Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011)

Version from 2011
Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent

Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2011. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Oakmoss, Geranium, Gaiac wood, Lavender, Patchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.11.2019

8.0 7.0 9.0 9.5/10

In peace lies strength!
In the meantime, I have already been registered here for a few months, during which my account balance has decreased, but my collection has increased to the same extent - but I have not yet come to active writing. I think it's time to change that and Rive Gauche is the fragrance that gives me the opportunity.

I'd like to say that I can't do much with the many individual notes that are present on Parfumo, because my nose may not work fine enough, but mainly because I perceive fragrances as something very subjective and my assessments of fragrances are not based on individual notes, but rather on associations and connections.

And it's exactly such associations that make me appreciate Rive Gauche, because I combine the scent, which here and on many other platforms is called the barbershop scent (and rightly so), with the ritual of the wet shave, which I don't do so often anymore thanks to Bart, but still enjoy a few times a year. Whip on warm shaving foam yourself and apply to the face, let it take effect, shave 2-3 times, then rinse with cold water and a caring aftershave - after these 10 minutes you will feel refreshed, cared for and relaxed. Rive Gauche manages to pack this emotion into a fragrance that has something of shaving foam, but above all gives me the feeling of relaxation and peace. But this peace of mind also goes hand in hand with a good measure of self-confidence: "I am a fragrance from past years, that may be, but I have my right to exist - first find something younger that goes in this direction" - that is what this fragrance conveys to me, and I have found nothing better so far, until then I enjoy this successful fragrance, which radiates self-confident peace and serenity from beginning to end and does not change much for me in the course of time
In addition, I find Rive Gauche quite universally applicable - leisure, office, both go. All seasons go, even the summer, because the scent doesn't convey any sweetness or heaviness for me. I'd probably put on something else to go out, but that's okay too. Shelf life is very good for me, the scent brings me through a working day. I perceive the Sillage as neat, but not exaggerated - throughout the day the fragrance withdraws without losing its presence altogether. The bottle is simple, but pretty.

In this sense a nice weekend with peace and strength - and hopefully a successful introduction to the commentary world of Profumo ;)
4.0 8.0 10.0 5.0/10

Arrgghhhblblblblwlwlwlwl
Does the title say it all? ':D

By chance or the goodness of a souker, I came across a small sample of Rive Gauche at some point, and actually tested it again because I read that the new "Coach Platinum" reminds me of that.

Wow, that would be an obvious reason for me to skip that. ':D

I have already tested Rive Gauche once, as mentioned, and even then he could not "convince" me. This time the deja vu:
Arghhhh, so dry... so barbershop. So mercilessly clean, bone dry, and hard. No freshness that cushions everything somehow, and just a little subtle sweetness that comes across like smelling a flower far too close. Or licking soap. I CAN'T! Wah! N

But of course the phenomenon that you can't get fragrances you don't like off your skin, no matter how often you wash your hands. Is there a trick? Maybe with oil? Alcohol? Argh it is so bad, the smell comes again and again briefly into my nose...

I still manage to jump over my shadow and appreciate the style. I mean, I find it made "valuable", and I can feel that people whose noses are calibrated to such brute guys smells find it very good.
But it's nothing to me. And never will. And who now accuses me of being a "mainstreamy", I carry out Amouage Jubilation XXV Sometimes casual as if there was nothing there, okayyy? ;)

Everyone has their own individual taste, and this is where my borderline runs. ^^

Itchynose 9 months ago
Clean and soapy shaving cream scent. A modern take on the classic barbershop fougère.+2

by Miaw2