Le Vestiaire - 6 Place Saint Sulpice 2017

Le Vestiaire - 6 Place Saint Sulpice by Yves Saint Laurent
Le Vestiaire - 6 Place Saint Sulpice is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-leathery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Carlos Benaïm

NutmegNutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanumLabdanum
Tonka beanTonka bean
LeatherLeather

Submitted by CPL, last update on 09.10.2021.

SmellGoodGuy
The Smell of Manhattan in the Fall!
Definitely a fall time in Manhattan kind of scent. Not the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, or Brooklyn; Manhattan. I'll go so far as to say had this had NYC etched into the glass, with no other naming, this would have been one of the most recognizable and most sold perfumes of all times. The lackluster marketing definitely handicapped the embrace of this one.

A beautifully made, chic, masculine perfume. 10/10
AB2202
Pine forest and some leather or a bathroom find.
I first became aware of this fragrance about 1 1/2 years ago, when I visited a friend whose girlfriend had a rather opulent collection of perfumes in the bathroom.
I spoke to her about it and she was happy to be able to talk about it with someone similarly enthusiastic about scent.
In the course of the afternoon she showed me some of her scents and from then on I could not get it out of my head.

When I smell it I think of a dry fir forest and a ranger wearing leather boots in the middle of it.

In the opening, lavender is the main attraction, but leather and labdanum are added rather quickly. From then on, the scent on my skin is quite linear - only a slight sweetness is added.
The leather smells for me not so much rugged and strong, but rather like a beautiful smooth leather jacket
The durability on my skin is above average and I am definitely satisfied with 3-4 sprayers for the whole day, although it only radiates strongly for 3-4 hours and is then limited to a closer haze circle.

I don't think I need to say anything about the price... Typical YSL Vestaire Collection.
That's the only reason why I hesitated so long with the purchase, but in the end I have to say that it is worth every penny for me!
Duftsucht
Lavender in leather boots swings the spice whip..
6 Place Saint Sulpice came to me as a surprise sample in a fragrance pack - many thanks to Cafénoir for that! Fortunately it was a bit cooler yesterday after a heavy thunderstorm, otherwise I would have had to postpone the rehearsal. Because one thing is clear: This fragrance is not for midsummer temperatures.
This time first my short notes, which I always put on before I write a Kommi and study the fragrance pyramid.
LEDER! (as in Bottega Veneta), resin (already pure), spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, pâté spice), increasingly clear lavender (after about 40 minutes), increasingly strong and rosemary (like herbs of Provence). Becomes flowerier, more vanilla, softer, more beautiful base, lasts forever (8 hours plus!)
I don't usually put these short notes in the commentary, but something happens here that I have never experienced so clearly before. I smell what is listed in the fragrance pyramid of "6 Place Saint Sulpice" from back to front - how curious is that? But now a few sentences that hopefully do justice to the fragrance.

The opening really reminds me of Bottega Veneta with this wonderfully soft touch of leather. This is the finest handbag leather of the very best quality. I confess, I have a fad and belong to those people who really sniff handbags (and other leather things) - just like books, because I like this special paper/printing ink smell so much. But I digress. The leather in the fragrance is really soft to the touch, but is accompanied by resin - and in combination it is a very potent mixture. In addition there are almost from the beginning fragrant spices - spicy and sweet and tart at the same time. Pooh, this is just the moment when I'm glad the temperatures have dropped: It would be too much for me in humid heat at the latest now. Fortunately, I can follow the development of the fragrance in a more flowery direction. But not that you're now thinking of roses, jasmine or orange blossom or anything like that! No, it's definitely lavender that comes to light here (and it smells like opening a can of "Herbes des Provence" freshly, in which plenty of lavender has been processed! Now the scent becomes increasingly softer and more pleasing, a little vanilla (from the spicy and not the sweet variety) is added and the whole thing becomes creamy warm and cuddly.
I think the fragrance is great - but I also love Bottega Veneta because of its leather note. But where Bottega is a little more sweet and flowery, the YSL remains more uncompromising on the leathery-spicy side.
A wonderful fragrance, which doesn't fit into the summer for me - and therefore immediately hikes on the "In Autumn/Winter" once again test list!

SchmlinGoodSchmlinGood 2 years ago
The whole "Edition Couture" black bottle line flew WAY under the radar. 6 place Saint Sulpice is an excellent creamy, spicy tonka/leather.
FittigerFittiger 2 years ago
Sometimes this really shines! Other times, it may comes across too powdery.

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Yvresse (1993) / Champagne (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent