Collection Orientale - Noble Leather (2013)

Collection Orientale - Noble Leather by Yves Saint Laurent

Collection Orientale - Noble Leather is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is leathery-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Perfumers

Julie Massé, Mane

Leather, Amberwood, Vanilla, Patchouli, Saffron, Dry fruits

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 10.08.2019

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense L'eather
When I came upon the scent by chance research, I remembered that I have a sample of it which I had saved!

Immediately I tested it, and was surprised ;)

In the opening the La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense DNA immediately welcomes you, which I like very much. Really delicious and sweet, dried fruits and spicy.
A few moments later I discovered the more and more rising leather balloon, which actually reminds of Tuscan Leather & Co. in its design. Only that the La Nuit aspects remain for the most part, which makes this fragrance more wearable and beautiful for me.

The fragrance is rather masculine for me, but due to the special sweetness it has a gentle touch, which makes it really a bit unisex, or Metro.

After some time he has now strengthened his back of his hand, and I really still think it smells like a La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense L'Eather ;P
From the Sillage one could also sometimes confuse it briefly with Dior Homme Intense I find.

Anyway, I think it's good, but I don't think I'd buy it. Because it is quite expensive, somewhat heavier to wear than L'Intense due to the slightly austere leather touch, and a little redundant.
But interesting to smell, so be sure to test it when you get there.
5.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Leather? Check!
When I started here a few years ago and started the wild ride of scents, I first had to orient myself. For me with my drugstore knowledge, there were three fragrances: Very good, go and shit. But since I didn't get very far with these criteria here, I first had to research what the ''real men'' wear. So come on, ''Leather''. So you have to wear leather as an experienced man. And everyone has a good idea and association with leather. Leather is concrete and handy. More concrete at least than Styrax(?) or ''salvaged shipwreck''.

How long does it take to stumble across "Tuscan Leather" in search of a leather scent? That's right A few milliseconds. Its dissemination and all the reviews and comments can not deceive. With the scent the theme ''leather'' is shot. But in my early days, a bottle in the price range was too risky for me and I decided to secure 50 ml in a sharing. Tom Ford's idea of leather now stood before me. And what can I say? I was disappointed. There was clearly leather in it. But it wasn't authentic leather or scent. It was an in-between thing, which neither impressed me (''Wow!!!! Smells really exactly like leather!'') nor pleased me. It was rude, technical and lifeless.

Since then I have been purified as far as leather is concerned and after a few more samples I have given up looking for a scent that has a dominant leather note and is pleasing at the same time
In my database in tabular form I store all samples I liked with green. During the last revision I noticed that I never really pursued "Collection Orientale - Noble Leather" further. And as luck would have it, a few days later a bottle was for sale in the souk. Schnapp!

On the one hand I was curious today whether I have smeared again a Hunni on the leg. On the other hand, my expectations were zero. I had already regretted the purchase after I had paid for it and I didn't want to miss the scent any more than the bottle was in front of me. Good signs for a full body full day test, or?

Long story, short story. That's it. Leather! No kitsch, no corruption, no variety, no attempt, no homeopathic dose, but also no reminiscence of the inanimate material or the monotonous material leather.

According to my nose, it is once again my friend Safran, who has become dear to me in the meantime, and who is the one who gets the coals out of the fire here. There are also dried fruits indicated, but from my point of view the saffron gives here the sour-fruity-heben undertone. The wood is presumably juicing, so that the story does not become too bubbly, exuberant and thus untrustworthy. I smell patchouli and vanilla just because I read it before. But in my opinion they only play the third violin and cut the tops of the saffron.

The atomizer works well on average. I find the bottle kitschy with its golden colour coating, on which the 45° rotated cap is enthroned. However, I am compensated with a remarkably well adjusted durability and Sillage. Anything between three and six sprayers leads to pretty much the same very good result. It is constantly strong and does not overdrive. Rarely left the house with such a secure feeling. Lasts until tonight and yet does not unintentionally disturb the environment. Very good solution.

I'm so glad. There is still a second, quite similar candidate, but for the time being the topic is finally ticked off.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

A MIX GEM!
THIS 1 START CREAMY LEATHER WITH HINT OF VANILLA,AROUND A NICE FRUITY BACKNONE!! "MASTERPIECE" IN MY BOOK, IMAGINE THE MAGIC OF JUBILATION XXV MIX WITH RUM,HINT SPERITEUSE DOUBLE VANILLE!
9.0/10

hedonist222
leather - a new worthwhile perfume
At first smell, it is very reminiscent of Tuscan Leather.

But a few moments later it's own identify emerges in full bloom.

A soft leather sweetened with a dried fruit accord and spiced with saffron.

In. Perfect. Proportion.

Because its dried fruit, it's not a fructose intense like fresh fruits.

And because it's a dried fruit accord, it's not fruity smelling either.

It you've ever had fresh dried fruits then you're aware of now it's fruity and sweet but not intensely fruity and richly sweet like fresh fruit.

A lot of you at this point are probably wondering if it's similar to the Serge Lutens dried fruit accord.

No it's different. Serge's accord is more of a compote. Stewed dried fruits where the fructose is escalated. Over here the fructose is muted.

The saffron accord smells solid. Like a concentrate of saffron.

There's a milk tea we prepare over here that is emphasized with saffron.

Some people add strands of saffron to the boiling tea or while it steeps.

I like to drop a few strands into a 20ml cup of boiling water then let it infuse for a few minutes. You end up with very concentrated saffron water. But because you add it to liters of tea it's not bitter.

The saffron in Noble Leather is like this. Robust and concentrated but perfectly balanced with the dried fruit accord.

Highly recommended if Tuscan Leather , Clive Christian C & Cuir Ottoman appeal to you.At first smell, it is very reminiscent of Tuscan Leather.

Lillibet 18 months ago
A gutsy leather and tobacco ride accompanied by rich dried fruits, spices and a hint of boozy vanilla. So decadent.+2
6.0