La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique 2021

La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent
Top 21 in Men's Perfume
La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique is a new perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2021. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot CardamomCardamom GingerGinger
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrench lavenderFrench lavender GeraniumGeranium
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 11.05.2022.

Blwooow electrique
Blwoow electrique, I was really wowed to see that the old timer is somehow partially resurrected and is haunting this one. You can definitely smell the majority of the old dna in here. Same sexy sweet & creamy cardamom but kinda more refreshing. Still having some sweetness but not an overbaring one. Pleasant and very appealing.
When you will wear this, you will know for sure that you'll smell good. And that's it. I will put this little baby in the same category with TF Noir Extreme and D&G The One Edp. Same purpose.
Date nights or nights out, especially with that beautiful lady of yours or that will become yours after smelling you wearing some of the above.

The performance is taking the sweet spot for me. For being a newer release and having this performance, I must appreciate it.
It's staying one the skin around 7-8 hours (or more if you bath in it)
and the projection is very good in the 1st hour, at least in my case. After the first hour it will calm down a bit but still continuing to project slightly even after 5-6 hours. At that point the ones that will hug you will still smell it on you easily.
The prices are very good sometimes and you will get a (more than you might think) versatile & great fragrance.
As for the seasons, I will suggest it in chilly weather (fall & friendly winter nights) not specifically for freezing temperatures or below that but you can try it. It has a lot of potential and it might work and fight back even in extreme conditions.
I am very grateful to have it, I love it and I am very pleased by this release.
Don't you dare to miss it !
My experience is based on a bottle I own from 01-2021.

Overall : 7.9 / 10

Calm down Mr. Bleu
In the journey of Perfumes, you might some times fill in traps, and one of those traps is you Mr. Bleu. No body can deny that it is a nice smell. But >>>

Is it unique!!? Nope

Is it powerful!!? Nope

Is it a paradigm shift in perfume world!!? Definitely not

Will, for my opinion its just another overhyped perfume i just fill in its trap, and its another boring flanker from the iconic perfume la nuit de l'homme>>>

Best Blue Fragrance in the Game
YSL did it .They fixed LNDH in its tragic 2021 state and transformed it into a powerful , mass appealing and sexy Fragrance . Dont get me wrong they did not reinvent the wheel nor did they make something groundbreaking that will change the shift of the fragrance world ,but they finally did something right. They created a fragrance that is meant to appeal to the masses and it actually does .Judging by the past mens releases of 2021 and 2020 it went downhill for the Y and L'homme line ,with one weak release after the other. But once again ,we're here LNDH Bleu Elecrtique is here and all that is past news. The fragrance kicks off with a spicy-fresh opening with the ginger not being that present in my nose but subtle yet existant.The bergamot and cardamom as well the cedarwood dominate the first note grabbing your attention by the instant. As it sets down the lavender geranium and vetiver show up as it dries down and turns into a more intimate scent in the matter of 3-4 Hours ,where I think its scent peaks. Copliments fly in with this fragrance ,its pretty much a case of the "you cant go wrong with this one" ,it is inoffensive ,it is pleasant and certainly not difficult to pull off. Some may find it boring ,I personally dont,I find it more interesting than your average blue line .Longevity is basically all day long especially on clothes ,silage on the other hand is not as strong ,with a 1-1.5 half foot projection at its peak.Finally, I really liked the bottle even when eau electrique came out ,turns out this time I like the fragrance too.
Sweetness, spice and freshness
This fragrance is proof that sweetness, spice and freshness are not mutually exclusive and can be super complementary. La Nuit de L'Homme Original is unfortunately not yet in my possession and also none of the flankers. Except now this one, Bleu Électrique. It was an absolute blind buy, I pre-ordered from the perfumery and picked it up straight away. I have to say, I'm in love.

Opening as fresh as you'd want it to be. With bergamot and ginger. Then very quickly the spicy and sweet accords. Lavender pairs with cedar and vetiver. I find the fragrance already a statement and also somewhat individual. No 0815 fragrance. However, one (s) with the fragrance also can not do much wrong, if you are looking for a signature fragrance or Ausgehduft or sparingly used an office fragrance.

Durability and sillage is quite good, 6h approx. After that close to the skin even a few hours. Price / performance also quite good. Flacon beautiful. Highly recommended
Umomo
Fine with a little too much vanilla
A real highlight after a long time, with a few cutbacks. Vanilla is a matter of taste and even if she carries the fragrance, I would like less presence. Overall very round and reminds me of fragrances from the past. Yes Masterpiece...but without much thought...is simply the maximum you can wish for today

2petros
Fantastic opening with a soft sexy dry-down
This one is slightly fresher than the typical La Nuit de L'homme with better performance.

I love how they substitute the vetiver and tonka bean notes of the Original LNDH with lavender and geranium on LNDH Bleu Électrique. Can be worn all year and most occasions, just be mindful in the high heat. A fantastic opening with a soft sexy dry-down.

Very sensual scent, One of my all time favorites.
Basti87
Of the currently available the best
La Nuit de L'Homme - one of the most popular fragrances for men on the market. An absolute superstar in the fragrance community with a huge fan base. Meanwhile, this fragrance has already 12 years on the hump. It seems longer, especially since you hear the word vintage formula more often. I've had the original scent in my collection for a long time too. It might be one of the batches between 2009 and 2011 and I can understand people's admiration. The current batches aren't abysmal, but there are still huge differences in quality. The current batches smell like solid designer releases, more synthetic and slightly watered down in contrast. Tested a current batch recently and differences are clear. Unfortunately. The original would have niche quality and was even for double the price find many buyers, I'm sure.
Overall, the series is really good. With the Bleu Electrique is already the 5th of this series in my collection. The original, the La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum , La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense and the La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne , which was unfortunately discontinued. The Frozen Cologne is my favorite and with this Bleu Electrique you get once again a fragrance that goes something in the fresh direction.

Initially when this LNDL BE was listed on the home page as a new introduction I was not very angefixt. That's more because of the lame original Eau Electrique: That was rather meow, solid and according to the motto: Can you, you do not have to. One of many. Only after the many positive feedback here I became curious. Actually this community is rather critical and demanding with new designer releases, especially with flankers. Now it is with 8.6 on place 20 of the men's fragrances. Awesome. I have to say: deserved. For me, the best scent of the currently available fragrances in this range. Whether it is better than the "Vintage" does not matter, since you probably get these anyway only at moon prices on some portals. For me, a very great and overdue release. The flankers in this series are good, but also very unique. This one clearly has the DNA of the original and in addition does not jump into a completely different garb.

With the Eau Electrique, the fragrance has not much to do. Fortunately. With which to advertise, whether that was a good move? But for that you get a beautiful blue bottle with great color gradient. Very attractive. In my opinion, this one is very much in the vein of the original circa 2010. Initially, it also has a bit of a resemblance to Frozen Cologne because of the freshness. I think you get a similar good quality fragrance. Here YSL has finally stayed close to the original without a lot of gimmicks or to adapt current trends. The somewhat fresher DNA stands out, but remains true to the basic concept.
Who expects something innovative will probably be disappointed. For people who have long had a preference for fragrances are probably not rather blown away because it is already a rather familiar fragrance, but: For fans of this series and for people who are looking for an absolute Crowdpleaser without much risk will find here an absolutely great fragrance. 100%. I find the even more uncomplicated and gentle than the original. I find the spiciness of the original a bit stronger, here it has been toned down a bit and also modeled with freshness. Really gentle and extremely sensual. Because of the freshness and toned down spice, this also goes great in daylight and also warmer temperatures. After initial Frozen Cologne touch, it goes quite clearly in the direction of the Ur-Duftes.
A safe fragrance, a crowdpleaser, an always walker. Really corners and edges are not to be found here. Must also not always. Who is looking for uncomplicated sensuality, will find here. A fragrance that I would wear mainly during the day, especially between 10 and 20 degrees.
From the performance I am also very satisfied. An exact number of hours I have not yet herausgetestet, but minimum 8 hours are here drinne. With initially very good sillage it drifts into something about skin tight and is quite pleasant and never too much. You can or should take a few more sprays if you like to smell a little more intense. This is not a problem here, as this DNA is so unobtrusive that even with over 10 sprays you would not be negatively noticed. On clothing, the certainly still holds significantly better. Overall, this performance is above average after some tests.

As a conclusion, I can say: after the Armani Code EdP another fragrance that appeared in 2021 and ties in with good old originals. Especially for fans of this series a great release. In addition, a great Immergeher, who is looking for an absolutely safe sweet fragrance. Here the wheel is not reinvented but one ties to good old releases. As I said: For me, the current best of the La Nuit De L'Homme series of the currently available fragrances. Blindbuy risk extremely low.
Trace1993
The night of the man... in the year 2021?
There is probably no other designer fragrance that has aroused such controversial feelings among perfume lovers in recent years as Yves Saint Laurent's "La nuit de l'homme". Some love it and swear by its seductive magic to make the hearts of womankind beat faster. Others long for the glorious batches of the early years and curse YSL for the numerous reformulations that have made LNDL so you don't really know whether you've sprayed yourself with water or perfume. And yet others are tired of being bombarded with a new flanker from the house of YSL every year.

Every evening I go - just before going to bed - to the closet across from my bed, where I store all the bottlings and samples. Every evening I pick out exactly one bottle that I want to sniff. I review all the memories and thoughts that I associate with the perfume and finally end the day with these impressions. I have remained true to this habit over the last few days. So I stood in front of my closet, looked at my collection and asked myself: Which one should it be today? How about Xerjoff - Alexandria 2? Hmmm noooo.... How about MFK - Grand Soir instead? Hmmm no... Ok, and how about Roja Parfums - Enigma? Nope... No matter how much I thought and tried to force myself to smell another bottle for a change, it didn't work. My eyes kept going only to that one particular atomizer, which was adorned with a bluish concoction from within. The name of this sample?
... La nuit de l'homme bleu electrique...

When I woke up this morning, I couldn't get one question out of my head: what is it about this fragrance that has me so captivated? "I know the fragrance character of La Nuit," I thought to myself. After all, on paper, it looks like there's hardly anything about this flanker that makes it so different from what I knew of the newer LNDL offshoots. But far from it... The thing that intrigued me so much about this release was an almost lost memory of a fragrance that YSL almost single-handedly buried many years ago. The name of that fragrance? La nuit de l'homme...

It almost sounds paradoxical, but.... "La nuit de l'homme bleu electrique" is probably as close to the La nuit of the very first years as it is possible to get. The intangible beauty and allure of cardamom and lavender enhanced LNDL is back. But the fun doesn't stop there. YSL has even gone a step further than just breathing new life into the OG La Nuit. It's almost like they've managed to merge two worlds together: The traditional La Nuit DNA wrapped in a modern garb.... The night of the man in 2021! With the ginger and rose geranium notes, LNDL gains a wonderfully appealing fresh vein that works perfectly with the magic of the cardamom - lavender combo. This fresh vein is what makes LNDL Bleu electrique - for me - more modern than it was the case with the former 2009 release of LNDL.

The durability and sillage are absolutely satisfactory. I had absolutely no problems with perceiving the fragrance up to 8 hours. The projection was ridiculously good for the first 1-2 hours. A friend of mine complimented me on the scent, even though I was about 2 rooms away from her at the time. If one day there is an Edp or Elixir variant of Bleu Electrique (as YSL is also doing with Sauvage), I would have no problem giving this release a full 10 in the "longevity and sillage" categories as well.

To sum it up, the message of my review is: DARE.
All of you who once fell in love with LNDL, but have repressed or forgotten that love: DARE.
For those of you who always wanted to own LNDL but couldn't bring yourselves to buy a bottle because of the creepy reformulation and watering down stories: DARE.
Untraceable!
Now I have to write something about this too. I have the impression that there are really many people here who have no idea about fragrances. Sorry that I have to say that. But it is so. I even have the impression that here just like to jump on the train of the previous speaker on it, just to say something.

The old La Nuit batch, I'm talking 2011, really has very little to do with this fragrance. The durability and eroticism was untouchable back then. For me personally, the hottest men's fragrance ever. But since the spirits are divided anyway.

Only now people write here, he is back. No, he is not. This fragrance is similar, and then this Blue, like all other YSL fragrances, sinks into oblivion after a short time.

The La Nuit 2011 smelled with me 24 hours on the wrist, without only approaching to become weak.

It is now with some houses the fad to water down the fragrances of yesteryear. Logical consequence, I no longer buy it.

Have fun with this fragrance, but to my old love he really does not come at all

Back to the future
This Flanker is going to fight!
This fragrance has recently come out and very good feelings were already coming from those who had tried it. After trying it, I can say that he has conquered me.
Is it novel and original? Not at all, but this fragrance is going to win the broken hearts of those who only see a ghost in the current versions of La Nuit de L’homme of that fragrance that it conquered in its wake.
It may not be at that height but it far exceeds what there is right now. Bleu Electrique still has that sensual DNA, but here we find a twist, with a fresher start, but it will immediately remind you of La Nuit de L'homme, cardamom and lavender continue to play a great role and are irresistible, I find the woody bottom. Its trail is soft but playful, at times it feels more at times less, but in my opinion it is not bad, its duration far exceeds the current La Nuit de L'homme, although there are days that it has lasted me very well and others less, but in general I am satisfied with what it offers. As for whether it succeeds the day I premiered it, my girlfriend told me twice that she smelled good, so I think the charm is there.
Since the houses do not seem very willing to innovate, it is appreciated at least that they do things well.

SnikersSnikers 22 days ago
The original La nuit with a sweeter vibe. Very good everyday scent, will suit men in every age, good in every season.
Nik604Nik604 2 months ago
LNDH but much more artificial and juvenile .. no great lavender/ cedar dry down anymore. Over hyped and overpriced.
DarkWinterCSDarkWinterCS 2 months ago
Firstly fresh-green with bergamot and cardamom. Then the full power of lavender that creates a elegant silhouette on the skin.
KokganKokgan 2 months ago
Weak AF! last 2H on clothes, and hardly 1H on skin. Very weak projection!
DPArtistDPArtist 3 months ago
A nice but scent but the type most folk will have smelled before, overly familiar and as with most YSL, quite pricey for what it is.
InbnkInbnk 4 months ago
Fresh clean and little hint of spicy. Very versatile but one thing let me down is projection. It's down to skin scent very quickly.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 4 months ago
Not really that blue but nevertheless awesome. Better than the OG but not as good as frozen cologne. Rich, spicy and deep, awesome!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
A slightly fresher, less powdery and more modern La Nuit de L'Homme. Sweet citric opening, cardamom, lavender and a woody touch in the base
Lhobson10Lhobson10 8 months ago
This is gorgeous (never smelled the original). Performance however is awful despite the positive reviews I've read. Disappointed
EstbienlaEstbienla 9 months ago
For lovers of the first version in pink (géranium).Good perfume, but looks like a cheap deodorant

by Smoetn
by Herkules762
by Toni1990
by Toni1990

Popular by Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2002) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2011) / M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent