La Nuit de L'Homme 2009 Eau de Toilette

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent
Top 15 in Men's Perfume
La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with L'Homme

CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
Tonka beanTonka bean

7.71904 Ratings

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.10.2021.

DieNaseDieNase 10 years ago

„Passed”

La nuit de l'Homme is a scent that is frequently evoked when guys search for a womanizer / pantydropper / clubbing scent. On youtube you see lots of positive reviews, women...
Kouros94Kouros94 6 years ago

„A Composition with Potential, a failure nonetheless.”

I've worn La Nuit De L'Homme on a number of occasions and each time it has opened differently on my skin. At times it has manifested...
I just love this scent
The fragrance, which many mourn because of the old batch is super smooth, slightly powdery, seductive, sensual. A fragrance where you get goose bumps when you get him under the nose because everything is just right
The only drawback was that after the reformulation of the performance was really ridiculous and the fragrance after 30 minutes!!! was as good as gone. This has now changed with the 2020 variant but again and I think the performance is absolutely solid.

The scent lasts with me 10 -12 hours, 8 of which are really well perceivable as an aura and the remaining 2 hour he is very close to the skin and then only smellable on the skin.

How do you get the scent to perform? Overspray!!! Anyone who loves the scent and no longer has the old formula, it should simply try 2-3 sprays per spot instead of one. It will be even better if you put some Ambroxan and Iso E-Super over it, then you can pimp the sillage also still something and the scent is clearly more perceptible.

Compliment factor is very high with this fragrance. Women love this fragrance.

Many also swear by the Bleu Electrique, which is also wonderful bar, however, this one has a little more depth and is in my opinion a little sexier.
Unfortunately too weak performance
If I had to describe this fragrance in one sentence it would probably be this.
The little, weaker brother of Stronger with you by Georgio Armani The fragrance pyramid is similar and so we assumed that we would love this fragrance as well.
I want with my introductory sentence by no means say that the fragrances are the same. They are definitely not, we had thought they would be very similar but the differences are serious.
Already alone the prelude, also here at YSL we have spices. But they remind us more of a spice box that was open for a long time and therefore lost some of the aroma.
So soft, unobtrusive start. Here no one is bothered and already here the sillage keeps within limits. Perceptible but no beast.
As it progresses, some sweetness is added, again very discreet.
It is basically a fragrance for the man who wants to smell good but in any case not stand out or even bother. Unfortunately, he also holds with my husband not very good. He smells himself so two hours, I him so about 4 hours. With such a light start is not very surprising but annoying, because no one wants to drag along his perfume and constantly nachlegen.
The bottle looks massive to me, with the huge lid. The fragrance is unfortunately not half as bulky.
In itself, the fragrance is quite ok, sillage and durability rather disappointing.
Old formulation eruirt
Recently, I have fortunately determined 2 bottles with the old formulation.
Subsequently, I was able to call them my acquisition.
This was already quite expensive for a vintage designer, but still worth it.
When applying from the fragrance, just gorgeous.
This spicy, slightly oriental cardamom intermingled with the sweet-smelling tonka bean, definitely fascinating.
At the time as so to speak beführworter of the fashion label YSL all 3 fragrances of La Nuit - series received.
Was I of one more or less enthusiastic.
But it is not only the person who becomes more mature, but also the character develops further, one or the other attitude manifests itself or even changes.
The LNdH in the EdT version is still a little treasure, my little treasure. But as many have this knowledge, the durability nowadays, but quite strongly downgraded, due to reduced quality.
The fragrance remains nevertheless a class fragrance.

Fragrances have the ingenious magic to evoke thoughts & emotions that have been lived through.
Positive as well as negative.
Often one connects rather positive existential experiences in such a moment.

Therefore, this small treasure remains me in 2-fold version also still as long as possible fragrant.

Thank you my little treasure!
2021- the Pure Dilution
I think about the smell you do not need to lose many words, sexy, seductive, sweet and at the same time a certain freshness
This fragrance fits just perfect in a dating situation or in the evening hours.
Now to the point why I must advise against buying this fragrance.
That this perfume has often been reformulated, is an open secret.

Nevertheless, it has been reported several times that the performance should be better again from 2020.
"Better" is the right word here, who better associated with good lies here unfortunately Wrong.

I have no comparison to 2018 version, however, the Akutelle batch holds a maximum of 4 hours and becomes very very skin after 1 hour.
The projection is thereby even after tracking hardly Nennenswert.

I would unfortunately continue to Abraten this perfume to buy. Who does not have the luck to find a Günstige vintage version should rather save his money.

MarkyMark
A greeting from the past
For me, the fragrance was at the time so close to the date of its release a real revelation. A friend wore him one evening to go out and I was immediately in love...in the fragrance, I knew the friend already longer ;-)
On the evening but has me the fragrance so flashed that I'm already in the coming week in the perfumery getigert to be able to call him my own.

Since then, a few years had passed, in which for reasons I can not quite explain myself today, this bottle was missing in my collection. But whenever I passed him on my forays in various department stores of this world, I felt a certain nostalgia. He reminded me of this one evening, as well as many others from this period of my life.

When I stumbled now a good year ago on an offer at an unbeatable price, landed Le nuit de l`Homme after a small eternity again in my possession.

I was too curious how I would judge this fragrance for me as a mid-twenties was the navel of the world, probably today.

My conclusion: Good remains good, that already times away from the front...
Today I can at least perceive a little more differentiated what this fragrance is actually about. He starts with bergamot and cardamom and it takes a while until I can perceive the peppery. On the other hand, the cedar wood is immediately present for me which sets a beautiful chord. Like so many fragrances that I like very much, this one is rather dry. An absolutely classic men's fragrance...clear, noble and dry.
The course is very linear, I feel no very big development after the first few minutes.
Which in itself is absolutely nothing bad, because the fragrance is great.
The eternal criticism of the durability remains. It is a real pity that YSL does not manage to give this classic something more Wumms. Whether that was different to the release at that time I can no longer say. Six hours are today the maximum in which I can perceive him and that only body close. There are definitely today quite different caliber in my collection.
Nevertheless, the fragrance remains simply wonderful and I still wear it.
Maybe nostalgia actually plays a role, because unlike many people and also the friend through which I was allowed to get to know La nuit de l`Homme back then, this fragrance still has a place in my life and reminds of other, perhaps simpler times.
Blazn67
I can't feel it! I can't smell it!
It is what it is, I thought to myself. Have given the fragrance a chance, been on the road as a patron. Was unfortunately drastically dramatically disappointed.
Rarely have I had to endure such a smell in the nose.... What kind of smell was it? None at all!
I was hoping to catch a nice all-day scent - blind purchase. Did not go well.

Unpacked, very nice bottle. Applied, no scent development - nothing. Waited - nothing. Reapplied - nothing. Possibly I have caught a wrong batch. But what I had to endure there was simply unbearable. I was very sad and disappointed.

Accordingly, I can really only say that I can not recommend the entire fragrance, the sillage as well as the durability.
Perennial
This fragrance was one of my first "blind purchases" in my young fragrance career. I have seen so many positive reviews on the net that I have saved me the sample sniffing and directly times the 100 ml version of the fragrance got hold of!

2 sprays on the forearm and...wow, what a spicy, masculine scent! It has a slightly smoky, creamy aroma, I also detect a slight hint of lavender. Although I'm not the biggest lavender fan, this is wonderfully incorporated into La nuit de l'homme that I find it really fitting!

The scent lasts a minimum of 5 hours and is very intense, but still leaves people in the area breathing room :)

I keep him Perfect for the club or beautiful summer evenings. Can imagine him, however, actually in any weather scenario.

On the subject of compliments - You get a lot with this miracle water. It is striking, however, that just the ladies 40+ on the fragrance departs. So it also happened that my 75 year old neighbor, has thrown me a "mmmmh" after :)

Would I buy this fragrance again "blind"? Yes, absolutely! For me a must have fragrance! - Should be on many a Christmas wish list ;)
Women beware!
So there flies me but actually a tester of the fragrance in the house. Hmmmm. What do you do with it now? The fragrance is called "the night of the man" or something like that. It doesn't really appeal to me and my husband is not the perfume type par excellence. To give it away without testing it? Nope, can't do that either. So, eh had to go and have no fragrance on it, just spray on, what the heck.
Joa, the smells really good. On a man probably really really great... After about half an hour I ask myself seriously what or who smells here soas of without end guuuuut??? I turn around and look and sniff and think very sharply. Yikes!!! That's actually me!!!! A wonderful, beautiful absolutely "unisex" tonka bean mixed with beautiful spices. I'm thrilled! Really warm and spicy and at least on my skin it doesn't remind me of a men's fragrance anymore. Girls, I dare you to ignore the masculine top note (vetiver?) and have a little patience. You can thank me later... ?
Good Scent / Sh**** Performance
La Nuit de L'Homme is certainly one of the most popular mainstream party fragrances. This is also in no way meant negatively.
It is a fragrance that you smell very happy and which is also versatile. Just an all-rounder.

Performance:

In recent years, the performance has suffered due to various reformulations. Durability up to 4/5Std. is possible for the current batch. But one should adjust to less.
The sillage is initially very good after spraying. After 3-4Std. one should re-spray but if you want to stay fragrant throughout the day.

Where can you wear the fragrance?

In my opinion, a great party fragrance, but can also be worn for work / school, leisure, shopping, etc.. Especially for younger people a super fragrance.

My opinion:

A wonderful fragrance creation, which is worn by numerous reformulations no longer so gladly by me, because I have no desire to spray me 5x a day with it.
Who comes to an old batch, will certainly be happy with this perfume. Would like to get me a new bottle, which I will not do, however, because price / performance are no longer in proportion.
AlterHerr
A tiny bit too intrusive
Disclaimer: I am an older gentleman of advanced retirement age who has applied fragrances for personal pleasure all his life. I have neither an analytical nose and professional background knowledge, nor the urge to remain as objective as possible in evaluations, as far as this seems at all possible with fragrances.

The fragrance YSL La Nuit de l'Homme reviewed here as Edt (current batch 2021) develops immediately after application a pleasing sweetness, which is reminiscent of a lush fresh bouquet of flowers. The cardamom dominates the bergamot here, whereby citrus-like perceptions are largely absent with me, or only very, very subtly take place.

This floral top note performs comparatively long, which in my opinion will also emerge as the greatest weakness of the Eau de toilettes. The fragrance develops thereby namely at the beginning of a certain obtrusiveness, without ever having the self-confident dominance of a high-priced vintage Oriental, which anyway signals that he is not willing to take into account others present. Rather, I would want to describe this floral sweetness as discreetly stealthy-immature. Not unpleasant, quite flattering and yet a little sneaky.

As a date fragrance, it requires a certain naivety from the counterpart.

Fortunately, the peppery aromas dampen the floral initial chord with increasing wearing time a little, whereby the emerging pleasant sharpness nevertheless at no time allows the use of the adjective "masculine". La Nuit de l'Homme exudes in the dryout no aura of wanting to conquer, but the familiarity of a friend with whom you sometimes like to meet for a cup of tea, but never want to wake up every morning, which of course remains due to the now dominant vanilla aroma of tonka bean.

The ever-so-slightly powdery, sticky honey sweetness that creeps ever so gently from floral bouquet to confection when worn just can't create enough nervous tension for me to really recommend this scent for a date. As a daily, however, it is equally unsuitable for men, as the sweetness of its DNA must seem unprofessional in a business setting.

If one likes the fragrance profile of the top note, then I would like to be allowed to recommend as an alternative here expressly Prada Amber pour homme, because cardamom and bergamot are supplemented here by a certain aquatic freshness, and also the sillage reveals more room for a more distanced togetherness.

Actually, I see Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit d l'Homme Edt in 2021 as more of an interesting women's fragrance for the 25-35 age group. Floral enough to retain a certain femininity, and yet - especially in the heart note thanks to pepper and wood - cool enough to never slide into something unpleasantly submissive.

Now I remain in the hope that my first review will not meet with too much displeasure, and look forward to further experiences in the community.

50something50something 4 months ago
It's very pleasant. I wouldn't consider a single fragrance sexy on me so I wear this on regular occasions. 2 sprays for office. 9/10
Blako11Blako11 4 months ago
Unique perfume, elegant, a perfume for a romantic evening or for a date, it is a perfume that will generate many compliments.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
I find it very boring as the cardamom is too dominating to the point that you just smell one note. I would have wished they added some amber
MrLawmanMrLawman 6 months ago
Another day, I've send YSL an email if they could re-release the first formulation. One day I'll prevail...
NicSealNicSeal 6 months ago
The juxtaposition of fresh and warm facets is immaculately done. Comforting, sexy & versatile. The embodiment of sensuality & a perfect DNA.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 10 months ago
Fresh spicy opening with bergamot, lavender and cardamom. Then the lavender gets smoother, sweeter, perfectly blended with more spices.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 12 months ago
not a big fan, but the only one to get me more compliments than this one is Layton, this is why i wear it from time to time...
RisendyRisendy 1 year ago
Sweet cardamon, very sexy and cozy. Great for dates. My old bottle (around 2015) has a good performance.
TsoTso 1 year ago
My 2nd ever 'real' fragrance. I was a 'hype victim'. Still, the scent is amazing and still works to pull a lot of compliments. Sexy spicy.
AithanAithan 1 year ago
Performance of 2018 bottle is weak. Only lasts on skin for 2 - 3 hrs. Then, only powdery fade note left as skin scent for few hrs
Good scent

by Pateratzi
by Pateratzi
by Tecon
by Tecon
Der kleine Flakon ist fast leer. Ging schnell. Daher jetzt 200 ml, auch wenn der Flakon blöd aussieht.
by R0din
by Thecombad
by FernandoBR
by FernandoBR

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent