Manifesto by Yves Saint Laurent
Manifesto is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Perfumers

Anne Flipo, Loc Dong

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Green notesGreen notes
BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla
CedarCedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.11.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is American actress Jessica Chastain.

After all these years...
I am on this fragrance actually once through the Parfumo community stumbled, gaanz earlier, when I so with 13-14 have started to operate my perfume addiction :D
Because someone had told me that Beyonce - Rise, one of my favorites at the time, is very close to Manifesto.
At that time, YSL was of course outside my budget, but because I have the fragrance of Beyonce very positive in memory, I recently came by chance on the idea to investigate the matter and see if the really smell so similar.
And indeed, I let myself be advised in the city by a nice lady and find full of nostalgia that I associate the fragrance with my teen time.
I find that totally great, that this fragrance is accompanied throughout by a vanilla warmth and in the top note in addition something tart, green smells. Mega good combo.
I thought it was vetiver.
In the course of the day, it is then gourmandiger and a little woody, but this is not one of those quite sticky sweet fragrances. I find the so pleasant, also from the fragrance intensity, that I would wear the even in the summer so.
Have me directly in love with him and secured two bottles. Something I also do rarely :D
I finally got you back
It's 2014, I'm in an H&M shop and discover a new range of body sprays and perfumes, Darling Deep was the name of the range to be more specific. I sprayed some of the tester of the purple body spray on my wrist and sniffed. Wow, I thought to myself, smells amazingly good for a body spray from a fashion chain, so grown up and not "cheap" at all. I took it home and used up the 200ml completely over the next two years, even though the last 10ml had sadly tipped. That was it, I thought to myself, never again will I be able to smell this great fragrance.

We are now back in 2021, once again looking for new perfume discoveries. And that's when it hit me like a flash of inspiration. What actually happened to my beloved H&M body spray and what was it called again? Thanks to Google color-image search (the bottle was purple), I was actually able to track down the name of the 2014 spray and even came across a single website with a listed dupe for it - Manifesto by YSL. No ratings or reviews, just this one dupe suggestion and the notes.

Normally at this point I would have immediately gone to town and tested the perfume, but yeah, Corona.
Somehow, in April, I apparently wasn't the only one who wanted to buy Manifesto either, I only found it in stock on one website. Unsure if it might not have been discontinued, I ended up clicking the buy button. If I didn't like it, I could always sell it again.

Well, a few days later it had arrived, I unpacked the perfume and paused briefly. For a long time I had been looking for the scent of the said body spray, but never found anything comparable.
I pressed the spray head twice.

It's you. The scent I loved so much, only a little more subtle and sophisticated. Blackcurrant meets white floral meets vanilla. An interesting combo that works. Noble and slightly powdery, but still fruity and fresh.
Never would I have thought that the body spray was actually a dupe for a YSL perfume and the happier I am that I can finally wear this fragrance again.
Pauline6
First love is not forgotten
It's 2012. Late summer, I guess.
Pauline, just 16 years old, is in the perfumery with her mother. Actually, she is only interested in make-up - and that excessively. So far, her only perfume is some kind of drugstore scent, which she doesn't like at all. She doesn't like her mother's perfumes either, they all smell so citric like toilet water. But because her mother takes so long to pick them out, Pauline sometimes smells one or the other perfume.
Especially in those she has often seen in advertising, that goes without saying.
And that's where she notices the beige flacon, which also looks familiar to her from advertising. She also knows that it's from a really expensive brand, but little Pauline always had an expensive taste anyway and you can test everything anyway. And how likely is it that she likes this scent of all things? .... Shit.
"Mama, Mama! Smell!! OMG Mama smell, he smells soooo good!! What do you think of him? You should take this one, it's so great!
- (Mother smells annoyed at the perfume) "Oh God, Pauline, are you serious? This smells terrible, so old-fashioned anyone, like an omega perfume, that's way too heavy."

But Pauline doesn't think so at all, because this certain something that distinguishes this fragrance from so many other perfumery scents, of all things, caught her attention immediately. Of course it's a heavy scent, but what's wrong with it? Aren't heavy fragrances particularly elegant and a sign of class? At least when Pauline thinks of heavy scents, she always has to think of Chanel No 5 and Coco Chanel and how beautiful and elegant this woman was.
And besides this heaviness he had something else. (Note of the reaction: It was the green notes) Something that - so Pauline imagines - made the wearer stand out from the crowd. Something surprising, unexpected, exciting.

That's how extraordinary women smell and that's how she wanted to smell from that day on!

Unfortunately the 30ml bottle is not very cheap. But after telling everyone about her new discovery, her godfather finally agreed to give her this perfume for Christmas.
A beautiful gift! The first (and for the next 8 years also the only) perfume that triggered a feeling in her and which she likes 100%.

Since then, not a day has gone by without her having a little manifesto at home. A fragrance to go through thick and thin. That always gives you security and makes you feel a little bit more special.

An absolute classic that has been with me for 8 years now. (Of course it has lost its "specialness" in the course of time, but for me it will remain so because of all the memories I associate with it)
My manifesto
I had missed this scent for a very long time, probably also because I had orientated myself very strongly towards LVEB. While surfing the net on a Saturday morning I found this sweetheart, because he was only 50 € for 50 ml in the neighbourhood. No sooner said than done and then when I had him I sprayed.

The fruity attack begins with sweet, green notes that are pleasantly fogged in. The blackcurrant is much more fragrant than bergamot. The top note is very pleasant but fades away and then jasmine and lily of the valley come out. The jasmine is very beautiful and the lily of the valley is fortunately not very penetrating. The result is a beautiful flower-fruit mix that will remain in your memory. The basis is a little sandalwood and cedar and more vanilla and tonka. This light woody base note gives Manifesto something special.

This fragrance manages the balancing act between floral-fruity notes and sweet, soft scents, without becoming one of those sugar waters. I know Manifesto is controversial. Meanwhile it has become my signature, because for me it is incredibly warming as soon as it is a bit fresh, wet and cold.
With me it has an incredible durability and works easily for a whole working day. Also the Sillage is really great, because it lasts long and still doesn't overlay everything.

I was never someone who had a signature - until last year. The first time I wore it in the office, some of my colleagues stood with me and wanted to sniff - that was a great compliment. Since then, I've been using this fragrance again and again, and it's slowly but surely become my treasure.
Chapoend
Super fragrance for the colder days
The scent is strong but not obtrusive. Sweet and warm.
For me ideal for the autumn / late autumn.
Sandalwood + cedar wood come through well. Unfortunately I hardly smell vanilla Unfortunately, the top note fades very quickly.

The bottle is for me very well processed and not cheap

Mozart1756
Vanilla, tonka bean, bergamot. The cream smell.
These 3 musketeers are the most coming to your nose. This scent reminds me luxury face creams. Maybe ysl skin care if they produce a face cream, they can give Manifesto's smell to it. Bergamot starting mini fresh. Then the tonka bean and vanilla are dominating the scent. Mysterious, creamy because its smells like cream :) hhh, sweet but not overly sugary. Especially night outs or dinners good choice. I bet in past its longevity better, today its fine but not the beast mode. You are waiting more longevity, I confess. Age= bit mature but timeless. I confess again I think its name is shadowing by Black Opium edp. I prefer Manifesto 4 times over than Black Opium edp.

Great scent, deplorable name
After buying this, I opened it up on the spot and sprayed it twice on myself. And holy cow! It smelled like my dad’s tomato plants! Green, green, green! I was alarmed.

About 5-10 minutes later, I kept smelling this wonderful citrusy-powdery scent. I thought it was coming from someone shopping nearby, but nope. It was me! That biting green note had completely disappeared and had become so beautiful. There’s really no way to say it other than that I love it, despite its hideous and unfortunate name, which reminds me of communism.

The green note is very sharp initially, and for that reason I was afraid to wear it to church the day after I bought it. Today I sprayed myself 4 times (back of neck/hair, front of neck, and once on each arm) to see what would happen. The green note goes away within five minutes. As it recedes, that bergamot comes forward in all of its citrusy glory, but it is tempered a bit by a sweet hit of something…maybe the currant bud? No idea because I don’t know what currant bud smells like. Slowly, the florals arrive, but they’re subtly sweet and gentle. The vanilla and tonka bean really hit hard, but not in a bad way. I would say the tonka is a bit stronger than the vanilla, but together they form a powdery and somewhat sweet powerhouse of olfactory delightfulness. I cannot pick out the sandalwood or the cedar notes on me at all.

This perfume reminds me of Ellen Tracy Bronze, which is also “citrusy-creamy-powdery.” There’s a strong Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo vibe here, too.

Not bad for a $12 clearance blind buy at Kohl's.

Maybe?
It started very promising and I loved it but the the sandalwood took over. It´s not the first time. It buried all the promising notes. It´s just something with sandalwood that ruins it for me in several fragrances that I i have tested. I will try it again.

Delicate, Sweet, 'Safe'.
Manifesto is a lovely and radiant scent. Black currant gives it a sharp and juicy quality, which seems to cool what would otherwise be a warm & woody vanilla/tonka combo. The green notes and jasmine provide a light freshness, and there's an almost glimmering or sparkling element (which is completely appropriate given the bottle design). The drydown transitions from juicy to powdery. After a while it matures quite a bit, and lends a 'come-hither' quality (but in a classy way).

valandria
Goes from Green to Scream in 2 minutes...
I bought a sample of this after looking at the notes and thinking it sounded interesting. The opening is a rather vibrant and sharp green - I like this, I think to myself. Then after maybe 2 minutes it's all about very loud vanilla and tonka. Reminds me of a very sweet vanilla flavored marshmallow. Soon enough after that, the powder kicks in and now it's a powdery vanilla flavored marshmallow scent. This smell makes me feel a little sick actually. Naturally, it has tremendous lasting power and is hard to wash off. What is YSL thinking here? Definitely not full bottle worthy for me.... heck I won't even finish these samples!

Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
A first intense shot of tomato-plant green at the beginning challenges, but soon it's a complex floral & vanilla, w/ a citrusy-powdery vibe.

the Manifesto flower
by Schalkerin
by Schalkerin
When you're born to bring the bling... :-D
by AFreimann
by Zelena
by Zelena
„gently bedded on cactus flowers”
magical stardust
by Ella69
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent