La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique 2021

La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent
Top 18 in Men's Perfume
La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique is a new perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2021. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
CardamomCardamom
GingerGinger
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrench lavenderFrench lavender
GeraniumGeranium
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.10.2021.

2petros
Fantastic opening with a soft sexy dry-down
This one is slightly fresher than the typical La Nuit de L'homme with better performance.

I love how they substitute the vetiver and tonka bean notes of the Original LNDH with lavender and geranium on LNDH Bleu Électrique. Can be worn all year and most occasions, just be mindful in the high heat. A fantastic opening with a soft sexy dry-down.

Very sensual scent, One of my all time favorites.
Basti87
Of the currently available the best
La Nuit de L'Homme - one of the most popular fragrances for men on the market. An absolute superstar in the fragrance community with a huge fan base. Meanwhile, this fragrance has already 12 years on the hump. It seems longer, especially since you hear the word vintage formula more often. I've had the original scent in my collection for a long time too. It might be one of the batches between 2009 and 2011 and I can understand people's admiration. The current batches aren't abysmal, but there are still huge differences in quality. The current batches smell like solid designer releases, more synthetic and slightly watered down in contrast. Tested a current batch recently and differences are clear. Unfortunately. The original would have niche quality and was even for double the price find many buyers, I'm sure.
Overall, the series is really good. With the Bleu Electrique is already the 5th of this series in my collection. The original, the La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum , La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense and the La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne , which was unfortunately discontinued. The Frozen Cologne is my favorite and with this Bleu Electrique you get once again a fragrance that goes something in the fresh direction.

Initially when this LNDL BE was listed on the home page as a new introduction I was not very angefixt. That's more because of the lame original Eau Electrique: That was rather meow, solid and according to the motto: Can you, you do not have to. One of many. Only after the many positive feedback here I became curious. Actually this community is rather critical and demanding with new designer releases, especially with flankers. Now it is with 8.6 on place 20 of the men's fragrances. Awesome. I have to say: deserved. For me, the best scent of the currently available fragrances in this range. Whether it is better than the "Vintage" does not matter, since you probably get these anyway only at moon prices on some portals. For me, a very great and overdue release. The flankers in this series are good, but also very unique. This one clearly has the DNA of the original and in addition does not jump into a completely different garb.

With the Eau Electrique, the fragrance has not much to do. Fortunately. With which to advertise, whether that was a good move? But for that you get a beautiful blue bottle with great color gradient. Very attractive. In my opinion, this one is very much in the vein of the original circa 2010. Initially, it also has a bit of a resemblance to Frozen Cologne because of the freshness. I think you get a similar good quality fragrance. Here YSL has finally stayed close to the original without a lot of gimmicks or to adapt current trends. The somewhat fresher DNA stands out, but remains true to the basic concept.
Who expects something innovative will probably be disappointed. For people who have long had a preference for fragrances are probably not rather blown away because it is already a rather familiar fragrance, but: For fans of this series and for people who are looking for an absolute Crowdpleaser without much risk will find here an absolutely great fragrance. 100%. I find the even more uncomplicated and gentle than the original. I find the spiciness of the original a bit stronger, here it has been toned down a bit and also modeled with freshness. Really gentle and extremely sensual. Because of the freshness and toned down spice, this also goes great in daylight and also warmer temperatures. After initial Frozen Cologne touch, it goes quite clearly in the direction of the Ur-Duftes.
A safe fragrance, a crowdpleaser, an always walker. Really corners and edges are not to be found here. Must also not always. Who is looking for uncomplicated sensuality, will find here. A fragrance that I would wear mainly during the day, especially between 10 and 20 degrees.
From the performance I am also very satisfied. An exact number of hours I have not yet herausgetestet, but minimum 8 hours are here drinne. With initially very good sillage it drifts into something about skin tight and is quite pleasant and never too much. You can or should take a few more sprays if you like to smell a little more intense. This is not a problem here, as this DNA is so unobtrusive that even with over 10 sprays you would not be negatively noticed. On clothing, the certainly still holds significantly better. Overall, this performance is above average after some tests.

As a conclusion, I can say: after the Armani Code EdP another fragrance that appeared in 2021 and ties in with good old originals. Especially for fans of this series a great release. In addition, a great Immergeher, who is looking for an absolutely safe sweet fragrance. Here the wheel is not reinvented but one ties to good old releases. As I said: For me, the current best of the La Nuit De L'Homme series of the currently available fragrances. Blindbuy risk extremely low.
Trace1993
The night of the man... in the year 2021?
There is probably no other designer fragrance that has aroused such controversial feelings among perfume lovers in recent years as Yves Saint Laurent's "La nuit de l'homme". Some love it and swear by its seductive magic to make the hearts of womankind beat faster. Others long for the glorious batches of the early years and curse YSL for the numerous reformulations that have made LNDL so you don't really know whether you've sprayed yourself with water or perfume. And yet others are tired of being bombarded with a new flanker from the house of YSL every year.

Every evening I go - just before going to bed - to the closet across from my bed, where I store all the bottlings and samples. Every evening I pick out exactly one bottle that I want to sniff. I review all the memories and thoughts that I associate with the perfume and finally end the day with these impressions. I have remained true to this habit over the last few days. So I stood in front of my closet, looked at my collection and asked myself: Which one should it be today? How about Xerjoff - Alexandria 2? Hmmm noooo.... How about MFK - Grand Soir instead? Hmmm no... Ok, and how about Roja Parfums - Enigma? Nope... No matter how much I thought and tried to force myself to smell another bottle for a change, it didn't work. My eyes kept going only to that one particular atomizer, which was adorned with a bluish concoction from within. The name of this sample?
... La nuit de l'homme bleu electrique...

When I woke up this morning, I couldn't get one question out of my head: what is it about this fragrance that has me so captivated? "I know the fragrance character of La Nuit," I thought to myself. After all, on paper, it looks like there's hardly anything about this flanker that makes it so different from what I knew of the newer LNDL offshoots. But far from it... The thing that intrigued me so much about this release was an almost lost memory of a fragrance that YSL almost single-handedly buried many years ago. The name of that fragrance? La nuit de l'homme...

It almost sounds paradoxical, but.... "La nuit de l'homme bleu electrique" is probably as close to the La nuit of the very first years as it is possible to get. The intangible beauty and allure of cardamom and lavender enhanced LNDL is back. But the fun doesn't stop there. YSL has even gone a step further than just breathing new life into the OG La Nuit. It's almost like they've managed to merge two worlds together: The traditional La Nuit DNA wrapped in a modern garb.... The night of the man in 2021! With the ginger and rose geranium notes, LNDL gains a wonderfully appealing fresh vein that works perfectly with the magic of the cardamom - lavender combo. This fresh vein is what makes LNDL Bleu electrique - for me - more modern than it was the case with the former 2009 release of LNDL.

The durability and sillage are absolutely satisfactory. I had absolutely no problems with perceiving the fragrance up to 8 hours. The projection was ridiculously good for the first 1-2 hours. A friend of mine complimented me on the scent, even though I was about 2 rooms away from her at the time. If one day there is an Edp or Elixir variant of Bleu Electrique (as YSL is also doing with Sauvage), I would have no problem giving this release a full 10 in the "longevity and sillage" categories as well.

To sum it up, the message of my review is: DARE.
All of you who once fell in love with LNDL, but have repressed or forgotten that love: DARE.
For those of you who always wanted to own LNDL but couldn't bring yourselves to buy a bottle because of the creepy reformulation and watering down stories: DARE.
Untraceable!
Now I have to write something about this too. I have the impression that there are really many people here who have no idea about fragrances. Sorry that I have to say that. But it is so. I even have the impression that here just like to jump on the train of the previous speaker on it, just to say something.

The old La Nuit batch, I'm talking 2011, really has very little to do with this fragrance. The durability and eroticism was untouchable back then. For me personally, the hottest men's fragrance ever. But since the spirits are divided anyway.

Only now people write here, he is back. No, he is not. This fragrance is similar, and then this Blue, like all other YSL fragrances, sinks into oblivion after a short time.

The La Nuit 2011 smelled with me 24 hours on the wrist, without only approaching to become weak.

It is now with some houses the fad to water down the fragrances of yesteryear. Logical consequence, I no longer buy it.

Have fun with this fragrance, but to my old love he really does not come at all

Back to the future
This Flanker is going to fight!
This fragrance has recently come out and very good feelings were already coming from those who had tried it. After trying it, I can say that he has conquered me.
Is it novel and original? Not at all, but this fragrance is going to win the broken hearts of those who only see a ghost in the current versions of La Nuit de L’homme of that fragrance that it conquered in its wake.
It may not be at that height but it far exceeds what there is right now. Bleu Electrique still has that sensual DNA, but here we find a twist, with a fresher start, but it will immediately remind you of La Nuit de L'homme, cardamom and lavender continue to play a great role and are irresistible, I find the woody bottom. Its trail is soft but playful, at times it feels more at times less, but in my opinion it is not bad, its duration far exceeds the current La Nuit de L'homme, although there are days that it has lasted me very well and others less, but in general I am satisfied with what it offers. As for whether it succeeds the day I premiered it, my girlfriend told me twice that she smelled good, so I think the charm is there.
Since the houses do not seem very willing to innovate, it is appreciated at least that they do things well.

Then rather the original
Since I'm a big friend of the original, I tested both last week and looked at the shelf life especially. Contrary to all positive comments, the new batch of La Nuit De LHomme even lasted a little longer. What bothers me most is that the peppery note is no longer there and it generally smells too fresh. Even though it's not necessarily a bleu. Nevertheless, it must be said that the fragrance itself is not bad, but who buys it because he wants the original with better durability will be disappointed here. My recommendation: Buy the new batch of the original!

Le roi est mort?
Probably YSL itself does not remember exactly how many flankers of LNDL has made.

One after the other, we, the perfumos have been hoping that finally one will be better or as good as the OG, the pre-reformulation Eau de Toilette.

With Bleu Electrique, YSL bring Eau de Toilette Intense ... which is probably due to the fragrance oil percentage between 5 - 8%, because after that it could be called eau de parfum.

They have added two notes: Ginger and geranium and tonka taken out, it is no longer so sweet and fäng very fresh.

I would say that the king is back, more you can see in my video.
LG,
Raz

Kubaguette
Gentlemen, LNDL is finally back!
YSL shot themselves in the leg when they reformulated the fragrance many years ago, the durability went completely flöten and that is now well known. Over the years, different variants of the original came out, but none ran to the real "La Nuit de L'Homme".... until now :)

I'm extra only for this review in a Douglas store marched and have the original times compared with this here and what can I say... it smells 99% like Bleu Électrique. You can clearly tell that the gentlemen at YSL had one goal in mind: To resurrect the classic and bring back to us all in 2021 the holy grail that was lost many years ago, and they did it, 1000%.

About the fragrance itself:
Bleu Électrique smells a little fresher, at least when you spray it on fresh, but after that it is 1 to 1 the same seductive spice and sweetness as the original, possibly a little more modern, and about the durability I can not complain. 5 hours+ are easily inside, at least as long as I smell the scent on myself constantly and people around me perceive it even longer. Possibly you can re-spray after half the day and the thing is eaten - The fragrance is but either way not really suitable to wear it during the day, he is not called without reason in French "The night of the man", so the durability is completely fine for what the fragrance should be - A fragrance for going out, for a cozy evening, for a "manly night" just.

About the advertising campaign:
I do not quite understand why YSL does not stir the advertising drum much more for this fragrance. The only thing I saw was a single post on Instagram and that was it. If not Parfumo, I would never have known this fragrance, and I'm quite sure that enormously many fans of the original of this fragrance would be thrilled here because YSL has finally returned after all these years what all have missed so much.

Pricing:
Lastly, I come to the price. 100 ml for just under 70 euros, bought blind. I can not complain, I would have even paid double or triple to be honest when I consider how much I am still fascinated by the fragrance.

Final words:
I see more and more people posting reviews here now and how the fragrance is getting listed higher and higher, currently it's at top 87 in fragrances for men and quite honestly, I'm incredibly happy to have discovered this fragrance so early and now witness how more and more people are becoming aware of it and are just as excited as I am.

The fragrance belongs without fun in the top 10, this is an absolute masterpiece and must for the evening. Treat yourself to at least a small bottle for 30 euros of it and convince yourself, I promise high and holy that no one will be disappointed here. My review and those of all the other people here speak volumes about what YSL has achieved here.

Welcome back, LNDL!

WoW!! This is FANTASTIC!
My oh my oh my.... I finally got my $39 60ml bottle from Macy’s, and I am DEFINITELY gonna grab the 200ml whenever it hits the US market...

It IS that good.

It’s like they kicked up the intensity of the original, tenfold. It has a bright, fresh feel to it as well, but in my opinion this is absolutely EPIC!

From the opening to the drydown, this one has me in a state of absolute bliss. Projection is a solid 3ft bubble, and the sillage trail lets people know you were there. The longevity is great as well, an easy 8+ hours on my skin.

La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique
Wow. This is like the original only fresher. And longer lasting. Fantastic scent.
Powerful opening and soft dry down.
Very spicy and fresh.
Lovely blue bottle.
You won’t be disappointed if you like the original.
You will love this more

Lhobson10Lhobson10 24 days ago
This is gorgeous (never smelled the original). Performance however is awful despite the positive reviews I've read. Disappointed
EstbienlaEstbienla 2 months ago
For lovers of the first version in pink (géranium).Good perfume, but looks like a cheap deodorant
Stevens95Stevens95 2 months ago
Pretty much YSL La nuit de l'homme with better performances (compared to newest reformulations).

by Smoetn
by AirTiger
by Razvanyke
by Razvanyke

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent