Paris (1983)Eau de Parfum

Paris (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand

Paris (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 1983. The scent is floral-green. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Sophia Grojsman

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 11.07.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Paris (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent, which differs in concentration.

Santalwalti
Flair parisien - léger et oriental
The word 'Paris' alone triggers promising associations that suggest elegance, beauty, an extraordinary flair and a special fashion consciousness. For me, a special flair includes above all the art museums, the cafés, the distinguished sounding language, the ballet ensemble of the Paris Opera, the French way of life in general, which is characterized by lightness, which is reflected in both classical and entertaining music, such as Debussy's piano works or the chansons accompanied by bandoneon sounds, and last but not least the scents of important perfumes. The cosmopolitan city of Paris is exceptionally beautiful and always worth a detour, at any time of the year.

The American, very successful perfume designer Sophia Grojsman created this flowery fragrance with a light, orange rose scent and a wonderful oriental touch in 1983 and gave it the name 'Paris'. It is available as Eau de Toilette and as Eau de Parfum.

From our perfume treasure hunter, who is becoming more and more a treasure finder for my senses, I received a bottling of the EDP, for which I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much. Yesterday I sprayed this Parisian air and instantly felt I was in a very fragrant flower garden. An elegantly curved rose arch is emblazoned in its centre, around which a metre-high rose with a delicious musk scent winds its way. Some songbirds chirp in the arc amusingly, which does not surprise me at all. The green rose foliage is delicate, delicate and pretty to look at. The flowers are also small in size, although they are very pushy and full. The rose called 'Ghislaine de Féligonde', which is true to its roots and smells intensely of musk, comes to my mind here. A bright, cream-soft climbing rose cultivated by the French rose grower Turbat and exhibited in Paris in 1916, matching the name of the perfume. It is a real garden beauty whose apricot-coloured flowers shine and enchant even from a distance. This scent seems just as charming to me.

Do you know the feeling, perhaps still from childhood days, where you ride along a straight road by bicycle under trees and look up for moments and the shimmering light in the branches and foliage of the trees passes over you like in a rush? I used to do that sometimes - an almost unreal experience, as if you could fly. Also this pleasant memory comes to my mind while I wear 'Paris' on my skin.

I can't by any stretch of the imagination smell everything listed in the pyramid. But I perceive clearly refreshing, citric chords of orange, bergamot and rose geranium and the above described odeur of a noble, lushly blooming and in the best sense 'old' looking rose as well as a gentle, cuddly musk essence, which is carried by earthy woody wood notes and probably responsible for the very long durability of Paris
The fragrance is floral, fresh, green, rosy, stunningly varied and yet perfectly stimulating, harmonious right from the start. And at the same time 'Paris' opens with warming, woody base notes that convey a wonderful oriental flair from beginning to end (and that's about 10 hours for me). I feel well dressed with this fragrance, feel that it radiates noblesse and has an almost intoxicating effect. That's what this eau de parfum is made for. It wants to beguile and radiate, wants to convey Parisian flair, a seductive lightness of being - and this applies not only to the wearer, but also to her surroundings. Discreetly dosed it's nice, then it suits me well during the day, but if it grabs me and I spray it three times on my neck, neck and hair and additionally include at least one wrist, it's much, much more beautiful. Then it's suitable for going out in pairs, whether for dinner in a fancy restaurant or to go to a concert in the Philharmonie or the Jazzclub, and I would also like it for a night hike...where it's just a matter of following your nose, even if you don't see much anymore...

I am once again taken with a fragrance that is a real discovery for me. At this point I would like to say "Thank you" to so many lovely people here who so generously send me rehearsals again and again and allow me such fragrant voyages of discovery. Already yesterday I ordered the perfume online - here in the village I don't get something so fine. I'm very much looking forward to the pretty glass bottle with the golden cap and its delicious contents, which really makes you want to go to Paris.

Mon beau Paris ....
by Blödel
Winterduft mit Flair (blühende Erika ...'on the top')
Unter dem Himmel von Paris • Sous le ciel de Paris
Ja oder Nein
by Lasagne
by Lasagne

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Cuir by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent