La Nuit de L'Homme 2009 Eau de Toilette

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent
Top 18 in Men's Perfume
La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with L'Homme

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot CardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack pepperBlack pepper LavenderLavender CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.05.2022.

MisskMissk 10 years ago
La Nuit de l'Homme is very woodsy. You have been warned. Woodsy yet clean, this fragrance does have that undeniable classic charm to woo the ladies. I...
Kouros94Kouros94 7 years ago
I've worn La Nuit De L'Homme on a number of occasions and each time it has opened differently on my skin. At times it has manifested...

LA NUIT DE L'HOMME
Unfortunately new batches are not strong like some are claiming. If you compare them side-by-side to the 2009-11 formula you can clearly tell the difference.

The fact of the matter is that reformulations occur because of EU restrictions on banned ingredients used in previous formulations. This is what killed the magic of La Nuit. Once they are banned the fragrance must be reformulated and will never be quite the same. Obviously, it can't be without the original ingredients. The makers try to come close but because of the ingredients that were banned in this case it made La Nuit incredibly weak.

I've collected this fragrance for years and can confidently say the 2009-11 years are legendary. A true masterpiece that draws an immense amount of compliments. I've never experienced anything like it. If you find any, you would be wise to grab them and experience the original formula. There is no comparison to the current version.

I don't get it
Some fragrances may truly be "invisible" to my nose. I can not grasp their alleged charms (which of course presupposes that they have them).
La Nuit de l'Homme, for me, is just an almost perfectly linear tonka/lavender scent - and that's an underlying tone that I think desperately needs some harsher contrasts to become interesting. If LNDH were a car, it would be beige over everything - from the tires to the windshield wipers. Or it would be a kitchen with all the cabinet fronts, even the stove top and the pots on it covered in woodchip wallpaper: In faded vanilla color.
Already in my statement to the Bleu Electrique-Flanker I wrote of the feeling to have Nivea on the tongue - and with the original it is actually quite exactly so. I feel there exclusively penetrating creaminess. Cardamom at most in the prologue of the top note; pepper, bergamot, vetiver not at all. Especially the weak cardamom is a pity, because yes, it would make a good contrast - if it were there. And strengthened by a factor of 3 to 4.
I also don't think it's because of the oft-maligned reformulations. Because as I said, recently I had just bought the Bleu Electrique, which is supposed to be so incredibly close to the vintage version, and there the DNA is no different. There, too, almost only oppressive creaminess. At least I can tell the fans of LNDH after the comparison of both fragrances, that the differences between current batches and the reissued vintage version are really not great.
But yeah, very boring for me, unfortunately. Beige.
YSL the Magician
For me, YSL stands for magical moments in the world of fragrances. Or rather, let's say stood. Opium was my first contact with YSL, back when I was 16 years old, standing behind the counter during the holidays. One day my boss came into the store with this fragrance, and it was love at first breath. I don't even remember how many bottles of Opium I bought back then, it was a lot.
The second magical scent was Kouros. Such a tart animalic masculine I have never smelled again.
And then comes La Nuit. This fragrance is mMn. a stroke of genius. The is refined, very difficult to grasp. If I smell it ten times, I smell something else ten times. Sometimes sweet, sometimes spicy, sometimes slightly floral, but in any case a pleasure every time. A depth that is rarely found even in much more expensive fragrances. A fragrance that you just want to be enveloped by, no matter when, no matter what the occasion. And I personally don't know anyone who didn't like it. If I could only choose 5 fragrances for the rest of my life, La Nuit would definitely be one of them

CTD
I’ve tried to like this but..,
Over the years I’ve bottle (and then given away!) a number of bottles of this. I’ve listened to and read so many reviews extolling its attributes and I would certainly agree that the original version was truly unique and intoxicating. However, most recent versions are less enjoyable and leave me feeling disappointed.
Biancoverde
The pure desire for more...
La Nuit de L'Homme is probably one of the most famous men's fragrances that has come under fire in recent years for reformulations. Admittedly, I've only been immersed in the perfume universe for about a year and must confess that I came across this perfume via a YouTuber, who is probably known by the entire Parfumo community. This raved about this fragrance, but at the same time mourned the old version of the fragrance because of the worse durability. Curiosity got the better of me and I went to town to test the scent and understand the hype surrounding the fragrance DNA. And it should also take 2-3 test runs until it really grabbed me and I finally bought it. Since then, however, he does not let me go, so that at least one sniff of the fragrance is now part of the daily routine.

It should also be noted that I have never smelled the old versions of the perfume, which may also have the advantage for me that I can not compare him. Thus, my evaluation is subjective, but definitely not biased by the original version.

How to classify the fragrance?
The YSL classic is a wonderful blend of sweetness, spice and at the same time also freshness, which makes it a distinctive olfactory experience. The interplay of lavender and cardamom have absolute addictive potential and trigger a feeling of desire. You literally get a desire for more.

The sillage is decent, although not a fragrance that fogs the whole room. Seen in this way, he does not overrun the people present, but pulls the people who are standing nearby, but in his spell.
For me, the optimal fragrance for going out, because it is not too penetrating, but is still seductive.

The flacon head is in the smaller fillings m.E. too large. From 100ml, however, I find him adequate, which leads to a nevertheless respectable overall picture.

Now to the much criticized durability:
I had after the many negative more current reviews great worries, which kept me from a purchase for a long time. But after several tests and the purchase of the perfume a year ago, I can only say: far from it! To my own surprise, I had to find out that the scent sticks to me for far more than 8h and I myself often still perceive it on me the next morning, so more than 12h after spraying. Of course, factors such as batch (2020) and especially the skin of the wearer play a role here. Apparently, I am blessed with the fact that fragrances stick with me for a very long time. Since I write here but only from my point of view I can evaluate the fragrance also only with a very good durability.

In summary, La Nuit de L'Homme is a perfume that will probably remain in my perfume collection for a long time. The addiction to this fragrance is too great. Interesting for all LNDLH lovers should also be the Bleu Electrique Flanker from this year, which I have tested only once, but has also absolutely convinced me. In addition, however, another time more ;)

Thus I am already at the end of my first review, which is perhaps not a lurid story, but rather tries to analyze the perfume soberly. In this sense: see you again at the next review :)
I just love this scent
The fragrance, which many mourn because of the old batch is super smooth, slightly powdery, seductive, sensual. A fragrance where you get goose bumps when you get him under the nose because everything is just right
The only drawback was that after the reformulation of the performance was really ridiculous and the fragrance after 30 minutes!!! was as good as gone. This has now changed with the 2020 variant but again and I think the performance is absolutely solid.

The scent lasts with me 10 -12 hours, 8 of which are really well perceivable as an aura and the remaining 2 hour he is very close to the skin and then only smellable on the skin.

How do you get the scent to perform? Overspray!!! Anyone who loves the scent and no longer has the old formula, it should simply try 2-3 sprays per spot instead of one. It will be even better if you put some Ambroxan and Iso E-Super over it, then you can pimp the sillage also still something and the scent is clearly more perceptible.

Compliment factor is very high with this fragrance. Women love this fragrance.

Many also swear by the Bleu Electrique, which is also wonderful bar, however, this one has a little more depth and is in my opinion a little sexier.
Unfortunately too weak performance
If I had to describe this fragrance in one sentence it would probably be this.
The little, weaker brother of Stronger with you by Georgio Armani The fragrance pyramid is similar and so we assumed that we would love this fragrance as well.
I want with my introductory sentence by no means say that the fragrances are the same. They are definitely not, we had thought they would be very similar but the differences are serious.
Already alone the prelude, also here at YSL we have spices. But they remind us more of a spice box that was open for a long time and therefore lost some of the aroma.
So soft, unobtrusive start. Here no one is bothered and already here the sillage keeps within limits. Perceptible but no beast.
As it progresses, some sweetness is added, again very discreet.
It is basically a fragrance for the man who wants to smell good but in any case not stand out or even bother. Unfortunately, he also holds with my husband not very good. He smells himself so two hours, I him so about 4 hours. With such a light start is not very surprising but annoying, because no one wants to drag along his perfume and constantly nachlegen.
The bottle looks massive to me, with the huge lid. The fragrance is unfortunately not half as bulky.
In itself, the fragrance is quite ok, sillage and durability rather disappointing.
Old formulation eruirt
Recently, I have fortunately determined 2 bottles with the old formulation.
Subsequently, I was able to call them my acquisition.
This was already quite expensive for a vintage designer, but still worth it.
When applying from the fragrance, just gorgeous.
This spicy, slightly oriental cardamom intermingled with the sweet-smelling tonka bean, definitely fascinating.
At the time as so to speak beführworter of the fashion label YSL all 3 fragrances of La Nuit - series received.
Was I of one more or less enthusiastic.
But it is not only the person who becomes more mature, but also the character develops further, one or the other attitude manifests itself or even changes.
The LNdH in the EdT version is still a little treasure, my little treasure. But as many have this knowledge, the durability nowadays, but quite strongly downgraded, due to reduced quality.
The fragrance remains nevertheless a class fragrance.

Fragrances have the ingenious magic to evoke thoughts & emotions that have been lived through.
Positive as well as negative.
Often one connects rather positive existential experiences in such a moment.

Therefore, this small treasure remains me in 2-fold version also still as long as possible fragrant.

Thank you my little treasure!
2021- the Pure Dilution
I think about the smell you do not need to lose many words, sexy, seductive, sweet and at the same time a certain freshness
This fragrance fits just perfect in a dating situation or in the evening hours.
Now to the point why I must advise against buying this fragrance.
That this perfume has often been reformulated, is an open secret.

Nevertheless, it has been reported several times that the performance should be better again from 2020.
"Better" is the right word here, who better associated with good lies here unfortunately Wrong.

I have no comparison to 2018 version, however, the Akutelle batch holds a maximum of 4 hours and becomes very very skin after 1 hour.
The projection is thereby even after tracking hardly Nennenswert.

I would unfortunately continue to Abraten this perfume to buy. Who does not have the luck to find a Günstige vintage version should rather save his money.

MarkyMark
A greeting from the past
For me, the fragrance was at the time so close to the date of its release a real revelation. A friend wore him one evening to go out and I was immediately in love...in the fragrance, I knew the friend already longer ;-)
On the evening but has me the fragrance so flashed that I'm already in the coming week in the perfumery getigert to be able to call him my own.

Since then, a few years had passed, in which for reasons I can not quite explain myself today, this bottle was missing in my collection. But whenever I passed him on my forays in various department stores of this world, I felt a certain nostalgia. He reminded me of this one evening, as well as many others from this period of my life.

When I stumbled now a good year ago on an offer at an unbeatable price, landed Le nuit de l`Homme after a small eternity again in my possession.

I was too curious how I would judge this fragrance for me as a mid-twenties was the navel of the world, probably today.

My conclusion: Good remains good, that already times away from the front...
Today I can at least perceive a little more differentiated what this fragrance is actually about. He starts with bergamot and cardamom and it takes a while until I can perceive the peppery. On the other hand, the cedar wood is immediately present for me which sets a beautiful chord. Like so many fragrances that I like very much, this one is rather dry. An absolutely classic men's fragrance...clear, noble and dry.
The course is very linear, I feel no very big development after the first few minutes.
Which in itself is absolutely nothing bad, because the fragrance is great.
The eternal criticism of the durability remains. It is a real pity that YSL does not manage to give this classic something more Wumms. Whether that was different to the release at that time I can no longer say. Six hours are today the maximum in which I can perceive him and that only body close. There are definitely today quite different caliber in my collection.
Nevertheless, the fragrance remains simply wonderful and I still wear it.
Maybe nostalgia actually plays a role, because unlike many people and also the friend through which I was allowed to get to know La nuit de l`Homme back then, this fragrance still has a place in my life and reminds of other, perhaps simpler times.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 months ago
Spicy, refined, not at all heavy, it's wonderful on my feminine skin too. Very noticeable the cardamom touch. Perfect in the mid-cold season
Zebra782Zebra782 3 months ago
This has got to be one of the smoothest fragrances ever made, I never knew that cardamom can be so alluring and seductive.
DaiorosDaioros 4 months ago
Nice smell, but longevity & sillage are terrible.
Do all your tricks to make it last (clothe spraying, oils, layering...), but not worth it.
JMWeedJMWeed 4 months ago
Spicy woody sweet scent, lined with a powdery soapiness. Very well done. Average at best performance. Price is steep given performance.
50something50something 11 months ago
It's very pleasant. I wouldn't consider a single fragrance sexy on me so I wear this on regular occasions. 2 sprays for office. 9/10
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
Unique perfume, elegant, a perfume for a romantic evening or for a date, it is a perfume that will generate many compliments.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
I find it very boring as the cardamom is too dominating to the point that you just smell one note. I would have wished they added some amber
MrLawmanMrLawman 1 year ago
Another day, I've send YSL an email if they could re-release the first formulation. One day I'll prevail...
NicSealNicSeal 1 year ago
The juxtaposition of fresh and warm facets is immaculately done. Comforting, sexy & versatile. The embodiment of sensuality & a perfect DNA.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Fresh spicy opening with bergamot, lavender and cardamom. Then the lavender gets smoother, sweeter, perfectly blended with more spices.

by StefaniH
by Pateratzi
by Pateratzi
by Tecon
by Tecon
Der kleine Flakon ist fast leer. Ging schnell. Daher jetzt 200 ml, auch wenn der Flakon blöd aussieht.
by R0din
by Thecombad
by FernandoBR
by FernandoBR

Popular by Yves Saint Laurent

Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2002) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2011) / M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent