Y 2018 Eau de Parfum

Y (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent
Y (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Geranium absoluteGeranium absolute
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwoodAmberwood
FrankincenseFrankincense
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 17.10.2021.

Currently, American singer-songwriter Lenny Kravitz is the face of the advertising campaign. Previously, American singer-songwriter Adam Levine (Maroon 5) was chosen for the campaign.

Blazn67
The Swiss army knife of fragrances
With this fragrance you get virtually a Swiss army knife of fragrances - a super all-rounder, which can be used very versatile.

I got the fragrance as an addition to my collection. He smells fantastically good (not too sweet, not too synthetic, not too intrusive, not too weak) and is thus very versatile.

The durability is absolutely fine. The sillage I actually like very much - remains very consistent, even over several hours. If there is ever a sale, you should definitely strike. Because as already mentioned. You can actually wear the fragrance for any occasion and any season.
Good office fragrance
Initially, I wrote here a statement about the fragrance, because I was of the opinion that Y is just another for me good Acquat the possibly not such a special story as Acqua die Gio has.

However, it almost hurts me how this really great fragrance is partially torn apart here. For me, it is actually unimaginable how to get from a fragrance nausea, I had at least never.

About the fragrance: citrus, apple and ginger to start. Sage joins later and through the amber wood and incense he gets the masculinity.
I'm a suit wearer and really like to wear it in the office, where I also got the one or other positive feedback from colleagues, here specifically female. I do not necessarily need compliments for fragrances, as far as I hear nothing negative already fits. Ultimately, I wear a fragrance for me and not for whom else.

The durability is with me between 6-8 hours, whereby he performs 6 hours really well and then the last two hours fades out and is only subtly perceptible. For me, perfectly fine. On clothes of course longer.

The sillage is perfectly adequate. I pull a small beautiful cloud behind and my office is not entirely filled with Y. From the her for me suitable.

Of course, you could use Y for other purposes than the office. He also goes to the party or to the date. I personally own but other fragrances that I would prefer.

In conclusion, I am of the opinion that Y will please everyone who has, for example, joy in Sauvage or Acqua di Gio and does not have to hide behind those. Just because Sauvage really almost everyone owns.
Sweet cocktail at the beach bar in Gran Canaria
This fragrance was a spontaneous purchase back in 2018 on holiday in Gran Canaria.
To me was then my beloved A&F Fierce banged on the floor in the hotel.
1 week smelled at least the bathroom dream

It was a sultry evening in Gran Canaria when I entered the perfumery and spontaneously tested myself in search of a holiday fragrance.

Then it was Y's turn.
Boom: what a strong scent DNA that was pulling around my nose. A total reset for my nose. Very unique at that time in its DNA.

Fruity, citrusy, with strong biting sweetness in the foreground. Actually, just right for a club night in a beach bar outdoors.

This is how it's supposed to be. So far, Y has always been on board for cocktail bars and summer nights out. Especially on vacation.

A fragrance with which I have never really smelled full to this day.
Sillage: very strong (even outdoors)

Fragrance Character: very sweet, but bearable. Good rounding. Not annoying.

Sage and apple clearly dominates here in the opening.
Simji
Solid sage / rose geranium everyday fragrance
That the YSL - Y EDP no groundbreaking fragrance experience holds, that is probably clear to everyone here. Nevertheless, I think the fragrance has its raison d'être, even if I personally am not a big fan of it.

Generally, I could divide the journey into 3 clear phases:

The opening is dominated by apple, ginger and citrus notes. Unfortunately, the apple comes across a bit artificial for me here, so that the association with my daily shampoo "Head & Shoulders" came to me immediately. Surely there are also men who like this, but for me it is a little too "youthful".

However...

The apple and citrus notes fade surprisingly quickly (10-15 minutes) and what remains is sage as the main note, supported by the rose geranium. The fragrance is from this point on so simply clean and has for me something of soap, which I find quite not bad. From here the fragrance is then also suitable for men ü25 ;-)

From many other fragrance notes that are specified, such as incense and tonka, is unfortunately missing any trace.

After about 6 hours on the skin then say goodbye to sage and rose geranium and what remains is actually the first time really masculine for my taste: it is the amber wood, which has not really shown up to now. This then sounds out another 2 hours, until finally nothing more is perceptible.

Conclusion:

It is opinion after a solid everyday fragrance without corners and edges, the opening is probably more suitable for the younger semester...

H/S are slightly above average and the bottle looks really classy in my opinion.

In my collection he will not stay, because for me the "certain something" is missing. For someone who is looking for a no-brainer (not meant negatively) and Ambroxanbomben like DIOR Sauvage & Co. would like to do without, YSL-Y EDP but a good alternative.
Breaking a Lance
Another "blue", does it have to be? That's probably what many people here think, or at least similar, which can be seen not least in the very different ratings. Some claim that the good Yves would turn in the grave, others praise him to the sky. Actually, very unusual, since this fragrance direction is often described as very uncomplicated and suitable for the masses.

I admit to have recently come to the taste of such fragrances. Although I appreciate my oriental and Fougeredüfte still very much, but for everyday life, these "blue" are now indisputably very practical.

With Y of Yves Saint Laurent we have such a candidate. I have read through many of the comments here, and from nausea to masterpiece everything was there. I'll keep it short and settle in the middle. I really like this scent, despite the synthetics - that's just the direction general taste is going.

Y opens with a sour green apple, which is defused by the ginger. Nevertheless, a very scratchy start, which must not be bad at all. Just this ginger remains namely throughout the course, which I like very much. Later, sage is noticeably added, before everything is bedded on a base of incense, amber wood and tonka. Out comes a fresh fragrance with a certain depth and maturity, which certainly compared to some other exotic does not stand out, but just that does not want at all.

Despite everything, he just gives me a good dose of joy and confidence - perfect for the start of a long working day.

A big plus is that it holds up really well. For an 8-hour day more than enough. To me, the performance is actually also not a priority, but it's still nice when he stays there for a long time.

Ultimately, I am very convinced and taken by Y EDP, but can also understand the critics who might have wanted something more unique. But just these different perceptions make our hobby yes so interesting and lively :)

LG
Y so underrated?
I bought the fragrance on some Youtuber recommendations last year blind and was from the first second and away. The fragrance is a super alternative to the boring Sauvage and Aventusähnlichen fragrances. It smells much more unique and is totally underrated in my eyes. The Y is one of the few fragrances that fit any situation and if you want to collect proper compliments. The fragrance has a very strong durability and sillage, like hardly any other fragrance in the fragrance direction.
I wear him almost every day and annoyed that I only ordered the 60ml variant, however, 2 sprays are quite enough and especially on warm days you should not overdo it.
The fragrance is a true all-rounder for younger people and is also perfect for parties, because it is not as widespread as its competitors and very strongly projected.
Have rarely so many compliments in one day for a fragrance get.
I will reorder him me, as soon as he is empty.
"Karma, karma, karma, karma Chameleon" Easter review
Moin you crazy perfumos,

(Who just wants to read a quick review, it starts as always below :-D)

first of all, I'd like to wish you all a very happy Easter. I hope the old hobble bunny makes a stop at your house too. Even though Easter will be in a small circle this year, my daughter (5 yrs) old is already excited.

"Daddy we definitely need carrots for the Easter bunny!" she shouted loudly through the supermarket yesterday, holding the biggest bunch of carrots she could grab.

And so, late yesterday afternoon, we were still decorating our living quarters with carrots for the Easter Bunny. So now nothing can go wrong ;-)

But back to the perfume world:

After my review of "La vie est belle" has made surprisingly high waves here last week and was discussed very controversial in the comments (it was mainly about the differentiation of the term "mainstream"), we take today another "mainstream" fragrance before, which came here initially very badly away.

First of all, I would like to mention again that it is the comment on "La vie est belle" but also in this comment solely my opinion that no one must share.
Me (personally) is always about perfume reviews, however, that a fragrance is evaluated with the standards that it deserves and that are appropriate.

Briefly for understanding, I find the Xerjoff Star Musk overall nicer than the Light Blue intense. And yet, the Light Blue intense got a 10 from me. Because in what it is (namely a cheap, fresh summer scent) , it is unbeatable.

And when I dig through these comments here, I shudder at one or two of them. The reasons for most of the bad reviews here often read the same. "Too sweet, too synthetic"

But also here.....Mal hand on the heart. With what expectation one goes then to a fragrance, if this is categorized here on Parfumo at the top with "The fragrance is sweet-synthetic." ?
So I expect then mostly a sweet and synthetic fragrance. Unbelievable that exactly these qualities are so argued here. What was the expectation then? That the fragrance smells spicy-powdery???

Who does not like sweet and synthetic, but knows beforehand that this fragrance is probably out of the question. And yet this fragrance is then made exactly that to the reproach. I like e.g. no rose fragrances, yet I can evaluate a rose fragrance quite objectively and also with a 10. Even if I don't like the scent or the direction. The fragrance can't do anything about that. And if I can not attach this objectivity, then I do not evaluate.

The Y is accused here punitively, in addition to its scandalous sweet-synthetic, the lack of uniqueness. Two things about this. First, I don't understand the need for uniqueness in general, but everyone has to decide for themselves whether uniqueness should be a criterion. On the other hand, I think you can smell this fragrance among many. Also, a look at the fragrance twins here reveals that this scent doesn't sniff as right as others. So I am sure I would recognize this one blindly. Of course, the scent direction is quite familiar. But the fragrance is still not a clin of another - and also similarities to other fragrances I see at most remote.

But let's just start with the review. :-) and again in advance. I will also try with this fragrance to give an objective assessment. For this, I will also briefly say in the future, as what I rate this fragrance. I will keep this in the future also in such a way. So, let's get started

*Rating for a sweet-synthetic, fresh designer fragrance*

Flacon: 8/10.

Solid, heavy, good sprayer. Simple, but beautiful design - I like it.

Fragrance: 8/10

The scent starts with a neat sweet apple-ginger mix. This is, unsurprisingly, synthetic, almost like an apple-flavored Hubba Bubba. The top note is already fierce and also only suitable for people who like sweet scents. I do (from time to time) and I actually quite like the top note. Less might have been more here for some, but I like it. And I personally am of the opinion if sweet, then it may also briefly loud. :-) And I can reassure everyone, the hefitge sweetness gets "better". Because the bergamot, but especially aldehydes already ensure in the top notes that the fragrance gets the necessary freshness. The heart notes, especially the sage, then give the fragrance its own character. The sage is clearly perceptible, but not penetrating. On the contrary, in the interplay with the geranium results here in a surprisingly good combination.

For the biggest surprise, however, the fragrance provided me after about 4-5 hours. Because the sweetness is now almost completely stepped into the background and what remains is a pretty masculine, slightly woody and fresh scent. This twist I would not have trusted the fragrance after the read comments at all and I was really surprised. This, but noticeable fragrance development I would not have expected at all. Many designers smell but quite linear and change at most nuances. (Which is totally okay!) But Y really smells completely different in the base than in the top note. The fragrance evolves from a sweet-synthetic scent to a woody freshness. Like a chameleon, he changes yet very much.

Short form: first loud, sweet-synthetic bubblegum "teen" scent (I like it) - then later a real sage-wood freshman with slight residual sweetness

Durability: 9/10

let's make it short, 9 hours = 9 points, on the clothes even the next day clearly smell

Sillage: 8/10

quite decent, the top note is present for two hours for everyone. After that, still anything but skin

Wearability: 8.5/10

Like almost all blue a classic all-rounder. But please casual. To the suit or business outfit would now be nothing for me. I personally do not need the work. Otherwise, the but always and everywhere. For me, by the way, the perfect fragrance for a summer outdoor festival. Because exactly there is the combination of sweet-loud and yet fresh but just right.

Compliments: 9.5/10

I have the fragrance only since a week (big thanks again to Mente for the uncomplicated, fair and fast Soukdeal) and wore it the day before yesterday in the office. Since everyone there knows that I have a "perfume problem" and wear a different fragrance almost every day, they pay attention to my scent. :-). And what can I say? Especially the ladies in the office thought the scent (especially the top note!!!) was great. Also my wife loves him (which is unsurprising - she loves almost all sweet fragrances)

Price/Performance: 6/10

The biggest weakness from the fragrance. Because for what he wants to be he is then at least 15% too expensive. But this applies to all known, blue fragrances (except the super cheap Dylan Blue )

But even here, in the sale you can also buy the halfway cheap (200ml 85.00 €)

Conclusion: A fragrance that is described with sweet-synthetic starts unsurprisingly sweet-synthetic. And then transforms surprisingly well into an everyday, blue, fresh fragrance with residual sweetness. H/S great, P/L okay at sale. I like it and was even surprised by the scent development. Blindbuykandidat.

As always hanseatische greetings⚓
Beautiful and versatile fragrance
With 7.3 comes the fragrance overall in my opinion too bad away. Apple and bergamot are very good at the beginning, but rather something synthetic to perceive. Ginger I smell here strangely not out. The synthetic fades somewhat with time and the heart note I perceive as very pleasant.

In general, this is more of a "more modern fragrance", which is very well received by the masses and especially by many women. On U30 I would not limit him now, because he can be worn confidently Ü30. Is less about age, more about the appearance / characteristics of a person.

The durability is top with me and almost on Sauvage level. Sillage is not quite as "loud" as the Sauvage EdT, however, just in the first hour very strong for a rather fresher fragrance.

In general, a very versatile fragrance that you can wear well dosed even in the office. Otherwise, a great alternative to the now too widespread Sauvage for the young audience such as students, etc.. With the performance, it is of course also a nice alternative for the summer.

Conclusion: By far the best "Y" of the series.
Alternative to Invictus?
I don't know exactly why, but the scent reminds me a bit of Invictus by Paco Rabanne. In my opinion, Y has a similar sweetness, but still also woody and masculine notes, which make this fragrance a good all-rounder. Similar to Invictus, Y is probably best suited for young men (U30).
Since Invictus is now a bit outdated and unfortunately anything but unique, I think this fragrance might be a good alternative
Sqmax
Unusually unique with a great ending
Strong prelude.
At the beginning I smell especially the bergamot, a splash of (synthetic) apple and the whole pleasantly subtle underpinned by ginger.
The further course appeals to me personally olfactory not particularly, because although the fresh notes disappear, their synthetics but somehow continues to lie above the sweetness.

What really excites me about Y is the finish. After about 5-6 hours, the synthetic sweetness disappears and it remains a masculine smelling fragrance, which is m.M.n. especially younger people excellent to face.
Even if not listed here, I smell aldehydes, which simply give the base that certain something.

Overall, a great fragrance, which is exciting for any perfume novice from its course.

Shafkat82Shafkat82 5 months ago
A perfect mainstream designer fragrance . Compliment magnet with above average performance. Great job by YSL after Nuit de l'Homme (Old).
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 6 months ago
Synthetic but pleasant. Apple, sage and ambroxan all the way through. Simple but works great.
GreMuserGreMuser 9 months ago
Synthetic-sweet generic for teenagers.
Nik604Nik604 9 months ago
Just another ethyl maltol bomb for 17 years old...the main buyers for such an expensive pretense.
Arman038Arman038 9 months ago
Youthful, fresh-sweet, sexy and it lasts for about 8 to 9 hours. Do you want more?
TsoTso 1 year ago
Sweet & fresh compliment pulling mass-pleaser. If you want to smell pleasant to 'everyone' around you, wear this. And get complimented.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Blue scent that opens with a synthetic apple and some citrus. In the drydown, you get sage with some sweetness and tonka. Boring scent.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 1 year ago
I never get compliments. I wore this on a business trip and was complimented every day. Thank you YSL. #pantydropper
ScentDaneScentDane 2 years ago
Sharp, fresh apple and ginger on a base of spicy, woody, fougere notes. Mass appealing and safe. Perfect for spring, the office and casual.
Hoban27Hoban27 2 years ago
SOAPY FRESH FRUITY VIBE WITH LITTLE SWEETNESS AND SPICES CLEAN & VERSATILE AND MODERN! VERY GOOD PERFORMANCE TOO

by Eigemann
by Qudah
by Sia23
by Sia23

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent