Le Vestiaire - Cuir 2016

Le Vestiaire - Cuir by Yves Saint Laurent
Le Vestiaire - Cuir is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Ilias Ermenidis

Top Notes Top NotesRum, Ginger, Saffron absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesOsmanthus absolute, Black tea, Pipe tobacco
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Oud, Leather

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.10.2020.

The "den of iniquity"
To say it in advance: this will not be a big, impressive commentary.
It is an attempt before the question: "Can I still do it?" or (very important!): "Do I still want to?"
Because I don't really like the development of the last weeks here either. Whoever accompanied me in the past knows that Well, let's see! Br />
But now to the subject:
After an intermezzo with Hubert de Givenchy's enchanting scented dreams, I ventured the other evening - it was dark and raining at times - to "Le Vestiaire - Cuir" by YSL.
This enterprise and I do not harmonize so much from the beginning: even "opium" (in its pure form at the beginning of the eighties) developed more herbaceous-spicy with me; the erotic component fell by the wayside due to lack of body heat.
Maybe that was a good thing: such a simple blonde creature like me at that time would have been very frightened about the power that is in "Opium" as we all know.
Nevertheless, this attempt was not uninteresting, but it shaped our further living together: YSL and I kept our distance
So "Le Vestiaire - Cuir" was once again a journey into adventure.
I sprayed timidly and got big eyes in astonishment:
Hey, this is a "living cave", which invites you to a comfortable hibernation!
Behind a heavy wooden double door there is a cozy atmosphere: dark heat, broken by dancing flames and islands of light!

The spicy rum-based cocktail served at the entrance warms and pleasantly stimulates the senses.
What do you think was added to this dark brown and golden drink?
Ah!, the slight pungency of ginger and precious saffron: what a noble entrée!
Heavy dark furniture, with thick seat cushions in autumnal colours, and drawn velour curtains reinforce the cave-like character of this environment.
Spicy wood and "worn" leather exude aromas that appeal to the senses.
This fragrant ambience could have a purely masculine effect; also due to the soft touch of pipe tobacco that pleasantly wafts through the room. - But it does not!
Golden and brown tones and shimmering dancing lights, here turned into fragrance, warm and lead to the shiny silver tea set on a tastefully prepared chest of drawers.
Floral-spicy osmanthus and a noble black tea infusion offer pleasant warmth and fine aromas.

Sensually awakened by the warming golden top note, this tangy-spicy fragrance can be enjoyed holistically and gender-neutrally.
Sillage and durability are what can be expected from this brand: a long lasting full-bodied fragrance comfort.
With "Le Vestiaire - Cuir" the house Yves Saint Laurent offers me an unusually cosy smelling cave, which once again awakens my yearly recurring desire for hibernation!
Something where I can retreat to, which will envelop me protectively when the world once again becomes too demanding.
By the way: "Le Vestiaire - Cuir" demands open senses and trust in its perhaps somewhat strange darkness.
If you cross this threshold, a feel-good area opens up, which invites you to linger!

VictorLhv
Rather too discreet for this price
Rather too discreet, I'd say. So you'd have to use much more than you'd normally do in order to feel it as you'd like to. The scent is very elegant, a blend of rhum, vanilla and some other spices, as far as I can tell, and not sweet at all, which is a major plus for me. A bit overpriced, given the excessively discreet nature, yes, that would come to mind.
A real men's scent
I got this fantastic fragrance for my husband, who only used it once and was immediately convinced. I don't like him! I always say: What the farmer doesn't know :-(
He smells so masculine, in a chic suit, in a straight posture with both legs in life! Already the bottle says: So! Here I am! Angular and heavy but still very noble. The lid slides thanks to magnetism to like many other noble fragrances.
First it comes quite fresh and flowery then it becomes softer almost soapy.
The leathery scent remains a little sweet as Uncle Klaus used his pipe tobacco (the always used cherry tobacco) as in the 70s the scent. I'm thinking of an Opel Admiral in russet.
Now the noble fragrance has finally found a new owner.
Too bad, I thought the fragrance was great, in any case it stimulates my imagination ;-) really too bad!

by CubaMike
by CubaMike
by Tuzzifruzzi
by Tuzzifruzzi
by SchmlinGood
by SchmlinGood

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent