Le Vestiaire - Magnificent Gold 2017

Le Vestiaire - Magnificent Gold by Yves Saint Laurent
Le Vestiaire - Magnificent Gold is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-creamy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

VanillaVanilla White oudWhite oud

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.09.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description
Noble, dry vanilla
In search of "THE" vanilla fragrance, I ersoukte here some great bottlings of numerous fragrances. No one could but so far really hit me from the stool.

And then came Magnificent Gold: Pure, dry vanilla meets here absolutely portable, white oud. A combination that invites you to dream.

A mad scent progression you look here in vain, however, that is also sometimes not necessary, if a fragrance is simply beautiful.

Magnificent Gold is like a warm, cozy scarf that wraps you up on cold days. It's not too sweet or boozy by any means, rather I would describe the vanilla here as clean and pure, without a lot of tam tam.
I would rate the longevity as medium. A stunning, long-lasting sillage is not given here, however, he holds on clothes and hair very well.

So who is looking for a noble vanilla fragrance without great course, penetrating sweetness and bells and whistles, the Magnificent Gold should aufjedenfall try!

Cuir Beluga curtains
Not bad at all. Opening is strange (synthetic) but when it calms down the play begins.

Vanilla is in “safe” modus here, not loud but it’s there.

Reminds me of Cuir Beluga (drydown) but less “excited”. Is it old cotton fabric ? Or is the combination of Vanilla & white oud turning into “leather”?

If I want to experience a vanilla based scent I’d go for Cuir Beluga.

This one is not bad at all but not groundbreaking.
One more to go: delicious seconds of the Vanilla Challenge
Yes, but that this also never stops with the vanilla scents! And it gets even worse: This one is only the second last one anyway, I have another one for tomorrow! But of the two, it is definitely the primus inter pares. Because this one is sooo delicious! I can't say much about it; in my opinion, even after hours, not much is happening in development. I don't know if only the two ingredients were really used - but I only smell these two. And what will come out when sweet vanilla and sweet oud mate? A soul food for the ears, a particularly sweet vanilla pudding, oh, pudding, a cream of the finest, a crème bavaroise perhaps. Even though there's cream in it. Not here, I think. Vanilla pod, dark and very, very spicy, undiluted, can easily turn two kilos of sugar into vanilla sugar, if you put the pod, which has been emptied from the pulp, into the sugar. A pod has so much vanilla power - here it is presented in all its beauty. In addition, there is this incredibly expensive oil, which can only be extracted when a lot of "if's" arrive: IF the heartwood of the eaglewood tree is injured and IF the tree closes this wound with resin and IF this resin is then attacked by a very special type of mould and IF this mould process has progressed as far as possible... But who am I telling? You already know all that. I only say it again to illustrate why oud is so precious, worth so much more than the gold that has already risen in price. WHEN this wonderful oud enters into a liaison with the pretentious vanilla, which is also so precious, it was even more precious than silver the other day... THEN something really great is created, a multi-dimensional sweetness that has surprise effects in all directions because it comes from two different sources. Personally, I find the two notes to be very well-balanced coexistence; the oud is not weak with me, but rather quite present next to the vanilla spice notes. As I said, I do not notice any other subnotes. To sum up: a very beautiful fragrance with a not exaggerated silage, which every true vanilla fan should have tried once.
Conchi2019
The silence with that certain something or a short comment
A fear of vanilla, it is dry beautiful, very subtle and is wonderfully coated with the softest oud. Unfortunately on the skin within 2 hours with me flown away, but on my scarf wunderschön.

The special thing about this fragrance is that you subliminally associate it with its wearer without immediately thinking of perfume, so for me it has a signature feature (I'm afraid this word does not exist). A not quite favorable beautiful restraint, which leaves me with the question, is less more ?
MichaelS2019
It all started with him...
It's been some time. I waited at Stockholm airport for my delayed flight and rummaged through the duty free area.
Until then, I only knew the standard range of the large perfumery chains. Everything smelled somehow similar, I haven't met any really exciting perfumes until then.
And then - after various failures - the friendly salesman presented a beautiful golden bottle. YSL Le Vestiaire - Magnificent Gold. Hmm, he didn't smell bad. And not as artificial as most of what I smelled before. The price? Almost 200€? Oha, this is complete insanity. I thought at least at that time and disappeared direction airplane.
Later in the plane a pleasant and discreet vanilla scent spread. Was that still my wrist? Yes, it is. And even in the evening it smelled like vanilla. But not pushy. It's cute, but not too cute. Embedded in light wood notes. A luminous cuddly smell. Pleasant feel-good atmosphere.
So a few days later, I started looking. At the perfume chain around the corner? Nothing to do. At the independent perfumery in the neighboring village? Nobody knows. All I wanted to do was sniff the tester again.
And then I found him. In Düsseldorf on the Kö. The same mad smell as a few days ago in Stockholm. I was blown away. The "just try it out" quickly turned into a purchase. And so this beautiful fragrance wandered into my little modest collection.

1 short view on the fragrance
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
Slightly sticky vanilla and a pleasant inoffensive "oud." Tame. Not golden. No power of any kind. A passing trend. Soft and pale vanilla.

Images

4 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Yves Saint Laurent

Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Babycat by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2002) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2011) / M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent