Le Vestiaire - Velours (2016)

Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent

Le Vestiaire - Velours is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is leathery-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Carlos Benaïm

Top Notes Top NotesBlack tea, Black pepper, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Iris, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Ambered woods, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 08.07.2020.

X-Factor, the unfathomable
X-Factor is an American series that deals with the topic "fact or fiction", whereby the emphasis is more on fiction. The programme has always been produced and broadcast on all channels in 12000 countries and has been translated into 600 languages. Did the whole thing really happen that way or did a writer take the liberty of making a little joke? You will find the answer at the end of this article.

We live in a world where dream and reality are close, where facts often seem like fantasy shapes that we cannot explain to ourselves. Can you tell the truth from the lie? To understand this article, you must go beyond your imagination and open your mind to the incredible... X-Factor, the incredible.

It was a normal day in western Germany, more precisely in the middle of the Ruhr area as S.choork (name changed by the editors) as every day after work came home and as so often then first ate food and later got rid of his clothes worn during the day and jumped into something comfortable. Or was it the other way around? You don't know exactly.

Whenever it was possible for him, he took a sample of a fragrance and applied it to the skin. Many times to simply feel good and very often to get to know new substances.

On that day something strange happened when S.choork grabbed a sample of Le Vestiaire velours from YSL He took them and sprayed himself with them..3 Sprayers as he does so often and at first he felt very much reminded of his beloved Dior Homme Intense and was very taken. Here it was a touch more feminine, but beautiful and a little lighter because of the tea. He enjoyed this for some time that this is exactly his direction. Noble and fine, elegant and with a touch of finesse.

Over time, the fragrance was transformed by incense and jasmine, with a hint of vanilla into the finest suede.
It was as if he was wearing his old suede jacket, which he had loved so much in his youth and everything was beautiful.

Woods and musks came to visit the base and what happened then let S.choork freeze the blood in its veins. He never thought this was possible what happened now.

He smelled air balloons! Not just any, but those who still have this sebum on the rubber when you've blown it in and it's hard to blow it up. He saw a red balloon flying away before his eyes and heard a voice saying, "Do you want a balloon? They fly, they all fly! And if you were down here Schoorki, with us, then you could also fly!"

He continued to concentrate on the scent, he wanted it to stop and smelled again the good soft leather, the powdery thing that gives the iris and yet, the balloon came out again and again. This game lasted long hours and he knew he was going crazy. All the good reviews, the good in the beginning what the fragrance promised and then air balloons! He went crazy, it was so beautiful, the tea, the iris, the leather that is not included at all, but then there were always these balloons.

S.choork was never the same after that. He signed up for a perfume forum and wrote the craziest stories, but nobody believed him.
You think the story's true? Or have we invented them?
YSL still surprises me!
"... Sometimes you think you can't go any further, everything is already fixed and done, but then suddenly depths and views appear which you thought were unattainable and which now present themselves to the accumulated experience in all its fullness. I have often feared that I have dried out and broken and would stand hopelessly before the black curtain of boredom - but this curtain is often torn, and I have seen boundless horizons - which has brought me the greatest happiness, so I will put it, moments of true pride." - YSL

This life motto Yves Saint Laurents, which he announced in 1983 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York for the opening of his exhibition there, sounds to my ears when I make the acquaintance with "Le Vestiaire - Velours".
Although the fragrance was composed long after the master's death, I still have the feeling that a curtain of fragrance boredom has shared with me here too.
Because the fragrances of this brand have not torn me from my stool for a long time - actually never really.
So I went a bit casual to test and was also punished promptly for it!

A delicate infusion of black teas, not too sparingly perfumed with black and pink pepper, welcomes me.
Oh, my! What does my sensitive nose say about her pepper allergy? Will she be able to handle it or sneeze for a long time as a punishment?
It's amazing: I can take this interesting blend, despite allergy, and enjoy this flavor!
The elegant iris is a few steps behind the beautiful, but also slightly dominant white large-flowered jasmine. What an unfolding of the abundance of flowers presents itself at this moment!
Frankincense, harmonizing wonderfully with the scents of the past, completes a very appealing scented painting for the senses.
Sour vanilla in full warm scent; woods, skilfully ambered and appropriate in this delightfully flowing course and a sympathetic dose of musk complete this fragrance in a refined way.
The result is a very fine hint of noble suede leather, which is well balanced in relation to the light flowers and does not necessarily seek the foreground.

For a not too big leather friend like me, this is a very pleasant smell!
Which is a real pleasure with a shelf life of several hours.
How often have I tried after a certain time almost desperately to wash off a leather note suddenly annoying me and have failed due to the extraordinary durability!
This time I feel this elegant fragrance creation as a soft embrace that invites you to cuddle!

A YSL fragrance, even if it comes from a time long after the eventful life of the great magician, who I really like: I'm amazed and thrilled!
Nuriyel
Smoky noble leather with flowers
I love leather perfumes. From strong to light, dark black SM cashmere leather whips to the light leather interior of a new car. La Vestiaire Velours is a stylish middle thing here. Far away from an animal beast, but more refined than new, clean leather seats and handbags, as with Bottega Veneta.

The suede scent of a theatre wardrobe on a premiere evening, that's how I imagine the setting of La Vestiaire Velours. Many well-groomed suede jackets, slightly rough and velvety, slightly smoky in the nose, but cool because their wearers have been looking at the new interpretation of "Waiting for Godot" for half an hour. In addition there are very present iris and jasmine from well perfumed women's coats, which lends the whole elegance. Apparently one or the other theatre guest has his joy in orthodox masses, only therefore the incense breath can come in the small room. In the end everything is warmly rounded off by a musky note that reminds me of the scent of skin with its vanilla loveliness, skin that slips back into the expensive jackets after the premiere and warms itself into hers, just as I feel in this scent,

I had heard it as a sample, because I had given leather as my favourite note in an online shop. All the more irritated I was from the fragrance pyramid of this fragrance and had no great expectations of him. Now he's one of my new favorite leather darlings, but the cultured kind. It is quite intense and engaging on me, but I also wear it during the day because it doesn't bother me. Sillage and durability impress me, after about 7 hours it was, what I do not know from such flowery scents, still well perceptible. I am really in love with my theatre wardrobe and can only recommend it if leather is your open or secret passion, but you don't want to frighten anyone with it.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
by Quercus
by Quercus

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Cuir by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - 24 Rue de L'Université by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent