Saharienne by Yves Saint Laurent

Saharienne is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2011. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It was last marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGalbanum, Currant leaf, Orange blossom, White blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesGinger, Pink pepper

Submitted by Skylab, last update on 18.10.2018

Marzipan
Saharienne - Where has your desert gone?
Saharienne - you being inspired by the barren properties of the desert.
Where is your burning sun and your aura of mystery? Instead of captivating me with your charisma, you gently wrap me in a floral, airy silk garment and waft a harsh, aquaric freshness towards me. No... a desert like the one I imagine, I don't see in you.

Then I let her go, the mysterious Sahara.
And turn to you. Saharienne, you make me think of a carefree holiday - in a holiday residence overlooking the sea. And here I stand, in my wafting silk dress, on the balcony lined with flowers, and look with wonder at the sea, wonderfully bathed in gold by the sun. I can see this picture before my eyes when I smell whipped cream on my wrist. A somewhat darker, mysterious side is missing from you than that I could name you after such an inexorable and yet beautiful desert as the Sahara is one of them.

What a shame!
5.0 6.0/10

The Agony of the Salesgirl
As soon as I knew of the existence of "Saharienne", I did not stop questioning and bothering the nice lady in my favorite mainstream perfume store when at last "Saharienne" would be made available to us.

Today she could finally tell me that it had already arrived at the back office and would be sold to the public next week. "Well, finally", I said to myself, and I was not the only happy one. An early sample was graciously given out.

"Saharienne" starts fresh, citric and with something that smells like candied tangerine. Fortunately, this note disappears fast. I do not like at all such sticky sweet stuff at this time of the year. After that the scent turns soft, warm, and warmer still. I would not have thought it possible ... but one can smell heat without breaking out into a sweat.

During the transition from head notes to heart, there is a little of "Chloe Eau de Lavande". Like a soft breeze, a flowery bouquet is noticeable before the scent turns into its woody base. Something in there reminds me of amber although this note is not listed.

Conclusion: A soft, warm perfume which is refreshing nonetheless. The longevity could be better.
1.0/10

lemony soapy musky peppery
This is a most boring scent. It's lemon, but not the exhilarating, sweet, sharp, mossy, wet lemon scent I used to get from the lemon leafs that I picked every day on the way to school and tore into little strips and inhaled all the way to the bridge before throwing the torn up bits of leaf off the bridge and watching them fall into the water. I would bury my nose in the crushed leaf and wipe the leaf up and down my arms to become the scent. Nor is it the pure lemon scent that goes up your nose to the back of your throat when you are squeezing a lemon it's so sharp it makes you salivate. No. this is more like a too diluted lemon disinfectant I might mop the bathroom with and forget about the moment I walk out of the room.
A light thin lemon which in its long drydown becomes candied lemon, very musky and slightly soapy. the pepper and the ginger and the candied lemon at the end of it all seem to be discordant.
5.0 5.0 5.0 3.0/10

No experiments
Nothing experimental about this one. A fresh, citrussy summer scent, pleasant, but devoid of any surprises. Just average. We've all smelled this before a hundred times and more. I don't have the faintest idea why on earth YSL would come up with such a nondescript scent. The drydown reminds me of cheap male cologne. I think this is what the press blurp tries to point out when they state that the fragrances is a "surprising encounter between a mineral freshness and a warm breeze". To me, it's just an average woody amber drydown - to round off the the disappointing experience. Staying power is not as bad as I thought in the beginning, i.e. the ambery notes lingered on for 6 hs on my skin.
Also okay on a man, I reckon.

Jazzy76 14 months ago
It was a very refreshing fragrance perfect in the summer days and the bottle too was very elegant.I liked so much...why they discontinued?

by Angua