Libre by Yves Saint Laurent
Bottle Design: Suzanne Dalton

Libre is a new perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan orange blossom absolute, French lavender, Jasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesMadagascan vanilla, Cedar, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by KatharinaG, last update on 19.11.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Dua Lipa.

10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

A strong woman
The day begins fresh and cool. The air's clear. She gets up quietly so as not to wake the little ones. Also today it will be a long working day again.

Cat wash. After all, you have to be economical with clean water in these times. The soap smells so wonderfully of lavender. She is one of her most precious treasures.

Carefully she pulls her thickest pantyhose under the cotton dress. Many patches can be seen on it, but at least it has no more holes.

Powder your face quickly. To conjure up a little bit of life on the narrow cheeks.

One last look at the clock. A quiet plague. Your kids should have it better than she does. You should be free.

She wakes her eldest daughter. Also today she has to take care of her little siblings again.
Tenderly she creams her rough hands and dabs a blot on her nose. She's smiling. Years later her daughter will remember the gentle floral scent of the cream and will think back to her mother.

She had to be father and mother at the same time. Sometimes something harsh, almost rugged of her kind resonated. She had learned how to assert herself. But she could also be tender and gentle when she took little ones in her arms or sang them to sleep. Clean and tidy, she always has been. She attached importance to it, even if there was still so little.

She'd been away from home for hours. She had to work a lot. Bring money home, take care of the kids. But when she was there, she always radiated that unconditional love that only a mother can give. And sometimes, only once in a while, there was this wonderful, delicate pastry that smelled so nice of vanilla and warmed the whole house a little.

Marquise27
Vintage fragrance with a modern touch
The first impression is orange blossom, the second is orange blossom, neroli and mandarin add their tanginess, very very fruity and opulent. Lavender and jasmine are a little lost for me, are only weakly perceptible, if at all. After a few hours it becomes softer, musk and vanilla leave its fine imprint. A flowery-fruity fragrance for women who like it uncomplicated and want to be directly present with their fragrance. Durability is very good. Since I'm not the big fan of orange blossom the reader may forgive me if the exuberance is not so big. Is a beautiful fragrance in a striking design. He reminds me a little of vintage scents.
9.0 8.0 7.5/10

Retro-floral
It takes a load off my mind. Libre...I was afraid that he would hit back into still current LVEB/Si/MonGuerlain mainstream notch. I'm glad I didn't. Besides, I was still a little mutilated because of the name recycling. Eau Libre smelled in grey prehistoric times, he was fantastically fresh, and then a new one under quasi the same name? Blasphemy, so I thought - see Joy.
All right, let's disregard that name. Flacon is beautiful, there's nothing to shake.
The first spray makes me breathe a sigh of relief. No gourmand, no cotton candy. Direct orange blossom Absolu, with something slightly marzipan behind it, but still a little green.
I read about alien hints, perhaps due to the jasmine samba...but I can't find this relationship, even if this note becomes more present in the course of time and tries to cover the orange notes. But it doesn't become as omniscient as it could be, but remains flowery. 80s flowery, retro-flowery, white-flowered. Uschi Blum.
Lavender comes into my test late, and doesn't make a big entrance.
However, the basis is very familiar and unspectacular, musk.
All in all a pleasant surprise, even for me I am by no means a friend of too many flowers, except Uschi.
Unfortunately I don't know Manifesto, so I can't make any comparisons with it.
Shelf life quite ok. I am glad that I could refute my own prejudice, but Libre will not become my favorite, he is too bafflingly musky for that. But I'm sure he'll find his customers.
8.0 8.0 7.0 8.5/10

Irresistible
Acquired the fragrance today.
It's great to spray on. After 4 hours it was still intensely noticeable on my skin.
Love fragrances that actually contain chypre, but this sweet aromatic fragrance reminds me of warm autumn days, cuddly moments of well-being and gentle company in the now often gloomy Herbstzeitlose.

Let's see if he continues to accompany me in this direction.
I wouldn't really classify the scent at flowery sweetish.
Successful, dear YSL.

First opium, then nakotium
Mrs. Flippo, Dr. Benaim to the O.R., please. There he is, the poor patient. Nobody really knows what he's got and what he's suffering from. Also the anaesthesia - a quite strong opium - does not want to work there. He's gotten too used to it. Well, don't despair... i can't get any worse. If an opium or black opium is no longer sufficient for anaesthesia then we create - I am so free - a "Libre". Hardly inhaled and zack the patient lies in the most beautiful narcotic deep sleep. He can't resist such a hammer now either. So Mrs. Flippo, you have proven your anesthetic abilities well with Dr. Benaim, now let the surgery or the start of dissection:

The bottle: It is nicely made, simple and handy.

The scent: killing already with the first spray on. Unfortunately, it does not develop either, the orange blossom remains pungently artificial and increases in the course still unpleasantly. Even lavender and jasmine have little chance. Of the vanilla hardly a trace

Silage and shelf life: much too intensive even with a cautious test sprayer. Not suitable for office use or in cinemas or smaller rooms. Very long lasting, unfortunately does not weaken.

Conclusion: I had the hope that it would become a fragrance that lived up to its name. For me, the fragrance is free of character and elegance. Manifesto ... maybe at first. But I can see very strong parallels to all the opium creations. Only this time it's called "Libre".

Nothing for me, I'm afraid. .... Oh, I see the patient is regaining consciousness ... i should do it again --- better not.

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

I am so free
Today the husband pointed out the new " Ysel " to me, and smiled one.

He takes my craving for perfume lightly - and that's where it belongs.
Serious beer shouldn't be a hobby.

And Libre's salutation is also: "I am so free - because he greets me lightly and airily.

Neroli cools and the mandarin provides aquatics - fresh piously cheerful free - and I think it's about to become sporty.

No - the lavender radiates peace - brightened by the jasmine.
Maybe a nap in the early afternoon?

Vanilla and ambergris appear sweet - and the bell rings.

Cedar and musk invite you to an elegant soiree.

This fragrance has so many pleasant facets - and they all appeal to me.

I like him - I'm so free

Jazzy76 60 days ago
Extremely femininine but not "shouted" bouquet : The neroli note is soft, round, warm, not too vibrant. A good balanced classy daily scent
6.0