Parisienne 2009Eau de Parfum

Parisienne (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent
Parisienne (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberry, Cranberry, Vinyl, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.09.2020.

Edda32
Gummy bear schnapps on melted record
Fragrance pyramid is imperceptible to me. It smells from the bottle like a blackberry schnapps and on the skin like a pink gummi bear. Strongly synthetic. Stings through the nose directly into the brain. I found the scent very clumsy. The bottle's pretty, though

Rose plastic makeup bag
It opens with a handful of fresh red berries. Then comes the powdery rose blended with vinyl. The vinyl can be easily detected on me, and it's an interesting twist. I totally get the plastic makeup bag comparison. The red berries are still detectable, and add a hint of tartness to refresh the rose. However, I can barely smell the woody base. And the fragrance doesn't evolve much after then. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is around 8h on me.

Parisienne is chic and casual, an effortless elegance. However, I doubt if the vinyl note smells good to everyone. I suggest testing prior to blind buy.

Originally written in 2013
2.5

Sillage is weak
For those debating on whether or not to make the plunge for Parisienne, I think that it is important to consider that it has a tendency to vanish in cold weather. I first got this fragrance in the summer and thought that the fragrance had acceptable longevity: I would get whiffs of it 5-6 hours into my workday. In the winter, it pales in comparison to other sillage bombs in my closet and I find it's completely gone before I even have the chance to smell it.

The bottle is beautiful and well made. The cap is heavy and the bottle ergonomically fits into your hand. The scent is also quite pretty... it's comparable to other juicy rose/berry fragrances out there (like VC&A's Feerie, for instance) at a similar price range. I cannot smell the plastic notes although I've been assured by many that the plastic-feel is there.

I think it's a versatile fragrance and a would make for a good present but I found that I tired of it quicky: something that rarely happens for a fragrance I initially love. To the seasoned perfumista it will probably be boring, but it held quite a wow-factor for me when I was new to perfumes.

Sweet, Pink, Abstract Fruity Floral
YSL PARISIENNE opens with a blast of sweet pinkness common to several of the other currently available mainstream designer pink fruity floral fragrances. The red fruits are far more dominant than the rose in this composition, making this a quite different perfume from the rose bomb PARIS. This is obviously geared toward young consumers for whom PARIS smells too much like their mother.

The sweetness level of this eau de parfum is quite high, so I would not recommend this as a rose fragrance. The flowers seem pretty abstract as they say, but the overall composition smells friendly and sweet and nice, conveying the image of the high school homecoming queen whose signature scent this may be. Nothing offensive, nothing contentious, just a nice, sweet ordinary scent.

I do not think that PARISIENNE smells overly synthetic, nor is it very complex. But it is basically interchangeable with any of the similar fragrances on the market today, including FERRE ROSE, among others. If you like this sort of thing, just look for the pink, as they have been color coded, it seems.

Modernised version of YSL Paris
Parisienne is yet another quintessential rose fragrance on the market today.

Unlike the original Paris by YSL, Parisienne is a much softer, more watery rose scent, excellent for wear in the warmer months.

The red berries and blackberry in the top notes, really adds a lovely fruity touch to the already dominant rose note. It gives this fragrance a subtle tart-like finish.

Parisienne is a modern take on a very popular scent; rose. In my opinion it is very chic and stylish. Kate Moss actually represents this fragrance well.

I was a little surprised that this was in EDP concentration. The way it rested lightly upon my skin with such little sillage strength, made me swear it was an EDT.

Like I previously mentioned, this is a very refreshing, watered-down rose scent with a slight greeness about it that makes for a very Summery and inoffensive fragrance.

Casual yet classy, Parisienne will impress you with its simplicity rather than its uniqueness.

TruckladyTrucklady 17 months ago
Fruichouli that is meh. Basis of Mon Paris, I guess.

by Edda32
by GreenTin
by Hufing
by Hufing

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent