La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (2009)Eau de Toilette

DieNase
02.06.2020 - 04:36 AM
Passed
La nuit de l'Homme is a scent that is frequently evoked when guys search for a womanizer / pantydropper / clubbing scent. On youtube you see lots of positive reviews, women are said to go crazy when smelling this stuff.
After I got a sample vial of this scent today I sprayed it on my arm about an hour ago (edit: this was in september 2011). So, I'd like to tell you what I think of it. Maybe you guys are interested in a lady's opinion - though I have to admit that my taste is sure not representative.
The first thing that came to my mind after spraying was that it was very sweet and quite ordinary. Not bad, but not special at all. Though I really like wearing guys' scents I would never wear this one. Despite of its sweetness it screams masculinity. Well, from a neutral point of view it probably doesn't but it has some notes and accords that everyone knows from men's deodorants and cheap after-shafe. Maybe the minty note (not in the pyramid) and some sort of synthetic lavender are responsible for this. Unfortunately I don't get the cardamom.
This description may sound very bad - but actually it is not. Following this poor start the scent develops and gets slightly sweeter. It starts smelling really nice and attractive. Not so special, but very pleasant. It probably works fine for clubbing when the target group consists of younger girls who are probably not experienced perfumistas. A very complex scent would probably tend to overcharge.
This is a pleasant one, you just can't go wrong with ist. It is definitely better than no scent at all (that's not always the case in my opinion). It does have presence, but it is not intrusive. Could become a best-seller like Boss Bottled. I would like to smell it on a man although talking about sweet frags I would personally prefer something more classy like a Guerlain (l'instant extrême for example).

Latest Reviews

DieNaseDieNase 7 years ago
Xllence - Vetyver Incenso (Eau de Parfum) - Farmacia SS. Annunziata

Xllence - Vetyver Incenso (Eau de Parfum) The better Terre d'Hermes
Well, I own a decant of this scent. Have given it a few full wearings meanwhile. My first impression was "Terre d'Hermès". However when trying it more thouroughly I can see lots of differences. I do smell the incense here - I don't...

DieNaseDieNase 8 years ago
Mandragore Pourpre - Goutal

Mandragore Pourpre Still waters run deep
I got a sample vial of this one when I ordered at AlzD. The description sounded very promising to me. Actually I have no clue what Mandragore is and how it usually smells like. This one is a true unisex scent, maybe leaning a bit to the masculine...