La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique 2021

La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent
Top 20 in Men's Perfume
La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique is a new perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2021. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
CardamomCardamom
GingerGinger
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrench lavenderFrench lavender
GeraniumGeranium
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 31.07.2021.

Back to the future
This Flanker is going to fight!
This fragrance has recently come out and very good feelings were already coming from those who had tried it. After trying it, I can say that he has conquered me.
Is it novel and original? Not at all, but this fragrance is going to win the broken hearts of those who only see a ghost in the current versions of La Nuit de L’homme of that fragrance that it conquered in its wake.
It may not be at that height but it far exceeds what there is right now. Bleu Electrique still has that sensual DNA, but here we find a twist, with a fresher start, but it will immediately remind you of La Nuit de L'homme, cardamom and lavender continue to play a great role and are irresistible, I find the woody bottom. Its trail is soft but playful, at times it feels more at times less, but in my opinion it is not bad, its duration far exceeds the current La Nuit de L'homme, although there are days that it has lasted me very well and others less, but in general I am satisfied with what it offers. As for whether it succeeds the day I premiered it, my girlfriend told me twice that she smelled good, so I think the charm is there.
Since the houses do not seem very willing to innovate, it is appreciated at least that they do things well.

Then rather the original
Since I'm a big friend of the original, I tested both last week and looked at the shelf life especially. Contrary to all positive comments, the new batch of La Nuit De LHomme even lasted a little longer. What bothers me most is that the peppery note is no longer there and it generally smells too fresh. Even though it's not necessarily a bleu. Nevertheless, it must be said that the fragrance itself is not bad, but who buys it because he wants the original with better durability will be disappointed here. My recommendation: Buy the new batch of the original!

Le roi est mort?
Probably YSL itself does not remember exactly how many flankers of LNDL has made.

One after the other, we, the perfumos have been hoping that finally one will be better or as good as the OG, the pre-reformulation Eau de Toilette.

With Bleu Electrique, YSL bring Eau de Toilette Intense ... which is probably due to the fragrance oil percentage between 5 - 8%, because after that it could be called eau de parfum.

They have added two notes: Ginger and geranium and tonka taken out, it is no longer so sweet and fäng very fresh.

I would say that the king is back, more you can see in my video.
LG,
Raz

Kubaguette
Gentlemen, LNDL is finally back!
YSL shot themselves in the leg when they reformulated the fragrance many years ago, the durability went completely flöten and that is now well known. Over the years, different variants of the original came out, but none ran to the real "La Nuit de L'Homme".... until now :)

I'm extra only for this review in a Douglas store marched and have the original times compared with this here and what can I say... it smells 99% like Bleu Électrique. You can clearly tell that the gentlemen at YSL had one goal in mind: To resurrect the classic and bring back to us all in 2021 the holy grail that was lost many years ago, and they did it, 1000%.

About the fragrance itself:
Bleu Électrique smells a little fresher, at least when you spray it on fresh, but after that it is 1 to 1 the same seductive spice and sweetness as the original, possibly a little more modern, and about the durability I can not complain. 5 hours+ are easily inside, at least as long as I smell the scent on myself constantly and people around me perceive it even longer. Possibly you can re-spray after half the day and the thing is eaten - The fragrance is but either way not really suitable to wear it during the day, he is not called without reason in French "The night of the man", so the durability is completely fine for what the fragrance should be - A fragrance for going out, for a cozy evening, for a "manly night" just.

About the advertising campaign:
I do not quite understand why YSL does not stir the advertising drum much more for this fragrance. The only thing I saw was a single post on Instagram and that was it. If not Parfumo, I would never have known this fragrance, and I'm quite sure that enormously many fans of the original of this fragrance would be thrilled here because YSL has finally returned after all these years what all have missed so much.

Pricing:
Lastly, I come to the price. 100 ml for just under 70 euros, bought blind. I can not complain, I would have even paid double or triple to be honest when I consider how much I am still fascinated by the fragrance.

Final words:
I see more and more people posting reviews here now and how the fragrance is getting listed higher and higher, currently it's at top 87 in fragrances for men and quite honestly, I'm incredibly happy to have discovered this fragrance so early and now witness how more and more people are becoming aware of it and are just as excited as I am.

The fragrance belongs without fun in the top 10, this is an absolute masterpiece and must for the evening. Treat yourself to at least a small bottle for 30 euros of it and convince yourself, I promise high and holy that no one will be disappointed here. My review and those of all the other people here speak volumes about what YSL has achieved here.

Welcome back, LNDL!

WoW!! This is FANTASTIC!
My oh my oh my.... I finally got my $39 60ml bottle from Macy’s, and I am DEFINITELY gonna grab the 200ml whenever it hits the US market...

It IS that good.

It’s like they kicked up the intensity of the original, tenfold. It has a bright, fresh feel to it as well, but in my opinion this is absolutely EPIC!

From the opening to the drydown, this one has me in a state of absolute bliss. Projection is a solid 3ft bubble, and the sillage trail lets people know you were there. The longevity is great as well, an easy 8+ hours on my skin.

La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique
Wow. This is like the original only fresher. And longer lasting. Fantastic scent.
Powerful opening and soft dry down.
Very spicy and fresh.
Lovely blue bottle.
You won’t be disappointed if you like the original.
You will love this more
Thank you, YSL!
Never would I still have expected that it would happen....
I've been through almost all of the flankers in the La Nuit series, except for the Frozen Cologne, which I couldn't get my hands on at a normal price. Each of these Flanker liked me, however, the comparison to the original was always in the foreground or sometimes in the background... and each time I felt a little disappointment...
The original smells indeed mach his brutal reformulation still very good, but somehow it did not grab me so anymore, the magic was no longer there, and I wondered from year to year, why I could not satirize myself on this perfume.
When I heard that the 2020 batches were a lot better again, I went for it once more... the performance really did get a bit better in my eyes, but again, the magic wasn't there like it once was... or maybe my sense of smell has just changed?
And then came YOU....
YSL, La Nuit de l'homme Bleu Électrique
When I heard that Duendlich was going right back to basics, I couldn't help but buy you blind
The First Sprayer.... Puffff.... Back in 2012! It's you! UNKNOWN!
The spiciness, YOUR magic, is back. I catch myself smelling it almost every minute.
For the first 2-3 hours, you're not imitating the retro original, no, you just are.
And then suddenly... am I smelling the dry, almost plummy iris from the Intense perfume, which was discontinued in 2019? It's not in the pyramid, but I mean to come into contact with the 'old' Intense note, which keeps reuniting with the original and detaching itself from it for a few minutes....I can't draw a comparison to Frozen Cologne, as I've never been able to test it myself, but I don't give a damn now after this gem...
When I wake up in the morning (about 12h after application), I smell again on my arm, and can still perceive the full base of the woods well, but no trace of the tonka bean of the original...
The durability, I find compared to the original terrific. The fragrance does not say goodbye after 2-3 hours completely. Also the sillage is a lot better (probably also by the spiciness finally used again) than you know it from the original... I would almost want to claim, it is back on the level of the 2012/2013 version (the first vintage version I unfortunately never owned, so I can not judge).
I am positively surprised and somewhat overwhelmed that YSL has finally decided or noticed that the original should not be neutered.
But why again a new Flanker, and then also in blue?
Yes, I know, because of the fashion, but with blue I would honestly not associate this fragrance!?
Had to get a new flanker, because the original through the years and reformulations has gotten a worse and worse reputation (rightly or unjustly be indeterminate)? I suspect yes, to advertise it then additionally as Intense... whether that will work and it will be a new Reisser of the series?
I'm not sure, I'm just more than grateful that I was allowed to fall in love with the fragrance again and feel 10 years younger again... Thanks for that, YSL!
This review is an electrifying version of an Eau de Review Intense
I think part of true greatness of character is admitting a mistake when you've made one.

And obviously Yves Saint Laurent have, but so have I with my 1st review on the fragrance. Since YSL apparently try to mend the mistake, I also want to show greatness, and appreciate it.

But let's start vice-versa:
Yves Saint Laurent have made the mistake of refomulating La Nuit de L'Homme (2009).
What does refomulate mean? -
Look for it here in the forum or google it, but in short, when a perfume must be changed in content, because ingredients of it are no longer available / have been banned, or the manufacturer for cost reasons or other reasons, wants to change the formula.

When was the LNDH reformulation?
1. "Ur" version (original version) 2009, dark, sweet and strong
1. Reformulation 2011, fresher but still sow-strong
2. Reformulation 2014, suddenly a shadow of its former self, weak, noticeably smoother.

Since reformulation, YSL have launched a great many alternative versions, so-called "flankers" of the great famous La Nuit de L'Homme, namely:
La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne
La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum
La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense
La Nuit de L'Homme Eau de Parfum
La Nuit de L'Homme Eau Electrique

These were all, for my taste really good alternatives to the fragrance, but those like me who own the old, unadulterated original know that it nevertheless always remained the king,- and unbeaten the best version of itself!

Again and again were in the reviews and statements of new LNDH Flanker comments that it was "not as good as the original fragrance".

Especially with the "Eau de Parfum", probably many people would have hoped that it is simply a stronger, amplified version of the original. However, YSL as it so often happens, have composed the EdP with completely different notes, which I personally celebrate very much,- the grapefruit with the tons of cardamom just make a completely new, but great smell.

But yes, the old "DNA" remained unfortunately thereby still on the track, the hoped-for satisfaction selbige to experience again in strong, remained out.
Many people saw next to the expensive vintage flacons on the second-hand market the Flanker "Frozen Cologne" as a good alternative, it is but very similar to the "original formula", just a little fresher.

At the 1st testing in the store (so it was also in my 1st comment on the newcomer..) I thought to myself only "Oh, that smells like La Nuit de L'Homme".
At home from shopping, close smelled from the skin, but I suddenly got a strong "Frozen Cologne" impression. In my original review, I then drew cynically about the fact that YSL have only re-bottled the good old Frozen Cologne for base motives...

However, if you own a bottle of it, and wear the fragrance a lot and actively, I think you get a slightly different impression:

It is not Frozen Cologne. I repeat: NOT FROZEN COLOGNE! There is indeed something in it, which reminds one again and again a little bit of it, however, I have the feeling of wearing a vintage version of La Nuit de L'Homme now more and more.

Well, now but the question arises, - WHICH?

Actually, I would like to answer that now after extensive testing with the words of the manufacturer, who writes in the short text to a PR image that illustrates a transition of the classic Eau de Toilette, to the new Bleu Electrique the following:

[ Translated by me into German ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La Nuit de L'homme Bleu Electrique is a fresher, more intense version of the Eau de Toilette. The seductive and mysterious warmth of an oriental fragrance. A powerful and contrasting fragrance inspired by the electrifying moment of attraction between two strangers who feel very familiar. Let them ask, "Don't I know you?"

I think these words clearly show that YSL now actually wanted to bring back good old vintage La Nuit, under the guise of a "Bleu" flanker.
It feels to me that they wanted to make a "main" version of the fragrance, i.e. a fragrance that sort of differentiates itself from the "night" track by alluding to the famous big blues (Bleu de Chanel, Sauvage, etc...) through the "Bleu" predicate, and suggesting to you:

You love La Nuit and want it for the day, in more intense, and a little fresher? This is it. Your LNDH Signature.

And I think they hit the mark pretty well, too. In rewearing it frequently and testing my own bottle, I feel it's pretty close to the vintage 2013-2014 La Nuit, i.e. the 1st reformulation which was still very strong, but a bit fresher and brighter than the Ur version.

The durability and silage are possibly not quite as strong, but after a few hours you still notice it much better than the normal EdT, a veil remains throughout the day. And the scent is a bit rounder than the Vintage 2013, but the impression and the feeling are very congruent for me. It just "feels" the same. :)
Along those lines, I can really recommend this scent to you if you've been craving the vintage version for a long time, but it's not worth all that money to you. I find it far more similar than any clones I've tested of it, no unnecessary chocolate notes or anything....
Also in the A/B test, and judged by others on me, I got the feedback that it is very similar to Vintage + FC anyway.
Think of it vl. as 70% LNDH 2013 + 30% Frozen Cologne, but without that almost bitter "dry ice" accord that Frozen Cologne has.

I give you euretwilen the tip not to judge as hastily as I did, but am all the more eager to hear your opinions on the fragrance.

Thank you YSL for this great perfume! ;)

by J1ndujun
by J1ndujun
by AirTiger
by AirTiger
by Razvanyke
by Razvanyke

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent