La Nuit de L'Homme 2009 Eau de Toilette

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent
Top 16 in Men's Perfume
8.4 / 10     1945 RatingsRatingsRatings
La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with L'Homme

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack pepper, Lavender, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Tonka bean

8.4 | 1945 Ratings

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.04.2021.

DieNaseDieNase 9 years ago

„Passed”

La nuit de l'Homme is a scent that is frequently evoked when guys search for a womanizer / pantydropper / clubbing scent. On youtube you see lots of positive reviews, women...
Kouros94Kouros94 6 years ago

„A Composition with Potential, a failure nonetheless.”

I've worn La Nuit De L'Homme on a number of occasions and each time it has opened differently on my skin. At times it has manifested...
The bang lacks bang!
Three noses have come together to bottle this fragrance - and if it is commonly said that many cooks spoil the broth, one must clearly say here: A fourth nose was missing! Now La Nuit de L'Homme is not a halfling, but it is a seven-eighths thing. Somehow unfinished and therefore very resistible. So it's not surprising that it's more or less officially recommended here to pimp the mild fragrance weakling by means of the incomparably more voluminous Le Mâle Le Parfum. Night fragrances, of course, which do not last as long as day fragrances, but so short and uneventful can be no night that this quite inconsequential brew still experiences the first cockcrow.

What surprises me colossally is the Parfumo ranking. The rank 13 (as of today) among all men's fragrances, whose seriousness can that be!!? Supposedly THE dating perfume par excellence, only how bespinnwebt you have to be!? Perhaps this refers exclusively to the dating portal of Gundel Gaukeley? As we all know, Gundel Gaukeley can transform herself into other people (in order to press loud maximum ratings into their names?), her favourite colour is pitch black, which fits to this monster of hexagonal plastic lids, with which one could sail dry-footed over all seven seas. But Gundel's favourite animal is the bull (it's in the word itself), her favourite scent is consequently musk and her favourite plant is the stinkhorn ... Even if we want to exclude Gundel as the culprit of having bewitched the ominous 13, it can nevertheless only have happened with witchcraft! The 40ml ordered by me want to be used up in any case only once, where the fragrance may settle among an estimated 100 fragrances in my arsenal so around place 50.

Sometimes you're here quite nicely fooled, can that be?
A very nice memory
I can still remember very well how I smelled this fragrance at that time the first time. I was with my parents on vacation in Spain and am there always from the beach at noon alone, and in the evening again with my parents in the perfumeries of the old town gone, there I have then so durchgetestet. That was the beginning of my love for fragrances. Anyway, I can still remember exactly how I went over from the beach one lunchtime and had this fragrance in my hand, I quickly sprayed it on the back of my hand, and then it was gone again. On the way back I noticed it and couldn't stop smelling it on my hand, I had to show it to my mom and she loved it too. This sweet-spicy scent by the cardamom, the tonka bean, the pepper and the cedar is for me just the perfect fragrance and now always reminds me of this beautiful holiday with my family back. The next day my parents bought me the perfume and I was happy:D Every time I want to go back to that time I wear this fragrance, so I do not pay attention to whether it fits or not, for me it is just a beautiful reminder of that time. And just that's the great thing about perfume in general, it's not always just the scent but also the memory that you associate with it!

I know it might not be the most helpful review, but I find that these stories other people associate with a fragrance are always very nice to read, so I thought I'd share one of mine :)
The Kokiri Village in the Lost Woods
A special part of my childhood is reflected in this fragrance. Just as special as the scent of this bottle.

I will now take you into the depths of the forest and let you share in what I see when this fragrance reaches me 21.11.1998. I was 12 years old.
A voice hummed my name over and over again. I opened my eyes and a fairy swam around me. I stood up and shook myself. A green robe adorned my childlike body. I walked to the door and looked from my tree house into the kokiri village, amidst the lost forests. Flowers beautiful everywhere. Glades and trees so tall you could barely see the end, giving the village a safe roof over your head. All the elves lived in this place, adults as tall as myself, kind and friendly... kokiris. Lovely ocarina melodies were a constant companion in the lost woods. Behind every stone in every bush, at the streams and in the treetops everywhere there was something to discover. On the day when it was time to go and the sun shone through the canopy, it smelled just like this perfume. One could not describe the moment as well as this fragrance, unique and existing only in the imagination. Yes maybe my scent description is a beautiful fantasy.

Maybe my description is a melody ...in my imagination .... beautiful and quiet .

...Ocarina of Time
The night of the man
An amazement on my part that actually the majority of users here, based on recommendations of some ladies have procured this fragrance.

Yes, it is pleasant to wear on the skin.
Black pepper combined with the tonka bean in the base note, also reflect a masculine fragrance. however, rather "Cheap 0,49, - Action offer men's shower gel masculine"

Here one is in form as "Dateduft" in the wrong "place"

Durability is okay for the PL ratio, but it goes here of course again "better"

Best pantydropper frags
Love the scent, sweet and mass appealing. Women absolutely love this scent. Just not performs good, not long last. But this is a solid dating frags. i hope they make an intense version of this scent, because la nuit l'intense and le parfum are different from the OG one.
The best
I came across La nuit de l'homme through numerous recommendations from women. It is the best fragrance I have ever had. It's sexy and has just the right sweetness for me. It's a great everyday scent, but even better for evening/dating. It smells like a cozy evening with your girlfriend in front of the fireplace or campfire. A real cuddly scent.

The durability on my 2020 version is also good. On the clothes I perceive him even the next day
Nasenbär18
A fragrance that everyone likes
I'm a little ashamed right now, because I have discovered this extremely well-known fragrance only now (for me). Through fragrances like Y or La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum, I had unfortunately a false image of the designer brand.
While the two fragrances mentioned come across very unexciting and simple, I must say that La Nuit de L'Homme has really changed my mind.
It has all the components that I want in an autumnal fragrance. Be it cardamom, vetiver, tonka bean or black pepper.
These components provide a sweet by the tonka bean and cardamom, by the pepper and cedar spicy fragrance. Lavender adds a floral touch, so it comes across as very balanced and pleasant. I'm sure La Nuit de L'Homme won't really clash or annoy with anyone.
The performance, by the way, is also quite good, with me he holds around the 6-7 hours until he is then only body close perceptible.
To the batches I can not say anything, apparently I have received the latest Reformuliering, which again has a good shelf life. Find it good that Ysl has arrowed at the durability, however, I would make sure that none of the older versions are in circulation so that everyone gets the same fragrance.

Verdict: La Nuit de L'Homme is a very fragrant fragrance. None of the components is annoying and you get so some compliments as a wearer. For me, it is a clear autumn fragrance, however, I would also wear it in the spring up to 20 degrees, because it smells just very pleasant. For the winter he is not strong enough for me, I prefer a Givenchy Gentleman or Spicebomb Extreme.
So La Nuit de L'Homme is a people pleaser and leaves the wearer smelling very clean and cozy. It is suitable for the night, for going out but in moderate doses also as an everyday fragrance

Arman038
Great scent, bad performance.
Yves Saint Laurent la nuit de l'homme. Classic.

Once you've smelled it, you won't forget it. It opens up with a strong lavender and cardamon smell. Really sexy and adictive. The drydown is probaly the best part of this fragrance. It's so alluring.

But, as you already know, there's a downside. It lacks performance. It's shame. After 5 hours, it's completely gone off my skin. Of course, I have travel atomizers, but it's still unfortunate that it doesn't perform.

I still suggest you to get this fragrance. It's too sexy to not have this one your collection. In my opinion this one is the beste fragrance for dates.
SILLAGE AND DURABILITY GOOD
Have blindly bought this beautiful fragrance, initially I had a headache because I always stumbled on poor durability and sillage in the comments. Had the fragrance applied 8h ago on the back of the hand, and can not understand the many negative comments, at least with me this fragrance is well perceivable and neatly good at the sillage and HB . The batch is from October 2020 , which was yes discussed whether this was made stronger again. Absolute buy recommendation and all-rounder for everyday life. #YSL#GUTESILLAGEUNDHALTBARKEIT
The best date scent
I have been on many dates and on every single one of them, I have taken La nuit de l'homme for the first impression. And it has worked perfectly every time, very seductive fragrance and from my own point of view better and more uniquer than The One Epd. To make a bad impression with this fragrance is almost impossible, unfortunately the durability and sillage is very poor. But since you are on a date anyway, mostly looking for closeness or you are generally close. This is not a problem. I remain with the opinion that if the thing would still hold long, it would clearly be one of the best perfumes of all time.

NicSealNicSeal 3 days ago
The juxtaposition of fresh and warm facets is immaculately done. Comforting, sexy & versatile. The embodiment of sensuality & a perfect DNA.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Fresh spicy opening with bergamot, lavender and cardamom. Then the lavender gets smoother, sweeter, perfectly blended with more spices.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 5 months ago
not a big fan, but the only one to get me more compliments than this one is Layton, this is why i wear it from time to time...
RisendyRisendy 6 months ago
Sweet cardamon, very sexy and cozy. Great for dates. My old bottle (around 2015) has a good performance.
TsoTso 7 months ago
My 2nd ever 'real' fragrance. I was a 'hype victim'. Still, the scent is amazing and still works to pull a lot of compliments. Sexy spicy.
AithanAithan 7 months ago
Performance of 2018 bottle is weak. Only lasts on skin for 2 - 3 hrs. Then, only powdery fade note left as skin scent for few hrs
Good scent
TamashiiTamashii 8 months ago
Just like magic. magnificent
Dan81Dan81 11 months ago
Inhale and sigh in awe of this perfect scent every time. Sniffing her is equivalent to being embraced by her. Wish I can wear it more often
Arman038Arman038 1 year ago
The scent is great but the performance is horrible. Proper date scent
DemeteraDemetera 2 years ago
THE DATE SCENT - with capslock. Well it smells like a romantic dinner. It has a special pantydropper vibe. Amazing, but not for daily use.

by StefaniH
by Gumschel
by Gumschel
by Tecon
by Tecon
Der kleine Flakon ist fast leer. Ging schnell. Daher jetzt 200 ml, auch wenn der Flakon blöd aussieht.
by R0din
by Thecombad
by FernandoBR
by FernandoBR

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent