La Nuit de L'Homme 2009 Eau de Toilette

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent
Top 16 in Men's Perfume
8.4 / 102088 Ratings
La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with L'Homme

CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
Tonka beanTonka bean

8.42088 Ratings

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.07.2021.

DieNaseDieNase 10 years ago

„Passed”

La nuit de l'Homme is a scent that is frequently evoked when guys search for a womanizer / pantydropper / clubbing scent. On youtube you see lots of positive reviews, women...
Kouros94Kouros94 6 years ago

„A Composition with Potential, a failure nonetheless.”

I've worn La Nuit De L'Homme on a number of occasions and each time it has opened differently on my skin. At times it has manifested...
2021- the Pure Dilution
I think about the smell you do not need to lose many words, sexy, seductive, sweet and at the same time a certain freshness
This fragrance fits just perfect in a dating situation or in the evening hours.
Now to the point why I must advise against buying this fragrance.
That this perfume has often been reformulated, is an open secret.

Nevertheless, it has been reported several times that the performance should be better again from 2020.
"Better" is the right word here, who better associated with good lies here unfortunately Wrong.

I have no comparison to 2018 version, however, the Akutelle batch holds a maximum of 4 hours and becomes very very skin after 1 hour.
The projection is thereby even after tracking hardly Nennenswert.

I would unfortunately continue to Abraten this perfume to buy. Who does not have the luck to find a Günstige vintage version should rather save his money.

MarkyMark
A greeting from the past
For me, the fragrance was at the time so close to the date of its release a real revelation. A friend wore him one evening to go out and I was immediately in love...in the fragrance, I knew the friend already longer ;-)
On the evening but has me the fragrance so flashed that I'm already in the coming week in the perfumery getigert to be able to call him my own.

Since then, a few years had passed, in which for reasons I can not quite explain myself today, this bottle was missing in my collection. But whenever I passed him on my forays in various department stores of this world, I felt a certain nostalgia. He reminded me of this one evening, as well as many others from this period of my life.

When I stumbled now a good year ago on an offer at an unbeatable price, landed Le nuit de l`Homme after a small eternity again in my possession.

I was too curious how I would judge this fragrance for me as a mid-twenties was the navel of the world, probably today.

My conclusion: Good remains good, that already times away from the front...
Today I can at least perceive a little more differentiated what this fragrance is actually about. He starts with bergamot and cardamom and it takes a while until I can perceive the peppery. On the other hand, the cedar wood is immediately present for me which sets a beautiful chord. Like so many fragrances that I like very much, this one is rather dry. An absolutely classic men's fragrance...clear, noble and dry.
The course is very linear, I feel no very big development after the first few minutes.
Which in itself is absolutely nothing bad, because the fragrance is great.
The eternal criticism of the durability remains. It is a real pity that YSL does not manage to give this classic something more Wumms. Whether that was different to the release at that time I can no longer say. Six hours are today the maximum in which I can perceive him and that only body close. There are definitely today quite different caliber in my collection.
Nevertheless, the fragrance remains simply wonderful and I still wear it.
Maybe nostalgia actually plays a role, because unlike many people and also the friend through which I was allowed to get to know La nuit de l`Homme back then, this fragrance still has a place in my life and reminds of other, perhaps simpler times.
Blazn67
I can't feel it! I can't smell it!
It is what it is, I thought to myself. Have given the fragrance a chance, been on the road as a patron. Was unfortunately drastically dramatically disappointed.
Rarely have I had to endure such a smell in the nose.... What kind of smell was it? None at all!
I was hoping to catch a nice all-day scent - blind purchase. Did not go well.

Unpacked, very nice bottle. Applied, no scent development - nothing. Waited - nothing. Reapplied - nothing. Possibly I have caught a wrong batch. But what I had to endure there was simply unbearable. I was very sad and disappointed.

Accordingly, I can really only say that I can not recommend the entire fragrance, the sillage as well as the durability.
Perennial
This fragrance was one of my first "blind purchases" in my young fragrance career. I have seen so many positive reviews on the net that I have saved me the sample sniffing and directly times the 100 ml version of the fragrance got hold of!

2 sprays on the forearm and...wow, what a spicy, masculine scent! It has a slightly smoky, creamy aroma, I also detect a slight hint of lavender. Although I'm not the biggest lavender fan, this is wonderfully incorporated into La nuit de l'homme that I find it really fitting!

The scent lasts a minimum of 5 hours and is very intense, but still leaves people in the area breathing room :)

I keep him Perfect for the club or beautiful summer evenings. Can imagine him, however, actually in any weather scenario.

On the subject of compliments - You get a lot with this miracle water. It is striking, however, that just the ladies 40+ on the fragrance departs. So it also happened that my 75 year old neighbor, has thrown me a "mmmmh" after :)

Would I buy this fragrance again "blind"? Yes, absolutely! For me a must have fragrance! - Should be on many a Christmas wish list ;)
Women beware!
So there flies me but actually a tester of the fragrance in the house. Hmmmm. What do you do with it now? The fragrance is called "the night of the man" or something like that. It doesn't really appeal to me and my husband is not the perfume type par excellence. To give it away without testing it? Nope, can't do that either. So, eh had to go and have no fragrance on it, just spray on, what the heck.
Joa, the smells really good. On a man probably really really great... After about half an hour I ask myself seriously what or who smells here soas of without end guuuuut??? I turn around and look and sniff and think very sharply. Yikes!!! That's actually me!!!! A wonderful, beautiful absolutely "unisex" tonka bean mixed with beautiful spices. I'm thrilled! Really warm and spicy and at least on my skin it doesn't remind me of a men's fragrance anymore. Girls, I dare you to ignore the masculine top note (vetiver?) and have a little patience. You can thank me later... ?
Good Scent / Sh**** Performance
La Nuit de L'Homme is certainly one of the most popular mainstream party fragrances. This is also in no way meant negatively.
It is a fragrance that you smell very happy and which is also versatile. Just an all-rounder.

Performance:

In recent years, the performance has suffered due to various reformulations. Durability up to 4/5Std. is possible for the current batch. But one should adjust to less.
The sillage is initially very good after spraying. After 3-4Std. one should re-spray but if you want to stay fragrant throughout the day.

Where can you wear the fragrance?

In my opinion, a great party fragrance, but can also be worn for work / school, leisure, shopping, etc.. Especially for younger people a super fragrance.

My opinion:

A wonderful fragrance creation, which is worn by numerous reformulations no longer so gladly by me, because I have no desire to spray me 5x a day with it.
Who comes to an old batch, will certainly be happy with this perfume. Would like to get me a new bottle, which I will not do, however, because price / performance are no longer in proportion.
AlterHerr
A tiny bit too intrusive
Disclaimer: I am an older gentleman of advanced retirement age who has applied fragrances for personal pleasure all his life. I have neither an analytical nose and professional background knowledge, nor the urge to remain as objective as possible in evaluations, as far as this seems at all possible with fragrances.

The fragrance YSL La Nuit de l'Homme reviewed here as Edt (current batch 2021) develops immediately after application a pleasing sweetness, which is reminiscent of a lush fresh bouquet of flowers. The cardamom dominates the bergamot here, whereby citrus-like perceptions are largely absent with me, or only very, very subtly take place.

This floral top note performs comparatively long, which in my opinion will also emerge as the greatest weakness of the Eau de toilettes. The fragrance develops thereby namely at the beginning of a certain obtrusiveness, without ever having the self-confident dominance of a high-priced vintage Oriental, which anyway signals that he is not willing to take into account others present. Rather, I would want to describe this floral sweetness as discreetly stealthy-immature. Not unpleasant, quite flattering and yet a little sneaky.

As a date fragrance, it requires a certain naivety from the counterpart.

Fortunately, the peppery aromas dampen the floral initial chord with increasing wearing time a little, whereby the emerging pleasant sharpness nevertheless at no time allows the use of the adjective "masculine". La Nuit de l'Homme exudes in the dryout no aura of wanting to conquer, but the familiarity of a friend with whom you sometimes like to meet for a cup of tea, but never want to wake up every morning, which of course remains due to the now dominant vanilla aroma of tonka bean.

The ever-so-slightly powdery, sticky honey sweetness that creeps ever so gently from floral bouquet to confection when worn just can't create enough nervous tension for me to really recommend this scent for a date. As a daily, however, it is equally unsuitable for men, as the sweetness of its DNA must seem unprofessional in a business setting.

If one likes the fragrance profile of the top note, then I would like to be allowed to recommend as an alternative here expressly Prada Amber pour homme, because cardamom and bergamot are supplemented here by a certain aquatic freshness, and also the sillage reveals more room for a more distanced togetherness.

Actually, I see Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit d l'Homme Edt in 2021 as more of an interesting women's fragrance for the 25-35 age group. Floral enough to retain a certain femininity, and yet - especially in the heart note thanks to pepper and wood - cool enough to never slide into something unpleasantly submissive.

Now I remain in the hope that my first review will not meet with too much displeasure, and look forward to further experiences in the community.
Df92
Indiana Jones and the search for the cardamom-gral
Sadly, I never got to enjoy the vintage version, which will probably be sought out by a post-modern reinterpreted Indiana Jones in a sunken drugstore temple in the latest movie edition in 2071.

Very likely by then, cinema technology will be at the stage where we can not only enjoy excellent picture and sound quality, but smells will also be introduced.

Reviews would then probably be: Historically, the film was not quite correct, since the vintage version was known to have a heavy flacon lid, makes despite dozens of sequels nevertheless still fun, Indy wields the whip even despite the Xth film still skillfully, his scene partners also succumb repeatedly to his charm and at the end gibts again a happy ending, DENNOCH: earlier was definitely more cardamom!
So or so similar..

My first contact with La Nuit took place in 2015 and I can confirm as far as my memory does not deceive me completely: there was definitely more cardamom in the past!

Meanwhile, I am in possession of a new bottle, batch 2020, and must break a lance for the fragrance at this point, whose magic captivated me at the time.
The longevity is good again! At least on my skin it is clearly noticeable for 8 hours, the sillage is also good in the first 2-3 hours.

The top note is from the spiciness but throttled compared to what I claim to have smelled here once, not excessively, but already clearly perceptible.

In the drydown, however, I smell hardly, to no differences from previous batch versions - rather on the contrary, I take here the 2020 version was stronger compared to recent years (2019,18,17).

The powdery, fresh woodiness of the La Nuit DNA has remained the same at its core, and smells no less bad than it used to.
So, in the words of a pirouetting YouTube luminary, to ask the drugstore sales staff, clapping her hands insistently, "Is La Nuit de'l homme still worth it in 2021 ?!"
- In my opinion, yes.

Cardamom enthusiasts will probably disagree with me there, but that's ok. :)
The bang lacks bang!
Three noses have come together to bottle this fragrance - and if it is commonly said that many cooks spoil the broth, one must clearly say here: A fourth nose was missing! Now La Nuit de L'Homme is not a halfling, but it is a seven-eighths thing. Somehow unfinished and therefore very resistible. So it's not surprising that it's more or less officially recommended here to pimp the mild fragrance weakling by means of the incomparably more voluminous Le Mâle Le Parfum. Night fragrances, of course, which do not last as long as day fragrances, but so short and uneventful can be no night that this quite inconsequential brew still experiences the first cockcrow.

What surprises me colossally is the Parfumo ranking. The rank 13 (as of today) among all men's fragrances, whose seriousness can that be!!? Supposedly THE dating perfume par excellence, only how bespinnwebt you have to be!? Perhaps this refers exclusively to the dating portal of Gundel Gaukeley? As we all know, Gundel Gaukeley can transform herself into other people (in order to press loud maximum ratings into their names?), her favourite colour is pitch black, which fits to this monster of hexagonal plastic lids, with which one could sail dry-footed over all seven seas. But Gundel's favourite animal is the bull (it's in the word itself), her favourite scent is consequently musk and her favourite plant is the stinkhorn ... Even if we want to exclude Gundel as the culprit of having bewitched the ominous 13, it can nevertheless only have happened with witchcraft! The 40ml ordered by me want to be used up in any case only once, where the fragrance may settle among an estimated 100 fragrances in my arsenal so around place 50.

Sometimes you're here quite nicely fooled, can that be?
A very nice memory
I can still remember very well how I smelled this fragrance at that time the first time. I was with my parents on vacation in Spain and am there always from the beach at noon alone, and in the evening again with my parents in the perfumeries of the old town gone, there I have then so durchgetestet. That was the beginning of my love for fragrances. Anyway, I can still remember exactly how I went over from the beach one lunchtime and had this fragrance in my hand, I quickly sprayed it on the back of my hand, and then it was gone again. On the way back I noticed it and couldn't stop smelling it on my hand, I had to show it to my mom and she loved it too. This sweet-spicy scent by the cardamom, the tonka bean, the pepper and the cedar is for me just the perfect fragrance and now always reminds me of this beautiful holiday with my family back. The next day my parents bought me the perfume and I was happy:D Every time I want to go back to that time I wear this fragrance, so I do not pay attention to whether it fits or not, for me it is just a beautiful reminder of that time. And just that's the great thing about perfume in general, it's not always just the scent but also the memory that you associate with it!

I know it might not be the most helpful review, but I find that these stories other people associate with a fragrance are always very nice to read, so I thought I'd share one of mine :)

50something50something 1 month ago
It's very pleasant. I wouldn't consider a single fragrance sexy on me so I wear this on regular occasions. 2 sprays for office. 9/10
Blako11Blako11 2 months ago
Unique perfume, elegant, a perfume for a romantic evening or for a date, it is a perfume that will generate many compliments.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 months ago
I find it very boring as the cardamom is too dominating to the point that you just smell one note. I would have wished they added some amber
MrLawmanMrLawman 3 months ago
Another day, I've send YSL an email if they could re-release the first formulation. One day I'll prevail...
NicSealNicSeal 4 months ago
The juxtaposition of fresh and warm facets is immaculately done. Comforting, sexy & versatile. The embodiment of sensuality & a perfect DNA.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Fresh spicy opening with bergamot, lavender and cardamom. Then the lavender gets smoother, sweeter, perfectly blended with more spices.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 9 months ago
not a big fan, but the only one to get me more compliments than this one is Layton, this is why i wear it from time to time...
RisendyRisendy 10 months ago
Sweet cardamon, very sexy and cozy. Great for dates. My old bottle (around 2015) has a good performance.
TsoTso 11 months ago
My 2nd ever 'real' fragrance. I was a 'hype victim'. Still, the scent is amazing and still works to pull a lot of compliments. Sexy spicy.
AithanAithan 11 months ago
Performance of 2018 bottle is weak. Only lasts on skin for 2 - 3 hrs. Then, only powdery fade note left as skin scent for few hrs
Good scent

by Pateratzi
by Pateratzi
by Tecon
by Tecon
Der kleine Flakon ist fast leer. Ging schnell. Daher jetzt 200 ml, auch wenn der Flakon blöd aussieht.
by R0din
by Thecombad
by FernandoBR
by FernandoBR

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent