La Nuit de L'Homme 2009Eau de Toilette

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent
Top 14 in Men's Perfume
La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack pepper, Lavender, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.01.2021.

DieNaseDieNase 9 years ago

„Passed”

La nuit de l'Homme is a scent that is frequently evoked when guys search for a womanizer / pantydropper / clubbing scent. On youtube you see lots of positive reviews, women...
Kouros94Kouros94 5 years ago

„A Composition with Potential, a failure nonetheless.”

I've worn La Nuit De L'Homme on a number of occasions and each time it has opened differently on my skin. At times it has manifested...
The best date scent
I have been on many dates and on every single one of them, I have taken La nuit de l'homme for the first impression. And it has worked perfectly every time, very seductive fragrance and from my own point of view better and more uniquer than The One Epd. To make a bad impression with this fragrance is almost impossible, unfortunately the durability and sillage is very poor. But since you are on a date anyway, mostly looking for closeness or you are generally close. This is not a problem. I remain with the opinion that if the thing would still hold long, it would clearly be one of the best perfumes of all time.

Winter favorite
This is my favorite winter go-to fragrance, together with Layton.

I haven't tried older formulas, but with my 19 batch I get a decent performance when sprayed on skin and clothes.
If I don't was my clothes the scent stays for days.

It not a complex scent that will make you stand out, but it's really easy to like and pull off by most men/boys.

A classic
Current bottling great!
I can not understand the various comments about the poor durability. On my shirt even after days extremely noticeable (when it should be in the washing machine).

The fragrance starts freshly fruity and develops towards a slight sweetness with a certain woody note. I find it very appropriate and wearable even in 2020. I would not associate it with any particular time of year or day. Can he highly recommended.
The hammer
Have him bought me blindly, after I find the le Parfum version already very good.

Great fragrance for the man the women love.

An absolute recommendation for men who also like to wear sweet fragrances. The women will thank you. ?

Unfortunately, no Performance Beast, but the fragrance itself is the hammer.

All Time Classic
Reformulation problem
What you hear of the old batches so sounds mega, thought to me "Soo bad can not be the reformulated version" well the scent is not bad but he is just tonka bean sweet and cardamom spicy in a very unexciting ratio. Sure cardamom and tonka bean is sexy but there might be more awesome versions of this dream combo. Maybe an underpinning not too dominant trace of chocolate pure and he would be mega. At least I like cocoa with cardamom and vanilla. I'd wear it on dates but it's definitely not that convincing or willowy. But it also has a nice freshly showered soap touch. From there, he is decent, the sillage could be better and the durability as well but on balance to recommend, even if the comment now sounded so negative.
NiceSmell
Cozy for the evening for two
What can I say? A detailed feedback, I may not be able to give. I got the rest from a buddy, so there are still about 3-5ml left. It is a batch from the year 2013. I think it is a pleasant smell, has a slight sweetness, which I like very much. When I apply it I feel moved to a cosy place, maybe a ski resort with fireplace and many candles. With a cocoa, cookies and a nice film Just spend a cozy evening.
It does not nick and is perceived as pleasant. I would classify it in the autumn/winter time. From my point of view, everyone can wear it, whether young or old, no problem.
It's got me
I've avoided getting carried away for a long time. And now that I couldn't fight it anymore, I finally got La Nuit de L'homme. And I was afraid... I got it... I kind of fell in love with what I consider to be a masterpiece of olfactory perception art.

I have already made a statement about it, but forgive me, because I don't want to have the scent appreciated with just a few words.

As soon as the fragrance leaves the bottle, I perceive this sensual sweetness, which makes me sniff at myself all the time. I admit... I'm a "if it-it-weeksly-licious-smells-always-on-myself" sniffer.

Strangely enough, I feel the peppery sweetness somehow at the opening and more and more in the further course that the sweetness asserts itself and is accompanied by peppery-spicy. The fragrance, at least in my perception, remains almost constantly delicious until it is completely gone.

Of course I know that with my lines on the durability of La Nuit de L'homme I am not really reinventing the wheel of sad realisation...

This very attractive and very sensual scent is, at least for me, only about 3 hours in total, whereby the last hour is of course only very close.

Anyway... ...busted is busted. Then love must be rekindled every three hours
Difficult
I ordered a 100 ml bottle of the fragrance a long time ago and it is still 90% full. The scent is good. It's okay. That's all it is. It evaporates on me like nothing. It's got no character. Yours is boring and conservative. There must be lovers, but I'm not one. If you want to play it safe with scents, there are definitely other candidates. I don't have anyone in my life who finds him appealing either. Unfortunately the bottle will probably stay in the cupboard for a longer time

Demetera
I hate to admit it, I like it
I heard from this because Jeremy Fragrance hype it up. The notes are perfect, so i just jumped in as a blindbuy. (2019, so its after every reformulation)

First time I really disliked it, because its a totally diferent type of masculanity than I expected, its much more refined and sophisticated than The Armani Code, The Zadig This is Him, Sauvage or The One. Its much more focused on spices than sweetness or freshness with a fresh, undeterminable side note.

But some weeks later I give it a try again..and again..and again. And after the 5th try I just realised its really likeable, just different enough to need some time tu understand it.

The fun fact is the longetivity. Every person on the internet cry about this frag's performance, but I just experience the opposite. Its sillage is perfect for an elegant and sophisticated fragrance, not loud, but not too close to the skin. If someone close to you, its 100% recognizable, but not if you are just walk in front of someone, so you cannot annoy anyone with this sillage. Its the perfect for an elegance fragrance, isnt it?

The longetivity is totally okay on me too, its 6+ hours with 15 cm of range at the last hours - but I think its enough for this type of smell - its not a Sauvage type statments after all :)
Matek84
Online petition for more durability?
Worldwide, LNDL is certainly one of the most popular men's fragrances next to Aventus when it comes to female compliments. For my part, I for one have never been regularly approached by FREMEN women and asked what kind of fragrance it is, except this one. If you look at YouTube videos and reactions to LNDL, the response seems to be the same worldwide.
The problem with it is that it only lasts for 2 hours and customers have to resort to fragrances that unfortunately do not evoke the same "success" with the ladies or to dupes like Midnight Rendevouz from DUA (without doubt very close to the original and yet it does not evoke the multitude of compliments).
Nor do I see the harm in the consumer paying the same money for less quality. I thought about whether it might make sense to create an online petition, which on the one hand calls for the reformulation of LNDL but perhaps even more importantly, which is generally against the reformulation of perfumes. Surely a fragrance can go with the times and some are certainly not modern enough and get a new twist that makes it more wearable today or it has to be adapted because an ingredient is banned. Everything ok, but if fragrances are bungled from 12 hours+ to 2 hours, then I think it's truly a scam on the consumer that one can and should actively defend oneself against.
What do you think? I could well imagine that the response could be very high even beyond German borders.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 23 days ago
Fresh spicy opening with bergamot, lavender and cardamom. Then the lavender gets smoother, sweeter, perfectly blended with more spices.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 2 months ago
not a big fan, but the only one to get me more compliments than this one is Layton, this is why i wear it from time to time...
RisendyRisendy 3 months ago
Sweet cardamon, very sexy and cozy. Great for dates. My old bottle (around 2015) has a good performance.
TsoTso 4 months ago
My 2nd ever 'real' fragrance. I was a 'hype victim'. Still, the scent is amazing and still works to pull a lot of compliments. Sexy spicy.
AithanAithan 4 months ago
Performance of 2018 bottle is weak. Only lasts on skin for 2 - 3 hrs. Then, only powdery fade note left as skin scent for few hrs
Good scent
TamashiiTamashii 5 months ago
Just like magic. magnificent
Dan81Dan81 8 months ago
Inhale and sigh in awe of this perfect scent every time. Sniffing her is equivalent to being embraced by her. Wish I can wear it more often
NicSealNicSeal 8 months ago
Addictive, sexy, great scent. So much so i excuse the average performance (5 hours) Hence bring portable atomizer if needed for more hours.
Arman038Arman038 10 months ago
The scent is great but the performance is horrible. Proper date scent
DemeteraDemetera 1 year ago
THE DATE SCENT - with capslock. Well it smells like a romantic dinner. It has a special pantydropper vibe. Amazing, but not for daily use.

by StefaniH
by Gumschel
by Gumschel
by Tecon
by Tecon
Der kleine Flakon ist fast leer. Ging schnell. Daher jetzt 200 ml, auch wenn der Flakon blöd aussieht.
by R0din
by ThodorisS3
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent