La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum (2010)

La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2010. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesAniseed, Bergamot, Pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesFruits, Labdanum, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.07.2019

10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Designer in perfection!
La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum, which I often missed out on, has really impressed me lately! Strange that it is again a scent of YSL... :)

The fragrance opens peppery and spicy with a great freshness and immediately wants to enliven to action! Wow, I'm into that kind of opening!
In the further course the smell becomes beautifully dark-fruity, accompanied with a shower gel note and a breath of the original La Nuit is to be guessed.
The durability is different than feared, really decent although I had read a lot of negative about it. To this must be said that I describe the 2010ner BATCH.
(The current version will then appear here as a supplement.)
Le Parfum continues in the drydown with more woody notes, while the fruity-berry notes are still pressing.
The quality is really fine despite or even because of the shower gel note, and makes the fragrance more adult and somewhat more distinctive through this, compared to the original La Nuit.
Grade for evening or special occasions I find it top and not as "good" as the original.
The Sillage is not exactly the strongest, but is for this already very intensive, spicy, fruity fragrance sufficient and very pleasant.
I have to say that I underestimated this fragrance in the beginning, because I wanted a more intense La Nuit de L'Homme and didn't give the fragrance a fair chance.
A mistake, especially since tastes change and this one here is absolutely male, striking, dark but also sweet, seductive.
For me it smells like a designer in perfection!
10.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

Tuzzifruzzi
This is my fantasy of the man
I gave this wonderful little water to my husband for his birthday.
Even when I was at the... tested the scent, I thought, uh, it'd be something. After two weeks he finally used it. The fragrance is very intense fruity, fresh, seductively simply masculine. A strong man's breast to cuddle up to is my first thought.
Even after he left the room, it still smells like him. But the tastes are so different, he thinks he's okay. OKAY? Yes he smells good, but he has better and pointed once again to Zino :-| without words!

Bond. James Bond.
I have found the perfect analogy for this fragrance.

James Bond is a character. But every few films he is played by someone else. Do you know this feeling when you first think about "THE NOW SHOULD BE JAMES BOND", and 2 films or 4 years later you are so used to the new actor for the role that the old one almost seems strange?

I feel similar now with the La Nuit de L'Homme series. Yes, YSL is milking the La Nuit cow as it says in the picture book of capitalism. And as all other big mainstream houses do. But you gotta hand it to them - they do it with style.

I've had this fragrance for over 2-3 years, and never got so warm with it. But this has now changed. I think at first I was so fixated about how La Nuit de L'Homme has to smell that I had a hard time with the facial expressions of this newer actor. But now I understand his portrayal of the role:

I think La Nuit de L'Homme is fresh in the opening, respectively the head and heart notes spicy fresh, and in the base sweet, cosy, flattering. Le Parfum has now felt the spicy aspects a bit pulled down in the pyramid, and more broadly fanned out. And even the top note is peppered and aniseeded to accentuate it even more. Sweetness is still prominent, but the wort now lets the fragrance ship waver more into the other side, where it tickles spicy fresh What comes out is a somewhat harsher, less gentle version of La Nuit, - like a James Bond with edgier facial features! That's not necessarily negative. For me it will be more of an autumn / winter scent, because the spicy, almost slightly spicy kind has something warming in it.
I can still remember when I first tested it! I was completely blown away because it worked in the opening as if it was just an ultra strong version of Vintage La Nuit. However, I think it felt that way, because my nose was a bit tired in the shop, and the nuances didn't come out so fine anymore.

For me, the fragrance, even though it can't get to the original LNDL, is an absolute first prize! It's like the 5th part of my favorite movie is coming out... apart from the fact that in this case it was the 2nd part... but I only really discovered it now, after all the other flanks, maybe because my nose is more used to it now.
I haven't paid much attention to it over the years because it may polarize too much as a year-round signature fragrance. But it's really very suitable in those seasons, in spring maybe even... in summer you won't open anyone with it, at least in the evening, but there's simply something more suitable... (:

Anyway, again a No-Brainer if you like the fragrance boozy/wruity/sweet in general, and the LNDL series in particular. Simply also a nice change.

The durability and sillage I find are better than the latest version of LNDL, but worse than the vintage and L'Intense.

"Moneypenny. I need this gadget for my next mission. Please send it to my local agent."

(languishing Moneypenny lets her pretty face sink into the supported arms at the desk..)

Yes, James. :)

I did it again
On Saturday with the woman into the city to shop, actually clothes searched. Then a trip to the perfumery.
I have read about this smell here positive, as well as negative and thought, I must test it absolutely.
I can only say this much:
The first sprayer on my arm and I was again thrilled, as well as by the Valentino Uomo Intense .
My wife told me to buy it, too. Said, done.
I find the fragrance fruity, but also fresh and masculine.
In short, exactly my thing.
The Iris doesn't come now like the Valentino, but it's different good.
A great fragrance as I find.
9 out of 10 points from me.
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Dark Barbershop
Scentrack: Serge Gainsbourg - Black Trombone

In my opinion a very successful YSL flanker, unfortunately not so popular. It opens up with oriental mix of anise and pepper reminding me of Opium pour Homme, with small dose of soft barbershop lavender. The fullness of fragrant body is fulfilled by sweet fruity ester notes, like candied fruits coated in chocolate. Resins and pale vetiver give another masculine touch, ending with gentle and peaceful vanilla.
Not so loud as EdT, more rounded, more mystical and less synthetic. Sexy, but somehow cool.
Wear EdT if you're single, and Le Parfum if you have a special lady in your heart.

Rating: 7/10
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Deeper more mature La nuit
A deeper, mature and more sophisticated version of La nuit de l'homme, for a gentleman 28/30+ not so much for a younger crowd.
More powerful and mature fragrances then is older brother.

PS: I think it has been reformulated, my version 2015 (more or less) is much more stronger, spicier and less fruity and lasts 8 hours easily. The last time I've tried this one on store (2017) it was much much lighter, more fruity, less spicy and overall lackluster.
7.5 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

La Fruity Nuit
Le Parfum almost does not remember the original La Nuit, which smells better for me.

This has nothing new added but some fruity notes over a vanilla/patchouli base.

I pass on this and stay with regular La Nuit - more complexity, more lasting power and more sillage.

Updated January 2014

Jazzy76 11 months ago
An aromatic-spicy mystery in an elegant fumé bottle: pleasant and refined but not so strong and longlasting .
High price.+2
6.0
6.0
Carlitos01 16 months ago
This is the forgotten and underrated flanker of La Nuit. Nevertheless in my opinion is probably the best one of the entire line.+2
9.0