicy scent, and the sandalwood with patchouli in the base note ensure that the characteristic scent of La Nuit de L'Homme EDP is more than present for many hours.
I always have the problem with fresh scents that I either become odour-blind or the scent vanishes quickly. With spicy-woody scents on the other hand, I always have to take 2 showers before I get rid of the scent.

Of course I was curious how the EDP compares to the EDT. So I went into turquoise D in front of Mrs. Corona and sprayed the EDT on myself and what can I say? I was disappointed! The EDT may be a bit sweeter and more playful and maybe more geared towards younger customers, but compared to the EDP it's a difference like day and night. The EDP has more punch, more character, is more masculine and looks more mature. The EDP looks like the adult brother in the master's degree compared to the EDT, which makes us look like an immature high school graduate who can't decide on a course of study.

For those who value fresh, spicy woody scents, with good silage and very good shelf life, I can recommend La Nuit de L'Homme EDP with a clear conscience. It is absolutely suitable for autumn and winter, and penetrates even the greatest cold. I had put the fragrance on once for dinner, outside it was -5 degrees and an icy wind. Many fragrances have problems to show to advantage in this weather. The EDP on the other hand was still clearly perceptible and was still hanging on my clothes the next day.

With 7.4, this one comes in clearly under value, if I compare it with other 8.0+ fragrances here. Clear recommendation on my part!
Sex in a bottle
Hello dear community,

in the meantime I have been wearing the EdP version of the oh so beloved La Nuit series regularly for a few months and would like to share my experience and opinion with you now
communicate.

When I started to occupy myself more intensively with this hobby at the beginning of the year, I naturally came across the La Nuit series - like most people. Especially the so much praised original version of the EDT I wanted to try it out. Also because of the well-known YouTuber it was very hyped, which made me curious accordingly. So I went into a big department store and looked for the YSL shelves... After I found all the La Nuits, I first grabbed the EdT and sprayed it on my wrist... First thought: "Pooh, it's kind of musty and not for me at all..." "Anyway, it's only the top note, wait and see", I thought.
(It is said that the older batches cannot be compared with the new ones; I cannot confirm this or even comment on it, because I never smelled the old batches...).

A few bottles further on I noticed another bottle, red-black, the same style of bottle, the same lettering, but eau de parfum... "Oh, the same as EdP? Well, I'll test that one out right away," I thought I immediately took the bottle and sprayed it on my other wrist "Poah, that's intense! And damn sexy!" [...] Yeah, at the EdP I had this wow-effect that the EdT didn't give me...

So the first impression was mega! To test the durability, sillage and unfolding of the EDP, I sprayed myself with 4-5 sprays and spent some time outside...
Arriving home about 3h later, I greeted my partner and her comment was: "What do you have this time? It smells and calls for sex. xD [...].

Well, the fragrance had knocked me out from the start, but this compliment finally convinced me to buy it. So I searched online for a good price and found it. So I ordered the big 100ml bottle...
A few days later I went to a restaurant for a team dinner with my work colleagues... When I hugged the female colleagues in greeting, one of them said with a wink: "Well, who do you want to pick up today? You smell very attractive." [...]

After a few weeks of wearing it, I have noticed that it does not necessarily carry such a big cloud of scent, i.e. the Sillage is rather mediocre. But the durability is even better; on my skin it lasts 8-9 h! I sprayed it on my wrist again before going to bed yesterday and could still perceive it well after waking up.

The fragrance opens refreshing and spicy, the grapefruit already stands out at the opening and puts you in a good mood. The cardamom is a little overdone, but still gives it the exotic spice for a masculine touch. After a while, notice the lavender; it's not one of my favourite notes (so far at least), but it gives the fragrance a pleasant freshness (for my nose) - and matching the grapefruit. In the further course of time it becomes fruity or honey-sweetish (that's how I perceive it); could and should be the absolute... In the dry-down, the sandalwood gives it that sensually warm, oriental flair that I like so much. The patchouli and vetiver also make the fragrance earthy and woody-tart, which makes it very long-lasting. Overall, this EdP has a very dynamic development, which I like very much.

I let some of my buddies smell that scent once... The consensus among them is that this is a one-night stand scent.. :D
[...]

Conclusion:
As mentioned above, this fragrance does not have any so-called. Monster silage; you have to get close to smell it. But on the skin it is then all the more intense. And I think this is intended. I wasn't interested in the EDT at all, because the EDP convinced me so much. This is really a very attractive, sensual and erotic scent, which despite a minimal synthetic is very seductive for women... Regarding the seasons, you can wear the mMn every season except midsummer (it would be too strong for me). But rather in the evening; during the day I see it less...
You should give him a chance, because mMn he really just smells incredibly sexy, sexy, and again sexy! [...].

And I thank everyone as always for reading and wish you something!

VG
JamesBlond
My number one summer scent
...waaaaas?
Yes! Yes, damn it and there's no buts Yeah, he's cute. Yeah, he's heavy. Yeah, the sandalwood is definitely heavy at the base. Still, it's the perfect summer scent,... as soon as dusk dips the day into the bottle colours, because the association is not even far-fetched.
Bathed in the sun all day long, the skin nicely tanned, but not red, because you take care of your organs.
You have struggled a few times with the sun cream, including the sand on your skin, you smell creamy and like coconut, nobody gets it on their nose, because everybody is happy, because they are on holiday on the Canary Islands.
After a day on the beach, you get out of the shower, the drying of the tensed skin was not nice, but the good After Sun of Hawaiian Tropic can help you and you still think about what you want to eat while you are still going out, in one of the many bars and restaurants de la playa.
It doesn't matter, on holiday you don't worry and let it come to you. There's just one thing you don't leave to chance. Your perfume You need something that can withstand the smell of the food, a perfume that won't let the sea breeze evaporate immediately and certainly not something peppery and spicy on your neck, because for all your love of sweaty sunbathing, you can finally let your girl get to you. Romantically listening to the waves on the beach, leaning them against you and burying your bare feet in the exceptionally cool sand, you are the center of your life at this moment.
This fragrance is bursting with emotion. It is very linear after the intense cardamom top note, which somehow seems totally creamy and coconut-heavy, until the sandalwood joins in.
I'd say he doesn't go out on rainy days or at work. Most people, like me, define summer as hot days, warm nights and, if possible, holidays. I would say that every woman who can smell cardamom well doesn't want to dig herself out of your shirt when you take her out in the evening
You could still discuss the durability, but with this fragrance it is better if it disappears after 6 hours.
Nevertheless, my summer holiday scent and because we will probably not be able to fly to Fuerteventura this year, the more important to remember such beautiful memories. The fragrance also manages to do this with my girlfriend every time without me telling her I pull out my sunglasses before you la Nuit!
Profumorist
Hello first. I don't know if they knew
Hello first. I don't know if they knew, but this one's not a bad one.

Sure, the old eau de toilette would have been there, but I mean, it doesn't have to be. But I really have to say, I am fully satisfied.

The first La nuit de l'homme as eau de toilette that I had, so seven years ago, I gave away again. About seven years ago. Somehow he must have made a pretty bad impression on me after all. They sell them for a lot of ash these days. But all right, that's the way it is.

I mean, okay, I'm not the guy who's into that now. Here's to sweet, fruity and spicy things. But well, somehow you get older, no.

In this way I continued my search for perfume. I really have everything
i tried it. I wanted to bribe the Douglas employee, I wanted to
invite her over for dinner. But not a chance. She gave me the perfume the same way. That's too bad.

Unfortunately, I made a mistake with the bottle. Stupidly bought the L'Intense. But they really look almost the same. I tried to exchange it. Well, when I was released from custody the next morning, he was already out of stock.

Yeah, and now I've just bought this perfume somewhere else. No, but otherwise I have to say, I am completely satisfied. And we're getting along really well. But I mean, perfume doesn't have all the advantages, of course. It's a bit stupid that my wife doesn't like it, so you can live with it. Separate beds have something for themselves.

Well, the beginning is really very fresh-fruity. But after a while, joah, the whole thing becomes pretty spicy, slightly sweet. You can also not complain about the shelf life and the Sillage. Nah, so if I didn't know now.

No, but otherwise I really have to say, I am fully satisfied and I
mine with the current new publications is also appealed again and again,
to provide the best possible perfumes. That's why I'm now
i also thought I might give someone else a chance and let him move in with me. I need to see it. Should one actually do.

Greetings

Your Profumorist
The bright soft masculinity
The first thing you can notice is an intense and powerful sweet and fruity note, which has a very fine, fresh and bitter aura in the background and is due to the grapefruit.

At the same time, the grapefruit is surrounded by a deep, aromatic, slightly sweet, smooth note, which also brings a certain spice and comes from the cardamom and this interplay of the two notes provides a light showery aura.

A little bit the grapefruit and also the showery aura has completely said goodbye, but the cardamom is still very well perceptible and melts with an ethereal sweet, slightly spicy tart note, which gives the scent a pleasant masulinity and comes from the muscatel sage
At the same time there is a delicate Mediterranean herbaceous note, which gives the fragrance a nice soft brightness and is due to the lavender - absolute.

In the last 3.5 hours, an intense creamy and woody note can be perceived, which gives the fragrance a pleasant, subtle soft spice and comes from the sandalwood.

Patchouli and vetiver I couldn't see, because sandalwood is surrounded by a very intense synthetic powdery aura, which unfortunately has the potential to annoy the wearer and I have tipped here on a good portion of musk.

In total the fragrance lasts 8 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is clearly noticed at a whole arm's length and this is maintained also 3.5 hours in such a way, before it reduces itself up to the conclusion of the smell in quiet steps.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Maxiskiste" for the bottling.
PBregovich
Indiana Jones and the difference between vintage and retro
vintage (adj.) - (of everyday objects, clothes etc.) older [and used], but again in fashion
retro (adj.) - imitating elements of earlier styles in music, design etc.

As some here on Parfumo may already know, I am one of the lucky ones who were allowed to own the original EdT La Nuit de l'Homme and have been captivated by it. This was a cardamom-heavy and darker version of today's EdT, which could show more potency.

After the first few messages that the new Eau de Parfum (neither the Le Parfum, nor the L'Intense) should be a new launch of the magical original elixir, I immediately participated in a sharing (thanks Bajki) and expected the fragrance mail full of anticipation.

By now you may already know what it's like with the fragrance hype. With the alleged scent twins and the better power of the new batch. Let's be honest: this will rarely be true. Or let's be a little more specific: Only rarely will these matches be 100%. For some perfumers, even a slight similarity is a similarity. Are the scented twins here monozygotic or diozygotic? This is a question of subjective definition.

Now to the Eau de Parfum from the La Nuit de l'Homme series itself. As many have already mentioned, a lot happens within a short time, which makes the fragrance a little exhausting in the beginning. Yes, it starts very fruity. However, this combination of fruit and leather is so potent that it is rather overripe fruit. A very strong sweetness is nothing new at YSL Parfüms. Lavender is of course still in play, otherwise it wouldn't be La Nuit anymore (the irony, I know). But what I can't ignore now is the leather. It is not listed here with the ingredients, with Fragrantica it is, some have mentioned it, for me it is present.

At the beginning of my "perfume career" I couldn't do anything with leather scents. Maybe it would be even more honest to say that they really disgusted me. In the course of time I became a big fan and became friends with Tuscan Leather, Ombré Leather, Gucci Guilty Absolute and many more. The leather here is pretty strong, pretty dark. Maybe you know that when the leather in a scent has an almost smoky quality? I feel that in this fragrance.

That all sounds really great. I like leather, I like fruity, I also like lavender in more modern scents. So what's the problem? Very simple: It's like liking chocolate, doner kebab and watermelon. You can enjoy these three treats individually, but you probably wouldn't eat them at the same time. Unfortunately, we have this effect in the new Eau de Parfum. I find that the combination of these three very prominent notes is not very harmonious. Even scents that touch us usually have a harmony that makes the scent so special for us. Here, however, it feels as if it has been combined in a very awkward way. The fragrance is cumbersome, clumsy and by no means as elegant as the irreplaceable OG La Nuit de l'Homme. Durability and Sillage are better than with the present EdT, but for me personally this brings only little.

That's why I'm talking about vintage and retro. The new Eau de Parfum is not vintage. The old juice would have been vintage, but it is lost and only sold by a few courageous adventurers at similarly adventurous prices. A treasure that even Indiana Jones would chase after swinging lianas. But this new fragrance is retro, it tries to resurrect the old aesthetics, but doesn't even know the old school.

This new school needs a lot of sweetness, a lot of fruit. Attempts to play with the leather fail in my opinion. In the drydown things calm down a bit, but it still doesn't sound that good. You have to note that the temperatures here are quite high and I could like the smell better in winter. But so far I'm a little disappointed and have to accept that you shouldn't wallow in the past. The one that got away. It's time to let go
Set with X
The original La Nuit de L'Homme was the first fragrance I bought myself. While quite a few teenagers are now dieseling in more often, I was already quite late because I only started wearing perfume regularly in my mid-20s. Before I got some as a present, but only with La Nuit I started my journey into the world of fragrances and thus the way to a new hobby. When I bought the Eau de Toilette, it was already the first reformulation of 2015, which is said to have a better shelf life and a better sillage than the current (second), but is already quite average in this respect. The new Eau de Parfum has been announced as a more intense, darker version, but it can by no means meet these expectations.

While the strengths of the EdT clearly lie in the combination of the fine yet striking cardamom spice and the powdery lavender on a sensual basis, I wonder what has become of the main players. The EdP opens with a slightly fresh start and a funny fruit-coconut cocktail - at least the comparison comes closest for me. On the skin, however, these facets show up less strongly and so I would absolutely agree with FragFrag by writing that the grapefruit doesn't really have a sparkling effect and that a leather note - unlike the EdT - appears. In addition to the noticeably lower presence of lavender, I would also describe the spice of cardamom as more subtle. Here I also feel more reminded of the ground form in which cardamom does not smell as fresh and invigorating as a whole capsule. I can't see sage at all and a banal mixture of woods from the laboratory spreads in the base. I do not find the sweetness that resonates here to be overwhelming, but to be unpleasantly artificial. My EdT has lost some of its sweetness through maceration and has become more woody over time - I can hardly imagine an improvement with EdP.

I am now used to disappointment from Yves Saint Laurent (exception: L'Homme Ultime), but this perfume leaves me with an extremely unbalanced impression, as if two not quite adequate fragrances had been layered together: Something light, sweet, remotely reminiscent of body lotion or sun cream, and generic woods and some leather, which are the strongest notes. The EdT also has a thoroughly dry wood base and a powdery and discreet soapy quality due to the lavender, but never drifts in a too heavy direction. I still have a small remainder for nostalgic reasons, which must be enough for me now. The EdP does not even resemble this iconic fragrance by 50 percent.
Sliders - The gate to a foreign dimension
Opening narration
Quinn Mallory: [season one monologue/opening]
"What if you could find brand new worlds right here on Earth? Where anything is possible. Same planet, different dimension. I've found the gateway."

Who knows the old TV series Sliders? It's about *WARNING SPOILER* that in the first episode a small group of people travels into another dimension, a parallel world, and then comes to the conclusion that it's not possible to come back directly to the original dimension.
Then they are forced to try one dimension after the other to find their real world again, in which they are lost.
Fantastic, clever, humorous series! :)

This analogy fits me really well to "La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Parfum)". After the Eau de Toilette of 2009 was strongly reformulated, there were several attempts with so-called "flankers", i.e. other versions of it, to release a fragrance that again finds this strong appeal with people. Apparently YSL should have noticed that people have noticed how weak LNDL EdT has been since 2014, because they already have:
La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum, L'Intense, and Eau Électrique released, and now another *heavy* version is coming out.
Like a bloodthirsty vampire I managed to buy this 100ml glass jewel on release day!
And it just occurred to me that today's release is...

(Phone conversation)
"Hello! I'm inquiring about a new men's fragrance. When do you get La Nuit de L'Homme Eau de Parfum from Yves Saint Laurent?"

"Wait a minute... Who's that from? From La Nuit de L'Homme or?"

*Reaches for the forehead*
"From Yves Saint Laurent. La Nuit de L'Homme. But the eau de parfum. Not Le Parfum, or L'Intense EdP... EAU DE PARFUM. Orange bottle."

"Oh, I'm just looking... yeah, we got that this morning."

"Are you sure? It only says eau de parfum?"

"Yes, it's brand new, we actually got it today!"

"Okay, thank you, I'll see you in a bit! #)"
*click*

Well, the name is really long, and used inflationary. Who's going to know about that...

But what's he like now, the new one? To whom so many have pinned their high expectations. The expectation to be a good new fragrance, but also the hope to bring back the legendary "La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette)" vintage version in an olfactory way.
By the way, I didn't think about that, Yves Saint Laurent have now indicated that it should smell like the old one!

Well, we're curious. :)

So.
First of all, spoiler: GIVE HIM TIME!!! I can't stress that enough...

In the opening it reminds me a bit of Eau Électrique, but without bubblegum note, more natural. But it does have LNDL vintage vibes here and there, which doesn't mean it smells like it, but it reminds me if you smell close to your skin for example.
In the air or Sillage I find the differences more through. Here it smells more like a mixture of Électrique, and the green, spicy, slightly fruity melt of LNDL EdT Vintage, but with less freshness, and less powderiness of cardamom.

In the drydown it's a bit leathery and even slightly oily in the heart (oil like "Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette)", or "Dry Oil (Eau de Toilette)"), but only very subtle.

I think most people would rather have it than eau Électrique and l'Intense. By the way, the latter is *supposedly* abandoned (non-binding information of a seller).
And for me, he's at eye level with La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum, better. But also less independent.

It feels a bit like the perfumer was commissioned to build a vintage LNDL from the Eau Électrique DNA. A modern vintage version, so to speak. Paradoxical, isn't it?

Conclusion.
I wear it just after the shower for the first time on the whole body, (before only back of the hand), and find it as a fragrance excellent, - for me 10/10 points! As a LNDL EdT vintage clone it only manages 7/10 at most, because it lacks the freshness and powderiness of cardamom.

But a solid release. The Sillage is as usual rather close to the body, but can be scaled up by many sprayers to go out. The durability I feel to date as quite ok, but there I will probably still screw in a few days at the evaluation.

And again, give him time to test, my first impression was "oh god he's musty". :) Now at the end I think he is really solid and good, he could easily get into my top-20. :)

I wish you to find your olfactory home dimension.
Your N471v3

AithanAithan 10 months ago
Sweet Opening.
Drydown similar with LNDH but more sweet & spicy.
Friends say, nice scent but too spicy and there is sth make them thirsty.
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
I'm instantly reminded of LNDL of course but also Burberry Brit Rhythm Intense, they share several notes and a leathery vibe. Very nice.

by Lacrimalus
by Lacrimalus
by JamesBlond
by JamesBlond
Die Farbkombi soll meine Affinität zu Frankreich etwas verdeutlichen :)
by Salva
by Tacmaxx
by Tacmaxx

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - 24 Rue de L'Université by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent