Parisienne (2009) Eau de Parfum

Parisienne (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent

Parisienne (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberry, Cranberry, Vinyl, Citruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.10.2019

Seventeen years, blond hair
When I first smelled this scent, I inevitably had to think of my seventeen year old self.
A fragrance, as convinced of itself as you are at 17.

At first glance probably too loud and also too unadapted.
Yes, you seem to be quite a cheeky little fruit.
You also have a tender page, but not everyone should see it directly.
Like soft flowers that shine through a little from time to time.
You're trying to hide her. You're self-confident and rebellious. Nobody can do anything to you like that Maybe a little volatile, almost jumpy you are.
Something sticks out and doesn't want to fit in completely.
But who wants to be like everyone else? Everyone says... while wearing the same branded shoes and the same haircut at the same time.

A fragrance that doesn't seem quite mature yet. Who lacks a little depth of character and expressiveness, as you have to acquire them in life.
Maybe that's what makes him so charming. This carefree casualness, which just wants to call you to your face: Watch out, here I come and the world belongs to me.
Unfortunately, it disappears very quickly. Like so many things you thought at 17 would last forever.
10.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Edda32
Gummy bear schnapps on melted record
Fragrance pyramid is imperceptible to me. It smells from the bottle like a blackberry schnapps and on the skin like a pink gummi bear. Strongly synthetic. Stings through the nose directly into the brain. I found the scent very clumsy. The bottle's pretty, though
6.0 4.0 7.0 6.5/10

Rose plastic makeup bag
It opens with a handful of fresh red berries. Then comes the powdery rose blended with vinyl. The vinyl can be easily detected on me, and it's an interesting twist. I totally get the plastic makeup bag comparison. The red berries are still detectable, and add a hint of tartness to refresh the rose. However, I can barely smell the woody base. And the fragrance doesn't evolve much after then. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is around 8h on me.

Parisienne is chic and casual, an effortless elegance. However, I doubt if the vinyl note smells good to everyone. I suggest testing prior to blind buy.

Originally written in 2013
7.5 2.5 5.0 6.0/10

Sillage is weak
For those debating on whether or not to make the plunge for Parisienne, I think that it is important to consider that it has a tendency to vanish in cold weather. I first got this fragrance in the summer and thought that the fragrance had acceptable longevity: I would get whiffs of it 5-6 hours into my workday. In the winter, it pales in comparison to other sillage bombs in my closet and I find it's completely gone before I even have the chance to smell it.

The bottle is beautiful and well made. The cap is heavy and the bottle ergonomically fits into your hand. The scent is also quite pretty... it's comparable to other juicy rose/berry fragrances out there (like VC&A's Feerie, for instance) at a similar price range. I cannot smell the plastic notes although I've been assured by many that the plastic-feel is there.

I think it's a versatile fragrance and a would make for a good present but I found that I tired of it quicky: something that rarely happens for a fragrance I initially love. To the seasoned perfumista it will probably be boring, but it held quite a wow-factor for me when I was new to perfumes.
7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Sweet, Pink, Abstract Fruity Floral
YSL PARISIENNE opens with a blast of sweet pinkness common to several of the other currently available mainstream designer pink fruity floral fragrances. The red fruits are far more dominant than the rose in this composition, making this a quite different perfume from the rose bomb PARIS. This is obviously geared toward young consumers for whom PARIS smells too much like their mother.

The sweetness level of this eau de parfum is quite high, so I would not recommend this as a rose fragrance. The flowers seem pretty abstract as they say, but the overall composition smells friendly and sweet and nice, conveying the image of the high school homecoming queen whose signature scent this may be. Nothing offensive, nothing contentious, just a nice, sweet ordinary scent.

I do not think that PARISIENNE smells overly synthetic, nor is it very complex. But it is basically interchangeable with any of the similar fragrances on the market today, including FERRE ROSE, among others. If you like this sort of thing, just look for the pink, as they have been color coded, it seems.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Modernised version of YSL Paris
Parisienne is yet another quintessential rose fragrance on the market today.

Unlike the original Paris by YSL, Parisienne is a much softer, more watery rose scent, excellent for wear in the warmer months.

The red berries and blackberry in the top notes, really adds a lovely fruity touch to the already dominant rose note. It gives this fragrance a subtle tart-like finish.

Parisienne is a modern take on a very popular scent; rose. In my opinion it is very chic and stylish. Kate Moss actually represents this fragrance well.

I was a little surprised that this was in EDP concentration. The way it rested lightly upon my skin with such little sillage strength, made me swear it was an EDT.

Like I previously mentioned, this is a very refreshing, watered-down rose scent with a slight greeness about it that makes for a very Summery and inoffensive fragrance.

Casual yet classy, Parisienne will impress you with its simplicity rather than its uniqueness.

Trucklady 127 days ago
Fruichouli that is meh. Basis of Mon Paris, I guess.+1

The lucky ones are curious  (F. W. Nietzsche) Die Glücklichen sind neugierig
Regenspiegel auf der Gartenbank
by Santalwalti
Pluie à Paris - Regen in Paris ❤ ZAZ ❤ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJusbv35joo
by Edda32