La Nuit de L'Homme (2009) Eau de Toilette

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent
La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) (Yves Saint Laurent)
La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) (Yves Saint Laurent)

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesBergamot, Lavender, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Caraway, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.01.2019

DieNaseDieNase 7 years ago

„Passed”

Kouros94Kouros94 3 years ago

„A Composition with Potential, a failure nonetheless.”

First disappointed, after a few hours: Actually, it's fine
Just got a sample of La Nuit the other day...

And since it is very popular at the moment, I thought there should be something in it that really convinces!
Once auf´s wrist sprayed (and not rubbed), I immediately had to think of the Axe Anarchy deodorant.
It is an absolutely identical copy, causes just as much headache, and there is also nicht´s special.
Can't understand why it's labelled a good men's fragrance, and even many a YouTuber reports great about it.
After a few hours, the fresh, not so boring and gets character.
But the headaches stay!
A real pity actually
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Perfect for full contact and the way there
I like him, women love him. I prefer to leave the description of the individual notes to the professionals. The fragrance is not excellent in any category, but its erotic effect on women is hard to beat. It is delicious, warm and soft, tastes full pot of cardamom, sweet woody. La nuit does not appeal to a woman's need for an alpha animal, he is more of a picaresque seducer
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Actually factual
Super perfume, Pantydropper, can opener (for cans under 25 years Sauvage, Eros or Herod is to be preferred). I like it, she likes it, my pillow likes it. Cardamom, bergamot, lavender, everything available. Linear course. Sillage inadequate, shelf life on skin mediocre, but on clothes or pillows super, jumps on close contact even from man to woman. My absolute darling, I associate a cool evening with it.
;-)
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Quite matter-of-fact
Enough with the silliness and enough with the corny talk.
It is truly time I adapt and really reach every reader with my analysis.
It cannot be that I waste precious time with nonsense and therefore I think I have now found a way to describe a perfume with all its facets. There won't be anything to complain about.

That's how we'll start now.
I picked a fragrance that many know, but do you really know it?
Now let's start all over again and look at it, this bottle. A glass cylinder. Yes Glass.

Glass is an amorphous substance produced by melting. The production of glass is also possible by heating sol-gel and by shock waves. Thermodynamically, glass is referred to as a frozen, supercooled liquid. This definition applies to all substances that are melted and cooled down correspondingly quickly. This means that although crystal nuclei form when the melt solidifies into glass, there is not enough time for the crystallization process. The solidifying glass is solid too quickly to allow the building blocks to be rearranged into a crystal. To put it simply, the atomic structure of a glass corresponds roughly to that of a liquid. The transformation range, i.e. the transition range between melt and solid, is around 600 °C for many glass types.

But I digress.

Beautiful bottle, then.

Let us now come to the fragrance, let us wet our skin once and start directly with the top note.
I find him already distinguished and flagrant.
Cardamom in Spanish also called Cardamomo, in Chinese also called ts'ao-k'ou gives men's perfumes freshness and a colorful, radiant nuance. Here it is generously and opulently ostentatiously effective.
The start of the heart note is immediately available. The increase of linalool makes it spicier.

Linalool is a component of many essential oils. It is found in coriander, hops, nutmeg, ginger, savory, cinnamon, basil, marjoram, thyme, oregano, black pepper, saffron, cannabis and other spice plants. Methylheptenone is ethinylated for synthesis. The resulting dehydrolinalool is reduced to linalool by partial hydrogenation. This synthesis was first succeeded by Leopold Ruzicka and Virgilio Fornasir in 1919.

But I digress.

In addition, another substance starts its property, the so-called limonene. Laymen speak here of lemons or bergamots.
You might think it's very arbitrary, but it actually gets fresh and pleasant. Not artificial and also not disparate I would like to note here.
With the time and the increase of Geraniol it becomes somewhat sweet. Geraniol is an acyclic monoterpene allyl alcohol and is in (E,Z)-isomeric relation to nerol: Geraniol is the (E)-isomer, nerol the (Z)-isomer. As a floral note it is a component of many perfumes. Geraniol is an intermediate product in the production of geranyl esters, citronellol and citral.

But this only by the way.

The highlight of the whole is the increase of ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE. The α-Isomethylionon is available in its pure form and under normal conditions as a clear, colourless to yellowish, water-insoluble, violet-scented liquid which is synthetically produced.

Now we have reached the base note. I don't see much change anymore. I find it very appealing.

It is not klandestin that this fragrance does not last very long, but we do not want to be larmoyant here.
Maybe I was a little bit meticulous here, but it was important to me to stay prosaic.

It is important for me to stay stringent and not sibylline. I am not a renegade or sacrosanct person, that was very important to me to tell.

Thank you very much, sir.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
simply the best fragrance
There are many fragrances, which somehow smell very good, but which I wouldn't associate with male sex, for example The One by Dolce Gabbana or Ultra Male by JPG. But LA Nuit smells wonderful despite reformulation, and to my astonishment it even lasts for a long time and projects perfectly within a radius of 30-40 cm, without any flickering (even after 4-5 hours). I feel reminded of Molecule01. The scent seems to have disappeared, but then it suddenly emits scents from the skin, which you can perceive even after hours in your own nose. Even after taking a shower I could still perceive the scent well in my nose. The fragrance is wonderfully spicy-sweet and woody, I don't have to describe the fragrance anymore. Clearly the main purpose of a fragrance is that you can identify with it and feel comfortable. But if others like the fragrance and you get a lot of compliments, why not? It doesn't harm my ego, on the contrary :) I hope the fragrance will be around for a long time. La Nuit de L'homme and Eros by Versace are definitely my compliment getters no 1. I would only use Eros for clubbing. La nuit, on the other hand, is an evergreen. Versatile King.
dislike the opening, love the ending!
I found this opening to remind me of a apple cider over tone version of trader joes holiday seasonal tea, it really smells just like it, maybe that's why I did not like its opening it was just like the tea except more synthetic
next comes a bit feminine if I smelt this on a woman at this stage I would not think at all that she was wearing mans cologne!
the end smells like a smoothed out moonlight path in-fact it's exactly the same!!!!
I use to use moonlight path lotion with layering always got complements and before nuit! 10-11years ago
but still I wonder if they just took the moonlight oil and dumped it in!
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
The Beat of the Night - La Nuit de L'Homme by YSL
I would kickstart this review with a wholehearted thanks to the community of Parfumo and the readers of my first review for Original Santal by Creed - appreciate your positive feedback !!!

Now, La Nuit de L'Homme is a fragrance which I prefer using on a regular basis, for night occasions strictly.

This scent was created by YSL and launched in 2009 and is still in production.

La Nuit de L'Homme is French for " The Night of the Man "

The noses behind this particular scent are Anne Flipo, Pierre Wargnye and Dominique Ropyon. Mentioned below is my review for the perfume.

Bottle: 8 / 10 - YSL has been known to produce some of the most beautiful, innovative and enduring fashion statements when it comes to bottling. It is one of the most prominent features of there perfumes and interprets in a strong way of what is to be expected from a particular scent. La Nuit is no exception, enclosed in a small cylindrical bottle ( depending on the size ) which is flushed with a grey to black colour contour seamlessly delving from one into the next gives the experience of the dark and powerful allure of the night.

In my opinion It deserves a thumbs up for this projection.

Scent: 8 / 10 - At one point I was considering changing the title for this review as ' Cardamom Blast' ' Cardamom Fever' or ' Cardoholic' because that was my first impression of this juice.

However with the passage of time I have placed this fragrance in line with its proper use and come to realise that it is rightfully heady.

From the first spray there is an undoubted burst of Cardamom, which is the most prominent top note. This note shrouds the perfume in a cloud of mystery, but YSL plays it safe here rather than delving into uncharted territories.

The opening note after a good half an hour or so settles into a hint of Lavender and Lime ( the comfort zone of all perfumers ), but in this case the lavender strongly supports the cardamom blast giving it the spicy and sweet touch. The headiness begins to wear off a bit as the night goes and slowly move towards the intoxicating light of dawn, and this I think is well supported by the presence of Amber, which stays right till the very end, highlighting the lingering presence of the happenings of the previous night.

This mix of cardamom, lavender, lime and amber, in amateur hands would have been a complete disaster, but hats off to YSL and its perfumers.

Longevity: 8 / 10 - I use 3-4 sprays of this perfume and it goes along extremely well for 5-6 hours, I wouldn't recommend more than 3-4 sprays since the opening is pretty heavy, and that can be on most occasions be a deterrent. So go along with at least 3 mild sprays, and you are done for the night.

As far as the theme is concerned, this is meant for evening casual gatherings, and I would not personally recommend it for a day use at office or formal gatherings, since it would defeat the purpose.

This is more of a mysteriously sensual take for the evening and in that regard it just quite lives up to its name.

End - note:

If you ever thought of enshrouding yourself with a contrasting allure which is both magnetic, compelling and reserved, than this might be just right for you. The contradictory sweet and spicy mix of its ingredients such as cardamom and lavender / lime make it that way.

Put this on and get ready to be the pulsating Beat of the Night !!!

Grade - 79% ( B )
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
The King!
The best of the best!

I like this smell wearing suit or elegant dressing,because very regal
and similar my soul... :)
K1
Sexy lavender
Something terrific about this perfume is it's one of the most epidemic fragrances that grew quickly in markets, yet it is one of the best chic masculine in designer realm. There's something in this perfume that makes it very recognizable but, still charms every time I put a nose on it.
La Nuit de l'Homme is about lavender. Spicy, aromatic and rounded with tonka bean and cardamom. This spicy patch delivers smoothness and reduces stinky features of lavender. It's an easygoing fresh-air nighty official fragrance for both genders.
Could be better in longevity but no one bargain for more. Yet the projection is that big to cover up. I don’t believe anyone dislike it. It's a win-win composition much better than cloying l'Homme.
6.5/10
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 2.0/10
A Composition with Potential, a failure nonetheless.
I've worn La Nuit De L'Homme on a number of occasions and each time it has opened differently on my skin. At times it has manifested a peppery aspect, at times woody and on the rare occasion I actually do get some cardamom, never loud and clear, but muted, as if behind a veil of synthetic ambery fuzziness. To summarise the whole composition: a random opening, a heart of anonymous lavender, which then fades into the cheap accord of amber, with a dash of iso-E-super and a pinch of vague, indistinct and artificial spice (I do not get a trace of cumin unfortunately, for that would actually spark some interest into the composition, what I get instead is flat, one-dimensional sweetness). There is no mystery to the composition, which stands amongst the most commercial offerings on the market today, where very little thought and consideration has been given to the composition after the 5 minute mark. Notwithstanding all of this, the fragrance is pleasant, a crowd pleaser, but it seriously lacks in character, depth and complexity and is comprehensively put to shame next to any other YSL creations dating back prior to 2003. A real pity given the potential of the notes listed in the composition, I really do feel the perfumers' budget let the whole project down.
Whatever...
La nuit de who? This is la nuit de le 12 years old sipping a Diet Coke and smoking puff cigarettes. A disappointing, juvenile and cheap lavender-cardamom-woody-tobacco “club scent” smelling like YSL L’Homme layered with Declaration, Lanvin Avantgarde and/or Armani Code, inexplicably relating “night” with a bright, sweetish, teenish vibe. Lasting like a fart - which is good, though: the barely-perceivable drydown is almost enjoyable. If “ladies love this” then either I don’t understand a thing about women or we agree to disagree on the concept of “ladies”. Meh!

5/10
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
"Son of a Bit*h"
For man, true, mysterious, sensual, captivating, manly and fragile at the same,but still keeps this note masculine characters to say " I'm here, feel me, approach to me and falls under my spell without turning you .. ."
A quintessence that is eaten on her man for hours so you get lost in it ... Seducer's perfume par excellence, elixir of Love, of character, where passion collide as the effluvia shots Lightning ... YSL has succeeded, hats Down!
PS:True story. I have a female friend when she smell it, Her nipples instantly get hard...
~ Man of the Night ~
What can you possibly say about a fragrance that has been "Over Hyped" from every angle? The one testimony to it's greatness is despite the myriads of reviews and recommendations it hasn't become a victim of it's own success. The opening of cardamom, bergamont and lavender are perfect for this Holiday season as is the powdery woody dry down for almost any cooler time of the year. It's not overly complex but it is almost like two scents (both a fresh and oriental) in the same bottle. So don't judge it too quickly if put off by the strong cardamom opening as it settles down quite smoothly with a hint of gourmand'ish sweetness that borders on uni~sex. Not as dark or manly as the name would suggest but a very sensual and intoxicating scent that's sure to please. ~

Scent ~ 8.5/10 Luv the Lavender note.
Sillage ~ 7/10 This score of seven is perfect for close quarters.
Longevity ~ 7/10 Just the right amount of life for a night on the town.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 4.0/10
This Is Where I've Smelled This Before
I was not impressed with YSL La Nuit due to its strong resemblance to Penhaligon's Endymion. It's not a clone, however, because La Nuit focuses on its baby oil accord rather than its incense, and Endymion is all incense and no baby oil. I've never been a fan of the latter, so that sunk La Nuit as far as my personal experience goes. I can say that it's a better-blended fragrance than Zino and it does give off a gentlemanly appeal rather than the bad boy appeal of Curve Crush (yes, these are all baby-oil-accord fragrances). On me, the prominent notes were cardamom, vetiver, bergamot, and whatever the fresh/clean note was. It begins and ends as a fruity baby-oil, fresh, gentlemanly scent with the incense popping out halfway through only to submerge again before the end. If you're in the market for this kind of scent, Endymion is a more refined and interesting scent, but I didn't even buy that, so I guess that says something about me and these types of scents.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
An exception
Every time I use this fragrance,I feel calm.The scent of lavender and bergamot in the fragrance,does anyone rapture.
A very complex Compounds That is done very subtly.
Sillage and projection are good.
I have to say: i love it.....
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Great fragrance!
This is a very good blend of wood and spices that smells great.

Opens with a cardamom note that remains for a while and then joins a nice lavender/cedar combo. At the base there's amber and caraway that gives it depth.

Not too sweet neither too dry, it's well balanced. Definetely a beautiful fragrance that's worth it.

Sillage, projection and lasting power are good (8 hours). Thumbs up!

Updated January 2014
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Sensual and mysterious
La Nuit de l'Homme is very woodsy. You have been warned. Woodsy yet clean, this fragrance does have that undeniable classic charm to woo the ladies.

I preferred this particular release over the original L'Homme, due to its darker nature. I like my men to smell mysterious, and this fragrance captures that essence well.

La Nuit de l'Homme may be simplistic, but its basic composition works well. Opening with peppery woods and a boozy rum-like note, this fragrance screams masculinity. A touch of soapiness appears a few seconds into the heart which hints that its wearer, although dangerous, is classy and cool.

Does this fragrance evoke a feeling of a night out on the town? I would say yes, however I'd also encourage those to wear it casually during Winter as well.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Passed
La nuit de l'Homme is a scent that is frequently evoked when guys search for a womanizer / pantydropper / clubbing scent. On youtube you see lots of positive reviews, women are said to go crazy when smelling this stuff.
After I got a sample vial of this scent today I sprayed it on my arm about an hour ago (edit: this was in september 2011). So, I'd like to tell you what I think of it. Maybe you guys are interested in a lady's opinion - though I have to admit that my taste is sure not representative.
The first thing that came to my mind after spraying was that it was very sweet and quite ordinary. Not bad, but not special at all. Though I really like wearing guys' scents I would never wear this one. Despite of its sweetness it screams masculinity. Well, from a neutral point of view it probably doesn't but it has some notes and accords that everyone knows from men's deodorants and cheap after-shafe. Maybe the minty note (not in the pyramid) and some sort of synthetic lavender are responsible for this. Unfortunately I don't get the cardamom.
This description may sound very bad - but actually it is not. Following this poor start the scent develops and gets slightly sweeter. It starts smelling really nice and attractive. Not so special, but very pleasant. It probably works fine for clubbing when the target group consists of younger girls who are probably not experienced perfumistas. A very complex scent would probably tend to overcharge.
This is a pleasant one, you just can't go wrong with ist. It is definitely better than no scent at all (that's not always the case in my opinion). It does have presence, but it is not intrusive. Could become a best-seller like Boss Bottled. I would like to smell it on a man although talking about sweet frags I would personally prefer something more classy like a Guerlain (l'instant extrême for example).

DPArtist 31 days ago
A lovely scent-cardamom & lavender with woods. Alluring & sensual, spicy & fun. Perfect for dates but bring an atomiser, it's not strong.+1
Bottle 7.0
Sillage 6.0
Scent 8.5
Carlitos01 50 days ago
Question? Why does a recognise brand like YSL waters down its leading creation?
Answer: To sell more flankers!
Question: Is it a wise move?+1
Bottle 9.0
Sillage 6.0
Scent 9.0
IanFriedrich 22 months ago
I only have the reformulated version but this fragrance will last for my body for 8 hours & my girl love the scent. Overall, worth to buy.+1
Bottle 5.0

• by Miaw2 by Miaw2
  • by Carlitos01 by Carlitos01
  • by Pateratzi by Pateratzi
  • by Tecon by Tecon
  • Der kleine Flakon ist fast leer. Ging schnell. Daher jetzt 200 ml, auch wenn der Flakon blöd aussieht. by TomDuft
  • by Miaw2 by Miaw2